Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:44:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506371 times)
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:17:03 PM

Better to just keep your mouth shut than to spout of more stupidity.

Please let me re-quote that just for you a couple of times:

You're welcome  Grin

The database is already public to ALL Icelandic inhabitants!!!!

So again one more time:

Wink

Show it to me and all the folks on this forum. 

AND then explain how the DEV is going to use it to implement all the questions from my previous post.

To set things straight:

I put in effort to this because I believe it has a serious chance of success and can contribute extremely to the global acceptance of crypto!
I do this not because some dev or any other entity pays me for it, I do this to support all my other efforts and assets I've put into the Crypto business so far!
I am a strong believer in doing things that need to be done if you want them to, that's why I am an internet entrepreneur for over 22 years
Things Ive done include a lot of studies and work, but also investing over 45K in equipment. That has brought me a lot so far including several K of AUR.
And yes, I'm one of the nut cases (IYO) that actually is going to fly to Iceland to support this! Maybe even hand out paper wallets to grandmothers Grin

If you are really serious in getting answers, put aside your bowl of popcorn and actually start doing some homework first. After that, I will be the first to accommodate you with serious answers to educated questions

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eclipso

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:21:10 PM

Please let me re-quote that just for you a couple of times:

You're welcome  Grin

The database is already public to ALL Icelandic inhabitants!!!!

So again one more time:

Wink

Show it to me and all the folks on this forum.  

AND then explain how the DEV is going to use it to implement all the questions from my previous post.

To set things straight:

I put in effort to this because I believe it has a serious chance of success and can contribute extremely to the global acceptance of crypto!
I do this not because some dev or any other entity pays me for it, I do this to support all my other efforts and assets I've put into the Crypto business so far!
I am a strong believer in doing things that need to be done if you want them to, that's why I am an internet entrepreneur for over 22 years
Things Ive done include a lot of studies and work, but also investing over 45K in equipment. That has brought me a lot so far including several K of AUR.
And yes, I'm one of the nut cases (IYO) that actually is going to fly to Iceland to support this! Maybe even hand out paper wallets to grandmothers Grin

If you are really serious in getting answers, put aside your bowl of popcorn and actually start doing some homework first. After that, I will be the first to accommodate you with serious answers to educated questions

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Your post says it all.  

You have a shit ton of money invested in equipment so you don't want the TRUTH to be made aware so the value of the coins you mined become worthless.

I totally get it.

You have a financial motivation, and that is completely understandable!

I wish you luck... my post still stands.

Even if you fly yourself over there (HIGHLY DOUBTFUL) you will not make a dent in the distribution of coins to over 300 THOUSAND people.

End of rant.
Lordoftherigs

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:22:18 PM

Fo anybody that wants to know more about national ID system in Iceland please feel free to check the link below.

http://bjss.bifrost.is/index.php/bjss/article/viewFile/63/65

It is clear that this idea can be executed via the ID system.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:23:33 PM

eclipso

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:23:55 PM

Fo anybody that wants to know more about national ID system in Iceland please feel free to check the link below.

Can, Could, Might, Would..... Will it?  Nope.
Lordoftherigs

Activity: 313

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:26:14 PM

You can doubt the intentions not the actaul system.
uozer

Activity: 381
Merit: 100

PRiVCY

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:29:37 PM

does anyone know why/when/how the manual withdrawals were removed from http://aur.pool-a.net/?

i hope i am missing something because it is idiotic to just turn off any option off manual payout

i can see all miners just leaving at the first autopayout

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
eclipso

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:30:10 PM

You can doubt the intentions not the actaul system.

We can all doubt the intentions because we are not mind readers and have no idea if the DEV intended for this coin to be a scam or not.

We can all doubt the actual distribution method because there is none.

If there was then the following questions would be answered:

Where are the websites and detailed TECHNICAL PROOF of any kind of coin delivery system.  Where are the WHITE PAPERS showing his plans to thwart hackers and folks who would try impersonate Icelanders via VPN or by generating fake National ID's via algorithm like a common key gen?  Where is the proof that the dev even has ACCESS to all the ID numbers in order to prove they come from the national database?  Where is his list of Icelandic addresses if he wants to send paper wallets?  

Let alone how is he going to explain what he is even giving away?  Contrary to popular belief, most folks don't even know what a BIT COIN is, let alone what a Auroracoin is.  Does the dev think that all these folks are going to get on a computer and take the weeks of reading and searching to find out wtf a crypto currency is, how exchanges work, how to convert to BTC/ Etc?  If he plans on delivering "paper wallets" who is going to explain to the common folks how the encryption keys work or how to "sweep" those keys to a physical wallet?  Where is his program for mass adoption of this coin in Iceland?  There isn't even a SINGLE place in Iceland that will accept this "coin".  NOT ONE STORE.  

He would have had to have MASSIVE (AND I MEAN MASSIVE!) youtube, twitter, blog-o-spere, and PUBLIC educational videos already available BEFORE the coin went live in order for this to have a chance in hell of ever working.  Even with ALL the above the chance's are still TINY that the country would adopt any crypto.  People on these forums just need a reality check of the fact that most people aren't even computer literate (sure they can get on facebook, and type out a few emails, but that is pretty much the extent of it) let alone able or WILLING to do all the research and experimenting with cryptos to even make it worth their while.

I could go on and on.

The reality is that there is nothing but WORDS on a website.

Only some anonymous coin dev making promises that he can't deliver.

No matter what happens with this coin it WILL BE bad for crypto's, and ALT COINS in particular.  This will be seen as another failure because the DEV of this coin did NOT do his homework BEFORE release.

This post is not FUD, nor is it an attempt to move price one way or the other.  It's just a fucking reality check to those of you who are blindly believing in the promises of some random person on the internet.  IF that isn't the definition of gullible, than I don't know what is.

If you want to go on about the short term profits of this coin, or how your market orders are doing well, fine.  I'm all about that.

But let's call a spade a spade and stop the bullshit about this coin actually doing ANYTHING positive for the folks in Iceland.

As they say... "PICS or it didn't happen!"  I say show me the PROOF instead of just WORDS on a website.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:31:21 PM

Can you please do as your told and do your homework! Angry
Could you meanwhile not distract yourself and us on this forum  Cry
That Might just bring you something good in life Cool
Or Would you rather screech on for days and waste your and our time  Huh
I Will promise you one thing, This was my last respons to You Lips sealed

Cheers  Grin Grin Grin

Aboroth

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:32:55 PM

Do you think we are all retarded? Yes, we know there is a national ID system. We know what information is in it.

What you should have had, before a single coin was mined, was a detailed plan you could give to an Icelander about how they will get coins. Step by step, no hand-waived half-assed explanations. A fucking pamphlet you give to someone treating them like they are in kindergarten, with nice full-color cartoons with each step of what they will do to get their coins.

Here's just a few questions that we don't know, that would be nice to be answered instead of being hand-waived away with a condescending comment:

Will there be a website doing automated live checks of the database directly? If so, what are all of the implementation details? What information will each citizen need to prove their identity? Each Icelander has access to this database, so how can it possibly be used as an authentication mechanism to prove identity?
If automatic checks won't be used, will people have to wait while a person checks each individual request?
Will people get physical objects with instructions for redeeming coins? If so, what? What materials will be used? Who will do it? Where's the money to buy all this material coming from?

You people want ME to do homework? You're the one who wants to make this work. This shouldn't even be an issue! You should have had full-proof step-by-step plans an idiot could follow before day 1.

If you supporters are actually for real then I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. You are trying to supplant a national currency, on an arbitrary deadline, without exact implementation details worked out ahead of time. You want to take away a government's seigniorage and control of the money supply. That alone will make this really fucking difficult, not even accounting for everything else. This task requires more than a few bronies half-assing it while constantly high on marijuana.
Bunkervogel

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:45:10 PM

It very simple, sell HIGH and buy LOW

Btw,i don't sell under .125 Smiley

same over here. let's take a look how far we can go. 
blahdeda

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:58:59 PM

But you can't use a public database as a way to authenticate someone. That's like using a phone book - "you say you're John Smith of 123 lane, oh yes here you are it must be you." If you do a quick Google on kennitala you'll quickly see that it is not used for authentication.
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:59:51 PM

Man, there is a heap of delusion here, by people who don't understand basic math, apparently. What do you suppose would happen to the buying power of the US dollar, if all of the other countries that hold it unceremoniously dropped it on the US economy? It would plummet, because there would be such an overabundance of supply. Right now the available supply of Auroracoin is tiny, compared to what has been mined. When that pre-mined coin enters circulation, it is INEVITABLE that the value will tank, as that value gets divided amongst all of the coin in circulation.

There are going to be a lot of tears among those who thought that somehow this coin's launch would catapult it to Bitcoin pricing levels. I have actually read people claiming that. Unreal.

The people posting this stuff are trying to warn you. Do not be holding the bag on this. make your profit and get out.

It's not bad enough that the coin barely functions and has zero supporting infrastructure (not even a mobile wallet), it had to have a cult form behind it, too.
august25

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:09:43 PM

Do you think we are all retarded? Yes, we know there is a national ID system. We know what information is in it.

What you should have had, before a single coin was mined, was a detailed plan you could give to an Icelander about how they will get coins. Step by step, no hand-waived half-assed explanations. A fucking pamphlet you give to someone treating them like they are in kindergarten, with nice full-color cartoons with each step of what they will do to get their coins.

Here's just a few questions that we don't know, that would be nice to be answered instead of being hand-waived away with a condescending comment:

Will there be a website doing automated live checks of the database directly? If so, what are all of the implementation details? What information will each citizen need to prove their identity? Each Icelander has access to this database, so how can it possibly be used as an authentication mechanism to prove identity?
If automatic checks won't be used, will people have to wait while a person checks each individual request?
Will people get physical objects with instructions for redeeming coins? If so, what? What materials will be used? Who will do it? Where's the money to buy all this material coming from?

You people want ME to do homework? You're the one who wants to make this work. This shouldn't even be an issue! You should have had full-proof step-by-step plans an idiot could follow before day 1.

If you supporters are actually for real then I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. You are trying to supplant a national currency, on an arbitrary deadline, without exact implementation details worked out ahead of time. You want to take away a government's seigniorage and control of the money supply. That alone will make this really fucking difficult, not even accounting for everything else. This task requires more than a few bronies half-assing it while constantly high on marijuana.

You people really need to calm your shits down. It's an experiment, we're taking risks to see where this pushes us. If everyone sat on their butts complaining on forums all day the world would move backwards with the stupidity spewed on here. Some people are in it for the payout, some are in it cause they believe in the cause, some just wants to see a real world case for crypto. There's many reasons why people might be interested in Aurora, and your smart ass sitting behind the computer making all your observations is doing nothing to push anything forward. It's people like you who can only sit there and say it's too difficult...therefore you should scrap it...don't even try...it's a waste of time. While people like us work hard to surpass that mindset and move the world onto new things. Just know that you're not doing anything by pointing out the flaws that have already been stated. Provide solutions, ideas, use your brain. If you're not here for that then why bother. The reality of tomorrow is built on the dreams of today. Maybe get your head out of your ass and contribute your time to something that betters our world. Maybe go figure out how to solve world hunger...war...etc. We'll handle aurora, don't think we need your help.
NickPortland

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:15:38 PM

Man, there is a heap of delusion here, by people who don't understand basic math, apparently. What do you suppose would happen to the buying power of the US dollar, if all of the other countries that hold it unceremoniously dropped it on the US economy? It would plummet, because there would be such an overabundance of supply. Right now the available supply of Auroracoin is tiny, compared to what has been mined. When that pre-mined coin enters circulation, it is INEVITABLE that the value will tank, as that value gets divided amongst all of the coin in circulation.

There are going to be a lot of tears among those who thought that somehow this coin's launch would catapult it to Bitcoin pricing levels. I have actually read people claiming that. Unreal.

The people posting this stuff are trying to warn you. Do not be holding the bag on this. make your profit and get out.

It's not bad enough that the coin barely functions and has zero supporting infrastructure (not even a mobile wallet), it had to have a cult form behind it, too.

You guys should make up your minds.

1)Half of you is claiming that distribution to the icelandic people CAN'T happen because of technical and volume difficulties

2)Then there's the likes of you, that claim price will plummet after airdrop.

So which one is it?

They can't be both.

Official Ambassador for UTC-PND relations
*donations here*
 UTC: Ujff1xrc8brmHkRaFG3BcG5nVScXdh5Wu1 BTC: 159uuxJCfUsG44N52NUsydi2bCNeFSYyTi
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:22:30 PM

1)Half of you is claiming that distribution to the icelandic people CAN'T happen because of technical and volume difficulties

So which one is it?

They can't be both.

3) The dev will say that he started distributing coins but he will just rush coins to the exchangers in small batches to fake the distribution and sell-off by the Icelanders.

It covers both 1 and 2.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
axmatic

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:23:51 PM

Here's a tip for all the miners who keep dumping your shit on the market:

If you really like to sell at lower prices, keep doing that. If you prefer to sell at higher prices, then take it easy on the sell side, and spread your orders out a little bit.

It wouldn't kill you to participate in the trading a little bit, either.

Except miners don't have faith in the coin (which is understandable) and rather cash in now than gamble on the future.
Right now the coin can't even process transactions within a reasonable timeframe and the developers are MIA.

Besides, miners can't even dump right now because the developers forgot to implement KGW.

Yet, for some reason, they continue to mine it. As long as they're gonna do that, they might as well try to get as much out of it as they can. Even if one doesn't expect it to do well in the future, it's still in his best interest to sell wisely now. Dropping a bunch of coins for sale at one price decreases the price right now, and delays the sale of those same coins that he's trying to sell. As much as one might like for it to be otherwise, everyone cannot sell at the same time. It's impossible, because the buyers don't all show up at the same time. There is enough hype about this coin to keep the price high between now and March 25. After that, mayhem. But until then, keep cool, don't panic, sell like you know what you're doing.
Acrobat

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:29:24 PM

If you really like to sell at lower prices, keep doing that. If you prefer to sell at higher prices, then take it easy on the sell side, and spread your orders out a little bit.

Except miners don't have faith in the coin (which is understandable) and rather cash in now than gamble on the future.
Right now the coin can't even process transactions within a reasonable timeframe and the developers are MIA.

Besides, miners can't even dump right now because the developers forgot to implement KGW.

Yet, for some reason, they continue to mine it. As long as they're gonna do that, they might as well try to get as much out of it as they can. Even if one doesn't expect it to do well in the future, it's still in his best interest to sell wisely now. Dropping a bunch of coins for sale at one price decreases the price right now, and delays the sale of those same coins that he's trying to sell. As much as one might like for it to be otherwise, everyone cannot sell at the same time. It's impossible, because the buyers don't all show up at the same time. There is enough hype about this coin to keep the price high between now and March 25. After that, mayhem. But until then, keep cool, don't panic, sell like you know what you're doing.

Don't blame the miners, at least the small miners not joined in auto-profit switching pools. The smaller miners are the ones keeping the coin alive with the highest operating costs and can't afford much speculation. Blame the auto-profit-switching pools for dumping their coins all at once and of course the pure speculators hopping from one coin to the other, bailing out when profit margins get to low.
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:49:41 PM

So which one is it?

They can't be both.

3) The dev will say that he started distributing coins but he will just rush coins to the exchangers in small batches to fake the distribution and sell-off by the Icelanders.

It covers both 1 and 2.

Doesn't matter, the coin is still doomed.
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:51:35 PM

Don't blame the miners, at least the small miners not joined in auto-profit switching pools. The smaller miners are the ones keeping the coin alive with the highest operating costs and can't afford much speculation. Blame the auto-profit-switching pools for dumping their coins all at once and of course the pure speculators hopping from one coin to the other, bailing out when profit margins get to low.

No, blame poor planning and nonsensical business plans from the devs and lazy investors who jumped on a band wagon rather than looking into it,

This coin was always going to fail.
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: