Bitcoin Forum
June 10, 2024, 04:29:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked??  (Read 4051 times)
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:26:23 AM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
For me, yes most that are online can be hacked especially if you are not very careful about what you are doing, clicking and downloading. Our wallets have private keys, and these keys are your responsibility we all know if the security is very high or secured it can hack if you are not careful. I just want to advise that don’t login your wallet or private keys on some computer or site that you don't know especially after downloading some stuff.   Smiley
katerinaliisa

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:25:32 AM

Of course they can be hacked. All passwords and keys from exchanges and purses must necessarily be safe

AIDUS.IO ▲▼ Global Decentralized Funding Platform
• ● PRE-SALE START: 11 DEC 2018 ● • (https://aidus.io/)
Clover_Faith

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:28:41 AM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

It can be because i already experience that we i open my etherwallet my token are all gone. And i dont know who toke that my token. So that i change my ether wallet. Some my friend also experience that case.

▬▬ ● ● Papusha ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰     PAPUSHA ROCKET TECHNOLOGY ICO COOMING SOON   ▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▲▼ WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ MEDIUM  ▲▼
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:02:23 AM

Yes it can be hacked because hackers always find new ways to hack. We are required to 2FA  to avoid wallet being hacked. I will prefer to use hardware wallets like trezor to have a better experiences on using wallets. Don't use web wallets.

Thanks for the advice. It is very good to use hardware wallet. I start to use it a few months ago, and for real-time I am very happy because the percent of it can be hacked is lower.
This is one way among many to protect your online account. One has to keep the important keys like password and the gmail account secure to avoid the possible threats. Besides, the blockchain technology has made it more protected to invest in Bitcoin safely. Do not access certain website which do not have the “http” in the start for majority of them are suspicious and can break into your computer to get what they want.
Lucifers

Activity: 107
Merit: 36

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:03:50 AM

If you are deploying access to your wallet maybe it will happen. Depending on the wallet you are wearing because the security of the wallet is necessary.
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:19:30 AM

Electronic wallet is very easy to be attacked by hackers who attack hackers who are always looking for ways to attack us they want to steal the same in our micro, you should be careful security

Doing something in tins internet you must be very careful. As for me I always write my login and password on the sheet of paper and put it in the case.
Crystal24

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:51:08 AM

Yes. Cyrpto wallets are the easy targets of hackers and they are very easy to be hacked if one is careless enough to use his or private key on any website.
chamika888

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:09:19 AM

yes it has been a real problem now days.the best option is Hardware wallets are one of the safest ways to store cryptocurrency investments. They are what is known as “cold storage”. Which means it is offline and it is more secure than “hot storage” wallets (like software wallets or web wallets). Therefore, in my opinion, this is the best cryptocurrency wallet type to choose.
The hardware wallet differs from the paper wallet in that it provides built-in high security. The hardware wallet, which looks like a USB flash drive, has advanced security. This means the device cannot be accessed by people without the correct password. It helps greatly to improve security.

liivii

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:16:29 AM

If hackers want to, they will can because almost all in the internet are hackable and it will be easy to those hackers who really have the knowledge when it comes to hacking. So it's recommended to use a hard wallet so that you are the only one who can access your own wallet, but if you don't have the cash to have one then it's okay to use internet based wallet but make sure you don't share the information about your wallet.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:16:58 AM

In my own opinion, cryptocurrency can be hacked because there are a lot of people who are moaning on their wallets that is being cleaned up in the market but i think that it will be depending on how good is the security of a market.

t2yax

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:21:53 AM

One of the main problem for cryptocurrency market is hacking. It is just like one click, and all of your savings and your investments would disappear. Investing in bitcoin can provide or you can earn big or small amount of money. This could be the problem for cryptocurrency. It needs more security and safety for your own virtual money.

arianee
• • • ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ • • •
Discord
Telegram ⊐●⊏ Reddit
Twitter ⊐●⊏ Instagram
Medium ⊐●⊏ Linkedin
peter_coin

Activity: 92

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 04:41:03 PM

Everything can be hacked if the right and experienced hacker intends to hack the platform, but exchanges get hacked more often than wallets, it is quite hard to hack a wallet, most times it is only possible to hack a wallet if the attacker gets hold of the wallets private key.
theyRmose

Activity: 128

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:55:04 PM

My personal opinion on this subject is.
"impossible" to hack the wallet with the security of the blockchain system. it is the safest security system that exists today.
unless you give your personal key to someone else's wallet.
abitgelluh

Activity: 174

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:34:46 PM

of course the wallet can be hacked because the technology is getting more and more hackers who want to get the coins instantly (without having to work) and I have often heard if their wallets hacked
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:27:31 PM

One of the main problem for cryptocurrency market is hacking. It is just like one click, and all of your savings and your investments would disappear. Investing in bitcoin can provide or you can earn big or small amount of money. This could be the problem for cryptocurrency. It needs more security and safety for your own virtual money.
Hackers are all around us, and are very rampant nowadays. Security and safety should be the topmost priority to prevent from becoming a victim of scammers or hackers. It's best to use a strong random password, and not share it to anyone. We should be careful with online transaction and it's important to backup wallet to help protect against computer and human failures.
jho0810

Activity: 213

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:36:49 PM

Of course even you secured it it will be back because hackers is smart and they do anything to steal our funds. Hackers is more smartier now and know all about technology so even wè don't want to happen it will happen not only in crypto even in some platform hackers steal a information.

https://usdq.platinum.fund/
Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀  $1MLN BOUNTY POOL  ///JOIN///  ▀█
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:41:13 PM

Any wallet is vulnerable to hacks, because there are several angles of attack. A hacker might not even have to exploit the

wallet software or code. They can use the "Man in the Middle" attack strategy where they intercept the data before it is

send to the wallet or they can use a Phishing strategy where they re-direct you to their fake site or wallet software. They can

even install Malware on your computer to capture all the data that you enter to re-use it on another computer. They can steal

your seed when you create the wallet or grab your private key, when you use the wrong method to create Paper wallets for

cold storage.  Roll Eyes

Yes, it can be hack. There are a lot of reports about crypto hacking, just last month, there was a hacking incident in Korea,million of crypto were gone in a tin air, anything online is always at risk for any possible hacking. Be safe , secure crypto wallet, never leave your password to anyone.
Sama517

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 11:33:50 PM

Why not. Cryptocurrency wallets can be hacked. Several wallets have been hacked in the past. For your wallet to be hacked, it means the hacker has access to some vital information such as private keys, keystore files or passwords. This information can be gotten if you input your information unto a phishing site, or a close associate steals them from your system, or through some malware or spyware.

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
AteenaD

Activity: 208

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:30:11 AM

Absolutely! Nothing is safe nowadays. Impossible things for ordinary people like us, were always possible to hackers. Speaking from my own experience, my wallet was hacked just about 2 months ago. To think that i was very very cautious in handling my wallet and yet, a total stranger benefited from my hard earned tokens. If execrating can kill, that hacker would be dead by now.
soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:54:09 PM

Probably everything is able to be hacked, but the main problem is not in the code, or in the security system. The main problem is you'll be human. 99% of every hack that ever been performed, is because human made some mistakes before that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: