Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:05:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining  (Read 914090 times)
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:44:06 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 11:58:18 AM by Alphi

Can someone please explain to me how Max Keiser could have acquired enough maxcoin to make a pump and dump profitable?  He would have to buy them, no?  Its just that Maxcoin was not premined, there were no "free coins" for anyone.  Maybe you are thinking about startcoin, which by the way seems to be used to fund projects on StartJoin that benefit MaxCoin.

you obviously don't know why they are called pump and dumps...

you don't need to have a lot of 'free' coins to pump and dump, you just need a large audience of gullible people.

first you wait for the price to be low.. then you keep your mouth shut and buy a whole stack of coins...
then you use your popularity and deceptive comments to convince other people to buy coins and the price rises.
when the price is high you dump your coins and then watch the price drop back down...

rinse and repeat.

A pump and dump scam is the illegal act of an investor or group of investors promoting a stock they hold and selling once the stock price has risen following the surge in interest as a result of the endorsement.

The stock is usually promoted as a "hot tip" or "the next big thing" with details of an upcoming news announcement that will "send the stock through the roof". The details of each individual pump and dump scam tend to be different but the scheme always boils down to a basic principal: shifting supply and demand. Pump and dump scams tend to only work on small and micro-cap stocks that are traded over the counter. These companies tend to be highly illiquid and can have sharp price movements when volume increases. The group behind the scam increase the demand and trading volume in the stock and this new inflow of investors leads to a sharp rise in its price. Once the price rise has formulated, the group will sell their position to make a large short-term gain.
http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/05/061205.asp

you can even watch the video if you are too lazy to read up on the subject...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_eISKzSITg

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MAXcoin_Believer

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:15:36 PM

Can someone please explain to me how Max Keiser could have acquired enough maxcoin to make a pump and dump profitable?  He would have to buy them, no?  Its just that Maxcoin was not premined, there were no "free coins" for anyone.  Maybe you are thinking about startcoin, which by the way seems to be used to fund projects on StartJoin that benefit MaxCoin.

you obviously don't know why they are called pump and dumps...

you don't need to have a lot of 'free' coins to pump and dump, you just need a large audience of gullible people.

first you wait for the price to be low.. then you keep your mouth shut and buy a whole stack of coins...
then you use your popularity and deceptive comments to convince other people to buy coins and the price rises.
when the price is high you dump your coins and then watch the price drop back down...

rinse and repeat.

A pump and dump scam is the illegal act of an investor or group of investors promoting a stock they hold and selling once the stock price has risen following the surge in interest as a result of the endorsement.

The stock is usually promoted as a "hot tip" or "the next big thing" with details of an upcoming news announcement that will "send the stock through the roof". The details of each individual pump and dump scam tend to be different but the scheme always boils down to a basic principal: shifting supply and demand. Pump and dump scams tend to only work on small and micro-cap stocks that are traded over the counter. These companies tend to be highly illiquid and can have sharp price movements when volume increases. The group behind the scam increase the demand and trading volume in the stock and this new inflow of investors leads to a sharp rise in its price. Once the price rise has formulated, the group will sell their position to make a large short-term gain.
http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/05/061205.asp

you can even watch the video if you are too lazy to read up on the subject...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_eISKzSITg

Oh great, thanks for clarifying.  I obviously do know why its called a pump and dump and I don't need to watch the video.  But if YOU were not too lazy to read previous posts you would have realised it was a rhetorical question aimed towards the people who DO believe Max Keiser got free coins.  Clearly you spent much more time to find published research and construct a reply to me so you could have a go at shooting down the only part of my post that you could pick a hole in than you could have spent reading the post immediately before mine  Roll Eyes
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:26:05 PM

Oh great, thanks for clarifying.  I obviously do know why its called a pump and dump and I don't need to watch the video.  But if YOU were not too lazy to read previous posts you would have realised it was a rhetorical question aimed towards the people who DO believe Max Keiser got free coins.  Clearly you spent much more time to find published research and construct a reply to me so you could have a go at shooting down the only part of my post that you could pick a hole in than you could have spent reading the post immediately before mine  Roll Eyes

sorry mate despite how you might feel, I am not a fudster who reads every post on here looking for something to bash.. I only check in occasionally to see how my investment is sinking and I only bother to read the semi interesting posts. from the way you wrote your post you made it quite clear than you though that the only way to successfully pump and dump is with a wad of free or premined coins.. this is simply not true.

regardless of that, nobody knows how many free coins Max kaiser was given for his promotion of the coin.. it is silly to assume he was given nothing  just as it would be silly to assume that MCXNow was given nothing for listing Max and Startcoin.

for people to claim that Max wasn't given any free Maxcoins is just as naive as claiming he was showered in free maxcoins for promoting the coin.
obviously he didn't get enough free coins because he then went on to stop promoting maxcoin and help create and promote a 50% premined coin..

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
MAXcoin_Believer

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:53:13 PM

sorry mate despite how you might feel, I am not a fudster who reads every post on here looking for something to bash.. I only check in occasionally to see how my investment is sinking and I only bother to read the semi interesting posts. from the way you wrote your post you made it quite clear than you though that the only way to successfully pump and dump is with a wad of free or premined coins.. this is simply not true.

I understand the concept entirely.  If my post came across like that then silly me, but I have read it a few times now and I think the point I conveyed was that all coins have been mined into existence and I am not sure who would have had enough maxcoins to give Max Keiser to make it lucrative enough for him (considering his net worth).  They had to be mined into existence and although the devs would have had a little bit of a head start they couldn't have accumulated a vast amount before the community jumped in and started mining it.

regardless of that, nobody knows how many free coins Max kaiser was given for his promotion of the coin.. it is silly to assume he was given nothing  just as it would be silly to assume that MCXNow was given nothing for listing Max and Startcoin.

My same point again.  Who could have acquired that many maxcoin to donate?  Everyone got an equal chance to mine them from day one (more or less Smiley )

for people to claim that Max wasn't given any free Maxcoins is just as naive as claiming he was showered in free maxcoins for promoting the coin.
obviously he didn't get enough free coins because he then went on to stop promoting maxcoin and help create and promote a 50% premined coin..

The only purpose of Startcoin appears to be for the funding of projects on StartJOIN.  Maxcoin development fundraising is very popular on StartJOIN so the way I see it is that StartJOIN is a massive joke, but it seems to be used for backing projects that helps MaxCoin grow.  Donations would be the only way of funding the development of Maxcoin since the devs has an equal chance as every other miner to acquire them in the beginning.  Max Keiser uses the 50% premined startcoins to top up funding for projects on StartJOIN, although, who audits this?  There are many unanswered questions about startcoin.  I dont disagree with you about Startcoin, he seemed to abandon Maxcoin, but I think this was to push the price down for him to accumulate more and then use startcoin to boost maxcoin development.  Could be a long term plan for world domination Wink
TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 01:05:34 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 01:21:06 AM by TheTribesman

I personally believe that the current slump in altcoins is due to maxcoin.

So many hesitant investors (institutional and private) saw Max Keiser as the leading voice in cryptocurrencies. They saw rises in bitcoin, they saw rises in litecoin. All based on his commentary. They thought they'd missed the bus. They followed him into maxcoin believing they'd all make some money. They've basically lost that money. I doubt they'll be back.

I bet if you totalled the losses that people have taken by investing in maxcoin it'd be a whole lot more than anyone on this board can anticipate.

Maxcoin is the pin that burst the altcoin bubble.

Why am I saying this? I'd be interested to see the ratings for his show now compared to the start of the year. I personally believe he's lost all credibility, as well as bringing the entire crypto community/industry into disrepute.

Angry

(yes, I use deoderant)

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 03:23:25 AM

So many hesitant investors (institutional and private) saw Max Keiser as the leading voice in cryptocurrencies. They saw rises in bitcoin, they saw rises in litecoin. All based on his commentary. They thought they'd missed the bus. They followed him into maxcoin believing they'd all make some money. They've basically lost that money. I doubt they'll be back.

I bet if you totalled the losses that people have taken by investing in maxcoin it'd be a whole lot more than anyone on this board can anticipate.

Why am I saying this? I'd be interested to see the ratings for his show now compared to the start of the year. I personally believe he's lost all credibility, as well as bringing the entire crypto community/industry into disrepute.

Angry

(yes, I use deoderant)

I can't tell if this is a joke. lol.

Max bubble popped long ago and it has been worthless for months now.  The alt bubble burst over the last 45 days and over the last week again.

This is a normal Bitcoin effect which happened last November before max was ever created.  Max keiser didn't do the alt coin world any favors with his pump and dump of MAX but that didn't hurt alts as much as you're implying.  Many new investors will come on and many of the old investors will come back as well when things pick up next month.

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 03:29:52 AM

MaxCoin believer,

You must be a real newbie.  I watch the max launch and it took over 1 whole week for the devs to finally release the info so others could launch and then it took some time. 

I knew devs who personally got the code working by the time they released it.  It was a total scam launch.

So the devs literally mined alone for over 1 week which was just over 1 million max coins and they owned probnaly 90% if those.  At over $2 per coin that's millions of dollars.

So you think it's hard to imagine that they gave max keiser half of those coins, or more?  And what about all the dumping after that - another couple million coins.

The fact you don't know how the launch was manipulated means you just got here a few days ago cause everyone in this community knows about the Max Keiser scam launch.

And it is shocking to me that max would back such a scammy launch given he's always screaming about hanging Banksters for ripping people off.  I lost a lot of respect for  max Keiser due to this coin and he surely knows this so I think he'll try to revive it to try and get all those people he dumped on out of their massive losses.

At least I hope he will do this to save of his damaged rep.

madalieninvader

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:24:33 PM

If you have old StartCoin:
Will trade new StartCoin for OLD StartCoin at 10% premium. Example: send me 100 old StartCoin and I'll send you 110 new StartCoin. Try small amounts first, or maybe always, because I can't be sure about the state of the old blockchain.

PM me with NEW StartCoin address and send old coins to:
OLD StartCoin address: sbKxwikSiioDzunxvBbq3Jbb8AoxtKhUzs

crypto currency poker:
https://www.betcoinpoker.ag/
https://nitrogensports.eu/
https://pokershibes.com/
https://sealswithclubs.eu/ (are you coming back seals?)

BURST: http://burstcoin.info/ Mining for everyone, ASIC resistant, wide fair distribution, many features, greener POW, Smart Contracts (Automatic Transactions)

♦  Just-Dice.com  ♦   ♦  1% House Edge Dice Game  ♦   ♦  Play or Invest  ♦
TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 01:06:17 PM

Angry

(yes, I use deoderant)

I can't tell if this is a joke. lol.

Max bubble popped long ago and it has been worthless for months now.  The alt bubble burst over the last 45 days and over the last week again.

This is a normal Bitcoin effect which happened last November before max was ever created.  Max keiser didn't do the alt coin world any favors with his pump and dump of MAX but that didn't hurt alts as much as you're implying.  Many new investors will come on and many of the old investors will come back as well when things pick up next month.

Cheers!

It was serious, but not too serious Cheesy

I completely agree with you that it popped long ago, but I remember the fallout, and the confidence that left the market. That confidence hasn't come back since that time (DRK emergence was fun though). I guess it's not just maxcoin. There are now 462 coins on CoinMarketCap. Even though lots are virtually worthless it definitely diluting the concept of cryptocurrencies, although I guess this could also be seen as an evolution that will eventually reveal it's benefits over time. Who knows?

I think there's more going on than the bitcoin effect. Bitcoin now seems completely independent of all other cryptos even though they all exist on the same lists. BTC is now THE ONLY stable currency, and I don't see any other coin joining that club anytime soon.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 10:25:19 PM

We will see what happens in the coming months as payment processors have to add additional cryptos since Bitcoin cannot do the job alone.  It's tx costs are too high for lower end items and it has a limit on the amount of tx per block.  And not to mention it's slow and it takes too long for BTC to add new features like Counterparty.  It's clear to me BTC will be used as a savings coin up until it blows, crashes and burns.  Should be an unreal ride until the bible bursts in maybe 2 years or so.

realinfo

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:21:06 PM

www.maxcoinpaperwallet.co.uk  Grin
LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

DMD,XZC

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:33:06 AM

network hashrate 2077Gh/s
max.1gh.com  425G
miningpoolhub 365G
dwarfpool      235G

i can't find the other 1052G, that is 51%, where is it ?

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:02:58 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 06:13:38 PM by subSTRATA

network hashrate 2077Gh/s
max.1gh.com  425G
miningpoolhub 365G
dwarfpool      235G

i can't find the other 1052G, that is 51%, where is it ?

Someone with really huge hashrate - on many occassions over 100% of all other miners combined - is solo mining for a while when difficulty is low thus getting 200% or more MAX
than normaly. He then dumps them at exchanges and realises 200% or higher profits over other MAX miners. He is doing it for a very long time but no one really noticed - or at
least those pumping MAX price without adding any hashrate noticed which means they are not just buying overpriced coins but insuring continuation of deeds as explained above.

It is quite a problem when you have investors who are unaware even of cryptocoin basics. They will buy some coin and then when price drops - because math, supply and demand
and plain old logic and sanity say it must drop - they will be all around bitching how coin sucks and whatnot.

With PoW coins solution is quite simple = add a shitload of hashrate and do not remove it, ever. Keep mined coins and wait until price goes up massively, like it all happened with
Bitcoin, Litecoin and many other coins. If you can not afford to go slightly negative now to later realise profits which will count in millions you better stay out of the whole deal.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
coa032

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:00:17 PM

@mmurfy
I saw on startjoin there was project for a new professional website: https://www.startjoin.com/Maxwebsite
So is there any news about it? Are developers working on it?
This one currently looks too simple.

Thanks,
coa032
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 03:19:47 AM

@mmurfy
I saw on startjoin there was project for a new professional website: https://www.startjoin.com/Maxwebsite

Thanks,
coa032

A good website goes a long way but at the same time look at doge and other top coins, their websites are very simple and cheap looking.

What max really needs is some good code updates which people love to see.  Make it a top competing coin.

And of course, get Keiser back on board to pump this coin again.  lol. 

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:50:43 AM

@mmurfy

Thanks,
coa032
Looks like ole max might've gotten himself a couple of genuine college students this time for to run the next pump and dump.  I wonder if he will introduce some sort of Kaiser "stabilization" fund for this coin too?  What is going to be StartCoin's 1,2 punch?  Give me a freaking break!

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
larem

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:09:45 PM

@mmurfy

Thanks,
coa032

A good website goes a long way but at the same time look at doge and other top coins, their websites are very simple and cheap looking.

What max really needs is some good code updates which people love to see.  Make it a top competing coin.

And of course, get Keiser back on board to pump this coin again.  lol. 

There also needs to be a reason to buy MAX. What is it bringing to the table that makes it worthy of purchasing? What makes it better than the others? These are things that the new site has to address.

srbty

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:50:50 AM

What is going on with rocket pool? No hashrate. I don't recived coins for two days in my wallet.  Huh
srbty

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:51:25 AM

What is going on with rocket pool? No hashrate. I don't recived coins for two days in my wallet.  Huh

last block - TWO DAYS!  Huh
Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:10:37 AM

Any working block explorer right now?
Pages: « 1 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: