Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:29:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are Etherum and Emunie scamcoins and why?
Ethereum is a scam - 147 (29.6%)
Emunie is a scam - 125 (25.2%)
Ethereum is not a scam - 110 (22.2%)
Emunie is not a scam - 114 (23%)
Total Voters: 306

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Etherum and Emunie scamcoins?  (Read 9701 times)
valdepretium

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:09:38 PM

>>snipped for brevity>>

By the way, congratulations on your meteoric rise from Newbie to Founder in less that one month. That's quite an achievement.

Yeah, I've been wondering this myself - how exactly did Peachy rocket to the top? I thought it was first come, first serve?
Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:14:12 PM

Founders leave, founders vote on new founders. its all voted on.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:14:30 PM

Yeah, I've been wondering this myself - how exactly did Peachy rocket to the top? I thought it was first come, first serve?

How do you come to that idea?

Radix - just imagine
eid

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:23:34 PM

My problem was not with whether child slavery is an issue. It was with Dan suggesting that the complainers (e.g. me) had nefarious intentions. He basically said that if you have a problem with how he's planned things, then you are obviously a criminal wanting to use the system for nasty things.

It's a cheap way of discrediting your critics.

I hope you can see the difference.

No, he didn't say that. He said that the people who complain that the tiny part of the exchange is centralized, so they cannot create a product group of their liking, will be the people that want to use the exchange for illegal trades. The discussion was centered around the exchange, and believe it or not, not around you.

My point is that there are other reasons for not wanting the exchange centralised. The emunie people (Dan included) apparently like to pretend there is only ever one reason, and its a bad one. This has been shown again and again.

I didn't think it was about me. I think it's relevant to me. You speak with a forked tongue.
valdepretium

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:32:16 PM

http://forum.emunie.com/index.php?/topic/130-how-to-join-the-beta/#entry2335
Sharky444

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:38:44 PM

http://forum.emunie.com/index.php?/topic/130-how-to-join-the-beta/#entry2335

This is for beta test, not founders.

Radix - just imagine
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 04:47:39 PM

Wow.  You guys!

What the fuck did I ever do you that personally effected your life in a negative manner?  Yet you seem intend on attempting to create issues for me at an almost personal level.

You both left, I had no ill feeling against you for that choice, as that choice is yours and yours alone and I respected it, didn't slander either of your publicly OR privately and/or try to tarnish your "good name".  My only real gripe was being disappointed that your specific concerns at the time weren't raised direct, instead of just leaving the group.

So what gives?  I'd love to see how you boys act when someone really does some nasty shit across you, because if this is the level of shit storm created for me...wow, it'd be EPIC!

eid

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:01:27 PM

Wow.  You guys!

What the fuck did I ever do you that personally effected your life in a negative manner?  Yet you seem intend on attempting to create issues for me at an almost personal level.

You both left, I had no ill feeling against you for that choice, as that choice is yours and yours alone and I respected it, didn't slander either of your publicly OR privately and/or try to tarnish your "good name".  My only real gripe was being disappointed that your specific concerns at the time weren't raised direct, instead of just leaving the group.

So what gives?  I'd love to see how you boys act when someone really does some nasty shit across you, because if this is the level of shit storm created for me...wow, it'd be EPIC!

This isn't personal at all except when you start misrepresenting me and lying about my reasons for leaving.

I'm merely presenting evidence which I think is relevant to any future investors in emunie. Why? because I feel after promoting emunie, I owe it to investors who may have listened to me to present the truth. I presented what I felt was the truth when I was a moderator, and now I continue to do so. I'm sorry if this hurts you as this isn't my intention.

All this started because of your refusal to allow certain facts to come out on your forum. If you were more open and honest there would never have been an issue.

You were quite happy to stand aside while your business partner and others accused us of fakery and cowardice, but when I tried to show his duplicity, you banned me from the forum.
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 05:16:19 PM

So basically you are saying to stand back and allow unlimited free speech for some, yet jump in dictate what is and isn't allowed at other times.....

Ok, bit of a contradiction there.

eid

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:21:21 PM

So basically you are saying to stand back and allow unlimited free speech for some, yet jump in dictate what is and isn't allowed at other times.....

Ok, bit of a contradiction there.

Not at all. there's a huge gap between these two extremes and you chose to do nothing on the one hand and reacted with full force on the other.

You could have said something either to Visin or in the chatbox to quash the lies being spread but you didn't. It is your responsibility to do so in my opinion.

What you did do, was make it even worse by pretending you knew nothing about our reasons. So actually, you joined in the shit flinging.

Did we deserve this after giving you hundreds of hours of our time for free?
extee

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:32:17 PM

eid sorry but as a potential investor i couldn't care less if developers insulted you. noone cares about your insult exchanges unless they are pertinent to the product.
and all you posted so far is just an attack on Dan as a person (cos he offended you)....but frankly why should I care. i'm sure in many other developers team ppl fall out and say nasty things to each other. it's life.
all i care is the technology. can it do what it says on the tin? does it work properly? that's all that matters....we'll see it in the beta.
saying emunie sucks  cos the developer insulted you unfairly is laughable (btw with the way you act you seem like a spiteful dumbass )
personal attacks or insults  have nothing to do with code.
i only trust maths...that's what bitcoin technology is all about.
even if Dan was total nazi who insults his developers friends all day...if he comes up with a product that works that's all i care about.

vleroybrown

Activity: 1165
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:38:10 PM

Its just an opinion of mine but if a coin doesn't have a mobile wallet for users to show start others on the coin while on the go then it will be a flop/scam.  Apps are the most important aspect to any coin and it is clear by using btc mobile apps versus all the others why the value is in btc
extee

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:42:42 PM

Its just an opinion of mine but if a coin doesn't have a mobile wallet for users to show start others on the coin while on the go then it will be a flop/scam.  Apps are the most important aspect to any coin and it is clear by using btc mobile apps versus all the others why the value is in btc
bitcoin didn't have a mobile wallet from the start....it took years infact to have a bitcoin android wallet.
same as all coins....they usually start with pc client...then development for mobile wallet come after.
eid

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:43:00 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 06:07:56 PM by eid

eid sorry but as a potential investor i couldn't care less if developers insulted you. noone cares about your insult exchanges unless they are pertinent to the product.
and all you posted so far is just an attack on Dan as a person (cos he offended you)....but frankly why should I care. i'm sure in many other developers team ppl fall out and say nasty things to each other. it's life.
all i care is the technology. can it do what it says on the tin? does it work properly? that's all that matters....we'll see it in the beta.
saying emunie sucks  cos the developer insulted you unfairly is laughable (btw with the way you act you seem like a spiteful dumbass )
personal attacks or insults  have nothing to do with code.
i only trust maths...that's what bitcoin technology is all about.
even if Dan was total nazi who insults his developers friends all day...if he comes up with a product that works that's all i care about.

I think my posts make it clear that this isn’t a personal attack, but that Dan's worthiness of trust is extremely relevant. I'm sorry you can't see this and felt the need to descend to personal attacks against me. You obviously have an emotional attachment to Dan or the project.

You say you only trust in maths. Fine. Show me the maths that you're trusting in.
I'm not aware of Dan ever insulting me by the way.
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 05:48:06 PM

My trust called into question.......yet everyone trusts anonymous developers  Huh Roll Eyes

Sharky444

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:49:11 PM

The BTC mobile wallet is just a centralized version of Bitcoin. You don't have the blockchain on your phone. With eMunie a true mobile, decentralized app will be possible, with the complete blocktree, as it will be always possible to synchronize in seconds or minutes.

Radix - just imagine
eid

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:50:30 PM

My trust called into question.......yet everyone trusts anonymous developers  Huh Roll Eyes

Your project is built on trust.
extee

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:20:39 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 06:38:11 PM by extee

I think my posts make it clear that this isn’t a personal attack, but that Dan's worthiness of trust is extremely relevant. I'm sorry you can't see this and felt the need to descend to personal attacks against me. You obviously have an emotional attachment to Dan or the project.
the only one who is showing emotional behavior is you. somone who pimped emunie for an year and then after a spat spams everywhere reporting behind the scenes bickering.
and btw you told us emunie was the best thing since sliced bread for an year...and now you tell us it sucks cos Dan discredited you after you left. hm....who is untrustworthy? if emunie sucks now...surely it sucked even more before when the technology/client was even more rough and bugged,

i have no relationship with dan of any kind nor any role in emunie whatsoever. I love technology , i love crypto. emunie brings something new to the table (which is rare these days)and love the economic inflationary/scalable model (in theory) which imo would make it much better than bitcoin as currency. and looking forward to see if the beta delivers.that is all that matters

i couldn't give a shit about dan and who he is. like i don't care who satoshi, sunny king or bcnext are ...or if they ever upset someone in their life or if they ever said a lie or if they ever banned someone or deleted someones post (btw the mdoerator on the forum is vrisin....and i agree he sucks as a moderator and doesn't have social skills...but....doesn't affect my view of emunie)
i care just about the product. as someone who has worked in many teams before I know how words get twisted and how personal relationship can fall apart...but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is being able to put out a good product.
if Dan achieves in putting out a good product then i can say he did well....instead if the product sucks bye bye.

all i seen from you is judgements on the way Dan runs his business....but how he runs his business is his business. i judge the cryptocurrency as a cryptocurrency (however that came to life....whether from an happy house or from a total war is irrelevant).

btw the only thing i'm not too happy about is the legal entitity....just like Ripple has.....but it was inevitable imo developing something like that in the UK and with a real identity.
nmersulypnem

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:33:47 PM

Ethereum is not a scam, per se, BUT the founders and investors are pre-mining over a third of the coins.  ...so... take that as you will.  The other issue with it (this is my personal opinion) is that it's too deflationary since they are burning tx fees and feeding them back PoS style.  They are also a bit coy about some of the inflationary/deflationary behaviors to placate potential investors, which makes me nervous.  Oh, and they wanted 30K BTC as day-one funding.

There are some good tech aspects of it though...  The scripting language they're adding is awesome, and they are implementing the GHOST protocol (Greedy Heaviest-Observed Sub-Tree) which offers 1-min block times at the security of Bitcoin's 10-min block time.
eid

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:42:38 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 07:06:19 PM by eid

the only one who is showing emotional behavior is you. somone who pimped emunie for an year and then after a spat spams everywhere reporting behind the scenes bickering.
and btw you told us emunie was the best thing since sliced bread for an year...and now you tell us it sucks cos Dan discredited you after you left. hm....who is untrustworthy? if emunie sucks now...surely it sucked even more before when the technology/client was even more rough and bugged,

i have no relationship with dan of any kind nor any role in emunie whatsoever. I love technology , i love crypto. emunie brings something new to the table (which is rare these days)and love the conomic inflationary/scalable model (in theory). and looking forwward to see if the beta delivers.that is all that matters

i couldn't give a shit about dan and who he is. like i don't care who satoshi, sunny king or bcnext are ...or if they ever upset someone in their life or if they ever said a lie or if they ever banned someone of they deleted someones post (btw the mdoerator on the forum is vrisin....and i agree he sucks as a moderator and doesn't have social skills...but....doesn't affect my view of emunie)
i care just about the product. as someone who has worked in many teams before I know how words get twisted and how personal relationship can fall apart...but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is being able to put out a good product.
if Dan achieves in putting out a good product then i can say he did well....instead if the product sucks bye bye.

all i seen from you is judgements on the way Dan runs his business....but how he runs his business is his business. i judge the cryptocurrency as a cryptocurrency (however that came to life....whether from an happy house or from a total war is irrelevant).

btw the only thing i'm not too happy about is the legal entitity....just like Ripple has.....but it was inevitable imo developing something like that in the UK and with a real identity.

Firstly, Ive only known about emunie since November, not a year. Yes, Ive defended emunie in the past against unwarranted accusations and I stand behind that. I've also promoted emunie in the past. This has been discussed already above. Yes, it took me three months to get a full understanding of the project and I left at that time.

Secondly this is not because of a "spat" as you'd know if you bothered to read.

You say Dans business is his own affair, but when a project relies almost completely on trust, it becomes the business of the investors too.

If you'd bothered to read the whole thread then you'd know this, but I suggest you read this thread which illustrates the points I'm making:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=439045.0

There were a lot of things inevitable in this project (including the Ltd company) because of the way it was done. Which tells me it was faulty from the ground up. I've said this already.

I accused you of having an emotional attachment to emunie because you have come into the debate without bothering to read my real reasons for leaving and attacked me for things I never said (like them).

For your information, when I withdrew my investment and resigned as moderator, I was on very good terms with Dan and the others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: