Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:22:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Effect of Crypto in FIFA world cup .  (Read 639 times)
johnokeefe09 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:57:06 AM

FIFA World Cup 2018 is knocking at the door. And it is heard that during this time so many transactions will be made by cryptos. What would be the market condition on that time? What do you think??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Seetheummerallyeah

Activity: 280
Merit: 41

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:54:54 PM

Crypto has no direct relation to the world cup. You are foolish if you truly believe that the world cup directly impacts crypto prices
vgk88

Activity: 728
Merit: 130

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:56:51 AM

I do not think that holding the World Cup will affect cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies in Russia are too poorly developed. I very much doubt that there will be many places where you can pay with cryptocurrency.
oscarrsm

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:15:20 AM

You mean sports (football) betting in cryptocurrencies? Without any doubt, the number of bets during the championship will increase in both Fiat and cryptocurrency. I don't think that in a global sense it will create some kind of fluctuations in the market.
 And in my opinion, it would be important to use the technology of blockchain when selling tickets. Since it's just impossible to buy them, speculation on this is one of the biggest problems for fans.
mihelson

Activity: 149
Merit: 10

@crypto_pro01

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:50:09 AM

Hello guys. I think that during the World Cup on football the crypto currency market a bit more will go down. People will start to withdraw money for a trip to Russia and souvenirs. This will cause the fall of bitcoin and accordingly altcoins.
3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:02:53 AM

You mean sports (football) betting in cryptocurrencies? Without any doubt, the number of bets during the championship will increase in both Fiat and cryptocurrency. I don't think that in a global sense it will create some kind of fluctuations in the market.
 And in my opinion, it would be important to use the technology of blockchain when selling tickets. Since it's just impossible to buy them, speculation on this is one of the biggest problems for fans.
I am expecting a small effect on the cryptocurrency market due to the FIFA world cup, but not a major one since a small percentage of the world population utilize cryptocurrencies in these scenarios. The extreme volatility of the crypto market is the primary reason why so many people tend to avoid the crypto market, but more investors will join the market as the volatility decreases(Most likely) with time.

usmanov123

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:07:41 AM

I dont think it related directly anyhow. In Russia, there are only 2 cities: Moscow and St.Petersbourg. In others there are not a not of tech, people are very poor.
Milansilver7

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:16:15 AM

I think the world cup does not really affect the crypto, although there are some ICOs associated with the world cup, it does not affect the crypto or the world cup, Crypto will continue with the presence or absence of world cup.
mobiljonson

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 09:21:25 AM

FIFA World Cup 2018 is knocking at the door. And it is heard that during this time so many transactions will be made by cryptos. What would be the market condition on that time? What do you think??
I am very worried when the implementation of FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 Bitcoin and Altcoin coin holders around the world will sell their coins and make the price of Bitcoin and Altcoin decreased. This makes me anxious
steplaza

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:26:29 AM

someone started a similar thread some week ago...I also don't think this event impacts that much crypto space...world cup fans are a lot of people..but still a small percentage holds crypto ..
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 09:50:08 AM

Cryptocurrency doesn't have legitimate support from Russia or FIFA, although some ticket services and hotels accept cryptocurrency as payment, I think that factor is not enough to give a big impact on the crypto market
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:02:36 AM

The Russia World Cup is the most anticipated event this year. According to this article,https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2018/05/31/the-russia-world-cup-could-be-about-to-boost-the-bitcoin-price/#7103681120e6 It states that: "Bitcoin could be a boost for football fans descended on the country".
And I think it can be viable, it's football time and Crypto the market will recover from the fall of the prices of several coins including Bitcoin. I hope it is very positive for the crypto market but I do not know how much? We already know that the market is unpredictable and volatile. Let's enjoy football and Crypto, Thank you for your Post.

mikyadel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Arabic Translator

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:05:10 AM

i don't think it'll affect crypto space at all .but for some coins that are related to sport betting,we might see some increase in their value.

Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:06:18 AM

I don't think it will affect crypto that much apart from more transactions in football betting site and maybe a few projects about gambling in general. Other than that i can't see any kind of effect that world cup can bring to crypto as they don't even sponsor the world cup.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:07:46 AM

Nope. why would they make any transaction over the crypto currency when the FIFA will be opened up. Is there any kind of relationship between the two of them? I barely doubt so. As long as there is no big betting company who allows to trade the crypto currency instead of the fiat betting then we can say that there is chance of that happening. But as such FIFA and BTC have go toe intermediate reaction where people will love to buy more crypto currency for their own benefits. Thats just out of the box thinking and doesn't mean anything really. May be no, nothing will impact the BTC price during that period and not the FIFA for sure.
tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:12:30 AM

I hardly can’t connect both events in one increasing opportunities. Fifa as controversial as it is, for some big scandals from officials and slow demands of cryptocurrency this days. It can be a good chance if ever their will be some miracles about it’s popularity in the crowd and fans of this league. There might be glimpsed of possibility, but nothing seems extraordinary.

HODL
Anton1105

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 10:15:35 AM

It is possible that the market of cryptocurrencies will begin to grow during the World Cup, this can be evidenced by the fact that payment in the cryptocurrency began to take the hotel in Kaliningrad. In addition, some travel agents, as well as a network of Russian bars, announced readiness to conduct calculations in bitcoins.
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:17:18 AM

Cryptos markets will have a boast as far as FIFA world cup is consigned and thank God Russia is a Cryptos friendly nation thus a lot of transactions involving Cryptos will take place during and after the tournament invariably will result to increase in the price of Cryptos like btc, ETH e.t.c.
Yara1996

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:18:43 AM

I think it is very good, because more transactions mean that new people will be interested in this and will saturate the market with their purchases!

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:19:30 AM

Considering the fact that Russia ranks among the top five in per-capita Bitcoin usage, I am very hopeful of the crypto usage during the 2018 FIFA World Cup. And this will resolve the issue of having to deal with an unstable currency such as the Russian Ruble.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: