Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:02:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31407 times)
Perfect35 (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:31:35 PM
Merited by tk808 (7), Bonwin (2)

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 05:32:14 PM

I use several wallets. I save the basic funds on the hardware wallet. to enter the reserve I use metamask. I plan to buy a separate laptop for offline transactions
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:36:57 PM

People who cant afford a hardware wallet, the best thing they can do is to store there private keys on a piece of paper. Just take a print out on a paper of your paper wallet and dont store it anywhere online.

Not even on  a notepad file on your computer.

Now, other suggestions I can give is that if you are technically sound, move from windows to linux or mac, it reduces your chances of getting infected with a malware by a big margin.

Eventually, when you can go and buy a hardware wallet, its worth every penny.
kutangterbang

Activity: 518
Merit: 134

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:38:05 PM

You can use the offline wallet that we know by the name of ledger nano, with it you can safely store all your assets offline, provided you can not remove it, or destroy it, because if it happens then all your digital assets will vanish. But the positive part you will be much safer than hacker attacks
ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 05:48:29 PM

Buy Your Own Ledger, use Hardware Wallet.
Aware and Avoid Phising Link, and protect your private key. I guarantee your wallet are safe.

N-gen

Activity: 289

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:52:20 PM

Avoid phishing sites and everything that promises more profit, because it can be sure that something that promises better then it is a big lie, you can also use the ledger wallet, wallet offline that can be integrated with mew or metamask
HotHot143

Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:54:37 PM

Using metamask if to protect your wallet. Avoid using your private key just to open your wallet, instead use metamask import your wallet their and then use it when you want to open your wallet and also it can detect the website if it is phishing or not. Avoid also opening those links you don't know to avoid malware in your computer or mobile phones. Be careful always goodluck.
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:33:00 PM

It is not hard to protect your wallet from hackers you just need to know what is the do's and dont's also dont always enter private key without check the proper site or url. And it is much better to write your private key to a paper than storing it to your computer to avoid any problems.
MilesEldwin

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:53:20 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
I think you could try these wallets:-

MEW
TREZOR
Ledger

It is easy to use and it' save the coins for the hacker. You can use easily these wallets is offline.
patykuprova

Activity: 364

Creative & digital marketing agency

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 06:57:14 PM

Hi guy, We have several ways to secure our wallet! With Mew i recommend user use the metamask, you can learn about metamask here https://metamask.io, it is free and safe!

I have finished kyc but not get token yet. Telegram @BeansreaL
My Erc-20 address: 0xe3e21e290544471facac5b9fb51127b1a0725710
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:57:24 PM

I think protecting your wallet from hackers is solely your own responsibility, you can do that by keeping your password and private key at a safe and secure place so no one else can access them.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:57:52 PM

In addition, that it should be several addresses, the use of Metamask, other, you should try to provide as much information about yourself as possible in social networks, email. It's very good to use a computer or other device for crypto only.

Jassi.21jaspreet
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:59:32 PM

If you cant afford hardware wallet i would suggest you to keep minimum fund in your mew also unlock your wallet with json file and password . Do not use the pvt key to unlock your wallet.
Matdog
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:07:05 PM

In addition, that it should be several addresses, the use of Metamask, other, you should try to provide as much information about yourself as possible in social networks, email. It's very good to use a computer or other device for crypto only.
very easy, you just need to save your wallet site, by way of bookmark the address of the site,
guaranteed safe is 99% Cheesy your money is safe.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:12:59 PM

You just need to use common sense and keep your wallets on separate OS or PC and never use that OS for general browsing purposes or work related purpose. Use that OS/PC for just crypto wallets and transactions. Also never download new wallets as they could be malwares, only download from trusted sources and the official websites.
Encelad

Merit: 106

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:15:33 PM

This is really very useful advice. I have long been using several wallets to store my tokens. I also try to keep my keys on paper. A small number of tokens can also be kept on various exchanges.
cryptofirm

Activity: 1039
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:18:07 PM

if you can't buy a hardware wallet, just download a desktop wallet for each cryptocurrenies in you bag
i think its safer than others wallet, but, you must always back up your wallet my friend

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Idrix1

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:22:03 PM

Wow,  all the information here are useful,  the best prevention is keeping your keys offline and prevent login your keys on decentralized exchange, always try creating new wallets on decentralized exchange
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:24:25 PM

The most secure way if you can't get a hardware wallet, is to write your private key on a piece of paper.
I personally use mostly ledger.

trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:25:29 PM

I think not exposing the wallet address to anyone is not an option. As it is very important link to send and receive the crypto coins through it then it becomes mandatory to at least share the public address with anyone with whom we are taking the translations. Consider that we are getting involved in the bounty programs then everywhere we have to send our ether address to receive those bounty tokens. Thus we are already sending it towards most of the public channels. So thats not an option at all. We need a middle way where we should be looking after the saving of our private keys securely and also looking after the websites SSL certificates.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: