Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:53:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506373 times)
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:15:06 PM

@BritcoinFTW

I'm french speaking canadian - so my english may not be that good yet !  Practicing a lot the last year in cryptos and others related projects, mostly within boards and skype, but since I'm surrounded with people from US, Canada, Germany, Equador, neatherland, Iceland and so, maybe I got some bad spelling from them all Tongue

But it's one part I do love with all these cryptos projects - I meet a lot of different people from different part of the world, and learn a lot from them.  I realy enjoy it.
baldur odinson

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:56:11 PM

Check out my new website covering Icelandic money.
www.newmoneyiceland.co
BritcoinFTW

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:30:27 AM

@BritcoinFTW

I'm french speaking canadian - so my english may not be that good yet !  Practicing a lot the last year in cryptos and others related projects, mostly within boards and skype, but since I'm surrounded with people from US, Canada, Germany, Equador, neatherland, Iceland and so, maybe I got some bad spelling from them all Tongue

But it's one part I do love with all these cryptos projects - I meet a lot of different people from different part of the world, and learn a lot from them.  I realy enjoy it.

Hows the bacon in Canada these days mate? Wink
BritcoinFTW

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:44:18 AM

LTEX,

You are clearly doing a good communication job !   But still i suspect you have to take a step back and see things from Eggert (or anyone else) point of view. For most, Aur is a mystery, Aur team too. Eggert raise legit questions, no matter what purpose he may have. For my part, the main reason why I invested in Aurora is I personnaly know one of the guy working ''behind the scene'' and I trust him more than I trust 99.99% people. But without that relation, I would not have invested, so I understand Eggert concerns.

Eggert, the guy i know is from Iceland - and I chatted with another icelander (a dev). I'm not icelandic, i'm Canadian. PM your skype we may chat if you want, i'll visit Iceland next year with my familly, so you may have some recommandations for me Smiley

It looks like this is why he doesn't want the premine destroyed as a lot of the big holders are from outside of Iceland.

Why is this problem? Premine must be destroyed is that is what promised. It will increase value of all our coins and then we sell back to Iceland people at high price and profit. I am not rush to sell and will hold until price is good.
I suggest you keep your coins in many addresses and few wallet.dat files as there won't be many coin and value will go very high when all plans come for Iceland.

Eggert has a point the biggest holders are foreigners for a coin that is meant for a specific country. The premine is the only hope it stays this way, this is not a easy situation because destroying the coins will make the value go up which is what everyone wants so we can get more bitcoins but from another stand point it's unfair for the Icelanders to be controlled by foreigners who will have the most say with their coin.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 07:10:02 AM

LTEX,

You are clearly doing a good communication job !   But still i suspect you have to take a step back and see things from Eggert (or anyone else) point of view. For most, Aur is a mystery, Aur team too. Eggert raise legit questions, no matter what purpose he may have. For my part, the main reason why I invested in Aurora is I personnaly know one of the guy working ''behind the scene'' and I trust him more than I trust 99.99% people. But without that relation, I would not have invested, so I understand Eggert concerns.

Eggert, the guy i know is from Iceland - and I chatted with another icelander (a dev). I'm not icelandic, i'm Canadian. PM your skype we may chat if you want, i'll visit Iceland next year with my familly, so you may have some recommandations for me Smiley

It looks like this is why he doesn't want the premine destroyed as a lot of the big holders are from outside of Iceland.

Why is this problem? Premine must be destroyed is that is what promised. It will increase value of all our coins and then we sell back to Iceland people at high price and profit. I am not rush to sell and will hold until price is good.
I suggest you keep your coins in many addresses and few wallet.dat files as there won't be many coin and value will go very high when all plans come for Iceland.

Eggert has a point the biggest holders are foreigners for a coin that is meant for a specific country. The premine is the only hope it stays this way, this is not a easy situation because destroying the coins will make the value go up which is what everyone wants so we can get more bitcoins but from another stand point it's unfair for the Icelanders to be controlled by foreigners who will have the most say with their coin.

I understand what you mean and I completely agree that the pre-mine should be best spent if we can get those funds towards more Icelanders. The trouble however, is that the only person that has control over the pre-mine is non responsive. This leaves us with only one alternative and that is destruction of the pre-mine by means of a hard fork. Again, transparency is the key here.

As for foreigners having the most say over the coin, I disagree. Maybe some foreigners are holding bigger stashes as an investment, the saying over the coins future wil eventually lie with the foundation and that is entirely in the hands of Icelanders. Details on how we planed this wil be disclosed shortly.

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
baldur odinson

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:20:50 AM

The Icelandic krona is owned mostly by foreigners and only a small portion by Icelanders so if you had to compare Auroracoin to the krona, Auroracoin definitely can be called more "icelandic"
rocanonz

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:41:01 AM

"In a Gallup poll, seven out of ten Icelanders that participated in the poll stated a preference to abandon their currency to adopt another, and the most favoured choice was the Canadian dollar, outscoring the US dollar, the euro, and the Norwegian krone."
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_kr%C3%B3na
Maybe we should add AUR allong the Interstellar Kredit ...  Grin
French_Coin_Corporation

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:20:41 AM

Bonjour à la communauté,

Cher Islandais, en France aussi on utilise Auroracoin !

je tiens à saluer le travail réalisé par les dev. notamment la création du wallet pour android.

Je crois qu'auroracoin peut avoir un bel avenir, à condition que les pièces préminées non réclamées, soient détruites.

Nous attendons donc, la destruction des pièces contenues sur les adresses préminées, pour faire la promotion d'auroracoin auprès d'un large public en France.

Certains commerçants en france, veulent en savoir plus sur auroracoin,

ils sont réellement enthousiastes.

Je suis aussi très enthousiaste pour leur expliquer comment se servir de cette crypto.

Par contre, je n'ai pas envie de leur faire perdre de l'argent.

Donc, j'attends de voir, la destruction effective des pièces non réclamées, avant de faire une forte propagande en faveur d'auroracoin en France.

Salutations ! Roll Eyes

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 10:02:55 AM

Bonjour à la communauté,

Cher Islandais, en France aussi on utilise Auroracoin !

je tiens à saluer le travail réalisé par les dev. notamment la création du wallet pour android.

Je crois qu'auroracoin peut avoir un bel avenir, à condition que les pièces préminées non réclamées, soient détruites.

Nous attendons donc, la destruction des pièces contenues sur les adresses préminées, pour faire la promotion d'auroracoin auprès d'un large public en France.

Certains commerçants en france, veulent en savoir plus sur auroracoin,

ils sont réellement enthousiastes.

Je suis aussi très enthousiaste pour leur expliquer comment se servir de cette crypto.

Par contre, je n'ai pas envie de leur faire perdre de l'argent.

Donc, j'attends de voir, la destruction effective des pièces non réclamées, avant de faire une forte propagande en faveur d'auroracoin en France.

Salutations ! Roll Eyes

Salut French_Coin_Corporation,

Merci de votre intérêt pour Auroracoin et bienvenue à notre communauté!

Nous travaillons dur pour résoudre tous les défis sur le préminées.

Nous publierons une annonce officielle prochainement ...

baldur odinson

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 10:05:53 AM

Can we keep messages to English please guhs
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 10:16:51 AM

Can we keep messages to English please guhs

Yup, you're right, I was just trying to be polite to our friendly French guest  Grin

Did you think about my suggestion to do a name change yet?

dinobotta

Activity: 248

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 10:54:06 AM

Icelanders got ~5,5 million AUR in the airdrop, 53% of the 10,5 million. How can it be that foreigners hold most of the coin?

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:16:31 PM

Icelanders got ~5,5 million AUR in the airdrop, 53% of the 10,5 million. How can it be that foreigners hold most of the coin?

Because a lot of Icelanders gave their airdrop AUR to relatives who sold them to foreigners. They largely rejected establishing AUR in iceland and just viewed the airdrop as a BTC or fiat present from foreigners.

I don't think the majority is in the hands of foreigners (let alone the rest of the premine, I'm not sure if balduro is an icelander or not).

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Skarfur

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:37:54 PM

Because a lot of Icelanders gave their airdrop AUR to relatives who sold them to foreigners. They largely rejected establishing AUR in iceland and just viewed the airdrop as a BTC or fiat present from foreigners.

I don't think the majority is in the hands of foreigners (let alone the rest of the premine, I'm not sure if balduro is an icelander or not).

I have talked to some Icelandic people here that verified that he is Icelandic as they had all their communication with him in Icelandic.
FilipZ

Activity: 80

IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchange

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 11:30:21 PM

ello mates,

what is the reason of price change? Last month?

Thanks a lot.

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬     
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
dinobotta

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:23:04 AM

ello mates,

what is the reason of price change? Last month?

Thanks a lot.

The Airdrop ended on 25th of March.
New dev team is taking over the coin and is working on upgrading the core code.
Auroracoin foundation was formed in Iceland.
AUR/ISK exchange in about to open in Iceland.

... perhaps I'm forgetting something.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
baldur odinson

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:23:53 AM

Can we get s time frame on the exchange?
dinobotta

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:51:48 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2015, 01:02:24 PM by dinobotta

Can we get s time frame on the exchange?

I hope the beta-test starts in end of april. Skarfur, a member on the forum, has better knowledge on the timefrane.

KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:11:24 PM

Thanks ltex

Eggert raised the concern that he can't trust the coin and that he wants a list of Icelanders who hold Auroracoin.

Baldur was supposed to be the guy to answer questions for people like eggert and once he left I decided to fill the vacuum.

Eggert if you spend some short time analysing the rich list you will see how transparent and trustworthy  this coin is.

1. The richest aur address is reserved for the foundation with one million air.
2. The next 15 addresses are the premined airdrop coins that have not been claimed.
3. The next 40 addresses are miners that mine Auroracoin.
4. From there there are about 200 people with more than 100 dollars worth of Auroracoin, these people have invested money above and beyond possibly claiming from the airdrop.
5. From there you have about 30 000 Icelanders holding between 100 and 1000 Auroracoin.

There is very little room for any scammers here, what needs to be done to win your trust eggert?

5. From there you have about 30 000 Icelanders holding between 100 and 1000 Auroracoin.
I can tell you right now this is a big lie, there is just over 300 000 people in my country and I would know many more people that have claimed these coins. This is 10% of my country. This is a big scam... good luck getting people to join your pyramid scheme!

I will only promote bitcoin with my people.

Why so mad? Why not get in yourself and make bitcoin off the Iceland people. There will be attachment by people in Iceland to go for this over bitcoin and we all win. They get AUR and we sell out at much higher prices and get more bitcoin which we can use in our own countries.

How was airdrop done? Was paper wallet or normal wallets? I hope paper wallet cause 90% of those wallets will be in garbage now and then destroy premine and only 3 million coins on supply. That will make value go up very high.
I know if 30 000 people have wallet and active the price would be higher then dashcoin that's why i firm believe most wallets are in trash if paper. Dash only have +- 2000 active user.
rocanonz

Activity: 131

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 03:37:49 PM

The airdrop was donne by using the kennitala ID system and moving bytes of computer generated data Smiley
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennitala
The initial hype arround AUR just before the airdrop when 31.8 of them worth 600$+, attracted 30.000+ airdrop requests.
After the dump the number of second airdrop request went down to 5000+
And the 3'rd airdrop request went even lower to 2500+
Because the value of the airdop coins is so low now, they have no use in merchant transaction. It's something that you just trade if you have a taste for risk or you firmly believe in the concept propose by AUR coin.
But with the newly dedicated foundation that holds a marketing and development budget, this will change in time.
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: