Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:48:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for bounties and airdrops  (Read 3222 times)
george_hured

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:30:29 AM

The procedure of KYC today does not cause negative emotions for those who passed it, but those who still do not want to go through it, this procedure can cause the refusal of crypto currency, because in this way the complete privacy of your personal life is violated.
Donationcoin

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:33:41 AM

I have never encountered the AirDrop with the KYC requieremnts, so I have been asked to pass  the kyc in one bounty campaign that I participated in, and everything done good.
katherinekamik27

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:00:23 PM

The purpose of KYC is good for the smoothness and honesty of participants in following the bounty. However, many refuse to use the transaction with KYC, because the system is considered burdensome and takes a long time for all its preparations.
ordeath

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:22:20 PM

I have passed kyc only once, but I am still waiting for the tokens from the Bounty, so I can't say was it successful or not. Anyway this process makes me aware.
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 09:31:38 PM

I would never join a airdrop or bounty campaign where kyc requires. For icos it´s ok but not for airdrop or bounty.
In my opinion is this not necessary, I think they want collecting user informations and maybe do some bad things with that.
Or what´s the reason why they want kyc? So be carefully!
The reason icos ask for your information has to do with the new regulations that governments have imposed on them but as far as I know there are still some jurisdictions where icos do not need to ask that information from their clients, so it is possible we are going to see from now on a migration from many icos to those countries and I also think that it could be a way to market your ico, while everyone needs you to go through KYC a new and good coin can say they do not need that information out of you and get more investments that way.
diepvien98712

Activity: 111

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:47:17 AM

I do not understand why the KUS is necessary for participants in airdrops and bounty. It seems to me that this procedure should only concern investors of large projects and no one else.
jjeeppeerrxx

Merit: 38

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:59:14 AM

Did you ever pass KYC for an airdrop token? I am strictly avoiding that, because the amounts to be airdropped are mostly too low. Or did some of you already pass KYC for an airdrop that was worth it?

No I don't do KYC for airdrops only on bounties with good project. It's almost a waste of time doing KYC for unsure projects especially the process is not easy like doing a selfie holding ID's and etc which take some time. I rather do the bounties work not to waste time doing KYC for airdrops.

Also agree to the comments of other members who said its very risky to submmit our information they might use it for their own purposes and bad intentions.
Cloud_miner

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:03:39 AM

I do not understand why the KUS is necessary for participants in airdrops and bounty. It seems to me that this procedure should only concern investors of large projects and no one else.
In fact, this procedure is not needed. It seems to me that such demands are advanced because they want to collect the passport data of all who are at this forum. I have no other explanation for this.
Roboixcent

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 03:25:04 PM

unfortunately, regulation requires these controls. The sec is very strict about these things.
however I see nothing wrong with doing kyc, what problems can you have?
Tyler2446

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:49:28 AM

I am not fond of KYC i hate it coz the forum designs to be more on decentralization. I use to join several bounties and airdrop but not on KYC. i Don't wanna give my information on public.
Donationcoin

Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:14:23 PM

Did you ever pass KYC for an airdrop token? I am strictly avoiding that, because the amounts to be airdropped are mostly too low. Or did some of you already pass KYC for an airdrop that was worth it?

I can agree with you and also I am strictly avoiding that, also because the amount to be dropped or mostly too low to pass my documents for seeing by third person..
RAMZA

Activity: 205

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:15:46 PM

I do not want to share my personal information with strangers. I think this is wrong...
Lionheart001

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:20:37 PM

I think making KYC a requirement for airdrops and bounties is quite out of place. So because of $2 worth of airdrop I should sell my identity to you. Fraudsters are taking over the space, stealing sensitive information from the people under the guise of KYC for airdrops. I think it should be discouraged
saadat6868

Activity: 179

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:03:52 PM

I hate to say that, but this is one of the things because of which I am not attending to an AirDrop or Bounty, which could be good without the KYC process.
tomboi

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:06:17 PM

KYC for airdrops? not yet and I don't want to do it. KYC for bounties? Yes I did ever, once. I followed a bounty program and after the end of ICO, they obligate all bounty participants to require the KYC. Well, we had no choice. then, I sent my document for completing the KYC and fortunately, I got my tokens.
camillesalazar00

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:08:32 PM

I try to avoid any that ask for KYC, don't want to be sending my ID to random little startups.
niacar

Activity: 85
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:09:13 PM

It was a coincidence that I also participated in an airdrop that required KYC yesterday. I think this may be promoted in the future, but they must increase the number of airdrop awards. This can limit multiple accounts, but it reduces people's choices and options, so they must pay a bit.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Last follen star

Activity: 210
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:11:49 PM

KYC in bounty and airdrop is not good and takes a lot of time, but it helps to reduce the number of multi-accounts that reduce payments for honest participants, in such cases it's good.
capoklhok

Activity: 163

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:14:59 PM

according to me It should not need us to do KYC for gifts and airdrop, but we do not have the power to stop kyc requirements but if only for airdrop and for only 10 USD I prefer to sleep rather than sending my personal data for that amount.
MeongElek

Activity: 418

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:16:42 PM

I know that KYC is only for bounty participants, in addition to the investors. So I have not seen KYC used for airdrop participants. And not all bounty participants have to use KYC, all depends on the rules of the bounty program.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: