Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:37:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread.  (Read 130947 times)
SlimePuppy

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:29:03 PM

8 of 22950 blocks

11 active connection!

still out of sync as no block source available

Ideas?
Windows Serje?

If yes, please remove almost everything from your catcoin folder and let's get you reloaded.

- press Start
- search for %AppData%
- in search results select Roaming
- explore to catcoin
- make a copy of wallet.dat - move to desktop just in case something goes wrong
- delete everything in the catcoin folder except wallet.dat
- copy the catcoin.conf from the wallet download package
- restart the wallet

That will connect with two of the master nodes and get you a fast copy of the entire block chain.

Thanks!
Andy
horus1

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:40:55 PM

To bad if ur lost coins at coinium, the reimbursting coins they got go into their own wallets...

They refund 0, they just keep the coins.
evilwhynot

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:57:23 PM

I still have unconfirmed cats after updating the wallet and it has been over 24 hours. This seems like the only problem I am faced with.
vondi1122

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:05:05 AM

To bad if ur lost coins at coinium, the reimbursting coins they got go into their own wallets...

Any proof for this?

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████
Maverickthenoob (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 02:22:58 AM

No offense, but are you fucking kidding me?

I personally put out 500 coins to cover coiniums losses. The pool op, Raistlinthewiz, put up THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED CAT of his own personal stash to cover overpaid coins. What does that mean? It means he paid out legitimate coins on mining that was done on invalid coins. Those coins never existed, but were paid out anyways. So, other invalid coins were caught before they were paid out, so yes, you didn't get paid out, but those coins never existed to begin with. Try to consider that everybody got screwed by these forks, ESPECIALLY Coinium.

Board of Directors - Catcoin
Personal: CAT: 9pndWw3qmPiWm2jQRw5pRAVEfJN4LzaD1f  BTC: 1Jo1394CraTgC8bKFzDdEMdks2DroB6VBe
CAT Dev Donation CAT: 9gZpz58KzYr1WKBN8DfPkZPAEt5wfZ4UKT BTC: 1MeRkKfRRfC86BQWEx5gsq68bDHe7dgs3o
horus1

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:27:06 AM

Just seems a little strange to me that we are asked to sign up at reddit to give up our loses, then we get an update that a portion has been send to coinium, and then reading on the forum after asking that they use it to cover their own losses.
Maverickthenoob (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 02:41:06 AM

Just seems a little strange to me that we are asked to sign up at reddit to give up our loses, then we get an update that a portion has been send to coinium, and then reading on the forum after asking that they use it to cover their own losses.

Right, because that's still in process. It is a lengthy and labor intensive process to verify the losses, with as many forked chains as we're dealing with. Coinium was compensated by me personally, not from the insurance fund directly. I did this because Raistlin's pool balance hit zero, and it was going to affect further mining. The rest he covered out of his own personal supply. Raistlin was able to verify his loses more simply because he has access to the back end software for his pool. Work is still being done on the insurance fund, but I can assure you my coins, although listed there, do not represent any of the funds that were committed by other people.

Board of Directors - Catcoin
Personal: CAT: 9pndWw3qmPiWm2jQRw5pRAVEfJN4LzaD1f  BTC: 1Jo1394CraTgC8bKFzDdEMdks2DroB6VBe
CAT Dev Donation CAT: 9gZpz58KzYr1WKBN8DfPkZPAEt5wfZ4UKT BTC: 1MeRkKfRRfC86BQWEx5gsq68bDHe7dgs3o
SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:50:08 AM

Horus - I've said this a number of times already, but with everyone else's indulgence, I will say it here again just for you.  Please 'listen' closely:

Coinium has been the single most supportive pool for CAT and CATians alike since we began.  They have continued to PAY THEIR MINERS OUT OF THEIR POCKETS even when they could not recoup any losses.  The first question for you is:  Why didn't you reimburse the pool for profits they paid you out of their personal pocket?

The reimbursement was clearly stated here in this forum before it was posted on Reddit.  Let's also make this clear:  That reimbursement came out of MAVERICKTHENOOB's PERSONAL WALLET and did not come from the insurance program or any development funds.  How much have YOU contributed to either pay Mav back, or to support development, or to support your favorite pool?

As for the insurance program - can you name ANY OTHER COIN or community with an insurance program?  This is the only community that has done that.  Guess how the money got into the program?  It was donated by your fellow CATians.  That's right - some of the people around you GAVE SOME OF THEIR CATS to HELP the community.  DOGE just had a fork - guess how large their reimbursements are?  Did you guess ZERO?  Excellent.

Finally, we have worked hard to keep you informed at every step exactly what we're doing, why we're doing it, and what we expect to happen once we do it.  If at any point you have a problem with ANY of it, I hope you will accept my personal invitation to go forth and find a coin and community in which you are in better harmony.

Good luck.
Andy
horus1

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:55:53 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 03:20:06 AM by horus1

Please read closely.. just for you..

[–]TechnoMagik 1 point 3 days ago

UPDATE Feb 18 One (partial) payout was made to coinium, and geekhash.org is having network problems.

[–]TechnoMagik 1 point 1 day ago

The only way to know if coinium is paying out fairly is to ask around to other coinium users.

If everyone was agreeable to an audit of coinium, it could probably be done, but I think the reality is it would cost WAY more to figure it out.

Yes it was very clear.. maybe you should give the same information instead of proposing to do an audit to see if the payment was distributed fairly.

[EDIT]
I'm doing this for the first time and mining catcoin now for about 2 weeks and i have nothing to show for it, donating what lol...
geokilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:21:12 AM

Horus - I've said this a number of times already, but with everyone else's indulgence, I will say it here again just for you.  Please 'listen' closely:

Coinium has been the single most supportive pool for CAT and CATians alike since we began.  They have continued to PAY THEIR MINERS OUT OF THEIR POCKETS even when they could not recoup any losses.  The first question for you is:  Why didn't you reimburse the pool for profits they paid you out of their personal pocket?

The reimbursement was clearly stated here in this forum before it was posted on Reddit.  Let's also make this clear:  That reimbursement came out of MAVERICKTHENOOB's PERSONAL WALLET and did not come from the insurance program or any development funds.  How much have YOU contributed to either pay Mav back, or to support development, or to support your favorite pool?

As for the insurance program - can you name ANY OTHER COIN or community with an insurance program?  This is the only community that has done that.  Guess how the money got into the program?  It was donated by your fellow CATians.  That's right - some of the people around you GAVE SOME OF THEIR CATS to HELP the community.  DOGE just had a fork - guess how large their reimbursements are?  Did you guess ZERO?  Excellent.

Finally, we have worked hard to keep you informed at every step exactly what we're doing, why we're doing it, and what we expect to happen once we do it.  If at any point you have a problem with ANY of it, I hope you will accept my personal invitation to go forth and find a coin and community in which you are in better harmony.

Good luck.
Andy
Foxcoin. You're welcome.
vondi1122

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:36:52 AM

Can't get everybody on board  Cool
Edit: I had "losses" too, but don't blame anybody.

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████       █████       ███████
   █████        █████        █████
pavan@hosur

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:43:57 AM

which catcoin pool is best? in all pools 0 active miners? Any problem for CAT?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:59:56 AM

Coinium's mining, there are many P2Pool nodes.  TeamCatCoin's been doing a server move the past couple of days - they should be up soon.  There's a list in the first post of this thread - make sure you select a pool updated to V8.9.10
TheQueen74

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 01:12:47 PM

Coinium's mining, there are many P2Pool nodes.  TeamCatCoin's been doing a server move the past couple of days - they should be up soon.  There's a list in the first post of this thread - make sure you select a pool updated to V8.9.10

Hey,

We have updated to 8.9.10 on February 17... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=441402.msg5207443#msg5207443

_TQ

MINING-POOL.CO.UK [0% fees, SSL, PROP/PPLNS] : NYANCOIN - MICROCOIN - DOGECOIN - CATCOIN
horus1

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:07:15 PM

Coinium's mining, there are many P2Pool nodes.  TeamCatCoin's been doing a server move the past couple of days - they should be up soon.  There's a list in the first post of this thread - make sure you select a pool updated to V8.9.10

Teamcatcoin sucks, they never respond to support tickets, ur a fool to go there.

This one seems reasonable, http://catpool.in/

Btw the OP is wrong, coinium does have a fee of 1%.
Crypto King

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:11:48 PM

Coinium's mining, there are many P2Pool nodes.  TeamCatCoin's been doing a server move the past couple of days - they should be up soon.  There's a list in the first post of this thread - make sure you select a pool updated to V8.9.10

Hey,

We have updated to 8.9.10 on February 17... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=441402.msg5207443#msg5207443

_TQ

i have put some hash back in your pool and most importantly back on catcoin now the fork issues are resolved, looking forward to the catcoin future! if anyone wants to join me and jeeman then we are here https://www.mining-pool.co.uk/cat-catcoin/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool spreading the hash out!
horus1

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:20:14 PM

Horus - I've said this a number of times already, but with everyone else's indulgence, I will say it here again just for you.  Please 'listen' closely:

Coinium has been the single most supportive pool for CAT and CATians alike since we began.  They have continued to PAY THEIR MINERS OUT OF THEIR POCKETS even when they could not recoup any losses.  The first question for you is:  Why didn't you reimburse the pool for profits they paid you out of their personal pocket?
Because all coins are gone? What can i donate if have nothing after 2 weeks of mining!!

The reimbursement was clearly stated here in this forum before it was posted on Reddit.  Let's also make this clear:  That reimbursement came out of MAVERICKTHENOOB's PERSONAL WALLET and did not come from the insurance program or any development funds.  How much have YOU contributed to either pay Mav back, or to support development, or to support your favorite pool?
Because all coins are gone? What can i donate if have nothing after 2 weeks of mining!!

As for the insurance program - can you name ANY OTHER COIN or community with an insurance program?  This is the only community that has done that.  Guess how the money got into the program?  It was donated by your fellow CATians.  That's right - some of the people around you GAVE SOME OF THEIR CATS to HELP the community.  DOGE just had a fork - guess how large their reimbursements are?  Did you guess ZERO?  Excellent.
Foxcoin apparently

Finally, we have worked hard to keep you informed at every step exactly what we're doing, why we're doing it, and what we expect to happen once we do it.  If at any point you have a problem with ANY of it, I hope you will accept my personal invitation to go forth and find a coin and community in which you are in better harmony.
Yea you just give different information at different locations. And when i give comments here that the info we got from reddit isn't followed up by coinium you just start trashing me!

Good luck.
Andy
TheQueen74

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 02:25:20 PM

i have put some hash back in your pool and most importantly back on catcoin now the fork issues are resolved, looking forward to the catcoin future! if anyone wants to join me and jeeman then we are here https://www.mining-pool.co.uk/cat-catcoin/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool spreading the hash out!

Thank you for joining !!

Since I can see people are still enthusiasts after this sad week, I'm also pointing 2Khs to the pool too  Cheesy

_TheQueen74

MINING-POOL.CO.UK [0% fees, SSL, PROP/PPLNS] : NYANCOIN - MICROCOIN - DOGECOIN - CATCOIN
Crypto King

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:38:10 PM

apart from the devlopment what other projects are catcoin going to be supporting or doing? Do we have any interesting promotions?

SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:27:01 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 07:08:44 PM by SlimePuppy

Hey,

_TQ
Yes you did, Ma'am - we'll get the OP updated!  Edit - looks like you are updated in the pool list. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: