Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:48:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】【RYO】【Cryptonight-GPU】 RyoCurrency - Privacy for everyone  (Read 38745 times)
RyoCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 195
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2020, 08:38:38 PM

[UPDATE][M] Ryo Currency 0.5.0.0 "Fermi Paradox"
[M] - Mandatory. The update contains security fixes or contains fork update (wallet will stop working after some height reach).

Meet Ryo Currency 0.5.0.0 update - Fermi Paradox. In this update we will discuss 3 updates and do one announcement in the source code, 2 of them will be the first among any Cryptonote projects:

• Wallet Scan speedup thanks to ECC and multi-threading library.
      Increased wallet scan speed when processing blockchain. New Elliptic Curve Cryptography library combined with implemented multi-threading that ustilises user's CPU results in reduced block verification up to 5x times compared with previous modes.
    • Plateau emission curve.
      Ryo's block reward changes every 6-months following a "Plateau Curve" distribution model. The modification of emission curve was initiated and debated with Ryo community. The following fork will finalise and implement that change.
      Notice: the difference between previous and this model will take effect at block height 394470.
      Read more about Ryo plateau emission curve
    • Various code edits, refactoring and minor fixes.
      There are multiple code fixes and edits that could be considered minor when looked in particular, but when looked in general - result in more than 35.000 lines of code being changed making core code more clean, optimised and bugfixed.
      Check Ryo Github repository

Research and studies of Ryo Dev team showed that current ring signature technology as it is - is obsolete and has too many flaws to be considered as a means for reaching the goal of the second level of of privacy. Therefore we will be replacing ring signatures with second generation ZK-proofs technology in observable future and temporarily downgrade privacy level to 1.

In general, you can consider privacy levels like that:

• level 0 - everyone can look into your wallet and know your transactions (BTC level)
    • level 1 - nobody can see inside of your wallet, but each note has a serial number (yes, this is real life money level and in CN coins is implemented using stealth addresses)
    • level 2 - notes you have don't have a serial number to a guy that gave you one, and no-one can't know if you spent it later (In CN coins it is implemented using ring signatures - which are the failing ones)

What we are saying is over the past year or two, researches stripped ring signatures of their privacy properties so much, that we think it is no longer fair to say that we (or Monero, which is even worse since it has even smaller ring size compared to Ryo) or any other CN project that uses it - meet the level 2 of privacy.

So, summarising in non-tech words what does it mean - when you are doing a transaction and want to imagine how it looks like in system:
    • bitcoin - "I spent output 10, worth 1 BTC and output 22, worth 0.5 BTC"
    • ring signature (current CN coins) - "I spent output 10, 14, 18 or 20, and output 16, 18, 19, or 22"
    • zk-proof - "I spent something."
    Fork is scheduled on block 362000: you can check fork countdown on Ryo Currency website
    Please update your wallets before this block, or your previous wallet will stop synchronising after the block 362000:
    • Ryo Wallet Atom: download latest Atom installer when annouced update to version 1.5.0, start it and perform reinstall.
    • Ryo cli binaries: download or compile from source updated binaries from Github version 0.5.0.0 and unzip it, and place your wallet key files in new folder.
    • Pool owners and exchanges are notified about updating their nodes to the latest version before the fork.

Questions you might have regarding the fork:
    - What will happen with mining algorithm - will it change or what does "fork" mean - coin is split on 2?
    No, "fork" basically means major code update that is being activated on a specified block height. There will be no mining algorithm change or chainsplit.

- Ryo roadmap indicates that you had in plans reaching 100x ring sizes. In light of future introduction of ZK-proofs does it mean that this is not aplicable?
    Yes, we eventually will be replacing ring signature technology on ZK-proofs, which is more fundamental change than trying to "beat dead horse" with ring signatures.

- What about atomic swaps? Ryo roadmap indicates it being planned, is it still possible with introducing ZK-proofs?
    Yes it is! And we aim to implement this feature after all necessary updates in core code. It is important to have everything implemented and tested before adding that feature.

- What is a ZK-proof?
    ZK stands for zero-knowledge. In cryptography, a zero-knowledge proof is a method by which one party (the prover) can prove to another party (the verifier) that they know a value x, without conveying any information apart from the fact that they know the value xYou can read more about zero-knowledge proof (with real life examples) here.

- Will blockchain grow faster (what about tx size) when moving to ZK-proofs?
    Overall, transactions and blocks using ZK-proofs will be even smaller in size than pre-fork ring signatures with bulletproofs! Plus it enables transactions to be aggregated together - this is obviously a major scalability gain for Ryo Currency.

- I heard or as far I understand that ZK-proofs are somewhat less private? Does it mean that you are not privacy-oriented project anymore?
    No, in short - we decided to do this change to second gen. ZK-proofs, because ring signatures as is are too weak on providing enough for us default level of privacy and overall are considered now as an obsolete technology. So we don't want to say that we have a privacy level of 2, when research shows that it is not.

- Ok, after 0.5.0.0 fork - will we be using uniform payment ID-s to do transactions on exchanges?
    Yes. There are no changes regarding usage of payment ID-s and integrated addresses. We will be still using ring signatures, but also are announcing our goal on moving to ZK-proofs.

- What else is there in plans/ideas you have in development of Ryo?
    Besides all plans and development ongoing with Ryo (wallets, infrastructure, core code and researches) we also developed and improve Mining platform RagerX. It is a all-in-one mining platform that unites a miner, pplns pool, OS, GUI flasher utillity, pool frontend and has advanced social features as well as 2 level affiliate program. In observable future we will add Cryptonight-GPU mining possibillity.We are implementing RagerX so people can mine CPU coins and Ryo simultaneously. Which means more eyes on Ryo, especially from fresh members.

- Are the ring signature issues that have been discovered are applicable to other ring signature based coins like Monero?
    Yes.

EscTel

Activity: 36
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    February 26, 2020, 04:32:05 PM

Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions

Private
    Ryo was conceived with the highest levels of privacy in mind. From day one, Ring Confidential Transactions (RingCT) with minimum ringsize of 25 were implemented to conceal every transaction. Ryo Blockchain analysis is impractical. Have piece of mind knowing that what you choose to do with your money is your business, not anyone else's.

ASIC-proof and developing
    The Ryo implements Cryptonight-GPU ASIC/FPGA/BOTNET Resistant algorythm. Ryo, as a fork from Monero which itself was initially based on the CryptoNote protocol, inherits all whitepapers and academic studies from CryptoNote and Monero Research Lab. Additionally, Ryo has pioneered technologies such as: Uniform payment IDs / CN-Heavy / CN-GPU / Wallet GUI SOLO mining.

Untraceable
    As privacy is the core foundation of Ryo, sending and receiving addresses are encrypted and transaction amounts are obfuscated by default. Disposable ghost addresses conceal your real Ryo address from senders, allowing for truly anonymous and untraceable transactions. Our uniform payment ID system, makes transactions that use payment ID-s untraceable and hides the very fact that you use ID-s.

Decentralized
    Ryo follows Satoshi Nakamoto's vision of decentralized, trustless cryptocurrency, i.e. a secure digital cash operated by a network of users. Transactions are confirmed by distributed consensus, and then recorded on the blockchain immutably. Third-parties do not need to be trusted to keep your Ryo safe.

Fungible
    Ryo is truly fungible because of its built-in privacy features. Just like cash, nobody knows who had possesion of any particluar coin before them. Even better than cash, nobody knows the identity of who they're sending their coins to. It is extremely unlikely that Ryo will ever be blacklisted by any third party due to any association in prior transactions.

Anonymous
    Ryo allows you to use a new ghost address for every transaction you receive. Never receive coins with the same address twice, even further reducing the astronomically tiny chance of you and your transactions to be traced.

I think all these are already available in bitcoin. This is not something new. You can't have success unless you bring something new like addressing problems already faced by blockchain/cryptocurrency.
    RyoCurrency (OP)
    Copper Member

View Profile WWW
    February 27, 2020, 09:54:20 AM

I think all these are already available in bitcoin.
    GPU mining, asic/fpga resistance, pprivacy be default and 12-month emission curve etc

1/10 score troll attempt xD
    RyoCurrency (OP)
    Copper Member

View Profile WWW
    March 02, 2020, 05:48:31 PM

Ryo Wallet 1.4.0-0.5.0.1 (Daemon update for upcoming fork)
    Current release: Atom v1.4.0
    Daemon version: 'Fermi Paradox' 0.5.0.1
    Ryo Wallet Atom 1.4.0 updates Ryo Wallet with the latest daemon in preparation for the hardfork.
    Ryo Wallet 1.4.0-0.5.0.1
    RyoCurrency (OP)
    Copper Member

View Profile WWW
    March 03, 2020, 09:38:54 AM

[Reminder] If you haven't yet updated your wallets (cli or GUI) to version 0.5.0.1 Fermi Paradox - it is the time to do it.
    In less than 24h Ryo network will have an update.
    Get wallets: http://ryo-currency.com/wallet
    Read more about fork: https://ryo-currency.com/fork-countdown
    cryptomaxsun
    Legendary

Activity: 2744
    Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
    March 04, 2020, 06:54:25 PM

Are you planning to add hiding IP addresses of nodes?
    For example, using TOR and obfuscation?

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
    ❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
    Germining

Activity: 778
    Merit: 252

View Profile
    March 05, 2020, 07:16:53 PM

Hello RYO-FANS!

Dumpy-dump?!  Grin Cheesy

Private • Untraceable • Decentralized • Fungible
    snurfel

Activity: 56

View Profile
    March 06, 2020, 11:54:38 AM

Atom Ryo Wallet 1.4.0-0.5.0.1 is not fully synchronized. Stoping at block 362276.
    https://imgur.com/S4gWxR9
    RyoCurrency (OP)
    Copper Member

View Profile WWW
    March 07, 2020, 10:17:27 AM

Atom Ryo Wallet 1.4.0-0.5.0.1 is not fully synchronized. Stoping at block 362276.

Hi, snurfel.
    Have you tried remote-only mode in settings? Does it finish syncing?
    snurfel

View Profile
    March 07, 2020, 11:49:26 AM

Hi, RyoCurrency.
    I try remote daemon only, local daemon only and  local+remote daemon. Result is same, wallet not finishing sync.
    Synchronization now stops at block 362027.
     Sad
    RyoCurrency (OP)
    Copper Member

View Profile WWW
    March 07, 2020, 01:22:38 PM

Hi, RyoCurrency.
    I try remote daemon only, local daemon only and  local+remote daemon. Result is same, wallet not finishing sync.
    Synchronization now stops at block 362027.
     Sad
    When you restart the wallet - does it catch up and than is stuck at some height, or it is always at 362027 no matter how many times you restart wallet/pc?
    +also have you tried to press in "wallet actions" -> "rescan wallet" (rescan full blockchain)
    snurfel

View Profile
    March 07, 2020, 04:32:17 PM

Wallet stuck on 362027, but for a short time jumps to 362276.
    All options are not available in "wallet actions", probably they are not available if the wallet is not synchronized. But i delete all files in DB and reloaded it from zero, it did not help.
    I think this is a dead end. Can you recommend another GUI Wallet for Ryo?
    Germining

View Profile
    March 08, 2020, 08:40:14 AM

Use the cli and dump it as long as it's above 100sat dude. RUN!

snurfel

View Profile
    March 08, 2020, 09:16:32 PM

I used web-wallet. It works fine.
    vlc33

Activity: 2

View Profile
    March 16, 2020, 11:17:28 AM

I use new RYO wallet for windows
    I tried twice (resync full block chain two times)

I tried wallet sync in the three modes I always get the same error, in my case it was

sync message stays for long time in block 264787 then it goes for a second to block 265035 then it goes back again to block 264787

my wallet address is  RYoLse6w1UT63Eyiqdz8W2H2WVrAF8AHaTRbHBYcpPRicmE6da1zih2Dcm677aPmWBF9nejSjPTQgDX jwbN7Mgbhb7DGDWAkGCg

Should I understand that the full version 0.5.0.1 of RYO Wallet does not run properly?
    Germining

View Profile
    March 24, 2020, 12:05:30 PM

Yes. Try to dump using the webwallet (if that works...)

RyoCurrency (OP)
    Copper Member

View Profile WWW
    March 28, 2020, 07:10:20 PM

I tried wallet sync in the three modes I always get the same error, in my case it was
    sync message stays for long time in block 264787 then it goes for a second to block 265035 then it goes back again to block 264787
    my wallet address is  RYoLse6w1UT63Eyiqdz8W2H2WVrAF8AHaTRbHBYcpPRicmE6da1zih2Dcm677aPmWBF9nejSjPTQgDX jwbN7Mgbhb7DGDWAkGCg
    Should I understand that the full version 0.5.0.1 of RYO Wallet does not run properly?
    Ignore what sumo trolls here say (with germining aka patrik in charge of them)

Regarding your question about wallet, I discussed it with team and this will be fixed soon. You can use webwallet. All wallet links can be found here.
    RyoCurrency (OP)
    Copper Member

View Profile WWW
    April 02, 2020, 08:37:28 PM

Ryo Currency 'Fermi Paradox' 0.5.0.2
    This release implements several fixes in wallet binaries (the majour 0.5.0.0 update press release is here). Though the update is not mandatory, as it has wallet scan fixes - it is highly recommended for everyone to update:
    • Fix wallet subaddress scan #237
    • Fix wallet exceptions on reorgs #239
    • Few minor display fixes.

Additional links:
    • Ryo wallet Atom is updated to 1.4.1-0.5.0.2 version. Feel free to update it.
    • Mining of Ryo is supported in Xmr-Stak 2.10.8 using various community pools or built-in Atom SOLO pool.
    • To improve our support we created /r/xmrstak sub-reddit check it out if you have a problem, or you are looking for most up to date config for your card
    • Automatically updated blockchain download is available at: https://download.ryo-currency.com/blockchain.raw
    Germining

View Profile
    April 12, 2020, 05:29:30 PM

I am not in charge of anybody, you premine scammer! But thanks, for making your scam even more obvious  Grin Grin Grin

https://www.reddit.com/r/ryocurrency/comments/fzy6be/discussion_increasing_the_ryo_dev_fund/

TEAM DOUBLE DEV FUND!

Ignore what sumo trolls here say (with germining aka patrik in charge of them)

Regarding your question about wallet, I discussed it with team and this will be fixed soon. You can use webwallet. All wallet links can be found here.

RyoCurrency (OP)
    Copper Member

View Profile WWW
    April 13, 2020, 07:18:07 AM

[DISCUSSION] Increasing the RYO dev fund
    As we all know the price of crypto, and especially alts, has been going down. Zcash is close to its all-time-low. Monero is lower than it has been before Alphabay pump in 2016
    Current dev fund income makes it hard to cover even server costs - let alone hire someone to help with development or marketing. While RyoRu has been doing great work producing graphics and announcements for basically free, he is just one guy. Development has also been going at a glacial pace since last time we had someone to help us out was in September.

Therefore I would like to propose increasing the dev fund to 51282 RYO ($382) per week, while keeping the emission. This will decrease the miners' block reward to around 54.95
    We already talked prominent members about it, and here are the common pros and cons.

For
    • It will allow us to keep both marketing, infrastructure, and slow-but-at-least some development until the market conditions improve. If we abandon one of the above, it will be very hard to "reactivate".
    • It will decrease market pressure from miners selling Ryo. We have been running a surplus for most of the dev fund's existence ( https://ryo-currency.com/dev-fund/ ) that's how we can still keep on going for now. We are selling very little of Ryo that we get too - instead paying for the servers in USD or Bitcoin.

Against
    • It will destroy trust - Zcash voted for a proposal just like this one few months ago, it is still there. Ethereum adjusted its emission while transitioning to PoS. Only guys that insist on this model happen to be ones with 40% premine (Monero). Go figure.
    • You are doing too little development - We are not immune to market conditions around us. Unfortunately crypto tends to work in cycles, and we are on a down slope.
    • You should pause development - This is again not ideal. All software has bugs. Having capacity to fix them takes some continuous effort.
    • X should chip in for development - Few people suggested finding someone - but I don't think that's feasible. Ryo should be a self-funding endeavour
    • It will reduce profits for the miners - for miner-holders, this should be an easy choice, after-all development is what will make their holdings go up in value. And as to people who mine-to-sell, they have no interest in the future of Ryo, so why should they have a say in it?

Additionally:
    • None of that money will go towards the dev share, which will decrease. This will extra money will be used to meet costs only
    • Sumokoin guys are trolling as usual - feel free to ignore monero suckers like Germining (aka patrick) etc.
    Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
      Print  

Jump to: