Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:17:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ALIAS (prev. XSPEC) | Anonymous | PoSv3 & PoAS | Tor | Ring Signatures  (Read 36068 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (6 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 01:21:10 AM

SPECTRECOIN v3.x NEW RELEASE

The Spectrecoin Foundation is thrilled to present the release of Spectrecoin v3.x with our novel ‘Proof-of-Anonymous-Stake’ protocol. This release has been nearly 10 months in development and testing and introduces the first fully anonymous staking system on a trustless setup. In addition, there are other major changes in v3.x. The block time will increase to 96 seconds and the stake reward will be fixed per block.  The reward for a block staked with SPECTRE (PoAS) will be 3 SPECTRE. The reward for a block staked with XSPEC (PoSv3), will be 2 XSPEC. This will slightly decrease inflation over time.

You MUST update your wallet and reindex the blockchain or use the bootstrap method before the hard-fork which will be at the following time:

Code:
17/05/2019 (17th May 2019)
2000 GMT (UTC) London, UK time
2300 hours Moscow Standard Time (MSK) / Eastern European Time (EET)
1600 hours Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) US

Please check your time-zone to find out when the changes are introduced where you are if this is relevant to you. Once you have updated your wallet to v3.x you can just resume staking as normal and once the new rules have been activated you can then start using the PoAS protocol. Once the hard-fork has occurred and the new rules are in effect we will make an announcement shortly after here and on Blockfolio Signal so you know that you can start ‘Stealth Staking’.

We have published an update guide on our usual newsletter site so please have a quick look at this before you go ahead and update your wallet. If you do not update the wallet, you will simply be left out after the fork and you will be on an abandoned v2 chain. So, please update your wallet as soon as possible.

https://news.spectreproject.io/spectrecoin-v3-x-upgrade-guide/
https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/releases/tag/3.0.8

A big step?
reZpaR

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 04:53:23 AM

A big step?

Bigger than most.
XSPEC-team (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 50

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 06:04:38 AM

A big step?

It is a big step forward for PoS coins, as we are the first to redesign the PoS protocol to use ring-signatures in the staking transactions, rather than then 'normal' UTXOs used by other PoS coins. Now, there are very few coins if any built around this code base in the first place, so we wouldn't expect to see many similar projects. Spectrecoin is now becoming a total privacy solution as long as you keep your balance in SPECTRE. Private transactions using ring-signatures, staking using ring-signatures, Tor hidden services nodes only and a lot of other bespoke algorithms dealing with splitting and consolidating anonymous outputs on the blockchain.

So, in fact, if you keep a balance of SPECTRE and run your wallet, you generate anonymous money on your computer or even a Raspberry Pi. Can I remind you that Spectrecoin has a very simple and ultra stable Raspberry Pi setup, just burn the image to an SD memory card and start generating anonymous money with very little energy use. It makes you wonder why anyone would invest and mine non-anonymous coins when you can easily set-and-forget a Spectrecoin Raspi staking box to generate an income.

https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/releases/download/3.0.8/Spectrecoin-3.0.8-69e1d6cd-RaspbianLight.zip

Anonymous staking, Tor hidden services, automatic wallet updates from the Raspberry Pi UI - thats innovation.

Get the new Spectrecoin v3 and see for yourself

https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/releases/tag/3.0.8

A big step?

A massive yes!

Riboflavv

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 09:33:30 PM

I have already updated to v3 now.

When the fork happens in 2.5 weeks, we can start stealthstaking right away, but it is probably recommended to switch your coins to spectre after the fork for staking.
vesper188

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 09:27:27 AM

So i need to update my wallet before fork ? I have latest version not upgraded since few months
reZpaR

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 09:41:13 AM

So i need to update my wallet before fork ? I have latest version not upgraded since few months

If you haven't upgraded in month, then you don't have the latest version...

https://news.spectreproject.io/spectrecoin-v3-x-upgrade-guide/

If you don't upgrade before the fork, then all transactions and stakes will be obsolete on the new v3 chain when the fork happens.
endfx

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 10:33:57 AM

I have already updated to v3 now.

When the fork happens in 2.5 weeks, we can start stealthstaking right away, but it is probably recommended to switch your coins to spectre after the fork for staking.

Why is it better to stake spectre after fork?
igorttomic
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 02:33:50 PM

Spectrecoin v3 "Stealth Staking": https://www.publish0x.com/spectrecoin-xspec-official-blog/spectrecoin-v3-stealth-staking-xvrzgr

Check out Publish0x BitcoinTalk ANN here. Publish0x is a crypto agnostic publishing platform on which both authors and readers earn crypto. Connect via Telegram - http://t.me/Publish0x
reZpaR

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 09:57:28 PM

Why is it better to stake spectre after fork?

Higher staking reward.
See the comparison.

https://www.publish0x.com/spectrecoin-fans/spectrecoins-new-v3-detail-prepare-for-a-change-xxxqp
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 10:24:58 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2019, 10:44:52 AM by versprichnix

I cannot run v3.0.8 twice on ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS. The first start is ok. After halting and restarting, it shows an error message: "Cannot obtain a lock on data directory /home/xspec/.spectrecoin. Spectrecoin is probably already running." (yes I waited long enough before the next start)

The behaviour is repeatable. And the operating system has to be rebootet (logoff is not enough), than I have another run, but only once again. I tried on a second system, same problem.

After halting the wallet, I have a shitload of 50 threads running further. The shitload of jobs seems to belong to the linux system itself, incredible.

Logout is not possible, or takes very long.
reZpaR

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 10:49:14 AM

I cannot run v3.0.8 twice on ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS. The first start is ok. After halting and restarting, it shows an error message: "Cannot obtain a lock on data directory /home/xspec/.spectrecoin. Spectrecoin is probably already running." (yes I waited long enough before the next start)

The behaviour is repeatable. And the operating system has to be rebootet (logoff is not enough), than I have another run, but only once again. I tried on a second system, same problem.

After halting the wallet, I have a shitload of 50 threads running further. The shitload of jobs seems to belong to the linux system itself, incredible.

Logout is not possible, or takes very long.

Spectrecoins Discord is probably the better place to ask. There is a dedicated wallet help support channel and the Linux dev as well.
versprichnix

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 11:07:01 AM

I noticed an installation of "mc" (midnight commander) in the documentation, and  I believe this is not a necessity for an installation of any wallet, and compromises my system. No, I do not use discord.
someiotanow

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 11:18:38 AM

@reZpaR
As a quick fix:
If you can't restart spectrecoin again.You have to close the process "spectrecoin_3.0.8" (or any other version until this is fixed)

I have reported the issue already on discord,because I have the same problem.
versprichnix

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 01:46:03 PM

@reZpaR
As a quick fix:
If you can't restart spectrecoin again.You have to close the process "spectrecoin_3.0.8" (or any other version until this is fixed)

I have reported the issue already on discord,because I have the same problem.

This is a workaround, thanks. I can at least switch to version 3, fine. It has to be a hard kill (kill -9).
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 2212

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 01:52:06 PM

Will the .dat wallet files still work in the new wallet? Can't remember if I took the private key or just the wallet, probably got both but thought I'd check.
someiotanow

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 03:52:03 PM

Yes, as far as I know you just need the wallet.dat. Anyway the wallet.dat contains all the private keys. In worst case you would have to extract them by the old version. (If I'm wrong)
dragonvslinux
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 04:13:54 PM

Yes, as far as I know you just need the wallet.dat. Anyway the wallet.dat contains all the private keys. In worst case you would have to extract them by the old version. (If I'm wrong)

True, I would only need to extract them from the old wallet (hence I'll keep it as a backup for now  Wink), thought I'd check it's still the same wallet files required though.
someiotanow

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 12:15:40 PM

WOW xspec made a nice move to moon. Almost one dollar on crex24. BTCBTCBTC NOICE!
over 70% up on CMC  Cool
dragonvslinux
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 12:41:37 PM

WOW xspec made a nice move to moon. Almost one dollar on crex24. BTCBTCBTC NOICE!
over 70% up on CMC  Cool

Does anyone have any ideas of why this pump is happening? Is it to do with the stealth staking maybe? I know it's not because Bitcoin has moved up again, since Bitcoin's dominance is continuing to rise and therefore most altcoins are losing their Satoshi value, whereas Spectrecoin's sat value is rising nicely.
Icwt

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 08:18:24 PM

Stealth staking will be a big part of it. Also helps that XSPEC was mentioned in Blockfolios signal today
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: