Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:23:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TopCoin [TOP] ★ Crypto Learning Center coming soon! ★ Practical toolset!  (Read 195455 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
greendice

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:19:57 AM

http://top.greendice.cc/

NEW TOP COIN DICE GAME

CHECK IT OUT!!

GAML

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:21:48 AM

The main thing that got bitcoin off the ground was that businesses and services took a chance on bitcoin, accepting payment with an otherwise useless currency at the time and now look where it's at.

I disagree in part.  Silk Road got Bitcoin off the ground; when the feds closed Silk Road it became more commercially appealing.  After the Feds took it out of the picture a very toxic element associated with the currency was removed.  If that site had never existed BTC would probably be worth nothing

SackofBits

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:36:27 AM

Topcoin is the new bitcoin

BadgerCoin: BCE5ABarPLdenidMRSr4vJK1z2u7VWzoDo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI
coinhash

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:40:44 AM

2 dedicated pools for top coin!

http://top.hashrapid.com

http://top2.hashrapid.com

HASHRAPID.COM - Hand Picked, Only the Best FLAPPY | COINO | MINT | TOPCOIN | RUBY | WOLONG PANDA
Megacoins

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:57:15 AM

necessary ANDROID WALLET !!!!!
scroogeMcDuck

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:00:54 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 03:13:37 AM by scroogeMcDuck

Yes I'm new but wanted to input my own two cents on the matter, been following this thread since about page 30 (when this coin was first introduced to me). TBH I see more potential with the coin than has been reported. One of the concerns brought up was that there will be no one to mine. From what I'm seeing, there are more workers mining this altcoin (and at a faster hashrate; more workers, faster hashing) than some of the other new and popular coins out there as well. Also, if the block solving expectation is at 30sec intervals, won't the mining of the coin still return results faster than say a bitcoin or litecoin? Per-day hashing with this coin will still have a better return and add new coins to the market more frequently than some of the other coins out there because of the 30sec block rule without saturating the market with too many coins.

The other thing this coin needs is markets to use the currency on. So many people worried about pumping-and-dumping this coins for quick easy cash, that method will only keep the coin low for a long time. This particular coin is so new in its infancy (it's only been mine-able for 6 days...) but will only gain the potential we want if we put some effort into it.

I remember when bitcoin first came out, like many I shrugged it off as a fad. The main thing that got bitcoin off the ground was that businesses and services took a chance on bitcoin, accepting payment with an otherwise useless currency at the time and now look where it's at. If we can get the word out about topcoin, getting some people exchanging it for goods and services like bitcoin started, it will eventually take off. I've seen the internet come together for a cause many times when something warranted it, we can do that here too.

I think the fact that so many people are still mining this coin well into it's infancy gives it a fair shot. We as a group and out there on other crypto forums just need to push on and give this coin a chance to walk. I do not think topcoin is or has the potential to be the next bitcoin, but who knows? Only time and our efforts will tell.

On the whole I definitely agree with you  Smiley I am working hard every day to get the word out about this coin, so much so that I hope I can convince local businesses to accept payment in topcoin. Once everyone is familiar with the wallet software it's a breeze from there.

The chance of a pump and dump decrease the longer this coin is in circulation. Big holders are circulating their millions into new hands. Eventually the big holders right now will have sold off at certain intervals to make a profit, while investors will buy in as the price goes up. The investors will then become big holders themselves, but not quite as big as the first (think hundreds of thousands rather than millions). More investors come in, some sell, some hold, plenty continue to buy, and the miners will continue to mine. Most importantly, the supply evens out among holders. You won't see people holding tens of millions at a time, but rather hundreds, or thousands if you're lucky, so the chances of a huge pump and dump lower dramatically.

I love the deflationary trend of this coin. The coins will get circulated very fast as more businesses accept payment in topcoin and more people trade it for goods and services. TopCoin has the potential to be huge, like Bitcoin huge. The only question is how much effort every topcoin holder is willing to give in order to make the coin a massive success. All it takes is an involved community that cares about the life of the coin and some word-of-mouth advertising. I think we can do it.
Jarod1231

Activity: 951
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:11:27 AM

Yes I'm new but wanted to input my own two cents on the matter, been following this thread since about page 30 (when this coin was first introduced to me). TBH I see more potential with the coin than has been reported. One of the concerns brought up was that there will be no one to mine. From what I'm seeing, there are more workers mining this altcoin (and at a faster hashrate; more workers, faster hashing) than some of the other new and popular coins out there as well. Also, if the block solving expectation is at 30sec intervals, won't the mining of the coin still return results faster than say a bitcoin or litecoin? Per-day hashing with this coin will still have a better return and add new coins to the market more frequently than some of the other coins out there because of the 30sec block rule without saturating the market with too many coins.

The other thing this coin needs is markets to use the currency on. So many people worried about pumping-and-dumping this coins for quick easy cash, that method will only keep the coin low for a long time. This particular coin is so new in its infancy (it's only been mine-able for 6 days...) but will only gain the potential we want if we put some effort into it.

I remember when bitcoin first came out, like many I shrugged it off as a fad. The main thing that got bitcoin off the ground was that businesses and services took a chance on bitcoin, accepting payment with an otherwise useless currency at the time and now look where it's at. If we can get the word out about topcoin, getting some people exchanging it for goods and services like bitcoin started, it will eventually take off. I've seen the internet come together for a cause many times when something warranted it, we can do that here too.

I think the fact that so many people are still mining this coin well into it's infancy gives it a fair shot. We as a group and out there on other crypto forums just need to push on and give this coin a chance to walk. I do not think topcoin is or has the potential to be the next bitcoin, but who knows? Only time and our efforts will tell.

On the whole I definitely agree with you  Smiley I am working hard every day to get the word out about this coin, so much so that I hope I can convince local businesses to accept payment in topcoin. Once everyone is familiar with the wallet software it's a breeze from there.

The chance of a pump and dump decreases the longer this coin is in circulation. Big holders are circulating their millions into new hands. Eventually the big holders right now will have sold off at certain intervals to make a profit, while investors will buy in as the price goes up. The investors will then become big holders themselves, but not quite as big as the first (think hundreds of thousands rather than millions). More investors come in, some sell, some hold, plenty continue to buy, and the miners will continue to mine. Most importantly, the supply evens out among holders. You won't see people holding tens of millions at a time, but rather hundreds, or thousands if you're lucky, so the chances of a huge pump and dump lower dramatically.

I love the deflationary trend of this coin. The coins will get circulated very fast as more businesses accept payment in topcoin and more people trade it for goods and services. TopCoin has the potential to be huge, like Bitcoin huge. The only question is how much effort every topcoin holder is willing to give in order to make the coin a massive success. All it takes is an involved community that cares about the life of the coin and some word-of-mouth advertising. I think we can do it.

If it does take off, anyone who could hold 1m+ until it goes to $1 would have balls of steel... I myself would be contemplating selling at $0.01 lol

Manwe

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:24:37 AM

The trading is slow now, that means people don't want to sell on 3 sat, but the stupids still want to dump.
scroogeMcDuck

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:32:25 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 03:43:06 AM by scroogeMcDuck

The trading is slow now, that means people don't want to sell on 3 sat, but the stupids still want to dump.

You certainly can make a little quick buck from selling off your topcoin right now. Or you can make a HUGE buck from buying and holding and trading it instead  Wink
Manwe

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:35:04 AM

Wink I am counting on it to buy a villa.
AxiosAmnesia

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:50:26 AM

I think what we should shoot for next with this coin is to get it on a better exchange. Coinedup perhaps? I know it isn't the best of the best, but it would be a good jump in the right direction to take.
ryannguyen18

Activity: 183

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:51:37 AM

Tip me some TdnAdLyoHyQgYY9rHB66Nt115Dos89aTXy

thanks cpu miner

Bitcoin - 1NCmJ3hXLywaRHTsnm17rGkaJbjtbiKxZW
scroogeMcDuck

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:24:17 AM

So who has been spreading the word about topcoin irl? I've told two friends and sent them 100k each and told them to spread the word.
gouda

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:38:47 AM

i have been

Manwe

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:44:01 AM

Off course I have. Cheesy
fearisfearless

Activity: 250
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:54:27 AM

There is a 16M sell wall at swiss and a 26M BUY wall at cryptorush... why don't people just transfer over and sell lol

Switch for what?  Buyers @ 3 sat on both sites, more sellers than buyers.  Consolidation is not going to change that
ThatCryptoMiner

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:56:29 AM

The main thing that got bitcoin off the ground was that businesses and services took a chance on bitcoin, accepting payment with an otherwise useless currency at the time and now look where it's at.

I disagree in part.  Silk Road got Bitcoin off the ground; when the feds closed Silk Road it became more commercially appealing.  After the Feds took it out of the picture a very toxic element associated with the currency was removed.  If that site had never existed BTC would probably be worth nothing

Very true, and from the standpoint that bitcoin-to-USD you are absolutely correct. However, I would point out that Bitcoin even in it's infancy had a value because some businesses decided to take a chance and accept the coin as valid payment over cash. Likewise the Silk Road incident, each of the drugs sold had a "street value" which in turn could be bought with Bitcoin instead of hard cash. But because it was an accepted currency that applied an amount to say an asset or service, the Bitcoin automatically gained a value whatever the USD equivalent turned out to be.

Right now we're generating a currency with no pre-determined value as of yet. Again, infancy and way to early to tell. I think also that what we will find in the course of the next couple of years is that digital currency, for lack of a better cliche, really will become the wave of the future. Too many positives, not enough negatives. The Bitcoin single-handledly devalued every major currency that you can put in your hand, and that's saying something for a system that only came out 5 years ago.

Ever since SR, mining has ballooned to the point everyone is trying to become the next Bitcoin and corporations are spending $30,000+ on mining rigs to get in on the action. It's only a matter of time before the currencies that have the strength will stick around while the rest are abandoned (much like many Altcoins out there). Topcoin already has a leg up above most, 6 days old and is in the top 15 on Allcrypt's voting system plus on more exchanges than I think anyone anticipated.

On the whole I definitely agree with you  Smiley I am working hard every day to get the word out about this coin, so much so that I hope I can convince local businesses to accept payment in topcoin. Once everyone is familiar with the wallet software it's a breeze from there.

The chance of a pump and dump decrease the longer this coin is in circulation. Big holders are circulating their millions into new hands. Eventually the big holders right now will have sold off at certain intervals to make a profit, while investors will buy in as the price goes up. The investors will then become big holders themselves, but not quite as big as the first (think hundreds of thousands rather than millions). More investors come in, some sell, some hold, plenty continue to buy, and the miners will continue to mine. Most importantly, the supply evens out among holders. You won't see people holding tens of millions at a time, but rather hundreds, or thousands if you're lucky, so the chances of a huge pump and dump lower dramatically.

The more the word gets out about TopCoin, the better our chances. We just have to keep spreading it around. Dev already said that even after it hits 1coin/block it will be that way for 500 years lol. So there is definitely a good reason to keep mining (those 1blocks will be solved quickly IMO). Reddit is probably the best place to start, look how Dogecoin picked up? IMO it was originally supposed to just make fun of Bitcoin and turned around to have more of a value than anticipated. Hell, weren't they helping an Olympic team get sponsored? Who in the hell saw that coming?

I think what we should shoot for next with this coin is to get it on a better exchange. Coinedup perhaps? I know it isn't the best of the best, but it would be a good jump in the right direction to take.

The fact that TopCoin already exists on so many exchanges (including the more popular ones) in such a short time really puts a positive spin on the potential for TopCoin.

So who has been spreading the word about topcoin irl? I've told two friends and sent them 100k each and told them to spread the word.

A friend turned me on to it but I only started mining 3 days after release (kicking myself for my own procrastination and loss of all those potential coins!  Embarrassed ). In turn I have 2 friends that started mining yesterday and another that started mining today, all three whom had never even thought about mining ANYTHING until now. Also had to show them how to set up their rigs.

I was also able to use the positive aspects of TopCoin to convince the Mrs to allow me to build an additional rig to mine with  Cheesy
CoinSir

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:26:14 AM

Bounties:
Game - 1,000,000 each
Exchanges  - 1,000,000 each
muffoni

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:45:32 AM

this coin will go up very nicely, price can hit up to 100-150 satoshi in next week Smiley
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:35:21 AM

this coin will go up very nicely, price can hit up to 100-150 satoshi in next week Smiley

It all depends on what people can do with this coin.... and if depends what will happen when the blocks are only 16K anymore...
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: