Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:08:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dont you think that crypto market is still overvalued?  (Read 533 times)
pat25 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:50:02 PM

Hi!
 Don´t you think that crypto market is still overvalued?

Look on this Bitcoin price prediction based on worldwide money flows: https://coincheckup.com/coins/bitcoin/predictions

What is your opinion?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:54:09 PM

Probably. We can't really attribute accurate value to an emergent tech because we have no idea whether it's gonna succeed as a global payment standard. But when and if it breaks out from the stigma of unprofessionalism and shady practices, it will be a revolution that could dwarf pretty much any other development since the internet and smartphones.
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 04:56:58 PM

I think it depends. Some projects are clearly overvalued and they will fall hard eventually. Many are at that stage because they have managed to keep interest and are still "hyped". But not all projects are overvalued, I believe some are deeply undervalued as well. This is why it is so important to be selective and do your own research.
Hektur

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

I don´t think so, look in last year market cap was arround 800 billiom USD and still a lot of people did not invest or did not hear about Bitcoin.
Opportunities for further growth are huge!

mazezizi

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:59:12 PM

I do not think so. I think the cryptocurrency is now in the bubble phase. But the bubble does not mean that his value is overestimated. However, the cryptocurrency is growing. I think his value is higher than it is now. Of course, all of these are developing smoothly. The government may interfere with his growth.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:00:46 PM

Hi!

Look on this Bitcoin price prediction based on worldwide money flows: https://coincheckup.com/coins/bitcoin/predictions

What is your opinion?

i think its not overvalued, people just do not understand deeply the importance and value of blockchain technology to the universe.
its hard to comprehend and i mostly do not check up prices on website as such, you need to look up the flow at exchanges and probably look up at coinmarkecap.

people make suggestions based on their knowledge.
And remmeber knowledge is key,
nickolaileskov

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:04:32 PM

The market is not overestimated, the problem is different. The market is now under great pressure from the economy and politicians. Everyone believes that now the market is holding back. Hence, there are such forecasts.
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:09:25 PM

There are 2 options:
1. crypto will be globally accepted, we will see a massive adoption and price will sky rocket
2. governments and authorities will ban crypto, because there will be a problem wit taxes - then crypto will have no value.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
Super_Leyla

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:11:12 PM

Maybe. But I would not say so about the market as a whole. I would divide the cost for each coin separately.
Since I believe that there are coins that are overvalued and there are coins that are undervalued.
I think that in the coming year there will be a redistribution of value between the coins in the market.
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:20:23 PM

I really think that crypo right now is not overvalued. Because crypto can be something more something bigger than this. It is just that other country dont support cryptocurrency thus it being a hindrance in the growth of cryptocurrency. I know that in the future crypto will be having bigger prices that we currently see in the market.
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:29:36 PM

Hi!

What is your opinion?

Yes, a lot of crypto projects are overvalued, like EOS and a lot of others. But bitcoin and whole crypto space is not. There is lots more ground to gain in the terms of market capitalization. A lot of projects will fail, and the space will mature with fewer projects that have high capitalizations

aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:32:35 PM

I think it isn't overvalued now because it has taken all the steps to ensure that it gets corrected to the normal average prices. The bitcoin value and off course all the altcoins were overvalued in the December month. That is the period and those are the market cap which were actually overvalued. The price of 19K USD was actually tremendous hype and that too happened just within two weeks of period. This explains many things and primarily tells us that that was the overvalued positioning.

Now just look at the market and look what you see. The bitcoin or altcoins they have already corrected themselves in terms of prices and lowered more than 50% of original rates ATH. So we are just fine here.
pat25 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:45:16 PM

Thank you for your thoughts, but nobody still convinced me that cryptocurrency are not overvalued.
I mean some obvious evidence..

alhaji142
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:53:47 PM

Thank you for your thoughts, but nobody still convinced me that cryptocurrency are not overvalued.
I mean some obvious evidence..

The first question to ask yourself is who determines if a crypto market is overvalued. It all depends on demand and supply. And to me the crypto market is still very young and has more room to grow. I can say its undervalued from my perspective.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:21:19 PM

btc is not over valued

most icos have huge fake caps because they were easy to game from the start

so yes the total MC is hugely fake and over inflated

pat25 (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:00:33 PM

btc is not over valued

most icos have huge fake caps because they were easy to game from the start

so yes the total MC is hugely fake and over inflated
What does it mean? If there is a huge fake market cap - then there is a great growth potential or not?
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:04:41 PM

There are 2 options:
1. crypto will be globally accepted, we will see a massive adoption and price will sky rocket
2. governments and authorities will ban crypto, because there will be a problem wit taxes - then crypto will have no value.

Fully agree with you. Wanted to say same.
I really hope it will be scenario Nr.1 and we all will become reach someday.
But, unfortunately at the moment looking that scenario 2 is working and already for half a year since January no major changes.
We are all optimists, that´s why we are here  Wink
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:11:53 PM

I do not think that the crypto-currency market is too overpriced. If something is overrated, it's bitcoin. Still, one type of virtual digital money can not cost thousands of times more than ordinary money and in tens, hundreds, and sometimes thousands of times more expensive than the same digital ones. However, this is a new technology and we do not yet fully understand how to evaluate them and how they should behave.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:21:00 PM

I do not think that the crypto-currency market is too overpriced. If something is overrated, it's bitcoin. Still, one type of virtual digital money can not cost thousands of times more than ordinary money and in tens, hundreds, and sometimes thousands of times more expensive than the same digital ones. However, this is a new technology and we do not yet fully understand how to evaluate them and how they should behave.
Well, I think that Bitcoin is one of the few coins which will survive because it has real use, you can buy with Bitcoin a house or a coffee or a car or whatever.
But what will you do with altcoin? Only speculate..

BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:49:32 PM

Not overvalued, but there are definitely some sharks that are driving the price higher, you can't say that it is overvalued because there are always active trades on this pair and it's volume is pretty high, but we can be pretty sure that the price is being manipulated.

I don't think that the current status is bubble because the volume is still really high compared to the market cap and the price is pretty much stable compared to other markets.
I think that we found the stability point at about 7K$, and from now the price is just going to be increased as the demand is just increasing.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: