Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:08:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked??  (Read 4047 times)
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:10:13 PM

It can be hacked if you give your important thing like password or private key. You know scammers do all the things just to get our valuable things and they can manipulate our minds to provide all that they want.
You do not even need to give your private key to them. Every desktop wallet does have an added security and you want to make sure they are on most of the time.

All the above, you also want to make your PC safe so as to not make it vulnerable to hackers, but the fact is that as long as your PC remains vulnerable to hackers in the presence of some malwares or virus, then your desktop wallet remains vulnerable as well and this is the reason why you should either be using a MAC system and beef up your wallet security or you are using a windows PC with a very strong antivirus.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daimon88

Activity: 397
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:49:27 AM

I think the cryptocurrency wallet can be hacked and I am sure that there is the person that have this skills. but I think as long as you can save your cryptocurrency wallets in the safe places, you don't have to worry about this and you can use your wallet without worry. it will need time to hack the wallet because I am sure that the security to protect the wallet is encrypted and not all people can break this encrypted and it needs high skills to do that. so you don't have to afraid with your wallet and keep save in your wallet for your own protection.
When talk about hacking crypto currency wallet, no doubt these can be hacked as they are also involved in digital thing and there will be a lot of people in the world who can easily hack these wallets and would have hacked because daily we hear such news when we start surfing about these crypto currencies. If hackers can hack these wallets from you then the can also hack it from someone else.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:22:51 PM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

As I know it and as I have seen, the answer is yes, online wallets sure can be hacked. There are lot of insidents that we can read that says that their wallets has been hacked, and most of those people who are complaining have an online account, so I think, having an offline crypto wallet is better amd more secured.
Those are desktop wallets and not online wallets, and yes, they can also be hacked. What makes them hack able is when you really do not care about the security of your system and most especially, windows system are more vulnerable to attacks if you do not have a strong antivirus, so if you want to thread that path, you sure want to be investing in one good antivirus program that you can trust or has a good review. Also, there are some embedded securities in the wallet that you can make use of, which you really want to if you are smart just in case !
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:27:53 PM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
Yes of course, but it would cost them so much time, effort, and money. That's why every hacker knows who is the best target... average Joe like us are never, so we can sleep tight with our hard wallets.
millionaireshs

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:33:17 PM

Actually it is possible if there is a person who will find a way to do that. Familiar about the upgrading viruses and anti virus their? It is like that.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:46:36 PM

Actually it is possible if there is a person who will find a way to do that. Familiar about the upgrading viruses and anti virus their? It is like that.

As per my knowledge I do not find the any issues with the wallets by hacking or hijacking issues. Please do not spread rumour that bitoin wallet can be hacked. It is not at all possible if you secure your wallet with the private key bro.

If you have the wallet without the private key and amount on the exchanges you will be having the possible way to loose the money. If you use the paper wallet and hardware wallet you will never loose any fund.
Vs225655

Activity: 182
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:06:10 PM

So they can be broken in many ways. One of the most commonly used phishing sites, or emails. To find out more about this you can search the Internet, there is a lot of information.
saadat6868

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:29:28 PM

To steal something is the best thing hacker like to do. It is really, when in some morning you wake up, turn on you PC, look for your wallet and on the srean 0.000, so be careful with your passwords and keys  Undecided
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:34:11 PM

Cryptocurrency wallet cannot be hacked if you are using a wallet that is being trusted by everyone just like mew or myetherewallet, wallets can be hacked depending on how good the programmer or the hacker but as of today, wallets are very hard to penetrate but the exchangers has higher probability of being hacked.

Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:08:44 PM

I do know that hacking of almost any wallet is possible on this cryptocurrency. Aside one being extra careful with one's login details, hackers do always find their way into people's wallet. I do think that with the blockchain technology, security is meant to have been beefed up especially when it comes to one's asset security.
Adek nadia

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:34:24 PM

there are many people who are in retas his wallet because careless in storing the wallet or in filling out the form. and we must also be more careful now because there are so many pitfalls now.

GLOBAL REIT: Blockchain berdasarkan
Investasi Real Estat Pertama yang pernah ada, 〔http://globalreit.io/〕
teeevnglst

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:16:31 AM

The wallet itself is hackable but it takes some genius to cracked it and its that difficult but the more easier way is to hack the person holding the key thats the easier part

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:38:17 AM

yeah i thinks so, all digital wallets and site are susceptible to hacks, that is why more and more security features are being added to our digital wallets that we should take advantage of. plus, refrain from using your wallet when you are connected to a public domain, like on malls, train stations, bus and other public places, they are more prone to hackers and phishing details, refrain from clicking unsolicited links that directs you to a non secure sites. if it offers a 2 factor sign up, then use it and secure your pins and passwords. 

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pumapipa

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:43:40 AM

Anything digital is hackable. The digital world is quite not a safe place for money that is why it is important to always secure all your private keys along with passwords of your digital wallets. Always surf the net with extreme precaution as malware and spyware can infiltrate your system and hack your accounts.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:33:21 AM

The wallet itself is hackable but it takes some genius to cracked it and its that difficult but the more easier way is to hack the person holding the key thats the easier part
And if that person who is holding his keys was able to give it unintentionally to someone that has knowledge on how to use it for recovery purposes.

Like those victims of those giveaways that are joining airdrops and one requirement is giving the private key of their MEW, there's also a possibility in the future that these lazy scammers will ask for any of the mentioned wallets private keys.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:36:08 AM

If you will give your private key or password to anyone then it will have its possibility to be hacked. We must be careful not to give private information to anybody.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:39:46 AM

As cryptocurrency came into existence, the wallets to got developed. Varied wallets with varied features were available for usage, but here each and every wallets have got hacked. It is our responsibility to keep as much secure possible, because when something has got value there will be people roaming around to get it in a easier way which is the reality.
lebrone08

Activity: 142
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:39:05 AM

In this generation, everything is possible using hightech kinds of technology, if you notice their are many times that some of the government sites was hack by some famous hacker. That's why even in crypto world could also happen. I suggest do all some safety precautions in order for you to secured your account, just like activiting your 2fa authenticator, and don't ever use password that is related to your personality so they can't get any hints from you.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:06:13 AM

It could be possible as all the securities relies in yourself. If you handled you wallets carefully and you have never share details about your identity, there is no chances of getting hacked. In most case that someone getting hacked is due to visiting phishing sites and clicking links which lead into scam sites and also replying someone asking for private keys. You better stay away from that and double check site before signing in.
darkangelosme

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:07:42 AM

Definitely dude it can be hack, there are so many ways to do it and the most common one is phishing style of hacking, it will be successfully done if you give your private key to the website they cloned just like what happen to myetherwallet site and thats why I'm using it anymore. To counter that your always check the url of the site your logging-in to your private key.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: