Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:52:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506375 times)
appanmai

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:02:49 PM

Golden parachute time for balduro
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:05:41 PM

i am sceptical ( a tiny bit ).  according to some sources the company behind auroracoin is located in panama.

Its not in panama.

Anyways, I dont doubt the dev's sincerity, but something like this requires tremendous planning and support in order to work properly. It doesnt seem the project has either.

We will see.

If it is not in Panama then where is it? You seem to know about this so I would appreciate the help.

The reason it says the website was registered in Panama is because that is a common site anonymity service. A lot of websites do this.

Do you know where it is then? Is the OP Icelandic? Can't seem to get a definite answer on this. It wold be helpful to know for certain and be backed up with proof.

The Dev is able to respond immediate to Icelandic conversations, so my guess is, YES

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
CryptoMF

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:09:10 PM

Every Icelander knows you can authenticate against the national ID (kennitala) quite easily if you have authentication gateways for that. I am working on a few alternatives, some of which may be used concurrently. If you can find me an Icelander that doubts this, I would be surprised.

So , you're working on how to distribute the coin , after you have launched the coin....and you gave yourself a few months to make the "air drop" ..why?
Why didn't you start with the delivery and then with the other...not important things?

It would have been far better as people would have kept the coins since they couldn't trade them on any exchange and actually start thinking about how to use them , not rush to cash in the moment they got them.

The coins had to have some price in order for people to claim them. That is the reason for the run-up time. I did not expect the coin to skyrocket like this.

It is good to see you posting here. What nationality are you? What do you want to see happen to the market and exchange rate of the coin as the airdrop approaches and then again after it has completed? It would be great to know what your vision for the coin is as your expectations are not being met atm.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:27:28 PM

Is the high difficulty the reason why transactions are taking so long? I withdrew from Mintpal a while ago and still not received the coins in the wallet. Last block time was 5:45PM GMT - it's not 6:26PM GMT. Is that the reason why?

Block   Approx. Time   Transactions   Value Out   Difficulty   Outstanding   Average Age   Chain Age   % CoinDD
4115   2014-03-04 19:04:28   117   1956.90333522   10664.685   10602851   30.9044   38.9012   20.0671%
4114   2014-03-04 17:45:49   159   5226.32712004   10664.685   10602826   30.85   38.8466   20.0952%
4113   2014-03-04 16:23:22   21   352.2183344   10664.685   10602801   30.7936   38.7893   20.1231%

Something weird here............

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
cryptoex_

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:30:16 PM

https://cryptoex.cc/stuff/PLogo.png
You can trade Auroracoin on cryptoex.cc
https://cryptoex.cc/market/aur_btc
https://cryptoex.cc/market/aur_ltc
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:31:31 PM

With all do respect Niothor,

For someone that states he is allergic to FUD and Idiots, in MHO you keep attacking individuals that are simply trying to accommodate people asking questions. None of us are spokesman for Auroracoin and at the same time we all are. So, if someone is a bit over enthusiastic, don't directly FUD against it!

I appreciate your interest in this project and welcome your criticism, but let's stay nice to one another  Smiley

Sincerely i don't see how i'm spreading fud
I asked for a plan , and i'm waiting to see a plan that was created before the coin was launched , not a suggestion by a poster one week ago.

Why did he wait for so many days in order to deliver... the response wasn't convincing at all
If all the pieces are in motion and the price is already bigger than he expected.. why not start the distribution now , why the wait?

I'm only asking for facts...
Sorry , but I'm not getting back but bits of information.

If the distribution will be a success , it will be a turning point , if it's a failure or (worse) it will be bad for the entire crypto system , thus my concerns

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:41:22 PM

3 hrs and my deposit to cryptsy still not confirmed  2/3  wtf seriously?

diff shot up too fast

it takes that long now to move the coin.

it isnt crypsy.. we arent finding blocks fast enough anymore.

mooo for rent
Efitzhenry

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:42:50 PM

How is the dev going to get a db of all the population of iceland? Could this be the biggest crypto scam ever?HuhHuhHuhHuh/

Just food for thought. I am mining it right now but.... Wow the scxam potential on this is phenomenal.

gerbill2

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:47:47 PM

wth?? 50% premine and already it has market cap almost a billion bucks?? are you people crazy?? devs own half a billion bucks now and you think they will just give it away for island people?
WHY is this coin so popular now?
tozak

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:48:14 PM

Don't use these pools for AUR, scams

http://aur.ctrlaltdefeated.us/ (site down 3 days and counting)
http://aur.pool-a.net (removed manual cash out feature when coin got hot)

Destiffmast

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:49:40 PM

Hi,

I am mining on crewdoginvesting

http://aur-eu.crewdoginvesting.com:12347/static/

How do I set auto payout? Or are payouts made daily?
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:49:57 PM

Sure it could be a scam.

but do you think people dont know that?

I just find it hilarious people seem to be saying "if you go out in the rain you will get wet"

and act like they just discovered the theory of relativity.

Do you think the major players in this and the exchanges, didnt think of the premine or the fact that we are playing with an artificial scarcity? and you do know professional traders, will position themselves for events before the event happens?

right now there is some stupidity.. depending on your goals, with buying the coin, mainly due to the artificial pumping going on.. .but flipping out over the premine and how many coins will enter the market at the end of march is pretty stupid, because everyone who knows what the fuck they are doing, has already considered that fact. without the pump, the "bet" on the coin would already contain the info on the fact that the scarcity is fake and that on a SPECIFIC DATE, the rest of the coins will dump on the market.

its not hidden news. It isnt some strange math theory you have to work out and prove. Its pretty fucking simple. You go out in the rain you get wet. There isnt a real trader here that doesnt understand the premine or the risks that come with it.

mooo for rent
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:51:48 PM

With all do respect Niothor,

For someone that states he is allergic to FUD and Idiots, in MHO you keep attacking individuals that are simply trying to accommodate people asking questions. None of us are spokesman for Auroracoin and at the same time we all are. So, if someone is a bit over enthusiastic, don't directly FUD against it!

I appreciate your interest in this project and welcome your criticism, but let's stay nice to one another  Smiley

Sincerely i don't see how i'm spreading fud
I asked for a plan , and i'm waiting to see a plan that was created before the coin was launched , not a suggestion by a poster one week ago.

Why did he wait for so many days in order to deliver... the response wasn't convincing at all
If all the pieces are in motion and the price is already bigger than he expected.. why not start the distribution now , why the wait?

I'm only asking for facts...
Sorry , but I'm not getting back but bits of information.

If the distribution will be a success , it will be a turning point , if it's a failure or (worse) it will be bad for the entire crypto system , thus my concerns

I agree with you on your concerns about the effect on the entire crypto ecosystem. That is why I try to invite you (and all others) to participate in the successful outcome of this initiative! The only uncertain aspect in all of this is the release of the 10.500.000 premined coins. But lets face it, They are all worthless the minut the first coin leaves its wallet without a plausible event.

There are many ways the airdrop can be a success, most of it is already in place with current ID system in Iceland. But yes, there are also many flaws that can't be overseen just yet by the Dev. That is exactly why we need members to contribute to take away as many flaws as possible! Have you got any idea how many billions my government has lost over the past couple of years, just trying to arrange a new passport or wealth care system? (I'm Dutch by the way ;-) )

Please keep asking questions and try to work out the answers together! Rather then bashing others who are really trying!

tozak

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:53:30 PM

wth?? 50% premine and already it has market cap almost a billion bucks??
WHY is this coins so popular now?

Market cap is fake because it does not yet represent Supply vs Demand as the Supply is not 10.6 million coins atm it is only like 100,000 coins, wait for one week after air drop to see what the true price is when the trade-able supply increases about 60 fold.

gerbill2

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:56:10 PM

WHY is this coins so popular now?

Market cap is fake because it does not yet represent Supply vs Demand as the Supply is not 10.6 million coins atm it is only like 100,000 coins, wait for one week after air drop to see what the true price is when the trade-able supply increases about 60 fold.

I doubt auroracoin devs would wait that long. They will be dumping their premined coins untill it's worth 1 satoshi. Then the airdrop will commence. Or not. Who whould care

I can't believe it Cheesy People whine (call it scam, shitcoin, etc.) if the coin has 2% premine, but theres FIFTY PERCENT PREMINE and everybody cheers Cheesy
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:57:05 PM

How is the dev going to get a db of all the population of iceland? Could this be the biggest crypto scam ever?HuhHuhHuhHuh/

Just food for thought. I am mining it right now but.... Wow the scxam potential on this is phenomenal.

Just an other thought, maybe the dev is government? I agree it doesn't make sense when you haven't done some research, but really, take a look at Iceland and the way it has been forming it's future!

Even if this is not the case, there are many ways to get this right, we are already working on it: http://forum.auroracoin.org/viewforum.php?f=9

joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:58:28 PM

WHY is this coin so popular now?

short answer it isnt.. it is being pumped. It will drop and a lot as they move on.

longer answer.

This little experiment could be a major watershed event for the entire alt community. which is why the entire community is getting behind this coin.

Iceland is fucked right now with banking and inflation. People arent happy.

One of the inherent promises of crypto is that we are slightly protected from teh shanagins of those in power.

Crypto has a couple big problems right now.. it is complex and normal people dont understand and it scares them.

MTGOX didnt help things much. with the general public.

something like this coin being successful would be like a tidal wave across the markets.

Right now with Ukraine and russia you see the Ukrainian people dumping their rubles and picking up american dollars at a premium. They are pretty much losing money now, out of fear of losing more money later. A minority of smart ukrainians said fuck us dollars and changed to btc instead. They did not lose as much as those who converted to dollars.. plus they can move their money around to where they feel safe.. with dollars it can be a bit trickier and longer to do.

if aurora turns successful, instead of seeing people dump into dollars and gold when problems happen, they will dump into crypto.

plus if it becomes more than that, but as an alternative and FUNCTIONING market currency, that will just steam roll this entire crypto thing across the planet.

so basically it is very popular and everyone is behind it, because this is a tiny experiment, set to prove the CLAIMS of why crypto is so awesome.

It very well could bite the entire alt coin community in the ass if he runs with the money.

but everyone and their mother wants this to actually work.

well except the icelandic government which is shaking in their boots right now.

mooo for rent
Piotrsama

Activity: 407

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:00:23 PM

Please keep asking questions and try to work out the answers together! Rather then bashing others who are really trying!
Did you sell some of those 2000 AUR you claim to have?
At current prices is a lot of money.
SCryptoMiners

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:01:36 PM

SCryptoMiners AuroraCoin Pool

http://aur.scryptominers.com

PPLNS (Pay Per Last N Shares) reward system
Round earnings credited after 100 confirms.
All block transaction fees are passed along to miners.
Minimum payout is 0.01 AuroraCoin.
We process payouts every 60 seconds.

We run multiple mining pools that can be seen in my signature. You will be safe mining with us.

Join a reliable mining pool: POT | WC (Whitecoin) | DUCK
userpacman1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:02:42 PM

I saw Aurora coin on mainstream media  Cheesy I will mine some, this is going to be huge  Shocked
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: