Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:30:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread.  (Read 130947 times)
kisa2005

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:37:59 PM

Someone dump a lot in Cryptsy and the price drop to 0.0001XXX, this coin seems going to die soon. I slowly lose the faith, loss more than 5btc in this shit coin.

Is not only CAT thats being dumped, but 90% of the alts, including DOGE and some of the previous leaders. Should new money inflow come into BTC space, some of these "shit coins" with active dev and good concept will outperform big time. Its a difficult proposition however, to have long and strong enough patience, and even then success is not guaranteed. So no reason for those who lost patience not to dump - better for the other holders, please sell and CATs land then hopefully in ultra-patient or active hands. In any case, it is worth for the biggish holders to support the devs / donate / work on promotion outside... You are either part of this coin, or noone else to blame really - we didn't buy some service from a certain company, stuff happens, there is so much competition among alts - pick your winner and you might get lucky elsewhere... Wink
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:57:50 PM

Someone dump a lot in Cryptsy and the price drop to 0.0001XXX, this coin seems going to die soon. I slowly lose the faith, loss more than 5btc in this shit coin.

Is not only CAT thats being dumped, but 90% of the alts, including DOGE and some of the previous leaders. Should new money inflow come into BTC space, some of these "shit coins" with active dev and good concept will outperform big time. Its a difficult proposition however, to have long and strong enough patience, and even then success is not guaranteed. So no reason for those who lost patience not to dump - better for the other holders, please sell and CATs land then hopefully in ultra-patient or active hands. In any case, it is worth for the biggish holders to support the devs / donate / work on promotion outside... You are either part of this coin, or noone else to blame really - we didn't buy some service from a certain company, stuff happens, there is so much competition among alts - pick your winner and you might get lucky elsewhere... Wink

Totally agreed, I think Percy should take this as any investment, and with every investment you can win or lose money but the thing about catcoin, is that it has a lot of good stuff and one of the most important is a supporting and great community that stands strong despite the critical hits the coin got hit with (if it was any other altcoin it would have been long dead).

Percy I will not tell you not to dump or buy Catcoin, because that's an important decision and I'm sure you know better than me on this matter, but here is my opinion : people are still working and supporting Catcoin and that's on it self is a positive thing, also the value right now of the coin is quite low and it's a reason for me to not sell I prefer lose everything (as the price is too low) or wait for catcoin to come back on top with a strong value and get a good benefice (this is me and in no regard I'm suggesting you to do so).

And I will support Catcoin till the end of time! Cheesy and remember cats has 7 lives ! so I'm not worried as long as work is done
SlimePuppy

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:10:10 AM

Hmmm.....

https://twitter.com/CatoshiNakamoto
Percy520

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:10:42 AM

Totally agreed, I think Percy should take this as any investment, and with every investment you can win or lose money but the thing about catcoin, is that it has a lot of good stuff and one of the most important is a supporting and great community that stands strong despite the critical hits the coin got hit with (if it was any other altcoin it would have been long dead).

Percy I will not tell you not to dump or buy Catcoin, because that's an important decision and I'm sure you know better than me on this matter, but here is my opinion : people are still working and supporting Catcoin and that's on it self is a positive thing, also the value right now of the coin is quite low and it's a reason for me to not sell I prefer lose everything (as the price is too low) or wait for catcoin to come back on top with a strong value and get a good benefice (this is me and in no regard I'm suggesting you to do so).

And I will support Catcoin till the end of time! Cheesy and remember cats has 7 lives ! so I'm not worried as long as work is done
Thanks for the advice. You are right, I am not going to sell any cat coins. I already lost 6 btc and it will not make much difference if loss all as it is only worth about 2 btc at today's price.
johnny_non

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:10:33 AM

Sadly it has been brought to my attention that Catcoin will not be on the OWN network as we were lead to believe...
Patrick McDonnell of Coyote WallStreet was responsible for creating this impression. i apologize for any misrepresentation i may have made due to the hoax news articles created by him...

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
skillface

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:20:58 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 01:38:01 AM by skillface

Sadly it has been brought to my attention that Catcoin will not be on the OWN network as we were lead to believe...
Patrick McDonnell of Coyote WallStreet was responsible for creating this impression. i apologize for any misrepresentation i may have made due to the hoax news articles created by him...

Oh boy.

At least it's now safe to say that he's officially bad news. He's even gone and deleted his twitter account and created a new one: @sexcoindev, so it seems that all the rumors surrounding him are true after all.

I can't see this helping Catcoin's reputation anytime soon.

EDIT: Seems he's also gone and deleted @sexcoindev.
johnny_non

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:40:19 AM

Oh boy.

At least it's now safe to say that he's officially bad news. He's even gone and deleted his twitter account and created a new one: @sexcoindev, so it seems that all the rumors surrounding him are true after all.

I can't see this helping Catcoin's reputation anytime soon though.

EDIT: Seems he's also gone and deleted @sexcoindev.
I agree, it is not good news and i am disappointed as much as anybody else about this... However it did put me in direct contact with the actual people from the diamond collar. and though there is no promise of them taking crypto currencies at the moment catcoin is at the top of the list if they do decide to

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
skillface

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:41:58 AM

I agree, it is not good news and i am disappointed as much as anybody else about this... However it did put me in direct contact with the actual people from the diamond collar. and though there is no promise of them taking crypto currencies at the moment catcoin is at the top of the list if they do decide to

So wait they aren't even taking Dogecoin?
johnny_non

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:23:07 AM

So wait they aren't even taking Dogecoin?

They are not taking any coins, no crypto the whole thing was made up by Patrick McDonnell. He was never a representative of or for The Diamond Collar or the OWN network. He made those claims himself and submitted those articles himself. All of which were false information. This is a fact i didn't learn until yesterday, when i spoke with Madelena Perrelli of The Diamond Collar, where she informed me that the fininshed filming in September...

coin-table

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:56:13 PM

Hi,

I'm running the site http://www.crypto-coins-table.com.

I have listed your coin already. To provide the full information
for all users you can update the information here:

http://www.crypto-coins-table.com/index.php?var_action=coin_details&coin_id=CAT

regards

Stellar Lumens an easy introduction - https://stellarkitty.com
catoshi

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:49:45 AM

VOTE FOR CAT https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=529591 PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

CATS RULE - DOGS DRULE!
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:20:35 AM

Let's make the Cat alive again. Wink
mrrtderp

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:56:54 AM

Cockroach!
catoshi

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:44:48 PM

its amazing Cat is surviving everything it has so far.. How many lives does this cat have?

CATS RULE - DOGS DRULE!
Crypto King

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:00:59 PM

Let's make the Cat alive again. Wink

We all really need to come together and do this, the dev team have got catcoin going again and looks to be stable, we really need to consider these big scrypt asics that are coming and be prepared. Catcoin is a tough cat and will survive, catcoin is a rarecoin to me and totally the opposite to dogecoin and we want to keep it rare, theres hardly any coins been mined and hardly any in circulation, we need to bring alot of promotion, get accepted as a method of payment but also take catcoin into a proffesional direction, lets get accepted by some retailers.

Catcoin needs a strong community to come together and all work on some common goals, make some headlines, bring some new investors on board.
Blaksmith

Activity: 189

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 02:49:23 AM

At the time of this post, only 60 more blocks till the fork! Is everyone ready??  I know I am!!!!

This last dip that we went through should be the very last dip like that for CAT!  The estimated calc of when the fork block will hit, should be just as the next dip tries to start, and difficulty should be somewhere around 20, with block times just starting to get into 1 minute blocks, but with the average of the previous 8 blocks, should lock it into a fairly stable steady state quickly.

The reason for picking that point, is so that it should just about be the true net hash rate for the coin, and not have to swing way up or way down to lock into the stable state that we are aiming for.

Again, it is my fault that we took a full extra week to get to this point.  I should have used 72 blocks per dip, instead of 144.  At least it can't be stated that "we never gave enough time!" hehe.

Let's get this Cat to the next level, and break out the play toys!

Blak

"Your future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one." Dr. Emmett Brown
Donations welcome: Bitcoin: 1BLAKSMTjnME4ZJX7VzzUyEgbQYLShvqgi Catcoin: 9aw3Ttiz5yMALUm2DUj748cCHYQLatwLPz Unobtanium: uh3bjJua71jFijmz1yAB89KM8mqJEbzrek
Pool owner of: geekhash.org
skillface

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:59:47 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 02:38:05 PM by skillface

Interested in seeing how the new difficulty algorithm performs, not at home though for the next week so I guess I'll be living vicariously through you lot lol
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:09:43 PM

Bring those hashs guys come on!
etblvu1

Activity: 213

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:28:14 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 06:40:11 PM by etblvu1

Update from Etblvu1

We seem to be up to a smooth start of the PID era of difficulty adjustment. A lot of hard work went into making this transition, and congratulations are in order for everyone that put time and effort into making this transition. We are now in a new era where wild and regular swings in difficulty no longer occur. We also have more unity in the community - and the process of implementing this algorithm was open and transparent - with potential algorithms all receiving fair consideration - and every algorithm sponsor receiving fair notice and opportunity to participate in the testing process - so unlike with past hard forks - we should not see division and bad feelings of something feeling like having been forced on the community - our Coin is finally growing up. As bonus, our Coin now has a uniqueness of a difficulty adjustment algorithm with based on an interesting and compelling industrial back story, that will add to the character of our coin, to add to value inherent in the scarcity of our Coin, to make it stand out from the pack.

With the recent bad news about the Oprah network promotion not working out, and Bitcoin-related news depressing cryptocurrencies generally, it is a good day to have this new development. It is like a new morning for our Coin.

If by chance you are still running an old client, i.e., you have not updated your Catcoin client within the past couple of weeks - now is the time to install the new 9.0.0. PID update. You can find this on the first posting of this thread. By updating, you will be doing your part to support our Coin and minimize the risk possible disruptions in the network from too many clients running an outdated version. So update now. Let your friends who may be running the older client know also, to upgrade now.

Thank you for your time, and have a good rest of the weekend.

Etblvu1
SlimePuppy

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:55:25 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 08:12:12 PM by SlimePuppy

DEV FLASH

Ok CATs, here's the latest official update on our transition to our new CAT environment.

Our hard-fork completed successfully at block 27260.  While we expect the code to lock-in and reliably track 8-10 minute blocks, it will not adjust instantly.

As (unfortunately) expected, the block explorer and charts at catcoin.biz are NOT updated.  Do not rely on those tools.

We have a block explorer running here:  http://blocks.catstat.info:2750/chain/Catcoin
And a chart available here:  http://www.catstat.info/
Please use these tools - they are the only ones known to be updated and accurate.

It appears that there are still enough old clients/wallets/pools in the wild and that they are on their own fork.  As of this writing, they are on block 27275 rather than 27266.  Given some time they'll be locked out of the network.

Exchanges:  Cryptsy was the first pool or exchange notified of the hard fork and as of this writing they still have not responded to the trouble ticket requesting that they upgrade.  We do not recommend sending coins to them or withdrawing coins from them until they confirm they have upgraded.  I still have a trouble ticket open with them from January and am still missing more than 144 CAT from the old fork-fest that Cryptsy hasn't found.  Please don't risk your coins until we know for sure.

For the new folks - wallets are linked in the original post of this thread, as is source code.  The info is also here:

Welcome to Version 0.9.0.0-PID-beta!

The MAC wallet is updated - the link in the OP will get you the current wallet as well.
http://www.catcoinwallets.com/mac/Catcoin-Qt.dmg
SHA256: 7E8D8C1C481B98668ED5ADD679442A8966D3B18138ACA41510F160218F3872B3

MS Windows Wallet packages are available in two flavors:

Self-extracting 7zip archive:
http://www.catcoinwallets.com/win/catcoin090PID.exe
SHA256: 73971C3D15B693FF294C91A2C0B856CF11DFB78E08E553040B395DBF48BF94C1

Regular zip archive:
http://www.catcoinwallets.com/win/catcoin090PID.zip
SHA256: 601DF2324E041D179D06AA260054F89BFFDE1F6AB9EBB2CB3499116A419A83F1

If you want to build a Windows catcoind.exe or wallet from source, the source is here:
https://github.com/CatcoinOfficial/CatcoinRelease

And build instructions are here:
http://www.catcoinwallets.com/win/catcoin_wallet_build_windows.pdf

DEV FLASH
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: