Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:37:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked??  (Read 4053 times)
RKSummer

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:57:37 AM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

Yes, crypto currency surely can be hacked. Nowadays, hackers are very smart. They uses lots of strategies just to take advantage of your weakness. The best thing to do is not to trust anyone regarding your accounts. Keep your private key/password in a very safe place.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
Buladig

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:59:26 AM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
I think everything that humans make must have weaknesses so that the crypto wallet can be hacked, because the knowledge of hackers is very smart and sophisticated, they can hack everything related to digital ...
cherrymobile

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:01:36 AM

of course like bitcoin and ethereum if you forgot you peivate key or steald ny someone your wallet can be hacked by someone and dont click some sites that can pish your private information so think before you click some sites.
Madara_Uchiha

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:15:01 AM

Of course they can be hacked. Moreover, this has already happened and not once.
SacriFries11

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:16:44 AM

Yes online wallets or everything in online can be hack even though we have the longest password, or we keep our keys safely. Even bitcointalk.org is not safe and sometimes is try to be hacked by hackers. There are so many ways like example imitating websites having same interface but with different address.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
droptableguy2

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:38:45 AM

Nothing is safe form the hands of cyber criminals as long as they see a very tiny hole in your account. They will surely breach on it and will never have any remorse of looting all the goodies you have in your wallet. So let's just be very careful because we are the ones who will be blame if our wallets are hacked, in the first place.
They create it and they can also destroy it. Talking about the security of the wallet, it is hard to be safe. And very dangerous criminals will quickly take possession of your property quickly. So we should be careful and learn to protect them.

BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:41:00 AM

I can't answer you because I'm not a hacker. In theory, hackers can't attack any wallet, but black can steal your information. It's dangerous if it's a private key.
This sounds a bit hilarious because you look like you are dealing in Bitcoin that is why you are here and once you are dealing in Bitcoin, you should know about the hacking stuff. Anyhow, I say yes wallets could be easily hacked because everything over here in the crypto is in the form of codes and codes can easily be broken. But Blockchain has greatly reduced the risk of your wallets being hacked and it provides a very safe platform for the users to ensure their safety.
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:48:49 AM

Nothing is perfect, rest assured that there are always loopholes for hackers, they do anything so we must always be vigilant, the best and safest thing to protect assets is to divide into many wallets so that when we get a problem in one wallet then another wallet still safe.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Mairiri

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:51:07 AM

maybe. every online wallet has a security gap. if the wallet is not maintained, it will be easily hacked. so, it's good if you know that. how safe is the online wallet that you use
ngano ba

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:25:40 AM

Crypto currency wallet ,have many varieties to choose from ,but I believe all this crypto wallet are safe from the hackers, because if they can be hacked ,no crypto holders will trust this wallet anymore but they are safe enough from those hackers, the holders of this wallets should be responsible for their private keys ,because this is the safe way to keep your wallet from hackers.
NewRanger

Activity: 1582
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 07:40:48 AM

maybe. every online wallet has a security gap. if the wallet is not maintained, it will be easily hacked. so, it's good if you know that. how safe is the online wallet that you use
today saving our asset in online or offline wallet become not secure again since hackers have various technique.they are really smart to developt their skills
chidiarua

Activity: 102

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 08:11:45 AM

Security is an illusion. Nothing is 100% secure. As long as it is built to resist hacks then, it can be hacked. I have read where many online wallets get hacked. However, the new trend of building offline wallets has gone a long way to prevent hacks. It's better that way. In the end, nothing is ever truly safe.
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:08:25 PM

Electronic wallet is very easy to be attacked by hackers who attack hackers who are always looking for ways to attack us they want to steal the same in our micro, you should be careful security

Our wallet can be hacked in my opinion, all because of the negligence of the owner, because they often change computers or use the free internet network, because if I use the 2fa code I think it's very difficult to hack our wallet

All wallets never guarantee 100% safe from being hacked, this is what makes us have to care about security, enable all security features provided and divide bitcoin into many wallets.
Yeah no wallet is sure to be safe 100% but even then bitcoin wallets are much safe as compare to all other crypto currency wallets, Bitcoin has a lot of wallets as blockchain which best wallet among all and it is high in demand because no one ever heard about hacking of blockchain, so no worries now bitcoin and crypto currencies has become famous enough so hacking is now almost up to zero.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
nabinkhadka

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:20:07 PM

The famous way to hack cryptocurrencies is by phising. and there are number of occasion that the exchanges wallets are being hacked and caused serious damage. in short the crypto currencies are hackable.
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:34:07 PM

Wallets are very secure but the operative system in which they are running can be very insecure, there are people holding millions of dollars worth of coins and yet they are using a pirated operative system and install all kind of compromised programs in their machines, it is obvious that if they do that they are going to eventually lose their money to hackers.
Jose Rizal

Activity: 273

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:15:02 PM

As technology grows into modernization, the possibilities for that thing to happen also grows into a larger capability and capacity to happen which we cannot surely state that a certain crypto wallet can be safe at all because even you have secured featured system on your account, as long as there are greedy people wanting to have an access into your cryto wallet, they can make it possible since crypto or virtual money can never be safe into the hands of those greedy hackers out there so even those secured wallets can be also hacked.

Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:49:31 PM

I haven't heard that Electrum got hacked, neither Neon and Bitcoin Core. I am not saying that they won't get hack. I believe white hackers are pursuing every day to enter the system so that they will know the flaws.

AteenaD

Activity: 208

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:54:05 PM

Absolutely. And i am speaking from my own experience. I don't know how and i have no inkling that my crypto wallet will be hacked. I am so darn careful in handling it but it just did. Hackers can really turn the impossible to possible.
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:25:15 PM

Nothing is safe form the hands of cyber criminals as long as they see a very tiny hole in your account. They will surely breach on it and will never have any remorse of looting all the goodies you have in your wallet. So let's just be very careful because we are the ones who will be blame if our wallets are hacked, in the first place.
They create it and they can also destroy it. Talking about the security of the wallet, it is hard to be safe. And very dangerous criminals will quickly take possession of your property quickly. So we should be careful and learn to protect them.
Yes we are the one who is responsible for it. We must be careful on taking care of our wallet private keys. Once we give it to. Untrustworthy person there is a big possibility to be hacked. Our wallet was safe as we keep our private keys in a safe plsce as well.
7Dyoknga5

Activity: 210

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:34:40 PM

Anything that has access online can be vulnerable for hacking.

That's why they hire hackers to repeatedly hack their security and see loop holes. It is also the reason why there are several verification steps before you could create an account.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: