Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:47:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked??  (Read 4048 times)
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:23:56 AM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

any wallet can be hacked. especially if your computer is infected by a trojan or virus it is quite possible you to loose your cryptocurrencies. You can use hardware wallets such as trezor and ledger for a better protection.

turn the page
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:02:08 PM

Of course, wallets can be hacked - you cannot really expect the best on everything, someone will always be smarter than anyone else and easily get their way through.
Easiest way into them is through your wallet login credentials so it is important to triple check its safety and never trust anyone.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:51:03 PM

Of course, wallets can be hacked - you cannot really expect the best on everything, someone will always be smarter than anyone else and easily get their way through.
Easiest way into them is through your wallet login credentials so it is important to triple check its safety and never trust anyone.
Right, there is nothing that has never happened before and I have read some articles on how the development of quantum computers can actually create some easy ways to hacking but whichever way I am sure even the protocol of most of the cryptocurrencies must have changed so as to be able to withstand any of such hacking process.

Security is paramount in this crypto world, and that is the only way we can stay out of the hacker's vices. Always using the latest wallet version and using separate computer/laptop for wallets are few security measurements I am following right now.
shinchan123

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:54:41 PM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

Yes, it is specially if we don't know how to secure our accounts and private keys. We can't deny the fact that anything inside the internet is hackable so we must be responsible for our wallets because hackers and scammers are too wise to hack our earnings which might ruin our crypto life.
jayyen

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:58:32 PM

Well if a whole big exchange could be hacked how much more just a wallet.well there is a possibility but sometimes it has to do with a mistake from the wallet holder.If you follow a phishing email and maybe input a wallet private key,definitely you will be hacked easily.so users have to be careful about such messages.
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:10:25 PM

In my own opinion, those wallets cannot be hacked because it was multi encrypted, so those investors can guarantee that it was safe to invest on cryptocurrency.
gareng1468

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:30:29 PM

I think every computer system has got weakness and can be hacked, every day there is always technology  development, hacking is not always about software, hardware also has a weakness at some point. if system administrators are not upgrading or backing up their system a crime-breaking action can be done at any time.

MoonX      
───   http://www.moon.family/   ───
TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE
ourepts

Activity: 288

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:13:01 PM

In my opinion about the security of any system there must always be a gap to hacked. Such as exchange, crypto, and wallet has many events about the theft of important data. But we remain vigilant, now by using some sophisticated system that will make more code verification system that will go into your personal data.
Visteryy

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:39:04 PM

I think every computer system has got weakness and can be hacked, every day there is always technology  development, hacking is not always about software, hardware also has a weakness at some point. if system administrators are not upgrading or backing up their system a crime-breaking action can be done at any time.
Except for hard wallet types to keep coins difficult to attack unless you are stolen and reveal the private key of your purse, all online wallets can be hacked and stolen. So if you want to trade regularly, put coins on your wallet or wallet, and if you do not want to trade, move on your wallet to keep your coins safe.
pantheraio

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:50:10 PM

I think the 3 wallets you mentioned above can still be hacked if you do not have double security in the wallet. Because I just know the wallet you call from this thread, but if you choose a wallet that is very famous as is often in use by people maybe it will minimize you will be hacked.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:19:47 PM

Wallets have been hacked many times in past now they are more secure
But if you will download some malware or spyware than your wallet will be hacked
If you will login with pishing site wallet will be hacked same way
Sometimes people are giving away his private keys because they want to get free money
His wallets are hacked than in most easy and stupid way

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Sab11

Activity: 524

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:41:44 PM

Absolutely yes its possible to be hack someone wallets especially to those wallets whithout double security,because many hackers are desperate to earn money, better to store your cryptocurrency in offline wallet for safety, and always carefull all the time hackers spread of there.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:09:36 AM

Like any piece of software it is entirely possible the wallets have some bugs the hackers can take advantage of, but the most common scenarios are that people download a wallet with malware embedded in it and then people deposit coins in those addresses and they lose their coins, another common scenario is that people are hacked in other ways and then the hacker gets access to the private key and he steals the coins a little afterwards.
There is no system that is safe in the internet. You have a point because even the biggest companies like google, facebook and so on. They still have some bugs in their site and that is why they keep on updating their website and the codes behind their website because if the hackers can see that vulnerability then they will have a chance to get take advantage of that.
This is why we cannot completely trust on external sources to protect our devices, people rely too much on antivirus programs not realizing those programs are not prefect and in fact you can avoid most viruses by just taking some precautions like not clicking every single link that you see or opening emails from people you do not really know.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:16:27 AM

Well of course this is very hackable, which is why the creation of a hardware wallet to increase security for bitcoin you have. Over the years, more hackers use their ability to steal from us, it's back to yourself. I mean, how well you make security for the funds that are in your wallet.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:34:43 AM

Well of course this is very hackable, which is why the creation of a hardware wallet to increase security for bitcoin you have. Over the years, more hackers use their ability to steal from us, it's back to yourself. I mean, how well you make security for the funds that are in your wallet.
Hardware wallet is the best wallet that every people can use to store their cryptocurrency because if they have a hardware wallet then it will be easier for them to keep things safe and they don't need to worry for the hackers because it is not that easy for the hackers to hack your hardware wallet because in the first place, it is a physical wallet so hackers are just in online.
Acsirp

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:01:52 AM

Cryptocurrency wallets are hard to hacked, but they can be hacked ,it is because of your carelessness  because , if you can be in the phising sites and your important files are devulged and be known to hacker then your wallet can be easily hacked ,it is important to make safe of your wallet,by protecting keys and passwords of your account.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:22:32 AM

Cryptocurrency wallets are hard to hacked, but they can be hacked ,it is because of your carelessness  because , if you can be in the phising sites and your important files are devulged and be known to hacker then your wallet can be easily hacked ,it is important to make safe of your wallet,by protecting keys and passwords of your account.

You can put these private keys and passwords somewhere that you can be the only one that can see it or know it, you may memorize them, write down it in a paper and keep it, there is a lot of things that can be done. But, as long as these things are valuable, scammers and hackers will find and find a way to get them the reason security are developing and developing great securities for them but I think even if you have the most impregnable security in the world, if you do not know how to be careful, you can still be robbed or scammed.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:54:31 AM

Cryptocurrency electronic wallet can be possibly hacked if hackers have the necessary information for them to initiate such method. Like what happened to South Korea, it's largest cryptocurrency exchange was hacked and the value lost worth $42 billion causing the price of bitcoin to decrease significantly. Although the subject might be an exchange than a wallet, I believe that it is relatively easier to hack a wallet than a whole exchange.
But if we are talking about the blockchain technology itself by altering and tampering the information, it is impossible for someone to steal and to copy another bitcoin's key as the blockchain is protected by a network of computers who regularly monitors the transactions.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
AnalynCadiz

Activity: 158

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:02:39 AM

Any wallet can be hacked specially when you are careless on your private keys and passwords. Always check the safeness and security of links you are clicking to avoid being phished. You can write down your private keys and passwords on a paper and never share them.
Gaurav11kb

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:15:31 AM

Anything which is on web or online, can be hacked. Web wallets can be hacked too but chances are low. If people keep their private key/seed and password/passphrase hidden and safe then there are very low chances of getting the wallets hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: