Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:54:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked??  (Read 4047 times)
carolynmino

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:08:02 AM

All wallets can be cracked, as strong as any security of your wallet if you give private key or you are always phishing on the web or an address asking for a wallet password to login on their web page, your wallet will be easy to hack.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kumala_abi

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:51:01 AM

Nothing is safe form the hands of cyber criminals as long as they see a very tiny hole in your account. They will surely breach on it and will never have any remorse of looting all the goodies you have in your wallet. So let's just be very careful because we are the ones who will be blame if our wallets are hacked, in the first place.
They create it and they can also destroy it. Talking about the security of the wallet, it is hard to be safe. And very dangerous criminals will quickly take possession of your property quickly. So we should be careful and learn to protect them.
Yes we are the one who is responsible for it. We must be careful on taking care of our wallet private keys. Once we give it to. Untrustworthy person there is a big possibility to be hacked. Our wallet was safe as we keep our private keys in a safe plsce as well.
back up our key in several place make it more secure.if one of this lot, we still have another back up.my experience told about this.i only back up in only one place.so i cant do nothing

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
MMS2017

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:20:48 AM

I have a wallet in trusted and private server so the hacking chances there is less as compared to others but or this you have to be careful and access your wallet from your personal devices computer and phone.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:55:45 AM

To all thinking that it is impossible to hack their super-protected cryptocurrency wallet:

Obviously, as I have stated in my earlier post, the weakest link in crypto protection is the human element.
inorumi

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:02:56 AM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
Wallets can be hacked only on one condition, if the hacker gets hold of some hole created by the owner/user of the wallet. This case is true for wallets that are truly decentralized like bitcoin. Some wallet's security feature may be so out of place that it will make the first case I pointed out to be a two-way thing, that is, even the software itself can be hacked.
ValerieBTC

Activity: 153
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:10:37 AM

Everything can be hacked, after it depends on if it's a cold stored wallet or how they keep their secret keys
Everything is possible that can be hacked but if we keep our privacy secure then there is nothing to worry about. On the other hand, if you do not take care of your wallet passkey or password then someone else will steal your wallet with all those hard earnings or precious amount. Security and insecurity are up to us if we keep everything in private mode then feel safe.
Wonder_woman

Activity: 674
Merit: 101

I am hired and not own by any Team!

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:51:34 AM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
Ofcourse it can be hacked depends on how secure you are, when you are negligent then your wallet could be hacked easily. But technically, ofcourse crypto wallets could be hacked by hacking experts.
DavidDWatkins44

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:02:26 AM

Users of wallet applications, also known as software wallets, are a type of hot wallet that uses applications to manage your wallet, which is installed on personal computers, tablets, or smartphone, are at risk of leaking information. Based on your name or phone number, hackers can steal data on your phone or even access your electronic wallet.
megatrix

Activity: 217
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:05:37 AM

Well to be perfectly honest, I think that crypto currency wallets can be hacked. With the technology that we have in this time and day, nothing is unhackable in the internet. The technology that we have are so great that it can bring us to great heights but then it can alos be used in illegal and not so good activities. We all have to be extra careful and do not provide passwords and private keys to anyone you don't trust especially on websites and emails. We are responsible in assuring that we so secure our wallets after all, the coins there are earned from your investment of not just money but also time and effort.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Zurbuchen

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:19:45 AM

To be honest, I think that this is possible specially nowadays with this kind of technology that we have. So i think we need to be careful witj our crypto wallets and lets make sure thay we have put it in a very safe area where no one can access it except you. We must also put in mind not to give away our passwords or any details regarding your crypto wallets.
DavidGBoydq232

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:21:37 AM

Install the Google Authenticator app. Google Authenticator is an account authentication application wherever you are, the only task of G-A is to provide you with a serial number that you can log in to the account of a certain website. That would be safer for your Cryptocurrency wallets
SexForCryptos

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:48:34 AM

Of course they can be hacked by any hacker to is able to intrude some keylogger in your PC + a virus able to find and copy your wallets. This is why you would want to protect your wallets with hardware wallets, like nano Ledger.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  Ico.Rasputinmansion.Com  [  ICO is L I V E ! 
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:01:46 AM

They just need viruses to get an account or a link to be clicked just to get an account . Although cryptocurrency is a great way to earn money or to be engaged in trading it also has a downfall because of fraud and scams making it negative on some people if we are going to compare it to stock market which has more security than here even many are doing hard work for this but still we need some good personal intentions as well for this all.
Airbuxf

Activity: 257
Merit: 32

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:13:46 AM

If you keep your seed, private key in a safe place and make sure you never post it anywhere publicly, you shouldn't have any reason to worry about your coins.
Akenosi

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:43:12 PM

You can only be responsible for any hacker activities on your wallets, I.e if you give out information of your wallets like the private keys to any strangers, even those managing bounties will tell you their admin will never ask you for your private key, but if you are careful with your wallets security it can't be hacked
Uyiosarugue1

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 06:46:46 PM

The listed wallets are high quality wallets and have stood the test of time so far, but there are no absolute safety as there may still be some vulnerability we may not be aware of at the moment
Uyiosarugue1

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 06:51:05 PM

To all thinking that it is impossible to hack their super-protected cryptocurrency wallet: https://en.bitcoin.it/w/images/en/8/8c/Security.png

Obviously, as I have stated in my earlier post, the weakest link in crypto protection is the human element.
Hilarious but the message is crystal clear.The most advanced , military-grade security or whatever will still fail if the human factor is ignored.For example, of what use is a hardwar wallet when the private keys are stored in your carelessly
atariguy

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:17:06 PM

do you think if it were possible, it would be so popular cryptocurrency as it is now? I do not think so. it is thanks to these properties that the crypto currency has value, since protection against hacking, repetition of transactions, cancellation, protection against double spending allows using it for various purposes
sonofliberty

Activity: 395

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:50:08 AM

It is obvious that if it would be possible then it would be a performed many times but as far as I know cryptocurrencies wallet was not hacked even once, the last case with McAfee as a confirmation.

Rastafarian

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:09:34 PM

Cryptocurrency wallets can be hacked and they are most of the time hacked as well. It is about taking caution in how you go about keeping your personal information and not making them out to the public and even close friends.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: