Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:56:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】【RYO】【Cryptonight-GPU】 RyoCurrency - Privacy for everyone  (Read 38760 times)
margoslend

Activity: 396
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:53:32 PM

interesting news. well it is clear that from the wallet you can either Sumokoin to apply and get either a new coin go, and how it would look if the coins have been in trade, and now frozen? You ask for patience from us until the exchangers to which we are accustomed will not be adjusted, but I'm not sure that the new miners will not contribute to the fall of the RYO rate.
montas101

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:43:50 PM

I just want to know why all the exchanges have the RYO wallet in maintence......what's goin on ?
mosu_forge

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:09:03 PM

I just want to know why all the exchanges have the RYO wallet in maintence......what's goin on ?

It is because of the attacks on sumo, ryo, ombre, saronite, etc. Although double spends did not occur, it is possible that the attacker could have sent coins to the exchanges right before the chain re-org they caused. Purely precautionary until we upgrade the codebase to remove the vulnerability inherited from Sumo.
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:42:48 PM

Welcome to the one true visdude.    Shocked

I left a note for Mosu that there were some GUI questions on the ANN post.

Thanks for the welcome mat. I'm not sure why I was mistaken for being you or vice versa but it was amusing nevertheless. Undecided

Thanks for passing it on.

visdude
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:40:47 PM

I kinda understand a bit about the bug that brought about the Wally Point One release but is there way to keep a "benign" display of the current block height and retain the "current synced block / current block height " display format on the GUI progress bar? It's a very useful/convenient info to have. And speaking of the progress bar (and a few other buttons) on the GUI, white text against a yellow/orange background does not provide good contrast and is therefore not conducive to aging eyes. It kinda defeats the purpose of having a dark mode/theme feature. Black text should do it.

Also, when the dust settles, will cold wallet/view-only wallet/offline signing feature (à la Monero GUI or Armory) eventually be implemented? It would make our hodls much more secure.

Hey Visdude, absolutely I will bring back the top block number into the progress bar, and I agree it's very useful for showing how much of the blockchain you've synced. Once we have our proper release, and nodes aren't seeing block candidates from the sumo network (right now the ryo daemon sees them, but will never sync them) then I can re-introduce that feature. Right now though it doesn't make sense and it would only cause confusion with people seeing a block much higher than what the ryo network is at, and thinking they are never synced.

As far as your other suggestions regarding the colors, etc. they are very good points. In general I will rework a lot of the colors and hit on styling issues I missed (dark wallet was initially planned to release later, but we had to get the GUI out the door asap). For example, I'm not a fan of incoming transactions being green and outgoing being red, to me that signifies successful vs failed transactions.

In general I've got tons of new features planned for the GUI wallet, making a view key only wallet is a good idea as well.

Thank you for the reply. I am very aware that the Team has certain priorities and currently has a lot on its plate in order to iron out the wrinkles and allow RYO to distance itself for good from its horrible roots/origin. Hence I specifically stated, "when the dust settles". I post my thoughts while they're still fresh in my mind (before I forget them) and are not meant to be requests/demands/impositions with immediacy. I try to be involved/cooperative by sharing my experiences/observations but ultimately, it's up to the Team to decide what to do with such information. I merely report them. Hopefully, it would result in a more elegant GUI experience especially for less tech-savvy users like me.

In fact, I already have a few observations/issues with the current GUI release (Point Two). I will enumerate them on here once I am able to verify (reproduce) them and organize my thoughts.

Nostradamus411
Copper Member

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:25:53 AM

... I'm not sure why I was mistaken for being you or vice versa but it was amusing nevertheless. Undecided

This reddit thread seemed to be the genesis of Sumogr's obsession with the idea that I was you.   Roll Eyes  Interestingly further down I see that Niels was also complaining about the shutup or fork it yourself tactics, more warning signals I let slide foolishly.

I guess when your project is full of sock puppet team members you see sock puppets elsewhere, it was a clear sign I overlooked.   Angry

nakashu

Activity: 175
Merit: 11

"Decentralization is religion"

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:34:44 AM

Dear RYO team,

I was a supporter of sumo for long time but in the light of recent event I was forced to tell them to sodomite them self.. Complete circus produced by a greedy person with Dissociative identity disorder..

I strongly believe that the expertise that the current team has will make RYO a great privacy coin. Hopefully you can set it free from the shitty heritage asap.

Looking forward for updates. Keep it up!

@visdude: over the time I was following sumo, I have had a lot of laughs reading your posts.. I did not put much weight to your words and I have to admit now that YOU WERE RIGHT!
Promitestake

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:43:09 AM

hi all im a noobish miner and am having trouble compiling xmr-stak is someone here familiar with it.
mosu_forge

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:08:36 PM

Thank you for the reply. I am very aware that the Team has certain priorities and currently has a lot on its plate in order to iron out the wrinkles and allow RYO to distance itself for good from its horrible roots/origin. Hence I specifically stated, "when the dust settles". I post my thoughts while they're still fresh in my mind (before I forget them) and are not meant to be requests/demands/impositions with immediacy. I try to be involved/cooperative by sharing my experiences/observations but ultimately, it's up to the Team to decide what to do with such information. I merely report them. Hopefully, it would result in a more elegant GUI experience especially for less tech-savvy users like me.

In fact, I already have a few observations/issues with the current GUI release (Point Two). I will enumerate them on here once I am able to verify (reproduce) them and organize my thoughts.

Of course, when the dust settles we will be able to start moving rapidly  Grin

I appreciate all feedback, and I don't feel as if you're being demanding in the slightest. Please list out any and all features/bugs you want to see implemented!
visdude
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:42:45 PM

... I'm not sure why I was mistaken for being you or vice versa but it was amusing nevertheless. Undecided

This reddit thread seemed to be the genesis of Sumogr's obsession with the idea that I was you.   Roll Eyes  Interestingly further down I see that Niels was also complaining about the shutup or fork it yourself tactics, more warning signals I let slide foolishly.

I guess when your project is full of sock puppet team members you see sock puppets elsewhere, it was a clear sign I overlooked.   Angry

Stalker material. Grin

Amusing. Thanks for sharing.

visdude
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:35:31 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 07:20:45 PM by visdude

A few more observations/thoughts on Wally Point Two:

[1] Attempted to move contents of restored wallets (with Sumo seeds) to a native RYO wallet (freshly created) using "All Coins" but I got "tranx too large" or something to that effect. I had to break the contents of the wallets down to smaller pieces to complete the transfers. Doesn't RYO have dynamic/adaptive block size? What exactly happened under the hood on this one?

[2] After each tranx, there is always a difference of a few coins between the new total wallet balance and the unlocked balance that eventually evens out after a long while. I assume that this difference represents a change coming back to the wallet. Does a change need a certain number of confirmations too? If so, how many and why? It's just a change. Should be instantaneous, no? And while I'm at it, how many confirmations until a tranx (not change) becomes unlocked?

[3] No user-defined wallet file names/IDs. Wallet creation automatically generates a string of alphanumeric characters for the wallet file names. Most users maintain more than one wallet and such naming method/scheme makes it difficult to identify/determine which wallet is which.

[4] There is no elegant way of opening a particular wallet or switching to a different one (perhaps there is one and I'm just missing it). My jury-rig/ghetto method of doing so is through "Import" but that presents a problem in itself and exacerbates the confusion thereby making wallet management even more complicated because the process would create another set of wallet files with a different set of auto-generated file names.

[5] No user-defined database directory/location. No need for elaboration. The users should be unanimous on this one.

Edit: "unanimous"...not anonymous (damn autocorrect) Grin

Edit: [6] Sending still requires password.

mycoalm

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:17:18 AM

hi all im a noobish miner and am having trouble compiling xmr-stak is someone here familiar with it.

I think Son Of A Tech does a video on you tube with xmr stak for windows

Skyzer0

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:45:06 AM

someone else mining at hashvault pro? always felt like their rewards were off by quite alot too.

and there is no other pool that beats it, most pools cant see worker name besides that and rocks which requires u to use w= to identify but it starts banning IP adresses and so does all the other pools besides hashvault and after unbanning ur ip adress it re bans it the next day despite being the same IP

need some better pools up.
annapotpot

Activity: 330
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:23:59 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2018, 06:55:29 AM by annapotpot

someone else mining at hashvault pro? always felt like their rewards were off by quite alot too.

and there is no other pool that beats it, most pools cant see worker name besides that and rocks which requires u to use w= to identify but it starts banning IP adresses and so does all the other pools besides hashvault and after unbanning ur ip adress it re bans it the next day despite being the same IP

Have you tried our pool https://ryo.leafpool.com/ It supports worker name and displays your hashrate clearly on your dashboard. Our banning configuration is also easier on miners versus the default banning configuration that other pool uses.

BTW you said we are spamming this thread but if you check my posts here I only posted our pool twice before this and both of them are 4 days apart so I dont think that is spamming. 
Skyzer0

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:36:34 PM

Have you tried our pool https://ryo.leafpool.com/ It supports worker name and displays your hashrate clearly on your dashboard. Our banning configuration is also easier on miners versus the default banning configuration that other pool uses.

BTW you said we are spamming this thread but if you check my posts here I only posted our pool twice before this and both of them are 4 days apart so I dont think that is spamming. 

its an US pool or so, im in EU and i have well over 100 ping to that site,  rocks, hashvault and main pool all has from 30 to 50 ping and for cryptonight heavy and job changes this actually matters ALOT compared to ethash coins
montas101

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:45:03 AM

It is because of the attacks on sumo, ryo, ombre, saronite, etc. Although double spends did not occur, it is possible that the attacker could have sent coins to the exchanges right before the chain re-org they caused. Purely precautionary until we upgrade the codebase to remove the vulnerability inherited from Sumo.

so i have to wait wen it will be fix.......Huh?
Did any of the devs think off us the Miners and the future of this coin ?
i think RYO team made to many mistakes.
thxminer

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:55:12 AM

I don't think that RYO has made any mistakes. I've been following this SUMO-RYO war from the very beginning and, although I don't think that all people in SUMO were deliberately doing things wrong, many did. You don't have to take my word, just read for yourself their respective reddits and it's all crystal clear. There have been some people hiding information, even after being pointed out that flaws existed, and other people that have brought it to light. People that are trying to build an heterogeneous distributed network, and people wishing to concentrate mining on a few powerful bunch. Some people that decide to fork without leaving time to achieve a consensus about it, and others that are forced to fork to escape from an all-ASIC network.

To me, that fireice_UK and psychocrypt landed on RYO is the best thing that could have happened, we'll see what time brings but I have high expectations Cheesy !

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
xr5248

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:46:14 AM

Mistakes were made by both sides, and although I have been trying to stay as neutral as possible, it's becoming more and more difficult to do so. The other team has done and keeps doing some incredibly shady sh!t. Apart from the whole premine thing, which is not such a big deal for me as a small bag holder, I can't put my trust again in the words of a developer blatantly lied about the existence of the other developers of the project that turned out to be sock puppets/ghosts and after he was called out he immediately deleted his social media accounts (Twitter). That reminds me of what ICO scammers do when they're preparing to exit scam. Not saying he's a scammer, not saying he isn't either. And to make things even shadier, he's in almost complete radio silence mode since that premine fiasco got exposed. The nail in the coffin was reusing tainted public figures - which I won't name and shame, everyone knows who they are. When something is tainted, you don't use it again, you use something brand new. Not to mention their dictatorship-like moderation style in all their channels: you don't agree with us and worship us, you're one of the others, you're banned.

That doesn't mean that I blindly trust team Ryo as well, they will have to prove themselves but unlike the other team they aren't tainted. And no I have no reason to trust or distrust fireice_uk. Don't know him in person, don't care to know him either. I'll judge him by his actions and the work he produces. Not by what he says or by what other people say about him. He's certainly set the bar high though.

Now to the actual Ryo stuff, I read somewhere, maybe it was here or on TG about the weaknesses of RingCT being exploited in the not so distant future or something like that. I lack the knowledge to comprehend the nature and function and inner workings of RingCT, but I hope it's somewhere in your roadmap to keep anonymity intact at all costs. Lately with all the blockchain analysis that's been happening, I think that coins with non-transparent blockchains will be on the rise. Before the split sumo was my go to anon coin, I want to be sure I can expect the same privacy and more with Ryo.

As for Craptopia that many people keep complaining about, they just keep getting worse and worse, being consistently inconsistent as always, saying they'll do something on date x and not delivering. Glad I got my sh!t out of that poor excuse of an exchange long ago, I feel bad for those who have lots of coins locked up in there.

Cheers and keep on developing.
annapotpot

Activity: 330

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:08:45 AM

its an US pool or so, im in EU and i have well over 100 ping to that site,  rocks, hashvault and main pool all has from 30 to 50 ping and for cryptonight heavy and job changes this actually matters ALOT compared to ethash coins
We have an EU server: ryo-eu.leafpool.com:7799

Can you list the mistakes that they made? Its not their fault if someone attacks the network. They should have used a better DAA but then it was an emergency release. Just mine RYO now while the diff is low once the development continues and new features are added RYO will overtake other coins.
tohong

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Lick me

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:46:29 AM

I dont try to spam but I am in Philippines, a part of Asia, which pool is suitable for my position? In which it has the high hashrate? Thank in advance.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: