Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 05:48:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread.  (Read 130957 times)
SlimePuppy

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:17:27 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 04:06:21 AM by SlimePuppy

Just a quick follow-up on my experiences with Cryptsy.

I opened a tech support ticket about 16 days ago (early on in our fork-fest) to try to get Cryptsy to link with the other exchanges and pools to help keep our network together.  At the time, the tool we had in our tool bag was manually linking pools and exchanges into nodes, as the original seed and master nodes deployed with the release of CAT were either off the network or not updated with current code.

I kept the tech support ticket open and continued to update it as our situation changed - as we deployed new network nodes, as we tracked forks, and as we prepared to release the V8.9.10 code and wallets, and finally as we deployed the software and deforked our network.  I also continued to make small transfers in and out to test the system.  This was my own mining proceeds - not from any developers, donors or dev money.

During this less than fun period, some of my test transfers were hung, others lost - including a ~148 CAT transfer out that was about 6 minutes behind a test transfer that worked (I wanted to get my remaining CATs out of the exchange and get them safely in my wallet).

It looks like we've gotten high-level attention at Cryptsy and it looks like they're fixing the problems.  In the past 24 hours I have made three successful deposits into my account at Crypty and two successful withdrawals - for a 100% success rate.  This is very, very good!

Note - I am not saying the problems are solved, I am not saying the tech support ticket is closed!  The ticket remains open and I have no confirmation from Cryptsy that they have identified their problem or have fully solved it.

I'll post an update when the ticket's closed and when anyone on the dev team hears from Cryptsy that they're back at 100%.

Andy
horus1

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:21:43 AM

I mined at catpool.in for a night to test it out, after 2 days my coins are now finally confirmed but there is no manual payout.. Auto payout is set but doesn't seem to work.

When i try to send a support ticket i get an error that it didn't send, LOL

Just a few coins so it's not really a problem, but i guess you better find another pool to mine in..
How many CAT do you have in your account after 'two days' of mining?  How much processing power did you apply there?  What is the pool's minimum CAT payout?

Mining is a business and due diligence is a requirement. Help us help you.

I didn't mine for 2 days, and I didn't post it as a question for help, more like a warning for other miners.
Your warning is useless without supporting details.  Catpool.in has a 1 CAT minimum payout.  I'll file this under 'more FUD from Horus'.

lol, don't really care what you do with it Wink

It had nothing to do with processing or how much coins i mined with 1 cat minimum payout. Maybe try reading better next time? Wasn't that your advise to me few pages back? Not having a way to payout and not having a working support system seems pretty clear to me..

And if you have nothing to add, don't try to troll and don't reply to it.
SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:28:43 AM

Fellow CATians - the info found in the initial post is there because it is the best information available at the time it was posted.

If anyone has any information that a pool, service, link or site is not working or supporting the CAT community, please post details here and we'll get things fixed.  That's a promise.

Four hours ago I put one of my miners on the Catpool.in pool and so far it's working exactly as expected.  Tech support works, the account setup process works, mining works.  If I find that the pool does not work as one would expect, I'll let the pool op know.  If they don't respond, then I'll recommend that we remove the pool from the initial post.

I'll update this post when I have more to add.

Andy
vondi1122

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:01:45 AM

Was mining at coinium and withdrawed 10 Catcoins to my updated wallet. No problems... .

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████
skillface

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:38:30 AM

Seems that you can now view Catcoin overall stats (e.g. Net Hashrate, current value in USD, etc.) on the CAT Information page on Cryptsy.
tuchkov

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:54:07 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 03:47:03 PM by tuchkov

I mined at catpool.in for a night to test it out, after 2 days my coins are now finally confirmed but there is no manual payout.. Auto payout is set but doesn't seem to work.

Just a few coins so it's not really a problem, but i guess you better find another pool to mine in..

http://catchain.info/tx/9411f4b19dae53d68a77249a0188d84dae16e822d5caffef7f19ba32e028dccd#o1

16.27144561 CAT to address 9TvCKUB7KaymBqwLzPNJbjf6be66MdaEPG
Maverickthenoob (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 08:47:46 PM

Seems that you can now view Catcoin overall stats (e.g. Net Hashrate, current value in USD, etc.) on the CAT Information page on Cryptsy.

Unfortunately almost all of that information is wrong.

Board of Directors - Catcoin
Personal: CAT: 9pndWw3qmPiWm2jQRw5pRAVEfJN4LzaD1f  BTC: 1Jo1394CraTgC8bKFzDdEMdks2DroB6VBe
CAT Dev Donation CAT: 9gZpz58KzYr1WKBN8DfPkZPAEt5wfZ4UKT BTC: 1MeRkKfRRfC86BQWEx5gsq68bDHe7dgs3o
vondi1122

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:31:09 AM

Hi guys here's some motivational stuff for you guys:
Stevie boy says it all:

#1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMLcKtVwF-A

and not to forget

#2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj3FOHc-fgA

Cool Grin

horus1

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:20:50 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 02:10:15 PM by horus1

Fellow CATians - the info found in the initial post is there because it is the best information available at the time it was posted.

If anyone has any information that a pool, service, link or site is not working or supporting the CAT community, please post details here and we'll get things fixed.  That's a promise.

Four hours ago I put one of my miners on the Catpool.in pool and so far it's working exactly as expected.  Tech support works, the account setup process works, mining works.  If I find that the pool does not work as one would expect, I'll let the pool op know.  If they don't respond, then I'll recommend that we remove the pool from the initial post.

Andy

I like the OP to be updated, i already told you before that

cat.coinium.org doesn't has a 0% fee but a 1% fee.

Also catpool.in charges a fee, they advertise with 0% fee but when you go to the dashboard:

Account Information
You are mining at 1% pool fee

From my transactions at catpool.in:

4231    horus    2014-02-22 12:01:11    Fee    Confirmed          23909    0.06500342

[EDIT]
teamcatcoin seem to have died? I can't seem to open their webpage for a few days now.

They never replied to support tickets so won't be sad about that..
horus1

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:22:35 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 01:42:33 PM by horus1

http://catchain.info/tx/9411f4b19dae53d68a77249a0188d84dae16e822d5caffef7f19ba32e028dccd#o1

16.27144561 CAT to address 9TvCKUB7KaymBqwLzPNJbjf6be66MdaEPG

Yea I guess they allowed payments again.. the coins arrived.
horus1

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:32:07 PM

If anyone has any information that a pool, service, link or site is not working or supporting the CAT community, please post details here and we'll get things fixed.  That's a promise.

Andy

Are you sure tech support works, because i still can't send a support ticket to catpool.in?

I logged in at catpool.in, click on support and fill in the support form (can't really make mistakes with that, they ask for name, email, subject and problem) and click on "send email" i get this message:

There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.

To be sure it's not my system i tried a different browser, same problem.

So i'm pretty sure support still doesn't work at catpool.in? Did you even test it?
vondi1122

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:13:28 PM

Andy

Are you sure tech support works, because i still can't send a support ticket to catpool.in?

I logged in at catpool.in, click on support and fill in the support form (can't really make mistakes with that, they ask for name, email, subject and problem) and click on "send email" i get this message:

So i'm pretty sure support still doesn't work at catpool.in? Did you even test it?

I would recommend you joining ##catcoin on freenode instead of spamming this thread. Greetings vondi1122

horus1

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:19:50 PM

I have no idea what that is.

Also, he asked to report problems, im giving him the info, so no thnx.
SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:58:52 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 05:05:08 PM by SlimePuppy

Andy

Horus, let me spell this out for you:  When I said that tech support works, that means that I 1. created an account 2. connected a miner and started mining 3. clicked the support tab and completely filled -out the form with my info and question and 4. pressed the submit button.

If at any point that process failed, I would have typed "I agree, the support form appears to be broken".  This, however, is not what happened - the process worked perfectly for me on a Windows 7 machine using Chrome.  Therefore, I posted that the support system works exactly as expected.

As for your suggestion that the pool is advertising a 0% 'fee' while actually charging a 'fee', I'd like to remind you that a 'fee' is a mandatory contribution to a pool, while a DONATION is not mandatory and the miner can increase it, decrease it, or turn it off completely from their account settings tab.  Many pools use this software and the functionality is IDENTICAL across the different pools.  Catpool.in does NOT charge a fee.  They clearly state "This pool does not apply fees and you are not donating." in the account info and "Our pool have no fees!" on the main page.

Coinium's terms of service are clear:

Coinium.org pools rewards miners according to PPLNS system with 0% fee.
http://cat.coinium.org/index.php?page=tac

Coinium does have an OPTIONAL donation, but they do not have a mining fee.  Therefore the OP will not be changed.

edit...  Coinium does charge a 1% fee and this is stated on their main page and in the account info.  I found the single place on their site not yet updated - in their terms and conditions.  I've passed this finding to the folks at Coinium so they can update their terms and conditions page.
horus1

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:40:59 PM

Yes, that's why i call it a fee, not a donation, lol

Since you apparently can't look further then outdated information and look at the facts then you would see at the dashboard that both use a fee of 1%.

Just nevermind..
vondi1122

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:56:28 PM

You are mining at 1% pool fee and you are not donating.

Coinium is applying a 1% fee at this very moment. I can confirm that one.

SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:04:54 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 08:18:06 PM by SlimePuppy

You are mining at 1% pool fee and you are not donating.

Coinium is applying a 1% fee at this very moment. I can confirm that one.
Vondi - I only mine CAT on Coinium and there is nothing in my account or in any of my transactions that show a fee - only my donation percentage.  Can you provide a screen shot or link that shows a pool fee for CAT please?

edit...
Found it - "my account", "dashboard", left side half way down "account information" and I agree.  The full list of fees is also here:
http://www.coinium.org/poolmanager/

That's why I asked for additional information - It saves us all a lot of time.

I'll send it to Maverick to update the OP.
Crypto King

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:33:13 AM

is there any updates about the diamond collar show and is this still happening?
catcoin1

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:00:01 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 12:17:43 PM by catcoin1

Catcoin1

I have a holding in catcoin and i really think catcoin has massive potential to become a well known crypto currency not just for making donations to charities which is great but a currency that can be used to buy things.

I am going to start some development and promotion for catcoin and i really want to see catcoin shine as i believe catcoin can be on par with dogecoin in terms of media attention and development.

Catcoin is currently well undervalued and having only a total of 21,000,000 coins and less than 1,300,000 mined and in circulation the price is very low.

I will be adding to my catcoin holding when i can and im ready to help take catcoin forward.

I will start with saying that the development team have done a great job to get catcoin back again and we should all realise like the Dev team at what great potential we have staring right at us.

All promotion ideas are welcomed and i will keep all updated with what i am working on.

Regards

Catcoin1

vondi1122

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:44:27 AM

Catcoin1

I have a holding in catcoin and i really think catcoin has massive potential to become a well known crypto currency not just for making donations to charities which is great but a currency that can be used to buy things.

I am going to be start some development and promotion for catcoin and i really want to see catcoin shine as i believe catcoin can be on par with dogecoin in terms of media attention and development.

Catcoin is currently well undervalued and having only a total of 21,000,000 coins and less than 1,300,000 mined and in circulation the price is very low.

I will be adding to my catcoin holding when i can and im ready to help take catcoin forward.

I will start with saying that the development team have done a great job to get catcoin back again and we should all realise like the Dev team at what great potential we have staring right at us.

All promotion ideas are welcomed and i will keep all updated with what i am working on.

Regards

Catcoin1

hi,

welcome to the catcoin community Smiley

I think we need something like a catmarket, where people can buy and trade goods. And also we need improvement for our forum, since it seems to be down. www.catcoinforum.com/
Please note that I am not a catcoin dev, just a supporter, but these things come to my mind when I think of improving catcoin.

Greetings vondi1122

Edit: Other than that I can recommend joining the channel ##catcoin on freenode or #catcoin-dev to meet with catcoin devs and supporters. https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: