Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:14:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ALIAS (prev. XSPEC) | Anonymous | PoSv3 & PoAS | Tor | Ring Signatures  (Read 36058 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (6 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
GlobalProtection

Activity: 552
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 03:43:37 AM

.....This exchange is a NO-KYC exchange and you only need an e-mail to trade SPECTRE.....

......In this day and age with increasing surveillance and KYC procedures, we encourage everyone to support these rare exchanges so we can continue to trade in private in the future.

A beautiful description of your wonderful exchange.  Thank you.

If both the legal big tech criminals and legal government criminals can see your data, so can the illegal criminals.  Swiss based online privacy and data protection is the solution.

Use coupon code:  "Digital Swiss Safe" to obtain 10% off of the Swiss Crypto Safe price here > https://www.securesafe.com/en/faq/
XSPEC-team (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 50

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 09:01:49 PM

Have you ever had similar project here at BCT? Seems like I've already seen such project here. Maybe i am mistaken though...

There has never been a project with anonymous staking via ring signatures, we are the first with that.  Grin

Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 09:39:00 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2019, 09:54:55 AM by Gandalf86

I know that the majority of the XSPEC team doesn't want me to participate, but what this coin is lacking right now is a greater vision. Technology is not everything, you need a public plan on how to receive large-scale adoption in the future. And you need big goals to stimulate investments. The current roadmap is very realistic but it doesn't really carry the fire necessary to make people invest in it.

In the very beginning such a "big goal" was to be adopted for remittances and to build a digital version of the Hawala system. Maybe the time has passed on that but this is the scale that a coin should aim for, in order to motivate people to place a bet on it, make an investment or to stay invested even in bear markets. So basically we need to find a position in the market that we want Spectrecoin to fill. Should it become the main currency used in Darknet markets? Maybe it could become the defacto currency used for buying anonymous services (VPN, anonymous root servers etc.) on the Internet? That might be realistic and is a good goal to work towards. So when the goal is fixed then you can start getting in contact with VPN providers, build partnerships etc.... Just an idea.  Wink

And for the marketing vocabulary I would suggest to incorporate the word "lightweight", as it represents the advantage that PoS has over anonymous PoW coins on an emotionally accessible level.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
XSPEC-team (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2019, 09:42:28 PM

I think that we are still building the foundations we need to stand on if we are to survive into to future. There is no point in having lofty goals if you can't deliver. We and most other crypto projects have such a limited reach and I am sure that 99.9% of the population has never even heard of Spectrecoin or even Monero. Most people don't read Bitcointalk, Discord or watch the Twitter or read the newsletters. I think we need to secure funding, retain good developers and then marketing needs to happen.

In any case, in order to get used as payment, we need to get listed on major exchanges and do that we need trade volume but nobody is trading. Then there are all the AML / KYC regulations, not so much for us, but for any legit business that would work with us.

It's all well and good to say that we want to be this and that, but we also need a realistic way to get there.

Pet Badger

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 11:32:46 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2019, 12:02:26 AM by Pet Badger

** Sorry, I'm not able to access Discord right now (I promise to delete or otherwise tinker with this message upon achieving the end desired). **

Over with the tumbleweeds and Monero community on the Bisq platform ( https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/bisq/ , https://bisq.network/markets/ ), there's a Willing-to-buy (XSPEC) order that's 35% higher than the highest sell-offer on Livecoin (this, or similar, can be expected on almost any given weekend).

As indicated before, the Bisq platform is a decentralized exchange where the coins don't leave your computer and get sent to some honeypot in say... the U.K. or the Netherlands... or New Zealand (Cryptopia).  It also avoids situations like this:
https://www.coindesk.com/quadrigacx-crypto-exchange-users-say-they-still-cant-get-their-money-out . Bisq operates over TOR natively and assigns the traders .onion addresses.

Notably, for citizens of the "Land of the Free", since the coins are in your possession and not in a "Foreign Financial Account" there is no FBAR reporting requirement that is expected to be filed with the U.S. Treasury each year.  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_Secrecy_Act#FBAR -- the penalties for reporting falsely or not reporting are noted on the form with virtually medieval penalties of five years in prison and/or $10,000 for each instance).  Truly nasty stuff ...  That form is intended to force people to report their maximum balances annually in say Switzerland, the Bahamas, Panama, and other "offshore" tax havens -- people don't realize or choose to ignore how the State probably views crypto-exchanges.  I don't think that self-serving, mendacious, mercantilist, con-man president is likely to drop that requirement to file with the Treasury (in addition to the IRS-filing) anytime soon; and, unfortunately, I don't think Andrew Yang will win the election in 2020.

As a tool against encroaching serfdom (the situation those people protesting in Hong Kong are facing), I think Spectrecoin should focus on code-review, long-term planning, and maintaining a viable product.  Marketing is important as a secondary priority but there are the cliches about "making a silk purse out of a sow's ear" and "selling the sizzle and not the steak" that need to be considered too. I think too many in crypto want to become insta-billionaires and are not focused on principles, ideals, or the long-term.   Many are probably looking at trading (into bitcoin or fiat/statist/Empire-currency) when the real, long-term prize is really considering the PoS character as potentially a viable income source not so tied into the ethically-bankrupt political-banking/debt symbiosis.

Moreover, in society at large (where corporations are treated as "people" that can flout laws internationally far into the future and many people seem to let their emotions or tribalism dictate their conduct) I think people need to look into stuff like:  
www.seasteading.org and https://www.mars-one.com/about-mars-one/current-mission-status.  Hopefully there'll be more political and economic options someday -- preferably, IMO, incorporating ideas along the lines of this: https://www.amazon.com/Liberalism-Lib-Works-Ludwig-Mises/dp/0865975868  or this: Karl Popper [ https://www.amazon.com/Open-Society-Its-Enemies-One/dp/0691158134 or this:
 https://oll.libertyfund.org/titles/spencer-the-man-versus-the-state-with-six-essays-on-government-society-and-freedom-lf-ed , the voluntary taxation scheme advocated at this "joke" site: http://gunsanddopeparty.net/spooner.html (see especially L.S.'s excellent "No Treason" series of essays: https://oll.libertyfund.org/people/lysander-spooner -- these should be required reading for everyone that ever had a civics class in high school , or maybe some Buckminster Fuller futurism (_Critical Path_, _Grunch of Giants_).

Anyway, someone please give that Bisq order (and Bisq in general) some consideration and make 20 or 30 bucks off my generosity.
Beachguy2

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

Spectrecoin Community Manager,prev acct hacked

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 04:56:17 PM

Spectrecoin [xspec] has been on bISQ almost two years now......and frankly, it seems smaller cap coins like it and others get little play on the dexes. Personally I thought it would be a boon to the project but, sadly its never been much of a factor.
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 07:53:08 PM

I think that we are still building the foundations we need to stand on if we are to survive into to future. There is no point in having lofty goals if you can't deliver. We and most other crypto projects have such a limited reach and I am sure that 99.9% of the population has never even heard of Spectrecoin or even Monero. Most people don't read Bitcointalk, Discord or watch the Twitter or read the newsletters. I think we need to secure funding, retain good developers and then marketing needs to happen.

In any case, in order to get used as payment, we need to get listed on major exchanges and do that we need trade volume but nobody is trading. Then there are all the AML / KYC regulations, not so much for us, but for any legit business that would work with us.

It's all well and good to say that we want to be this and that, but we also need a realistic way to get there.

Yes you have a very professional approach, which is good! But I think you are underestimating the potential of Spectrecoin in its current form. Yes having a mobile wallet etc. would be nice, but XSPEC is technically very strong already! Proof of anonymous stake has been a major milestone in the development of cryptocurrency technology.

But still, what is giving a blockchain its value is not the technology (because technology can be copied, as it has happened in numerous cases), but having a strong community of actual users! So driving forward acceptance should be a major priority at any point in development, but especially now after PoAS has been implemented I think we shouldn't be afraid to show our coin to other people and invite them to use it.

The point when Spectrecoin will actually give value to the world is when it starts giving people the ability to make anonymous payments in an environment-friendly way (PoS). That's a great foundation for marketing and PR activities, everyone likes environment-friendly things nowadays.  Cheesy  And in the same way I think that most people will like Spectrecoin in its current form, as soon as they get the opportunity to learn about it.

The usability might not be perfect yet, but things never get perfect. Perfectionism often gets in the way of making progress, and what helps is to realize that you will never be perfect and keep pushing forward with something that is "good enough" to make a difference.  Smiley

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
reZpaR

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 09:02:42 AM

September Newsletter is out:
https://news.spectreproject.io/september-2019/
Pet Badger

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 05:45:19 AM

If it is like a coin for business, I wonder how the isseu of volatility will be resolved. this is a pretty important point.

I see and understand your point (volatility can suck if one has exposed his- or herself inopportunely).  However, volatility is "bread-and-butter" or fresh air if someone is trading and can recognize in a chart where the aggregate buying-and-selling has painted a chart.  Stability should be recognized as a chimera if a person values all concerned parties coming to their own conclusions about what is valuable and what is not using their own judgement (rather than relying on some supposedly-authoritative opinion that might not have sound premises).

Moreover, if someone figuratively mortgages the farm and auctions off their own and their posterity's life-savings to pile into a position ** in any single thing -- no matter what it might be ** there is a lesson to be learned in diversification and timeliness of predictions.  Hopefully, such a person manages their affairs more sagaciously in the future.
Pet Badger

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 06:38:06 AM

Spectrecoin [xspec] has been on bISQ almost two years now......and frankly, it seems smaller cap coins like it and others get little play on the dexes. Personally I thought it would be a boon to the project but, sadly its never been much of a factor.

Well... tomorrow's a new day.  Grin

Meanwhile, someone *ahem* is willing to buy XSPEC at a 50% premium on Bisq to whatever the centralized exchanges are offering now.   That door-crasher special will probably be available all weekend or until someone musters the resources (effectively loads the software on a computer and sends some XSPEC to the provided address to allow the arbitration mechanism to kick in) to make that peer-to-peer exchange happen.

Hopefully that seller can appeal to some smart person's venality this weekend (thereby helping to push the price up in the long run bcs ... hypothetically... if the XSPEC buyer were myself ... I would only sell stakes anyhow [being a long-term focused individual and into stuff like the following: https://mises.org/library/money-bank-credit-and-economic-cycles .  To give the Cliffs Notes version of that: it makes a comprehensive case for why personal retained savings are a more optimal form of investment while central banking and debt-finance [fractional-reserve banking] should be recognized as relics from the 16th through 19th centuries that had their era -- replete with periodic boom-and-bust cycles that are documented in detail.

So, help make the world a better place, stick your finger in the eye of technocratic command-economy-infatuated plutocrats, and trade some XSPEC for some better prices!  Or be the plaything of inertia and don't seize the day. ^_^
XSPEC-team (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2019, 10:08:11 AM

The Spectrecoin Foundation CIC released the production version of Spectrecoin v4.x today on our GitHub repo. This release will activate a planned hard-fork on Friday 27/09/2019 (27th September 2019) @ 2000 hours (GMT) (1569614400 unix epoch time) and this is a MANDATORY upgrade and you will need to get the v4.x wallet up and running ahead of the hard-fork to be able to continue staking. Spectrecoin v4 will generate a one-time 3,000,000 XSPEC staking reward for The Spectrecoin Foundation CIC at address SSGCEMb6xESgmuGXkx7yozGDxhVSXzBP3a to cover increasing development costs.

https://spectreproject.io/index.html#downloads

https://news.spectreproject.io/spectrecoin-v4-x-upgrade-guide/

XSPEC-team (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2019, 10:31:20 PM

We are proud to introduce the Spectrecoin "Community Chest", a fund of 300,000 XSPEC (to be funded after the hard-fork) available to the community. Any member of the community can apply for funding from this fund for projects, initiatives or other engagements that benefit Spectrecoin. If you are a coder / programmer and want to add features, upgrade or improve, put in an application. We also want to encourage any other ideas around adoption, use cases, community, outreach, marketing and whatever else that will directly benefit the project, the community and all investors. If you have an idea let us know through the application form. This is your chance to get involved in an exciting privacy project!

https://news.spectreproject.io/spectrecoin-community-chest/

cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 07:38:09 AM

Coins not visible in the wallet, how to cancel a transaction?

This is not with me, I decided to help another person.

Transaction ID: 9fd24f7da81562cb04b0ede5a49d9ed87480a16c************7a
Date: 06.06.2019 19:53
Transaction fee: -0.0001 XSPEC
Net amount: -401.66320875 XSPEC
Debit:-1.66310875 XSPECSent to:SWteB********PUsWi8BwdhKw8ocz3
Debit:-400.00 XSPECSent to:SWteB87AfCjZfhx***********z3Narration:SWteB87AfCjZfhxStPUsWi8B

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
XSPEC-team (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 03:18:52 PM

Debit:-400.00 XSPECSent to:SWteB87AfCjZfhx***********z3Narration:SWteB87AfCjZfhxStPUsWi8B

The best way to get help is to go to #support in our Discord server: https://discord.gg/ckkrb8m

reZpaR

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 04:53:49 PM

What version does the wallet have that was used?
Driendy

Activity: 334
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 06:56:36 AM

The Spectrecoin Foundation CIC released the production version of Spectrecoin v4.x today on our GitHub repo. This release will activate a planned hard-fork on Friday 27/09/2019 (27th September 2019) @ 2000 hours (GMT) (1569614400 unix epoch time) and this is a MANDATORY upgrade and you will need to get the v4.x wallet up and running ahead of the hard-fork to be able to continue staking. Spectrecoin v4 will generate a one-time 3,000,000 XSPEC staking reward for The Spectrecoin Foundation CIC at address SSGCEMb6xESgmuGXkx7yozGDxhVSXzBP3a to cover increasing development costs.

The main exchange Livecoin blocked the wallet probably because of the upcoming fork? Can you help us with this, when this will be fixed and what will happen if our coins don't move by then?
Thanks
reZpaR

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 12:47:41 PM

The main exchange Livecoin blocked the wallet probably because of the upcoming fork? Can you help us with this, when this will be fixed and what will happen if our coins don't move by then?
Thanks

Livecoin is 50% of the time on maintenance (if not more). They were in maintenance before the fork was broadcasted.
Nothing will happen to coins as long as they are upgrading to v4 and dont open deposit/withdrawals with a v3 wallet after the 27th.
Crypto Carabao Group

Activity: 93
Merit: 28

"Don't steal! Your governments hate competition!"

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2019, 05:08:08 PM

If XSPEC is delisted from centralized exchanges, as happening to other privacy tokens, where do you think its highest trading volume will be?

Beachguy2

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

Spectrecoin Community Manager,prev acct hacked

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 11:48:47 AM

The Spectrecoin exchanges are not US ....and not the KYC large exchanges that are taking this step at this time.
Livecoin, Crex24, Altilly, also Citex and TXbit are in different parts of the world .
bisq ,of course is decentralized.
Also, an alternative is with the addition of Panda-Bot to the Spectrecoin discord server this past July......it can act as an escrow agent. This saves the hassle of having to round up a trusted third party ie:escrow agent.....which adds time to a transaction.
So all in all, Spectrecoin is in good shape and is also always looking for reliable, secure and dependable exchanges.
XSPEC-team (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2019, 07:13:12 PM

Spectrecoin v4.x has been released. Please upgrade ASAP!

This is to remind everyone of the planned hard-fork on Friday 27/09/2019 (27th September 2019) @ 2000 hours (GMT) (1569614400 unix epoch time). This is a MANDATORY upgrade and you will need to get the v4.x wallet up and running ahead of the hard-fork to be able to continue staking.

ALWAYS use the official download links. NEVER download the Spectrecoin wallet from anywhere else!

https://www.publish0x.com/spectrecoin-xspec-official-blog-page/spectrecoin-v4x-upgrade-guide-xrgwjm

Any questions? Please come to the support channel on our Discord server: https://discord.gg/ckkrb8m

There is also a good chance of some free coins on our Discord server through the Panda Bot!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: