Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:50:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread.  (Read 130942 times)
Crypto King

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:17:13 PM

What catcoin needs right now is the community spirit back, what it was like at the start of the coin launch. Remember catcoin has 9 lives and probably more, i have catcoins which im holding onto and believe catcoin can go far but we all need to come back to this and get it right, then move forward!

The dev team im sure are doing the hard work needed but can we have an update from today i would like to know where everything stands?

Can we have at least one post from the community just to see if they are still here!

Guess this is not the post you are looking for but ...
I personel have given up in Cat a time ago. I just check from time to time how cat's adventure continues.

The care/maintenance/development of the coin took a wrong way for me. I see it going down more and more and I wonder if there is really any chance left to get it back to alive and kicking. I have my doubts but thats me.

A bit a pitty because with that coin name I really saw a good chance that it could have become a brother or sister to doge.

So well then I pass it on:

Can we have at least one post from the community just to see if they are still here!

Smiley

Your opinion is welcomed and valid, and most of all you posted which is good, the community are lying low, the cats are hiding.

Im sure this forum will be bombarded with activity if we can get some positive ideas coming forward so lets do it CATS!
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:22:00 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 06:32:48 PM by Nullu

As far as I'm concerned Cat is alive but sleeping right now.

The Catcoin community is active but Catcoin became a technical discussion and stopped being about promoting Catcoin. That's when my activity in the community began to decrease.

I will always support Catcoin, but in terms of investing my time in Catcoin vs investing my time in other coins I was seeing increasingly diminishing returns, and unfortunately you have to emotionally detach yourself from coins to get a real perspective of their value.

Nobody knows what Catcoin is anymore. Its identity, how many active forks there are, or what the current plan is. It's in that similar situation that Klondike Coin is now in where the diehard community are the only ones keeping it going.

I have to be completely honest, because honesty is what this coin needs; I don't feel secure holding Catcoin anymore.

It's up to the developers to change that situation, not me. It's not my responsibility to ensure the coins I trade in retain their value. Only if I hold enough for it to be in my personal interest to do so, and for that to happen I'd have to be in possession of several thousand Catcoin. That is not the case, and I won't risk my BTC on investing in that many.

I will support Catcoin always, but I'm telling you now, honestly and truthfully, the only people keeping Catcoin alive are the diehard community. Catcoin is a shell of what it once was. You can still turn this around. Stop being a group discussion of technical specifications and start talking about Catcoin beyond difficulty readjustment algorithms. Casual crypto users have lost interest. There's no point in fooling yourselves in order to portray that everything is fine and dandy, because too many people believe that to be the case now, and it's slowly killing Catcoin.

Positivity is great, but the lack of real criticism or action is extremely disconcerting. I've never seen so much time spent on difficulty readjustment algorithms when some coins just make a decision, enact it, then get on with developing services and a community. This obsession with the difficulty readjustment has to end. Make a decision and stick with it. Every fork is another nail in the coffin.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
ParadoximA

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:27:03 PM

Crypto King, I don't know if you've read any of the posts on the previous pages - but the main issue (from a CAT user's point of view) is that there are multiple forks out there at the moment, and some of the exchanges are on the wrong ones, or just not accepting deposits.

In addition to this, there is only one pool mining CAT on the correct fork (Coinium.org, if it is even the correct fork...), and they're not accepting any further registrations - so mining is basically closed to the public at the moment, a lucky few are taking all the profits.

Even catcoins.biz doesn't have the correct blockchain info at the moment.

That said, it does seem like there is a group of people that are actively working on getting the problems fixed. As has been said on this forum - CAT is not dead, but CAT is quite sick. The vet says CAT is going to be just fine, we just need to be a little bit patient.
Crypto King

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:28:48 PM

As far as I'm concerned Cat is alive but sleeping right now.

The Catcoin community is active but Catcoin became a technical discussion and stopped being about promoting Catcoin. That's when my activity in the community began to decrease.

I will always support Catcoin, but in terms of investing my time in Catcoin vs investing my time in other coins I was seeing increasingly diminishing returns, and unfortunately you have to emotionally detach yourself from coins to get a real perspective of their value.

Nobody knows what Catcoin is anymore. Its identity, how many active forks there are, or what the current plan is. It's in that similar situation that Klondike Coin is now in where the diehard community are the only ones keeping it going.

I have to be completely honest, because honesty is what this coin needs; I don't feel secure holding Catcoin anymore.

It's up to the developers to change that situation, not me. It's not my responsibility to ensure the coins I trade in retain their value. Only if I hold enough for it to be in my personal interest to do so, and for that to happen I'd have to be in possession of several thousand Catcoin. That is not the case, and I won't risk my BTC on investing in that many.

I will support Catcoin always, but I'm telling you now, honestly and truthfully, the only people keeping Catcoin alive are the diehard community. Catcoin is a shell of what it once was. You can still turn this around. Stop being a group discussion of technical specifications are start talking about Catcoin beyond difficulty readjustment algorithms. Casual crypto users have lost interest.

Totally agree and well said thats how everyone feels,

If you have a spare 10 minutes, just read the first pages of the first catcoin thread and see the positvity and belief.

Nullu is right, to much technical talk about the coin, what we need now is promotion.

The re branding looks good lets build on it, surely there are a few CATS left to come forward with some ideas,

Catcoin forums is a powerhouse so i would like to see some of his ideas?

Where can we take catcoin, if we can build some ideas i will spend my BTC on these CATCOINS and happily build on my stake!
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:36:00 PM

The community has the power to change Catcoin for the better, but it is not working with one voice. Catcoin needs a dev team, not everyone working on different ideas and cross purposes.

Work on becoming a dev team with one voice, and the rest will follow. You need to make singular decisions as a group. The priority now is fixing this fork mess once and for all and deciding on an official fork and then that's it. Then get on with promotion and services.

It's a wonder Catcoin has survive through all this. Even the thread title still mentions a fork.

End the forks.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Crypto King

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:36:09 PM

Crypto King, I don't know if you've read any of the posts on the previous pages - but the main issue (from a CAT user's point of view) is that there are multiple forks out there at the moment, and some of the exchanges are on the wrong ones, or just not accepting deposits.

In addition to this, there is only one pool mining CAT on the correct fork (Coinium.org, if it is even the correct fork...), and they're not accepting any further registrations - so mining is basically closed to the public at the moment, a lucky few are taking all the profits.

Even catcoins.biz doesn't have the correct blockchain info at the moment.

That said, it does seem like there is a group of people that are actively working on getting the problems fixed. As has been said on this forum - CAT is not dead, but CAT is quite sick. The vet says CAT is going to be just fine, we just need to be a little bit patient.

Yes i have read about the fork situation but i would like a statement from the DEV team today if possible to see whats getting addressed and if we can get the issues resolved, im sure there doing it as we speak.

I dont mean to come on here out of the blue and start dominating the thread with my opinions and views but as i have said i hold catcoins, have realized again how big catcoin can be! Eveyone is bringin out new altcoins nearly everyday but i dont think any of them can be as good as catcoin, we have the coin here it just needs to come back alive and shout out again.

And i want to help!
ParadoximA

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:42:18 PM

I hear you Crypto King. We know the devs are working hard, but we need more support from outside of the dev team, i.e. mining pools, exchanges and enthusiastic users. To be able to give that support, the community needs ongoing reassurance from the devs that everything is going to be ok.
mac-coin

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:46:07 PM

I just took a look at the cat block explorer, and someone is mining on that fork, they found a block today?

Doesn't the longest chain normally win out meaning the one coinium's on is correct??
TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 06:48:11 PM

Check your Cryptsy CAT balance
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

TheQueen74

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 07:00:52 PM

As I think that kind of situation should never happened for a coin, I decided to re-download the chain directly from coinium, so now our 2 pools are working on the same fork !

So if someone wants to be a potential lucky few that is mining on that fork, you're welcome

_TheQueen74

MINING-POOL.CO.UK [0% fees, SSL, PROP/PPLNS] : NYANCOIN - MICROCOIN - DOGECOIN - CATCOIN
horus1

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:01:00 PM

Still nothing for me, but wont take long anymore then i guess Smiley
Crypto King

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:01:58 PM

So what can will call the official fork? coinium? this is what we need sorted first i would then help informing pools and exchanges so is the DEV team going to call it?
Crypto King

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:03:00 PM

or is coinium going to be confirmed then
CatCoinForums

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:06:31 PM

The developers of catcoin need to get their arses online and get updating and improving this coin.. they made the effort to take over yet they fail to maintain that effort..
vondi1122

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:10:28 PM

The developers of catcoin need to get their arses online and get updating and improving this coin.. they made the effort to take over yet they fail to maintain that effort..
Well, you know, they have everyday lives Smiley
And by the way you the admin of the catcoinforum? Can you maybe delete all these spam threads selling pharmacy and stuff? thanks!

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████
ParadoximA

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:12:27 PM

As I think that kind of situation should never happened for a coin, I decided to re-download the chain directly from coinium, so now our 2 pools are working on the same fork !

So if someone wants to be a potential lucky few that is mining on that fork, you're welcome

_TheQueen74

Her Majesty the Queen has at least one more loyal worker Smiley
TheQueen74

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 07:16:28 PM

Can you indicate the transaction ID so we can check if this transaction is on the coinium fork, which would indicate that cryptsy is on the same one, and so our pool

_TQ

MINING-POOL.CO.UK [0% fees, SSL, PROP/PPLNS] : NYANCOIN - MICROCOIN - DOGECOIN - CATCOIN
SlimePuppy

Activity: 657

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:28:58 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 07:42:04 PM by SlimePuppy

Hey fellow Cats,

While for some it might appear that Cat is sleeping, I can tell you that the dev team is not.   Unfortunately, due to the speed of this forum and the pages of messages, the dev updates are lost almost immediately after posting.  Hmmm...lost in all the posting.  How can anyone see all these posts then ask where the community is? Wink

Has anyone seen any posts from the dev team?  Who's in the dev team, anyway?  The devs are listed in the first message in this thread.  I've been posting updates (some daily, some as they happen), Blaksmith, Hozer, Maverickthenoob (Maverick the newlywed, now!), and johnny_non have as well.

Quick summary.  Not much has changed in the past 24-30 hours with our code and that's actually a good thing - that means that our current version 0.8.9.10 code appears to be doing its job.  We have it deployed on a number of test nodes and it not only works by itself, but appears to be helping to stabilize the rest of the network.  We expect that within the next day or two we'll have enough data to determine the next step and possibly release a wallet update.  This will not be a fork - this is simply a maintenance release.

In parallel with fighting the forks, we continue to code and test our '100% fix' difficulty adjustment solution.  We have one advanced candidate on a testnet, and many others on the simulator.  A couple of the candidates are taking much more creativity to integrate into etblvu1's simulator and they're taking more time.  If either Kuroman or raveneye want to contact etblvu1, I think he'd appreciate it.

Back to the community...  Some posters might think this thread is "the" community but this is nowhere near the truth.  Johnny_non and his team continue to get the word out about cat and her community here and that's spreading the cat community far beyond just here.  In about a month, when the Oprah Winfrey Network show The Diamond Collar airs episode 6, we will be featured as part of an animal sanctuary/animal charity reality TV show.  If you want to understand what that'll do for this community, google 'oprah bump' Wink

http://www.oprah.com/own/Diamond-Collar-About-the-Show
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/raining-catcoins-dogecoins-oprah-winfrey-reality-show-backs-113056808.html
The show is now looking to capitalise on the recent rise in popularity for cryptocurrencies and in particular the appropriately-titled dogecoin and catcoin.

Calling all Cats, I'm taking donations for Keno's animal rescue, soon to be featured on The Diamond Collar Television show airing on OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network)
it's time for the community to step up and pitch in 100% of the donations will be passed along. Please show your support.

9iyKS8KVBHap3PYBzKYaUrJxRR7q5mqaSu

http://thediamondcollar.com/keno-s-rescue

Johnny's posted other info on pending cat customers that include pet stores, veterinarians, and a vet school.  Other charities that current accept cat include the Songs of Love foundation:

The Songs of Love Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing personalized songs for children and teens currently facing tough medical, physical or emotional challenges, free of charge.
 http://www.songsoflove.org/catcoins/

I understand that we'd all like to know the exact day and hour that the forks are gone but we don't have that yet.  What we do have are devs and a community working together, and we have a hard target of 30 days - we will be fixed, strong, and fully operational in time for episode 6 of the Diamond Collar.  Hopefully well before, but no later.

Andy
TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 07:40:00 PM

Can you indicate the transaction ID so we can check if this transaction is on the coinium fork, which would indicate that cryptsy is on the same one, and so our pool

_TQ
a1b9814111fe8f1e39cbe481d440635c0e89f18f7666b4ef3835534faa0b7235

mac-coin

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:40:57 PM

Thanks for the update.

Does the dev team know how many forks are out there, and which 1 are they are going choose.

My vote is for the coinium folk as this seam to be the only really active folk.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: