Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:39:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which cryptocurrency should I invest in, in 2018? Why?  (Read 3498 times)
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:40:25 PM

Bitcoin is the most promising in forever so this also we should invest on long term investment and Ethereum is a stable investment on long term so we should buy these two coins it will never failed and This year we do not predict the crypto hype so stay hold for next year itself.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allgetshigh

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:55:11 PM

Bitcoin is the most promising in forever so this also we should invest on long term investment and Ethereum is a stable investment on long term so we should buy these two coins it will never failed and This year we do not predict the crypto hype so stay hold for next year itself.

Just buy 25% BTC, 35% Ethereum, 10% Stellar (XLM get 10X in 2019 - Exchange + Microsoft + IBM) and take a some Cardano, Ontology and NEO to change... But on the other hand, invest only what you are not afraid to lose at all.
k1ng0fBTC

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:10:24 AM

I’m going to be accumulating the majority of the coins below over the course of 2018 Q1—I’m a big believer in a diversified portfolio.

Especially in crypto.

I split coins into 3 tiers. Coins in tiers 1 & 2 I will be continuously adding to my holdings throughout Q1.

I based these tiers on my investment strategy, I highly suggest creating a strategy before investing in anything.

You need to have a goal that you’re working towards, and a framework for how you want to reach that goal.

My goal is to increase my holdings of Tier 1 & 2 coins, by trading coins from tier 3 on a short-medium time frame (2–6 months).

I also margin trade Tier 1 & 2 coins and use profits to increase my overall $BTC position.

Don’t margin trade.

It’s bad.

Not margin trading is rule #8 in my “10 Crypto Commandments”.

Some of these coins I don’t believe in as long term investments.

Most of the time, the criteria I use to pick coins starts fundamentally with the team, roadmap, and community.

Once I’ve deemed a coin as “Fundamentally Strong”, I then go into the charts and apply Technical Analysis to determine if I can get a solid entry point.

Sometimes, I’ll see a coin I don’t think will last in the long run, but the chart is just too pretty to say no. I will denote these coins with an [X] by their name.

Cliche Disclaimer: none of this is financial advice, don’t even listen to me, I’m a random person on the internet — I could be full of sh*t and you wouldn’t know it.

Do your own research and only ever invest what you can afford to lose.

Tier 1

Bitcoin ($BTC)

I always hold at least a little BTC. Bitcoin is the market leader, and until that changes, I will always hedge against my Altcoin investments with Bitcoin. I typically have any where from 10–30% of my portfolio in Bitcoin depending on Bitcoin dominance at that time.

Bitcoin dominance refers to the percentage of the total cryptocurrency market share which is held by Bitcoin. You can check the live stat here.

The link also shows the market dominance of the other major coins on the market- spend some time getting to know the chart and notice how coins market caps correlate negatively or positively with each other.

Understanding the market cycles of crypto is pivotal to successful investing.

Tier 2

Neo ($NEO) & Ethereum ($ETH)

Image courtesy of CoinSutra

ETH and NEO are competitors. They solve the same problems, are both serious coins with large market caps, and I hold both as long term investments.

I’m not hedging against my bets by investing in competitors. It’s feasible to me that these two entities could co-exist in the future in a fashion similar to how Apple and Samsung coexist.
My choice is always the bitcoin, the king, the superstar, the role model of crypto market, bitcoin is the currency which has highest valuation among all crypto currencies and moreover if we look at other statistics like growth graph, profit ratio then bitcoin tops the every criteria, and moreover bitcoin has the minimum valuation in recent time so I think this is the best time to invest into the bitcoin and I think this is the best coin to invest in 2018
Interesting information. Thanks for sharing us your thoughts. I really appreciate this. It is good to split your investment in different coins. By this way you will be mentally relaxed. If one coin drops other will increase and your investment volume will remain constant. Holding will give you good profits.
Husecomang

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:03:39 AM

Etehrum is expanding the community. For me, investing in etehrum will be the right choice. I believe etehrum will become stronger in 2018.

I am not agree with you, because price of bitcoin is getting better so we should prefer buying the coin which will be low in price, bitcoin is not too much high in price and buying bitcoin right now can give us profit, as long term investment nothing can be more valuable than bitcoin, because when we hold bitcoin it surely rise in price and we get profit at the end, so now is the best time to buy some bitcoin and hold them till the end of 2018, I am sure you will not regret for your decision.
That ethereum coin is also I would like to invest this 2018, because it has many uses, it can be use directly as gas for tokens to be traded in the different sites  , and it is establishing its name in the coin market next to bitcoin and aside from it, it is not big value when we want to invest unlike bitcoin which has a great value for investment.
If you have lots of money then bitcoin should be your first choice and if you have small investment then you have different options for investment. Ethereum is on the top in Altcoin and then Ripple and litecoin and many more. All are good and will give you good profits in the future, just need patience and courage and if you have these qualities then you can earn money from crypto.
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:54:58 AM

Many option to investing our money right now. There is more than 1600 different coin in market and we should choosing wisely. I am holding several different coin right now and my choice are INXS, MWAT, ETH, WAN, and MAN, but again this is not investment advice
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:53:04 AM

Why dont you try checking Trade.io coin and you may find out how good it is,and looking back since this was just a newly created coin compared to others this has been pumped couple of times though it drops a value but yet the market cap is a proof of being potentially futuristic coins,i have been holding this since the time the distribution of bounty and i will continue to hold for a year
tudglien

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:58:10 AM

It's hard to choose this year, and luckily I sold some bitcoin this January, and now my strategy is to keep waiting.
vessing

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:39:56 AM

I used to wonder which crypto currency to invest, but after bitcoin suddenly collapsed, now I just catch the moment and trade intuitively at the rate, invest for a short time
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:59:47 AM

If peoples using margin to trade cryptocurrency, i am believe they not invest but speculating. Using margin trading very high risk and its require good skill to analys market fluctuation.
Many option in cryptocurrency if we want to invest in 2018, but its good choice if we investing on tier 1 and tier 2 like bitcoin, ethereum and neo. Its good coin to hold in long term

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
Himanshu111

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:10:56 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2018, 07:39:04 PM by Himanshu111

Etehrum is expanding the community. For me, investing in etehrum will be the right choice. I believe etehrum will become stronger in 2018.

I am not agree with you, because price of bitcoin is getting better so we should prefer buying the coin which will be low in price, bitcoin is not too much high in price and buying bitcoin right now can give us profit, as long term investment nothing can be more valuable than bitcoin, because when we hold bitcoin it surely rise in price and we get profit at the end, so now is the best time to buy some bitcoin and hold them till the end of 2018, I am sure you will not regret for your decision.
That ethereum coin is also I would like to invest this 2018, because it has many uses, it can be use directly as gas for tokens to be traded in the different sites  , and it is establishing its name in the coin market next to bitcoin and aside from it, it is not big value when we want to invest unlike bitcoin which has a great value for investment.
If you have lots of money then bitcoin should be your first choice and if you have small investment then you have different options for investment. Ethereum is on the top in Altcoin and then Ripple and litecoin and many more. All are good and will give you good profits in the future, just need patience and courage and if you have these qualities then you can earn money from crypto.
In my opinion it is bitcoin only in which I will invest in 2018 also.Although the prices are down from quite some time but still it is the number one cryptocurrency in the market and has a lot of potential to create new records.Bitcoin has a lot of users all over the world.It is banned in some nations but still many support it also.Although there are some fluctuations in the price of bitcoin but still people prefer it alot.People hold their bitcoins for future rise in price.
yyourboss

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:32:44 PM

At any time, bitcoin and etehrum are coins that must be invested, as if you had to buy dollars.
indayburakday012

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:36:04 PM

Yeah it seems that you had plan already on you crypto investment and this is what good about getting involve in cryptocurrency because it will help you a lot to achieve success. Anyway all the above mentions of your choice of crypto are good and but still consider some crypto being introduced by other members here like eos.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:18:42 PM

Obviously this year is a down cycle, in such a cycle investment Bitcoin is the best choice, do not buy other coins, which will cost you more.

Like always there are going to be some exceptions but I agree with this advice we are in a cycle that is not going to bring too many profits, only those that are very good can make money right now, the rest of us should concentrate on not losing too much money and the best way to do that is by holding bitcoin, once it is clear we got out of this cycle then investing in other coins could be a good idea.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
anavir

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:21:58 PM

It is still bitcoin for me,because it has many investors already,meaning bitcoin is will supported.Next to bitcoin is ethereum.Ethereum shows good movement too

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
TheNotoriouss

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:13:48 PM

Investing in crypto is very risky, l suggest to try ICO investment, they're risky but less. With you analytic skills you could minimize your risk. I'm looking forward to invest in this upcoming ICO project, what is your thoughts https://medium.com/@kelvinchain/the-post-quantum-era-of-blockchain-todays-solutions-for-the-world-of-tomorrow-16bdd970f49a?
tutorroma

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:44:26 PM

The best investment opportunity this year may be Eos, even though the price is now high, but the EOS community is strong enough for the big consortium to enter.

Pemburu dollar

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:15:15 PM

2018 may be a market that has been falling, holding a better choice for your bitcoin in such a market.

I think Cryptocurrency sprang up everywhere like Bitcoin because this is the first of every peer-to-peer network, providing coins and trading platforms, also has its own blockchain, its current market capitalization, its price, its scalability, and its popularity is hard to ignore. and will stay for a long time. so the advice I would give is that any crypto currency that is not only there to serve as a coin or a trading asset but provide more services will definitely survive and you can invest in it in the long run.
mybtcasset

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:16:41 PM

Neo is the most prefered coin to invest the main reason behind neo coin is their development and tie-ups we can expect neo coin to rise to top 5 crypto coins
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:18:06 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2018, 07:56:55 PM by tylerderden

2018 may be a market that has been falling, holding a better choice for your bitcoin in such a market.

I think Cryptocurrency sprang up everywhere like Bitcoin because this is the first of every peer-to-peer network, providing coins and trading platforms, also has its own blockchain, its current market capitalization, its price, its scalability, and its popularity is hard to ignore. and will stay for a long time. so the advice I would give is that any crypto currency that is not only there to serve as a coin or a trading asset but provide more services will definitely survive and you can invest in it in the long run.

I think you should put your money in bitcoin itself as it have dropped so much in value from the start of the year 2018, so when it gets backup then it will be a more than 2x gain for the investors, so it's better to invest in Bitcoin than in other crypto. And even there have been times when bitcoin increased in value and other crypto were still of the same price so that would be dangerous if you invest in altcoins.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:56:58 PM

Investing in crypto is very risky, l suggest to try ICO investment, they're risky but less. With you analytic skills you could minimize your risk. I'm looking forward to invest in this upcoming ICO project, what is your thoughts https://medium.com/@kelvinchain/the-post-quantum-era-of-blockchain-todays-solutions-for-the-world-of-tomorrow-16bdd970f49a?
Although bitcoin can be the first options for all the investors and traders, but still if a person is interested to invest their money in some other places in crypto world, then he need to study the market and after good satisfaction should choose a right place for his investment. Actually a lot of altcoins are there which can be consider as the best place for your investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: