Bitcoin Forum
August 29, 2024, 07:34:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked??  (Read 4065 times)
Wittycoin

Activity: 696
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:46:58 PM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
Cryptocurrency wallets could be hacked of course if you are careless and accidentally disclosed or revealed your password or private key to someone. Just be careful. But really cryptocurrency wallet could be hackable but it would be hard.
tazman

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:50:08 PM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:00:32 PM

Anything can be hacked, with enough effort and time, but if you take elementary precautions, the effort and time needed become too high,
So, take care of your accout, and you can stay safe.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:19:44 PM

Yes, must be admitted its truly possible., As we know, Bitcoin allows you to transfer anywhere with a very easy way and allows you to control your money. But, The great feature also comes along with high attention to security. It is important to say that there is no absolute security.
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:28:02 PM

it seems for now the security of the purse currency crypto quite safe, because I see from the past until now have never heard bad news about the wallet. all you have to do is never give a password to anyone.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:29:26 PM

Yes, it is because when everything turn online , it can be hack

So how we can protect it ?
You need to update until the newest version , is that simple. Just make sure that you're not click any suspicious link because it may contain malware !

Smiley
Yantoaja

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:38:58 PM

The wallet can never be hacked if you save access to the wallet securely. My advice should never tell anyone access to the wallet because it will cause you to be hacked.
BantiHanter

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 05:59:54 PM

Could happen, but the chances are very small in my opinion.
And I see many bounty participants who want to change their wallet address because it is hacked but I do not know the details.
venlo

Activity: 187

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:30:36 PM

Crypto currencies can only be hacked if you share your private keys of your wallets. It is always better to store crypto coins on trezor wallets and USB wallets. Paper wallets are much as the private key can be printed and can be stored safely in the users hands so there is no Chance of hacking crypto coins from paper wallets. If you are not sure of electrum wallets or neon wallets then you can transfer crypto to your paper wallets or USB wallets.
bungsoh

Activity: 237

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:53:48 PM

It's not something impossible. It could happen. There are many ways for hackers to do that. Even though I've never had a wallet I got hacked but I'm sure hacking can happen. Security is in your hands.
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:53:53 PM

yes it can when the hacker have an access to your computer and the bitcoin address and private key is in there the hacker can have complete access and commands to your wallet, or if an instance you gave it to other people completely trusting them to take care of your wallet sometimes you cannot know when will greed attacks them and turn against you due to unknown reason.
suburban123

Activity: 248
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:07:52 PM

Keep the digital currency in a cold wallet. Access to it can be done directly from the hardware device, without connecting to the internet, which eliminates the copying of data by hacker programs and reduces the risk of phishing to zero. Do not go through questionable links and put a lock on your computer to install applications from unknown sources. It is best to use a separate device to perform operations related to the storage and conversion of cryptocurrency.
kb24mvp

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:18:54 PM

I hope you're aware of the recent Electrum vulnerabilities found by theymos not that long time ago. It is the vulnerabilities that wallets have and it is not simply that it is truly hackable. It is like finding the hole in the security in every desktop wallets that are continuously being developed by the devs.
guppak

Activity: 143

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:14:02 AM

Many cases are found. Often We read on the bounty thread, the participants have reported that their wallet has been hacked. This shows that there is a reality of unsafe wallet. The security of your wallet is entirely your responsibility. Wallet and Exchange does not guarantee the security of any assets you have. No one can guarantee. The carelessness and negligence of the owner is the decisive one.
patimahsunda

Activity: 323

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:18:10 AM

Of course this can be hacked. because there is nothing safe on the internet. So keep your wallet as good as possible and do not put a private key on the internet. Make your own notebook on a piece of paper. I thought it would be safe.
BigBos

Activity: 1974
Merit: 450

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:27:42 AM

Of course this can be hacked. because there is nothing safe on the internet. So keep your wallet as good as possible and do not put a private key on the internet. Make your own notebook on a piece of paper. I thought it would be safe.
Well, I do not know, but I've lost some bitcoin in blockchain. well, maybe i am entering a phishing site so lose some bitcoin i save in few weeks. well, but it's been a long time ago, for now, I think there are still a lot of great hackers trying to stealing bitcoins, or assets we have.
Iyanu14

Activity: 795

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:37:41 AM

I am not sure if crypto wallet can be hacked, a friend told me his coin was stolen, he said he didn't expose his private key i told him it can't be true, that it is not possible, i didn't have wallet hack experience, so my answer remain no it can't be hacked.
Bit-Tech

Activity: 226

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:13:39 AM

futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:04:12 PM

In my own opinion, cryptocurrency cannot be easily hacked because the wallets like mew or myethereumwallet is multi encrypted and the only way for you to lose your coins is by  revealing your self through phishing sites so you should always be careful on the sites you are logging in your wallet.
There are many methods to do theft and one of them is phishing. actually there are many other types. therefore you have to be
carefuly dude. even though your wallet is safe though. but if you're not careful and underestimating it can be a bad thing for you
Yes there are a lot of people who are just trying best to deceive other people, using fake websites and hacking of fishing, but happens because of our own carelessness so if we will be carefully understand what the wallet is how it be uses so no such issue will occur, your wallet specially the blockchain is entirely safe but we mix up risk with it, because of we don’t secure our passwords and private keys so just be careful about it I am sure we won’t face any such issue after that.
Bitcoinpioner

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:14:45 PM

Hackers can hack your wallet if you give them an opportunity so , so you should be so careful where do you save your passwords, what wifi are you connected, and not to open any unsecured link they can be viruses all overs so you need to take care for your actions
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: