Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:41:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked??  (Read 4045 times)
curry101

Activity: 271
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:57:43 PM

It is not so easy to hacked cryptocurrency wallets. Its hard to guess the perfect combination of letters and numbers to your private keys. Unless you gave it to someone or accidentally not knowing that you post it. So be careful of your password and private keys in keeping it safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Electric4

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:06:16 PM

Everything can hacked in theory, but wallets are updated rapidly and vulnerabilities patch quickly. Hackers would be more attracted to getting access to your wallet in other way, without actually messing with the wallets code.
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 01:43:32 AM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

Everything in the internet is actually hackable so we must learn how to keep our keys and accounts safe and secure. In our modern technology, it is just easy for hackers to hack aacounts which is not theirs that's why keeping our private keys secured matters because that is the only way where we can keep our earnings safe as well.
pickledmuffin

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:22:19 AM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

There are no doubt full time hackers who think about new ways to exploit wallets every waking moment. For this reason we need to be super careful and take all recmmoneded measures and triple check everything.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 03:00:26 AM

Yes, any wallet is hackable. However, in most of the cases, the user is responsible for carelessness while using the wallets. One must take necessary security precautions while using any wallet. On the other hand, developers are always working on discovering and fixing the bugs from the technical end and hence the side of the user is always a soft target for the hackers to hack your wallet.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:11:58 AM

It is not so easy to hacked cryptocurrency wallets. Its hard to guess the perfect combination of letters and numbers to your private keys. Unless you gave it to someone or accidentally not knowing that you post it. So be careful of your password and private keys in keeping it safe.

Hacking is not just bounded at making applications and decrypting passwords, it is also starts at talking and communicating with the victim also known at these days as social engineering. There are also times when hackers and thieves create a situation so they can lead their victim to get what they want. Hackers and scammers are everywhere so you need to be careful. Crypto currency wallets can be hacked, but if you know what you are doing and you are being careful, it is safe and secure.
scoin9

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 04:21:41 AM

Cryptocurrency Wallets seem very secure and can only be hacked by carelessly giving out private keys or going to phishing sites I think, but exchange wallets can get hacked without that, if hackers attack the exchange like the very many exchanges being hacked these days, they can steal all your coins, you don't need to reveal any secret key for this to happen.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:50:33 AM

I am still believe that our bitcoin wallet can not be hacked as long we keeping safe our private key. As long we keep our bitcoin on our wallet not on exchanger wallet, i think its safe. Beside that, we should not trust on link we received on our email because sometimes is phising link
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:05:34 AM

Yes, they can be hacked. That’s why it’s good to be careful so you don’t end blaming anyone or saying that Bitcoin is scam or that it whatever you might call it. I make use of several wallets and they are well guarded with passwords and 2fa. Just like Blockchain wallet that I’m using.

Once you create a new wallet with Blockchain wallet you’re asked to create your password, all you have to do there is choose a difficult password that no one can easily crack. After which you might have created your new wallet, open the setting and check for the 2 factor authentication which can be activated by adding your phone number.

2fa (two factor authentication) is really helpful and prevents anyone from hacking your wallet. I once heard of a wallet that has up to 4 factor authentication lol, but I don’t know how that works and I also can’t remember the name of that wallet.
giarised

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:42:55 AM

They are all not 100% safe, so they can be hacked. But if you need a wallet that is much more safer than others, then I will recommend you choose Coinbase wallet cause it’s very safe, but still not 100%. Another wallet that is good is the Blockchain wallet. You can activate 2fa, whenever anyone tries to log in or hack into your account, they will need your approval which is a pin that will be sent to your phone. Without that pin, they are never going to get in. 😊
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:24:33 AM

Of course. they can easily be hacked if users do not know how to protect themselves from outside threat. Therefore, you need to learn how to protect yourself on the internet or you will be easily hacked and lose a lot of money. That is why the cryptocurrency require a lot of independence from the users because no one can saves you here, only yourself
If i were them then i will make a strong password for the wallet and i will not click on the things that i am not familiar with in the internet because that is one of the most common cause for the people to get hacked by the professional hackers and the hackers might stole your private information and also hack your wallets.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:11:17 PM

Yes,cryptocurrency wallets can be hacked.There are many easy ways to intrude to your computer through malware/keyloggers can steal your wallet .It is safe to store your coins in cold wallets/Physical wallets
What if you lock your home with unique key and you are thinking that this lock can never be opened with any other key expect real one. But later on, you come to know that this key has been compromised and now everything is just on stake. So never trust anything blindly. Although bitcoin is safe and secure, but try to keep your wallet private and implement best practices.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:24:30 PM

Well it could be possible because these wallets are just being made and it could be decrypted for those who are familiar with the technicalities of digital wallet. Even the  most reliable digital wallet could be hack but there are only few people could do it and there is no way for us to get into it as an average individual who only know how to operate computer then it could be hard to hack digital wallet.
It is hard to do so but not impossible. Believe me this would become so easy if you are allowing them to get your password so easily. Look there are some best practices that must be followed to make everything good and secure related to your account and bitcoin. But what if they are vulnerable and easy to attack? Then you must equip yourself with more secure and safe practices.
Yeah, since hacking is just the process anyway, so at the end, whichever way the hackers end up getting the password to your centralized account or your private key or seed, then at the end, it is still hacked. However, this is the reason why beefing up the security of one's account and trying to stay as secured as possible is highly necessary.

We obviously cannot expect to leave our accounts vulnerable and not end up getting screwed by hackers.
thecoder2017

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:46:59 AM

Yes people who have knowledge in advance technologies can do what they want including hacking wallet because thats the easiest way to have money so to avoid these things to happen better secure your wallet to avoid losing your money.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:29:03 AM

In my own opinion, cryptocurrency cannot be easily hacked because the wallets like mew or myethereumwallet is multi encrypted and the only way for you to lose your coins is by  revealing your self through phishing sites so you should always be careful on the sites you are logging in your wallet.
There are many methods to do theft and one of them is phishing. actually there are many other types. therefore you have to be
carefuly dude. even though your wallet is safe though. but if you're not careful and underestimating it can be a bad thing for you
olalaMaty

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:33:09 AM

Electronic wallet is very easy to be attacked by hackers who attack hackers who are always looking for ways to attack us they want to steal the same in our micro, you should be careful security
kobe24

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:05:36 AM

No it can't be hacked but someone can access your wallets if they have your private key or password so be careful and be careful of phishing

dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:32:52 AM

Yes its possible, i know a person whose wallet got hacked and she was really devastated, I don't know how it happen, my friend too he's wallet got hacked, he though all is well but when he see his wallet he lost everything through phishing site.. it happen if you really don't have any double security measure for your wallet.

gunungkembar

Activity: 545
Merit: 43

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:06:40 AM

if technically it should be cryptocurrency purse can not be stolen because cryptocurrency wallet has a very strong security and encryption.
@hosimanaka

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:30:28 AM

Yes, if you are not careful to get infected with hackers you will lose your account. Many people have been lost because of clicking on the hacker's code. So be careful before doing anything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: