Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:21:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked??  (Read 4048 times)
mkhadazz

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:57:17 AM

I think this depends on how the security of the cryptocurrency wallet technology is used, because only a few cases have been hacked, because maybe it is also the negligence of the user, so you can save all the cryptocurrency you have in the safest wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:35:41 AM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
PRofessional hackers? I don't think so if they don't have the private keys that are really needed when opening an account, but there is also some crypto wallets that don't have private keys, maybe that are the wallets that can be hacked by hackers. As long as you know how to protect your private keys then we should not be going to worry about hacking our wallet.
centimentalking

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:43:42 AM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
definitely yes, but it is because of the users end not because the of the wallet perse especially if your wallet is decentralize, hacker  entry is throough emailed phising site, or crack app downloads with malware, or visiting suspicious websites etc. so you you to be very carefull.
I will prefer to use hardware wallet like ledger or nano wallet as they are cold storage's and most secure. Since they are offline wallet and no available online, no one can hack them.
domarakooth

Activity: 94
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:45:34 AM

definitely yes, but it is because of the users end not because the of the wallet perse especially if your wallet is decentralize, hacker  entry is throough emailed phising site, or crack app downloads with malware, or visiting suspicious websites etc. so you you to be very carefull.
anything can be break doesn't matter how strong your security is. We should not share our passwords with any one plus we have to use strong passwords because anyone can guess it.
inding

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:59:28 AM

Usually the wallet will not be attacked, and your mobile smart device and computer are usually attacked. They usually steal user data and passwords, but they cannot attack the wallet directly.
nealdlover

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 05:34:31 PM

In today's technology nothing is impossible. Your wallet can be hacked any time you are loopholes, careless they can take away. Hackers are very smart, I think you should stay away from unreliable links, emails and even dirty websites that you visit and choose a stable operating system. Always be careful.
ganjasmokingg

Activity: 255

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:28:21 PM

It can be hacked but it will be very difficult to hack the e-wallet. Those who are really good at it can do that, but if there are bugs, the developers will fix it soon and I think the e-wallets are quite safe to use, so you can rest assured that the damage will not be high
masterminer.tech

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 06:59:55 PM

Can it be hacked?  yes.  Can we take safe practice and make it 10000x harder for the hacker? also yes  Shocked
Btcmaeng18

Activity: 156

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:29:45 PM

Yes for sure , wallet can be hacked. Technologies right now is very amazing that we all know it can bring good and bad to us.Like everyones wallet even how much you tried to take care of it theres a possible thing that it will be hacked.All we need to do is think before you click or dont trust anyone coz you might end caught in their trap.
Yes I agree with you. It can be hacked because it is only program. But if you really taking goid care if it then it will be safe to use.
yamete kudasai

Activity: 226
Merit: 26

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:04:04 PM

No it can't be hacked if your account is fully secured and has binded with your gmail or any email accounts . Like its said in subject the best way to secure accounts is use encryption to avoid the hackers steal your informations to your accounts.
Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:15:51 PM

Yes it is, for the hackers everything is possible if you will become neglectful. Now regarding about your topic, there has been tackled or shared already that some of the members in the forum that they've became a victim of the hacker to stole their bitcoin balance to their wallet in the electrum, and sometimes in Myetherwallet also many of the communities who this wallet has been hacked then also by the hackers, maybe soem of them suddenly clicked that phishing site were it became the open door for the hacker.
alexhunter54

Activity: 186

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:20:15 PM

according  to  my  opinion  everything  that  is made  by  people  also can  be  break  by people  so  everything  is  possible  and  the  only solution  is  to keep  yourinformation  for  yourself  and do not  give more  chances to the  hackers.
camric09

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:01:09 PM

according  to  my  opinion  everything  that  is made  by  people  also can  be  break  by people  so  everything  is  possible  and  the  only solution  is  to keep  yourinformation  for  yourself  and do not  give more  chances to the  hackers.

Yes, you are right with your statement. Hackers now are really clever and can do all things over the internet. The best thing to do now is always keeps our wallet safe and secured.

│      Whitepaper      │            ▰▰▰  BITHOST  ▰▰▰            │            The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook
Btcjunpitz18

Activity: 160
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:28:42 PM

Yes it can be hacked especially when your cryptocurrency wallet is always log in (automatically saving password) or maybe you log into another computer and forget to log out. This is the common mistakes that we never think of.
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:03:08 PM

How are you guys protecting your laptops?

Example do almost all of you use a program that encrypts your hard drive where when you turn on it, it requires a password?  Thus example most of us who turn on our laptop, some of us don't even have a password.  Others might have a windows password to log in but i read that doesn't do much.

Anyone here used bitlocker?  Example even if you keep your btc in your hardware wallet for example, im sure many of you use a program like lastpass or keepass right?  But say someone stole your laptop or got access ot it... or say they got access to it and then put a trojan or whatnot on it... then you use it like nothing happened.  Well i read they could record your keystrokes for anything you go into whether lastpass, your email or bank etc.  Then say you have lot of information in lastpass... then they could basically hack every email or account you have etc... is that correct?  If so, how does one protect themselves from this if something happens to your laptop.  I think someone taking your laptop would be much worst than someone having access to it... then putting it right where it belonged right?  Because if someone takes your laptop, well even if they put a virus or trojan on it, if you don't type anything on it anymore it isn't that much harm?  Like say you have wallets on your computer with cryptocurrency but you can't put those in ledger and you keep it in wallet or exchange.  Well whether you click on a link or download something or someone has access to your laptop and install something, how do you protect yourself from all these things.  Obviously if you click on something or download something, that is on you.  But im talking about if someone does it where you do not know.  Or of course it get stolen.  But assuming your wallets are encrypted... well could they still hack your machine?

What program is best used for this/

Im guessing bitlocker because even if someone stole your laptop or has access to your laptop, well if they can't log into it, they can't do anything right?  Does anyone do this and if so, is process hard for someone who is not tech savy?  I always wanted to protect my laptop because when i turn it on... there is no password no nothing.  But my important documents... well you can't open them because i encrypt it with a program like axcrypt.   But my thinking is if someone has access to your program like lastpass or keepass, isn't that pretty much they can do whatever they want?
Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:35:10 PM

Yes.  Cryptocurrency wallets can be hacked.
The more reason why one should be very careful how passcode is stored.
I will also suggest that we should desist from clicking just any link without verifying its authenticity.
This is because hackers now hack cryptocurrency wallets using that strategy
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 05:05:21 PM

There is no cryptocurrency wallet that is not hackable. It all depends on how well you can secure your wallets by taking all known security measures so as to protect your funds.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
Osayo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 05:30:09 PM

Yes for sure. Your wallet can be hacked. So many people that have had their wallets hacked was as a result of their own carelessness or negligence. If you protect your wallet seeds or private keys, the hackers won't get you.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:41:23 PM

I think this cryptocurrency wallet will be very difficult to hack because this wallet has very high encryption, but there are a lot of cases that there are so many users who are exposed to phishing or fake webs that they give their private keys to make their assets in the wallet cryptocurrency was stolen and hacked.
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:30:07 PM

Yes, you are right with your statement. Hackers now are really clever and can do all things over the internet. The best thing to do now is always keeps our wallet safe and secured.
Hackers only hack because we give them a chance to hack our bitcoin, if we will not give them opportunity to hack our account then they will not be able to hack it, so to avoid this kind of problem, we all should use the safe bitcoin wallet and never invest in scamming site, before investing do research and use wallets specially the blockchain to save our bitcoin for long time, never share your private key with anyone.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: