Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:59:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread.  (Read 130908 times)
SlimePuppy

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:57:22 PM

...to Andy...
Andy, my coins are still not recieved nor the coinex, nor cryptsy, what do you syggest? I syggest, look at the cat-chain and fix that, my transaction is 4-th day on Not Yet Redeemed!!!!
...so fix the stupid chain please...
Trianglez, I completely understand your frustration as I have CAT in limbo as well, but there is simply nothing technical this team can do to get your coins 'back' for you.  Crypto is non-reversible - this is by design.  When you send coins to someone you cannot take them back.

What I would do is the same thing we are doing - screen-shot any transaction you sent to an exchange and then open a ticket with them.

As we keep saying - we cannot fix the catcoin.biz charts or catchain because none of the development team own those websites.

Andy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hjr91

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:59:00 PM

Cryptsy is a problem with me as well. I use Teamcatcoin and cryptsy I got CAT in my wallet so fast like a second after doing withdrawl from Teamcatcoin and Cryptsy is taking so long I sent it a long time ago to since before my wallet didn't work. What I would say to do is to send to your wallet and to get the txid you just export the data. Also I think Cryptsy may need the instructions on how to update wallet. Maybe they believe since they have 8.9 that they are fine but a reinstall will fix their sync problems just like it did me. And LOVE the catcoin team and community.
TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 01:34:44 AM

Same here. I sent 1500 CAT that hasn't reached Craptsy for almost a day now. I'm not happy but I'm used to Craptsy delays. Craptsy lovers say "it's because of the volume". I wonder how long before that excuse starts to wear thin.

Hadn't used it for months (and I'm regretting not going elsewhere - I should have checked this forum first actually) so I'd forgotten just how rubbish they are at supporting users.

They need to go to a VC and get some proper funding and sort this mess out. They keep saying they're upgrading their servers but the service doesn't get any better. I hesitated before I clicked send, but I thought "nah, it'll be fine" - How wrong I was!
 Embarrassed

envy2010

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:34:50 AM

Interactive Catcoin Difficulty Simulator v0.4 Released!

This is a major release, with many new feature and algorithm improvements.

Envy2010's Log Algorithm with only single line modification from SMA36LIM12 algorithm. This algorithm delivers an impressive 80% + of time and blocks in the sweet spot range, which is a record breaker for any of the algorithms in the simulator right now.

Penta SMA updated with Rapid Downward Difficulty Adjustment technology. You can click 10x three times to simulate a 1000x increase in hash, then 1/10x three times to simulate 1/1000th decrease in hash, and watch how quickly the algorithm brings hashrate into sweet range.

Sweet spot plotting updated with darker graph lines when block ends inside sweet spot.

End of simulation report that shows what percentage of time was spent in the sweet spot, and what percentage of blocks ended by adjusting inside the sweet spot.

Download your copy at http://www.catcoin-algo.org

Thanks for coding that up! It looks great. The log algo works better than I thought it would.

For the next version, can you change one more line? Just delete the lower limit altogether. The response in terms of change per block looks great, but I don't like how the algo occasionally hangs the difficulty way up there for a while after a hash attack goes away, just because blocks aren't being found at all. If a block hasn't been found for 3 to 6 hours (or more), a downward change of much more than 12% is certainly needed. I like how the Penta formula drops back down if a block hasn't been found for a while.

In fact I'm not sure that algo needs limits at all, up or down, because it's inherently very self-limiting and stable, MUCH more so than SMA36LMT12 ever could be. What do you think? I'd also appreciate input from anyone who's looked at the simulator.
homey108

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:27:29 AM

Anyone else having issues with teamcatcoin?  It's been just about dead for quite a while now. Connects for a bit, then   
"Waiting for work to be available from pools."
disconnects and  then eventually comes back only to die again.  The web interface is also intermittent.

The slow box I got running seems to be able to stay mostly connected as it's only running  900K at the moment.
trianglez

Activity: 80

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:28:02 AM

Trianglez, I completely understand your frustration as I have CAT in limbo as well, but there is simply nothing technical this team can do to get your coins 'back' for you.  Crypto is non-reversible - this is by design.  When you send coins to someone you cannot take them back.

What I would do is the same thing we are doing - screen-shot any transaction you sent to an exchange and then open a ticket with them.

As we keep saying - we cannot fix the catcoin.biz charts or catchain because none of the development team own those websites.

Andy

Andy, i think you missunderstad me a little. What i meant was, i dont need money that are not in circulation, or just sitting in the wallet, they are worthless if they do nothing. I dont want to reverse the transaction, i know its impossible. I want my coins for trade, if they sit just to know i have some amount, its not profitable at all, i need to trade, so i beg everyone who can help, please fix the problems with that CAT coin, and if it's necessary, contact the "other dev team", buy from them the websites, make it work, help the exchanges to update their software, in other words - do your work.....please...
Can anyone explayn the other issue with the coinwarz showing false data in charts? False data in coinium charts too, it shows the difficulty is 2-3 but in reality CGminer shows the difficulty is 9-10 and rising, i think your new code doesnt work, even makes the mess messier...i think i will stop mining this coin, because it doesnt deserve my attention...this coin is doomed with 2 or three teams and it seems noone knows what is doing, and tries to fix some things dhtat doesnt understand...that's what it looks line from asside...have a nice day.
P.S. my coins are in limbo for 5-th day already...
SlimePuppy

Activity: 655

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:48:31 AM

Andy

Andy, i think you missunderstad me a little. What i meant was, i dont need money that are not in circulation, or just sitting in the wallet, they are worthless if they do nothing. I dont want to reverse the transaction, i know its impossible. I want my coins for trade, if they sit just to know i have some amount, its not profitable at all, i need to trade, so i beg everyone who can help, please fix the problems with that CAT coin, and if it's necessary, contact the "other dev team", buy from them the websites, make it work, help the exchanges to update their software, in other words - do your work.....please...
Can anyone explayn the other issue with the coinwarz showing false data in charts? False data in coinium charts too, it shows the difficulty is 2-3 but in reality CGminer shows the difficulty is 9-10 and rising, i think your new code doesnt work, even makes the mess messier...i think i will stop mining this coin, because it doesnt deserve my attention...this coin is doomed with 2 or three teams and it seems noone knows what is doing, and tries to fix some things dhtat doesnt understand...that's what it looks line from asside...have a nice day.
P.S. my coins are in limbo for 5-th day already...
Have you opened a ticket with Cryptsy?  Have you contacted Coinwarz?  Have you contacted the owners of Catcoin.biz? 

I don't know how to tell you in a way that works for you - but I'll say it again:  Nobody involved with CAT controls ANY of those sites - those are all private functions outside the control of ANY developer of ANY coin.  That's part one.

If all you care about is trading coins then by all means head to Doge or Aliencoin.  The people working on CAT are not speculators - we know this coin and her community and we know there is not a chance in hell that it's 'doomed'.  Sorry man, but that dog don't hunt.

If you don't understand from everything the dev team has posted in this thread that we're working 14 hour days improving this coin and her environment, than I simply have to admit that I cannot help you farther.

Good luck with whatever coin you choose to move to.

Andy
homey108

Activity: 153

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:51:28 AM

Personally, I'm happy to see coinwarz not being correct. Let the masses keep thinking catcoin is unprofitable at a 100+ difficultly level while I quietly collect them at a much lower difficulty.  Grin
kisa2005

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:54:35 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 06:41:09 AM by kisa2005

agree with slimepuppy and other loyal developers and supporters - this coin has soul, it requires long term dedication and care, we are here because we see purpose and enjoy working on a challenging project. Loyal cats bring patience and passioin to the table, ready to put aside egos, resolve disagreements, and disregard short-time profit considerations... we are aiming for the CAT to blossom in the long term and for sure wellcome those who choose to become a part of this project as their hobby or part-time work - there is much interesting and useful to be done for the months to come! or those who simply stay tuned, give their unconditional support and like this coin Wink belonging to the CAT community is a priviledge, thats it =^.^=
madoka

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:33:01 AM

Personally, I'm happy to see coinwarz not being correct. Let the masses keep thinking catcoin is unprofitable at a 100+ difficultly level while I quietly collect them at a much lower difficulty.  Grin

+1  Wink
ParadoximA

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:15:16 AM

SlimePuppy, I also had issues with depositing CAT to Cryptsy, and in searching for answers I came across this thread. I think you've answered everything clearly enough, you have my thanks.

I'm having issues with my wallet though, it's falling further and further behind with the synching. I installed the wallet yesterday and did a test transfer from a mining pool to the wallet, and the first confirmation showed up, but the synching hasn't progressed any further for the last 16 hours. At the moment it says it has 8 active connections to the Catcoin network. Should I just wait, or is there something I should fix? I'm making automatic payouts to that wallet and now I'm worried that I won't be able to use it.

I'm using the v0.8.9.0-unk-beta wallet on Windows 7.
I replaced the AppData\Roaming\Catcoin\catcoin.conf (and the one in the application folder) with the code listed on the forum. It didn't help, so I trimmed out the links that didn't seem to be working (is this a good idea?), so now it looks like this:

Code:
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=userpassword
server=1
daemon=1
testnet=0
listen=1
addnode=ultimatecoinpool.com
addnode=teamcatcoin.com
rpcport=7000
rpcallowip=192.168.*.*

Do I need to change the username and userpassword to something else?
Do the nodes need to have a port listed like in the original conf file?
vondi1122

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:52:51 AM

agree with slimepuppy and other loyal developers and supporters - this coin has soul, it requires long term dedication and care, we are here because we see purpose and enjoy working on a challenging project. Loyal cats bring patience and passioin to the table, ready to put aside egos, resolve disagreements, and disregard short-time profit considerations... we are aiming for the CAT to blossom in the long term and for sure wellcome those who choose to become a part of this project as their hobby or part-time work - there is much interesting and useful to be done for the months to come! or those who simply stay tuned, give their unconditional support and like this coin Wink belonging to the CAT community is a priviledge, thats it =^.^=

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████
FiR3

Activity: 192

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:04:18 AM

Hey there cat dwellers, sorry for the reddit copy/paste, but here's my problem:

[CAUTION] catcoin.in - scam pool?
submitted 3 days ago

Hello,
I have mined about 10 CATs using this pool, but cannot manage to withdraw them. There is no manual withdrawal option, only an autopay one. Trying to use their support form yields "There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.".
Is anybody having the same issues?

▒▒▒▒▒ SC ∩ AR = {wonder}  // SC=science, AR=art ▒▒▒▒▒
Pround quantum of the Romanian Bitcoin community.
skillface

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:35:34 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 05:06:09 PM by skillface

My wallet says we're on block 22490, but the pools seem to say block 22483. What the fuck is going on?

I also found a block by myself not too long ago. I swear, if I lose out on that block for whatever reason..

EDIT: Make that block 22505. The pools and a few people on IRC are still stuck on 22483 (it's been around 1.5 hours since they found a block last). Redownloading the blockchain changes nothing, I'm still on 22505 after that. What baffles me is that my node list is literally just the trusted pool list that we started using after this fork, yet those pools are lagging behind.

Geekhash and catstat.info are on the same chain as me, and the pools are STILL stuck on 22483, so I'm guessing the pools died a while back. We since figured out that a fork seems to have occurred at block 22438 or so (coincidentally the first block I found solo), back during a low-difficulty period. I think Team Catcoin may be responsible for it, though I'm no expert. Our own chain is going smoothly though.

EDIT2: So around 2.5 hours later, Team Catcoin and the other pools have finally hit 22484. Our chain is now on 22530.

EDIT3: Team Catcoin has found EVERY block from at least 22458, possibly earlier, with the exception of 22480, 22481 and 22482 (as of this post that chain is now on 22488). Coinium found 22480 and 22481, and I'm not sure who got 22482. Even now Team Catcoin is the only pool actually finding blocks on that chain. That doesn't sound right at all.
horus1

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:53:19 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 05:35:15 PM by horus1

My wallet says we're on block 22490, but the pools seem to say block 22483. What the fuck is going on?

I also found a block by myself not too long ago. I swear, if I lose out on that block for whatever reason..

I don't have a lot of experience with mining and wallet but in my own words:

catcoin wallet seems to be screwed up. (i have also syncing problems pretty much every few days, then i remove the stuff, install it again and if im lucky it works again for a few days...)

catcoin exchanges seems to be screwed up!

I send coins 60 hours ago to cryptsy and still no deposit showing?! Still no reply back from cryptsy......

I'm just hoping the support ticket SlimePuppy created at cryptsy will fix the problem......
horus1

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:47:40 PM

Finally an answer from cryptsy support:

This note is in response to your deposit ticket:

We have just completed a deep scan of all coin types and were able to process
98% of them. Those that were not processed either do not have enough confirmations or fit
into one of the coin types below.

Please check your deposit and see if it has arrived and let us know!

Coins that currently have issues:
ADT trading is suspended. Pending a fix from from the developers
We are sorry but the Android Tokens coin is having issues with the block chain. Until the developers come up with a solution, trading and wallet tx's have been suspended. Please follow the latest news or direct ADT question to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276884.1060

ZCC wallet is undergoing maintenance
The ZCC coin is forked and we are waiting for a new release from the developers before we relist it.

YAC wallet is in maintenance:
We are working on rebuilding our YAC wallet once this is complete all withdraws and deposits should complete

IFC and JKC withdraw delays
IFC withdrawals slow. Advise to increase deposit amounts and decrease deposit frequency and use much smaller withdraw sizes like 999999

COL wallet is offline for maintenance. Will resume shorlty

CATcoin wallet is down for maintenance. Should return shortly

LEAFcoin is down for maintenance. Should return shortly

Thank you for your patience.

Cryptsy.com

Well at least its something, guess they are working on it.
trianglez

Activity: 80

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:32:06 PM

so this is what captainfuture replied from coinex :
we updated the cat client as one of the first.
i get sooo many tickets about CAT, because it is so slow.

some people have to wait 2 or 3 days till the transaction reaches us.
i hope they did it, but my coins are not even there 5 days... an still "not yet redeemed"...
somebody wants to by from me? i have 200 CAT left in my wallet...cheap Smiley
horus1

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:42:44 PM

I still have hope it will work one of these days.. What's cheap? only have ltc   Cheesy
captainfuture

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:06:00 PM

any official nodes we have to use?
madoka

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:22:37 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 01:56:04 PM by madoka

Excuse my English.

I could solve the problem of synchronizing the portfolio as follows:

backing up the wallet.dat file first

delete the folder AppData \ Roaming \ Catcoin

execute portfolio

catcoin.conf create the file in the path AppData \ Roaming \ Catcoin

rpcuser = username
rpcpassword = userpassword
server = 1
daemon = 1
testnet = 0
listen = 1
addnode = cat.geekhash.org
addnode = ultimatecoinpool.com
addnode = eu.coinium.org
addnode = us.coinium.org
addnode = teamcatcoin.com
rpcport = 7000
rpcallowip = 192.168. *. *

and portfolio run again, this is synchronized without any problems Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: