Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:27:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are Etherum and Emunie scamcoins and why?
Ethereum is a scam - 147 (29.6%)
Emunie is a scam - 125 (25.2%)
Ethereum is not a scam - 110 (22.2%)
Emunie is not a scam - 114 (23%)
Total Voters: 306

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Etherum and Emunie scamcoins?  (Read 9698 times)
biggus dickus

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:40:25 PM

9 months after the poll was started and neither of the coins have launched yet. Has anyone's opinions changed?

I think it's too early to tell, but I am leaning towards no on both. I'm not saying they are a good investment, just that I don't think they are a scam.

Unfortunately, they both are taking forever to launch and pretty much lost the first mover advantage. There are a few coins that have implemented or are planning on implementing Turing complete scripting, and there are a few coins that have a lot of features and a new code base a la eMunie.

They could still be successful but the competition is much harder now than when they announced their projects.

Yes, I think for Ethereum people will get what they paid for, a stake in a coin implementing Turing complete scripting. However, if a load of other coins implement Turing complete scripting before Ethereum then maybe Ethereum coins will not be worth anything near what the investors hoped for.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 02:43:52 AM

At the risk of sounding arrogant (which it isn't meant to be), we haven't lost any first mover advantage at all for 3 main reasons:

1) We are SO far ahead of the curve in terms of innovation, quality and execution, nothing in the works at the moment comes close.  See our announcement today on Twitter and our forum. (ok maybe this is a little arrogant, sorry Smiley )

2) Sure some of our initial features have been "copied" and implemented into launched currencies already, this is fine, and inevitable when pushing for excellence.

3) And most important, our target market hasn't even been touched yet......that market is NOT BTT, Crypto fans, geeks, nerds, whatever you wish to call early adopters, its grandpa, blue collar guys, Joe on the street.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:29:59 AM

Emunie was outed as a scam a ling time ago.

Ether will be a very big deal. Vitalik is genuine and a genius.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 06:01:15 AM

Emunie was outed as a scam a ling time ago.

Ether will be a very big deal. Vitalik is genuine and a genius.

The ignorance and general lack of brain cells around here never disappoints.

I must be totally stupid to STILL be putting the finishing touches to this scam after 18 months.  But then for something to be a scam, someone must have lost something, but there is no provable evidence anywhere on the entire web that proves I have performed a scam, nor that someone has lost out.  So I must also be a super genius to pull off a scam where the people I'm scamming don't realize they lost anything after 18 months.

Also, usually when there is a scam at work, the perpetrator of said scam doesn't willingly send back monies received when asked, nor do they continue to do so after losing a large portion of those monies and USE THEIR OWN.

Finally, no scammer in his right mind would continue to defend his position to blind sheep such as yourself that would rather follow and sniff the sheeps arse in front, than stick his head up and look at whats really going on.

You sir are the scammer, you are a scam to humanity, as you are using vital resources that other more adept humans could make better use of.  That is all.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:04:44 AM

Or how about that long butt fucking list of people screaming bloody fucking murder about how Fuserleer has taken their money? right? RIGHT?

lol, that better?

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 06:05:39 AM

Or how about that long butt fucking list of people screaming bloody fucking murder about how Fuserleer has taken their money? right? RIGHT?

lol, that better?

Yes Bill, thanks for coming up trumps!

Radix - DLT x.0

Anima

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:54:15 AM

Emunie is a tight arsed community where infomation is kept close as to not get the ideas stolen (as has been seen before).

The project is very much still alive and ticking with new and cool stuff - true innovation.

Do we need to mention we just announced BLOCKLESS ledgers?

Best regards from Anima - proud member of the Radix team.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:49:18 AM

At the risk of sounding arrogant (which it isn't meant to be), we haven't lost any first mover advantage at all for 3 main reasons:

1) We are SO far ahead of the curve in terms of innovation, quality and execution, nothing in the works at the moment comes close.  See our announcement today on Twitter and our forum. (ok maybe this is a little arrogant, sorry Smiley )

2) Sure some of our initial features have been "copied" and implemented into launched currencies already, this is fine, and inevitable when pushing for excellence.

3) And most important, our target market hasn't even been touched yet......that market is NOT BTT, Crypto fans, geeks, nerds, whatever you wish to call early adopters, its grandpa, blue collar guys, Joe on the street.

Nice!

I 'm looking forward to see the next client released
I hope it will not be heavy on processor like the last I tested the version 0.94... (something) several month ago.

When will the public beta tests start again?

fairlay

Activity: 443

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 03:35:46 PM

For those how are sure the Ethereum teams can not keep the promise to start the main net this winter we opened a prediction market on it:

https://www.fairlay.com/predict/registered/new/ethereum-main-net-goes-live-before-spring-2015/

It is a market place where people can bet against each other. If you prediction they won't start the main net we try to find one how is willing to take the other side. Currently we have about 0.8 Bitcoin in open predictions and the likelihood is at 45%. If you think it is more likely you should predict "yes" - otherwise "no".

Will be interesting who wins in the end.

By the way, if there is any interest in a prediction on Emunie (the release date?) - we can do that as well.. It is always interesting to see the difference between having an opinion on something or having an opinion on something AND putting your money where your mouth is.

www.fairlay.com - the Bitcoin prediction market - the future of reliable information
C0ins_R_U5

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:41:08 PM

How much do you think the Etherum ipo affected the price of BTC pre-ipo vs now...   how far under IPO price do you think you will be able to catch dumps if it goes live next year?
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:11:21 PM

Ethereum has just recently launched. Before Ethereum launched it was still leading in scam accusations on the poll I'm wondering how opinions have changed.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 06:25:44 PM

neither are exactly scams, but neither are exactly on track.  at least Ethereum has launched on their mainnet, which to be honest is just a live testnet.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:24:23 PM

Ethereum was rushed in service and now I hear a lot of people crying because of it's not mature enough, no features, no GUI, needs a degree from rocket science, etc. eMunie is still under development as Dan want to make a feature ready, turn key coin, and people complaining because of is still not released Smiley. Pretty funny. Isn't it?

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 08:33:24 PM

Ethereum was rushed in service and now I hear a lot of people crying because of it's not mature enough, no features, no GUI, needs a degree from rocket science, etc. eMunie is still under development as Dan want to make a feature ready, turn key coin, and people complaining because of is still not released Smiley. Pretty funny. Isn't it?

I think it's more about the platforms not delivering what was expected in a reasonable time. Whether it's not released yet or released underdeveloped irritates people just the same. 

That's all a part of the alt scene though. I think devs in both platforms way over estimated what they were really capable of and the communities overestimated even beyond that so I guess everyone shares in the blame some for all the complaining.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:28:51 PM

I think it's more about the platforms not delivering what was expected in a reasonable time. Whether it's not released yet or released underdeveloped irritates people just the same. 

That's all a part of the alt scene though. I think devs in both platforms way over estimated what they were really capable of and the communities overestimated even beyond that so I guess everyone shares in the blame some for all the complaining.

I blame NXT for all of this Smiley. The rapid development of NXT in 2014 rendered the then latest eMu versions obsolete, as the economy "module" going to be the big thing in eMU and without that it's comparable to some mid 2014 NXT versions, so it's pointless to release it until the economy part isn't ready. IMO NXT also forced the Eth devs to turn up with something before NXT takes AT form Burst or Qora and makes Eth pretty much redundant.
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 11:14:33 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 05:13:06 AM by Fuserleer

Well well well, heres a thread from the past when we were popular around here Smiley

When I announced the project 2+ years ago, I had a concrete set of requirements that I had to achieve before I would even consider releasing.  These are the same now as they were then, and they are as follows (in no particular order as they are all as important as each other)

• Scalability
  • Efficiency
  • Speed
  • Stability
  • Extendable
  • Ease of use
  • Integration
  • Security (obviously)

Basically everything that ever other crypto isn't Smiley

Ambitious goals, and admittedly I grossly under-estimated the amount of time it would take (various unfortunate events during development have also hindered progress somewhat) when considering these were things that no-one has achieved & my relentless strive for perfection.

eMunie was never obsolete, it was simply a case that I was not happy and felt that I could do better.  In all likelihood I have thrown away more code than all developers of crypto-currencies have ever written, yet those discarded codebases and the advancements they provided, any of them would have been very able to stand against Bitcoin and other 2.0 platforms.

For me there is no time limit for this project (and it was a bad choice to ever estimate one), and everyone still involved in the project for quite some time now agrees with that philosophy.  Anyone that didn't was given a refund of any funding they had pledged without prejudice.

This is exactly the reason I haven't held a public IPO, it would feel wrong for me to have done that, when I was still discontent and making major core, design & platform changes.  In a public IPO, many people would have invested on the hype with a FOMO mentality without learning what I was trying to achieve.

Yes we did hold a fund rasier, but it was limited to only people who were beta-testers and actually spent some time with the project and interacted with me, so that they could be sure it was right for them...even then I put a "get out" clause in place for those that changed their mind.  Also at that time, I was not 100% certain I could actually pull off what I was trying to do, hence the controlled environment and a clear understanding with those taking part that I could fail.

Thankfully all that uncertainty is now gone, as I've been able to meet, and even exceed that list of concrete requirements.  I'm finally on the home straight and you'll start to hear a lot about the project again very soon! I can't begin to express how damn good it feels to say that after a what feels like an eternal prison sentence strapped to this desk! Cheesy

Radix - DLT x.0

stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 11:33:41 PM

I have never heard of Emunie.  But I can tell you one thing for an absolute fact: Ethereum is NOT a scam.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 04:56:16 AM

When I announced the project 2+ years ago, I had a concrete set of requirements that I had to achieve before I would even consider releasing.  These are the same now as they were then, and they are as follows (in no particular order as they are all as important as each other)

• Scalability
  • Efficiency
  • Speed
  • Stability
  • Extendable
  • Ease of use
  • Integration

If/when you achieve that all this FUD against eMunie will create a great back story. 

But really your list is pretty amazing, and I agree those are all things that crypto is lacking.  I would maybe even add security to that list. 

There is also no rule that you really have to make it perfect on day one.  It might be okay to launch with only some of those figured out and then work on the rest as you go.

Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 05:08:39 AM

When I announced the project 2+ years ago, I had a concrete set of requirements that I had to achieve before I would even consider releasing.  These are the same now as they were then, and they are as follows (in no particular order as they are all as important as each other)

• Scalability
  • Efficiency
  • Speed
  • Stability
  • Extendable
  • Ease of use
  • Integration

If/when you achieve that all this FUD against eMunie will create a great back story. 

But really your list is pretty amazing, and I agree those are all things that crypto is lacking.  I would maybe even add security to that list. 

There is also no rule that you really have to make it perfect on day one.  It might be okay to launch with only some of those figured out and then work on the rest as you go.

Yeah I guess it will make a good tale for the grandkids one day Smiley

Well, security is par for the course, otherwise whats the point, but yeah I'll add it for the sake of completeness.

A lot of people have said that, but most of the V1.0 features will be minimal yet have the critical functionality required and locked down....solid foundations if you like, that we can easily build on without having to modify any core design and cause hard forks and all the headaches that come with it.

Radix - DLT x.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: