Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:23:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked??  (Read 4050 times)
Comino

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

No noise. No hustle. Quiet as whisper. Comino.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 11:43:14 AM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

If you are afraid of your wallet being hacked, get yourself a hardware to hold your keys. Ledger Nano S and Trezor are my favorite

**COMINO** 
WORLD'S FIRST LIQUID COOLED GPU MINER
200 MH/s * 30dB(A) ASUS, Noctua, Chieftech, HardwareLabs
Lexurdania

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:47:03 PM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

If you are afraid of your wallet being hacked, get yourself a hardware to hold your keys. Ledger Nano S and Trezor are my favorite

The safest way to store our bitcoin or othes coin/token is using hard wallet or cold wallet. Its more safe because need that hardware to transfer our bitcoin or altcoin. If we decide to use web wallet, we should safe our seed or private key from internet. But i do believe wallet like bitcoin core is safe and hard to hack

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
Bitcoin1216

Activity: 364

Pawsome

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:00:00 PM

Electronic wallet is very easy to be attacked by hackers who attack hackers who are always looking for ways to attack us they want to steal the same in our micro, you should be careful security

Our wallet can be hacked in my opinion, all because of the negligence of the owner, because they often change computers or use the free internet network, because if I use the 2fa code I think it's very difficult to hack our wallet

All wallets never guarantee 100% safe from being hacked, this is what makes us have to care about security, enable all security features provided and divide bitcoin into many wallets.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:20:17 PM

Everything is hackable if you will not secure all your details and specially the private key of those wallets,or if you are always entering site that is not secured and directed to phishing sites

Most of the victim of hacking are those careless and not takong care of their asset in cryptocurrency
acreed

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:31:04 PM

Everything that's connected to internet surely vulnerable to hack. But put in your mind, hack is rarely happen to people who just have a little money, the important thing is pay attention to everything you will do when it's about your wallets.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pepito Manaloto

Activity: 377
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:05:04 PM

As technology innovates, the skills of every individual improves also. Before, it was really impossible to hack someone's wallet but after years of studying, nothing is impossible anymore. If you are going to be careless with your decisions about your wallets, you may end up getting hacked and losing everything you have.

Turst1974

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:13:44 AM

Anything that is secured digitally can be hacked most especially if you are not taking good care of your account's info. There are lots of ways hackers employ to get what they want from you so you better be careful at all times. Never trust to strangers you meet online and even your family members too. Smiley
Well, I think so. even exchangers can also be stolen. well, I've found things like that several times. Of course between those complicated systems and defenses, there is always a way to steal it.
Yes that is right, there are so many cases where the whole exchanges have been hacked. So it is no doubt very much possible that cryptocurrency wallet can easy hack, I think that we need to keep our wallet safe by giving extra security to our wallets.
Vzae

Activity: 431

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:26:45 AM

Maybe yes, a technology must have a bug that can be broken instantly. and that might happen to bitcoin wallets.
But if you store correctly your personal key, I feel it's very little possible from a attack of hackers.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:03:40 AM

Anything made by, accessed and maintained by man is never infallible. The one thing hackers could use is a man stupidy by using phising websites. They could beore creative by going into people's devixes who is connected to a public network. But then again, I'm people working in the wallets have their protections and securities.

Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:47:42 AM

Maybe yes, a technology must have a bug that can be broken instantly. and that might happen to bitcoin wallets.
But if you store correctly your personal key, I feel it's very little possible from a attack of hackers.
Actually the most vulnerable point is a human holding the private key. The device is rarely the attack vector. I remember a story on this forum by a guy who wanted to get the free air-dropped coins (worth maybe a tiny fraction of his bitcoin holdings) and entered his bitcoin private keys into an attacker-provider wallet. In effect he lost all his bitcoins. Please tell me who was attacked in this case? His computer or he himself?

And that scheme repeats itself over and over - we people are where hackers usually strike, not our computers.
JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:45:57 PM

As far as we can see they are unable to hack because they were not hacked at least one still time they're existing and if there's almost 10 years from now, so you can sleep calm, and not be worried about.
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:18:33 PM

As long as we secure our private keys , hackers couldn't do anything to access our accounts and wallets. That's why it is important that we'll know how to keep our private keys safe and we should not share it to anybody. We should limit our trust to people who we don't know well. Private keys should be kept in private.
HODL_guy

Activity: 206

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:40:14 PM

Technically yes. If someone hits the right private key or a seed phrase - funds are gone. Of course it is very difficult to perform practically.

Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:13:55 PM

Anything can be hacked, if you are not careful. Pay great attention to bolstering your online security. Also, be mindful of the information you are sharing with others to prevent getting hacked.

I really agree with this, we don't underestimate the network security and hardware that we use when opening a wallet, keep your wallet safe like you take care of yourself...

airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:19:44 PM

Nothing is safe form the hands of cyber criminals as long as they see a very tiny hole in your account. They will surely breach on it and will never have any remorse of looting all the goodies you have in your wallet. So let's just be very careful because we are the ones who will be blame if our wallets are hacked, in the first place.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
bilyboy

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:38:48 PM

any wallet can be hacked. especially if your computer is infected by a trojan or virus it is quite possible you to loose your cryptocurrencies. You can use hardware wallets such as trezor and ledger for a better protection.
Daseento

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:01:34 AM

Depends on how well you guard your crypto assets. If your security and vigilance is top-notch believe no one can hack you but being careless with sensitive information like the passphrase, private keys, keystore and password would definitely make your wallet susceptible to hacking.
hildacitra

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:15:47 AM

Surely cryptocurrency can be hacked even it is potential to be hacked because in cyberspace has a greater potential to be hacked. Therefore, in some countries bitcoin has not been legalized for reasons of security and user convenience from coins theft. As long as we maintain the confidentiality of our account properly and do not provide information regarding the account to anyone, then we can minimize that potential.

napoliground

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:15:32 AM

Everything can be hacked, after it depends on if it's a cold stored wallet or how they keep their secret keys
LeavingEden

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:54:49 AM

Of course especially to those careless people. Hacker's are verey intelligent, one mistake only of the wallet owner, surely they can get it. Make sure you keep your private key in a really safe place. Just play safe and be careful always that's the most important.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: