Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:34:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread.  (Read 130947 times)
SlimePuppy

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:47:49 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 11:17:41 PM by SlimePuppy

Because all coins are gone? What can i donate if have nothing after 2 weeks of mining!!
Yea you just give different information at different locations. And when i give comments here that the info we got from reddit isn't followed up by coinium you just start trashing me!
Two whole weeks?  Two weeks during a series of forks when everyone else understood that we were mining at our own risk while the DEVs, pools, and exchanges worked to fix the problem?

It's clear from your posts that there is something you don't yet understand.  You keep blaming the pool because you have unconfirmed coins.  You wouldn't have ANY coins if the pool hadn't paid you.  If you had been on the same fork as coinium, you would have coins in your wallet.  If you and coinium were on the longest chain with the highest work, your coins would be confirmed.  Coinium did their part - they paid you.  You, however, missed the 'at your own risk' warnings, the forked chain warnings, and the recommendations about which pool to move to if you wanted to continue mining.  That's not my fault or coinium's fault - that sir is YOUR fault.

Nobody can make you mine or stop mining.  Nobody can make you read.  All we can do is post the most accurate info we have at the time and hope that people interested in doing THEIR part actually read, and ask questions if they don't understand.

Had you been mining any other coin - any of the many that forked in the past two weeks - and found yourself or your pool on the wrong fork, you would have a big black ZERO in your wallet.  There would be no donations and no reddit for the insurance program.  You would have ZERO chance of getting anything for your work.

That is not the case with CAT - we DO have people that are working for he good of the ENTIRE COMMUNITY and not just themselves.  According to the spreadsheet entry in the insurance thread, you have entered your information.  You were asked to send data to validate your coin holdings.  Provided you've done that, your next step is to wait for the rest of the data to arrive, wait for others to search for and validate your transactions, and then see how the process works.  It's not going to be fast - pools and exchanges are still doing their post-fork behind the scenes work.  Until THEY know the effects of their payouts, WE cannot know - and if we don't know, we can't tell anyone else.

Feel free to complain AFTER that.

If you have any other questions about the insurance process, please post them in the reddit thread - this forum moves too quickly and it takes too much time trying to find all the information here.  Again - reddit is for insurance, this thread is for everything else.

Put your .catcoin/ directory (MINUS YOUR WALLET FILE) in a .tar.gz, or zip file, and post a link to it on on http://www.reddit.com/r/catcoins/comments/1y2eg6/aye_maties_raise_the_jib_and_ready_the_checkpoint/ along with the addresses used for mining, and we can start sorting this out.

Good day.
SkillRoad

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:48:48 PM

Hi,

A fairly basic question here but I just want to be sure.  I have wallet 8.9 and it's showing up to date with all coins intact.  There's no chance I have coins from a wrong fork in this wallet, correct?  As I understand it, that wouldn't be possible, but I just want to check.  I can proceed to upgrade to 8.9.10 without any concerns?

Thank you in advance for your help-

Back up your whole catcoin directory first! But, if your wallet is the same block number as http://catstat.info , you should be just fine to update to the latest version.  New windows wallets are being posted as I am typing this!
Crypto King

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:52:18 PM

lets have a few more miners at https://www.mining-pool.co.uk/cat-catcoin/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

is a great pool, very stable and has a nice layout. Get mining some CAT  Grin
SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:03:12 PM

apart from the devlopment what other projects are catcoin going to be supporting or doing? Do we have any interesting promotions?

Johnny_non can provide the best info.  The things I know about include the songs for kids charity, donations being accepted for the Keno Animal Rescue, and that we have about 3-4 weeks before CAT and her community are highlighted on an Oprah Winfrey Network show.  I understand there are pet shops, veterinarians, and possibly vet schools that are interested in accepting CAT.  Work continues as well for the non-profit cat foundation.

...  Johnny_non and his team continue to get the word out about cat and her community here and that's spreading the cat community far beyond just here.  In about a month, when the Oprah Winfrey Network show The Diamond Collar airs episode 6, we will be featured as part of an animal sanctuary/animal charity reality TV show.  If you want to understand what that'll do for this community, google 'oprah bump' Wink

http://www.oprah.com/own/Diamond-Collar-About-the-Show
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/raining-catcoins-dogecoins-oprah-winfrey-reality-show-backs-113056808.html
The show is now looking to capitalise on the recent rise in popularity for cryptocurrencies and in particular the appropriately-titled dogecoin and catcoin.

Calling all Cats, I'm taking donations for Keno's animal rescue, soon to be featured on The Diamond Collar Television show airing on OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network)
it's time for the community to step up and pitch in 100% of the donations will be passed along. Please show your support.

9iyKS8KVBHap3PYBzKYaUrJxRR7q5mqaSu

http://thediamondcollar.com/keno-s-rescue

Johnny's posted other info on pending cat customers that include pet stores, veterinarians, and a vet school.  Other charities that current accept cat include the Songs of Love foundation:

The Songs of Love Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing personalized songs for children and teens currently facing tough medical, physical or emotional challenges, free of charge.
 http://www.songsoflove.org/catcoins/

Thanks King!
Crypto King

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:08:45 PM

apart from the devlopment what other projects are catcoin going to be supporting or doing? Do we have any interesting promotions?

Johnny_non can provide the best info.  The things I know about include the songs for kids charity, donations being accepted for the Keno Animal Rescue, and that we have about 3-4 weeks before CAT and her community are highlighted on an Oprah Winfrey Network show.  I understand there are pet shops, veterinarians, and possibly vet schools that are interested in accepting CAT.  Work continues as well for the non-profit cat foundation.

...  Johnny_non and his team continue to get the word out about cat and her community here and that's spreading the cat community far beyond just here.  In about a month, when the Oprah Winfrey Network show The Diamond Collar airs episode 6, we will be featured as part of an animal sanctuary/animal charity reality TV show.  If you want to understand what that'll do for this community, google 'oprah bump' Wink

http://www.oprah.com/own/Diamond-Collar-About-the-Show
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/raining-catcoins-dogecoins-oprah-winfrey-reality-show-backs-113056808.html
The show is now looking to capitalise on the recent rise in popularity for cryptocurrencies and in particular the appropriately-titled dogecoin and catcoin.

Calling all Cats, I'm taking donations for Keno's animal rescue, soon to be featured on The Diamond Collar Television show airing on OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network)
it's time for the community to step up and pitch in 100% of the donations will be passed along. Please show your support.

9iyKS8KVBHap3PYBzKYaUrJxRR7q5mqaSu

http://thediamondcollar.com/keno-s-rescue

Johnny's posted other info on pending cat customers that include pet stores, veterinarians, and a vet school.  Other charities that current accept cat include the Songs of Love foundation:

The Songs of Love Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing personalized songs for children and teens currently facing tough medical, physical or emotional challenges, free of charge.
 http://www.songsoflove.org/catcoins/

Thanks King!

thanks for that, the Oprah Winfrey Network show The Diamond Collar is great, i will be looking out for this.
TheQueen74

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 07:23:06 PM

... looks like you are updated in the pool list. Wink
Many thanks

_TQ74

MINING-POOL.CO.UK [0% fees, SSL, PROP/PPLNS] : NYANCOIN - MICROCOIN - DOGECOIN - CATCOIN
CatCoinForums

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:24:51 PM

When catcoin is announced on the Oprah Winfrey Network show, be prepared to see a massive sky rocket. $1+
evilwhynot

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:33:53 PM

Where is the reddit thread located?
SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:13:59 PM

Where is the reddit thread located?
Sorry - this thread moves crazy fast - it takes about an hour to be 'overcome by events' Smiley

Put your .catcoin/ directory (MINUS YOUR WALLET FILE) in a .tar.gz, or zip file, and post a link to it on on http://www.reddit.com/r/catcoins/comments/1y2eg6/aye_maties_raise_the_jib_and_ready_the_checkpoint/ along with the addresses used for mining, and we can start sorting this out.

evilwhynot

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:32:37 PM

Done - http://www.reddit.com/r/catcoins/comments/1ynsp8/unconfirmed_cats/
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:22:27 AM

So where are all the Cat supporters? We need to get this thread active.
vondi1122

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:09:28 AM

is that file simply the windows wallet or what?

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████
evilwhynot

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:18:20 AM

is that file simply the windows wallet or what?

No, it is the appdata catcoin folder that they requested for unconfirmed coins
platinum4

Activity: 547

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:22:19 AM

We need to look at the mining realistically here for a second.

Have we identified which multipool switches over to CAT when difficulty is lower than 10?  They are catching blocks, many per minute, and the rest of the pools just grind out the blocks that are difficulty 20+ to around 70 something then back down to 20.  Given the retarget, that ideally leaves about 10-15 blocks available to be mined by any regular pool (P2Pool, coinium, uk pool, whatever).  I can attest to this because half the time when I jump on coinium; the pool hashrate doubles that's how low it is.

If somebody can identify the specific pool that whales CAT, I will continue to mine.  I want to support this coin but it's on a 24 hour cycle.  Us 10-15 blocks, them about 100 in the mean time.  And we are mining about 23.5 hours, they mine for 0.5 at most.  It seems like to only LOGICAL way to get a consistent payout is to join this particular multipool and then mine specifically under the port dedicated to CAT, so that normal network hashrate occurs for the high difficulty blocks 10-15 at around 80-100MH/s avg network hash rate.

Again it is pointless trying to mine while the well is bottoming out.  From difficulty 10 down to near-zero this large whale pool catches every block sometimes no less than 5 seconds apart.  It's near impossible to catch any blocks under difficulty 10, I've been lucky once and caught a 7 recently on coinium.

When we were on 2 different forks and I was mining both I had the opportunity to watch how a zero-difficulty well pays out to a normal pool (coinium on the WRONG FORK which is the whole insurance bullshit which I'm out 502 CAT from) as compared to the actual fork/dev fork which would get whaled by multipool.

On wrong fork, normal miners could catch near every block on the way down and back up out of the well.  On dev fork or whatever it's near impossible, whale pool hits all blocks before able to even be solved or served by other pools.

What is solution here?
Blaksmith

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 06:58:35 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 08:35:34 AM by Blaksmith

Have we identified which multipool switches over to CAT when difficulty is lower than 10?  They are catching blocks, many per minute, and the rest of the pools just grind out the blocks that are difficulty 20+ to around 70 something then back down to 20.  Given the retarget, that ideally leaves about 10-15 blocks available to be mined by any regular pool (P2Pool, coinium, uk pool, whatever).  I can attest to this because half the time when I jump on coinium; the pool hashrate doubles that's how low it is.

If somebody can identify the specific pool that whales CAT, I will continue to mine.  I want to support this coin but it's on a 24 hour cycle.  Us 10-15 blocks, them about 100 in the mean time.  And we are mining about 23.5 hours, they mine for 0.5 at most.  It seems like to only LOGICAL way to get a consistent payout is to join this particular multipool and then mine specifically under the port dedicated to CAT, so that normal network hashrate occurs for the high difficulty blocks 10-15 at around 80-100MH/s avg network hash rate.

Again it is pointless trying to mine while the well is bottoming out.  From difficulty 10 down to near-zero this large whale pool catches every block sometimes no less than 5 seconds apart.  It's near impossible to catch any blocks under difficulty 10, I've been lucky once and caught a 7 recently on coinium.

When we were on 2 different forks and I was mining both I had the opportunity to watch how a zero-difficulty well pays out to a normal pool (coinium on the WRONG FORK which is the whole insurance bullshit which I'm out 502 CAT from) as compared to the actual fork/dev fork which would get whaled by multipool.

On wrong fork, normal miners could catch near every block on the way down and back up out of the well.  On dev fork or whatever it's near impossible, whale pool hits all blocks before able to even be solved or served by other pools.

What is solution here?

This is a 2 step process to get CAT back fully healthy.  Step one, was to fix all the forks.  Step 2, is the one that is being worked on now, and that is the difficulty re-target.  The current difficulty re-targeting system used right now, has been shown that it will never really converge into a steady state.  The whales hitting it don't help either.  The dev team is now starting to shift from the forking issue to the difficulty re-target issue, using simulations and closed testnet setups (publicly viewable at http://testnet.geekhash.org ) to test actual code for bugs before release.

"Your future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one." Dr. Emmett Brown
Donations welcome: Bitcoin: 1BLAKSMTjnME4ZJX7VzzUyEgbQYLShvqgi Catcoin: 9aw3Ttiz5yMALUm2DUj748cCHYQLatwLPz Unobtanium: uh3bjJua71jFijmz1yAB89KM8mqJEbzrek
Pool owner of: geekhash.org
Crypto King

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:43:53 AM

where are all the miners at, are there more catcoin pools with miners in which are not listed on the thread?
Percy520

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:50:49 AM

when the price will go up?? my poor cat never has a chance to pump...
TheQueen74

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 02:08:02 PM

The dev team is now starting to shift from the forking issue to the difficulty re-target issue, using simulations and closed testnet setups (publicly viewable at http://testnet.geekhash.org ) to test actual code for bugs before release.

Until a solution is found and proven valid, we need some brave and heroic people to keep mining even if the diff is high. Otherwise the network can just get stuck if transactions are not validated.

What is solution here?

--> Keep mining, all this will be sorted out

_TQ

MINING-POOL.CO.UK [0% fees, SSL, PROP/PPLNS] : NYANCOIN - MICROCOIN - DOGECOIN - CATCOIN
horus1

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:48:16 PM

What is solution here?

+1

I mined 9 coins in 12 hours probably at 900khs/s last night.
cryptoreview

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:55:07 PM

The Oprah Winfrey Network show will revive catcoin, thats why im investing while its cheap.

https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=437615013704896512
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: