Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:29:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506375 times)
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:59:55 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 10:34:13 AM by smalltimer

@smalltimer

[...] Doesn't make sense to flood the market more than necessary and devalue coins that are already held by people. I'd be very much for a second airdrop of the size like the first one (30 something coins) ... give people a chance to claim them (couple of weeks) and publicly destroy the remaining premine. You don't want to have an even lower marketcap than you have now with more coins than you have now.  It'll be ridiculous. [...]

correct! this airdrop needs to be stopped asap. instead of flooding the market, i would suggest to stop the airdrop of 31,8 after a certain time and do the opposite thing - run short.

those who accept aur as payment in iceland should be awarded with 1000 aur and who pays loan to employees in 5% aur should get 2000.

i can imagine, after people in iceland made experience with the devaluating icelandic krona, they could apply a stable currency/storage of value.

the 'financial crisis' will do the rest...

it is a good idea to maybe use some unclaimed coins for bounties for buisinesses, but those bounties are too high. 2000 aur can be like 20.000$ .... that's too high and the market won't be able to support it. Better lower those bounties. The more coins you destroy the higher the value of the single coin. If you give out bounties of that size later when marketcap is high we repeat this shitgame again. Give out large bounties now or small bounties later but not large bounties later. Don't let the market be flooded by buisinesses either. The time of free aur should come to an end soon. Don't drag it out for an eternity!

I'd suggest the following: continue airdrop for few weeks and take only 10% to 20% of the unclaimed coins for bounties and really destroy the rest. The destruction of the coins will immediately lead to appreaciation in price. The market will react to that in a very good way, that is for sure. Give buisinesses who accept aur as payment 50 to 100 and buisinesses who pay employees in aur maybe 100 to 300. If you give too much there will be a lot of pretending and dumping ... calculate a fair value of 2$ to 20$ per aur. Don't throw aur around as if it hadn't any value. Correct bounties downwards because most coins will be dumped on the market instantly.  Don't give as much as 2000 for free to anyone, really. Think 1aur = 20$, handle them as if it was this much and they will be pretty quick back to that value i believe. I repeat: don't give out the coins as if they hadn't any value! because if you do that they will not have any value. There is a very fine balance to be struck here. Destroy as many coins as possible to see the most appreciation in price. Really only hold back for bounties what is absolutely necessary and it'll have some value. The clue with crypto is its scarcity. Make it scarce and it'll be worth something. Limit supply as much as possible. Don't be helicopter-bernanke Wink  To make large supply doesn't raise demand. Supply/demand! Small demand needs small supply - not large supply! Otherwise this is going nowhere.
kkcoin

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:22:54 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 10:45:11 AM by kkcoin

@smalltimer

i think we basically agree that the present way of 'inflation' and 'flooding markets', reminding fiat currencies, is incorrect and that the airdrop has come to an end - otherwise it wont lead to a bright future.
yes, the bounties shouldnt be that high, as i mentioned first. but i dont see destroying coins as an adequate method, in my opinion its a too radical method to let the price explode, rather i prefer a natural growth of the marketcap and would leave those unclaimed coins "to be mined" ..but wait, thats not possible, so it might be right to destroy them!

and by destroying them, those who supported it from the beginning would be rewarded.  Wink
smalltimer

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:36:19 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 01:42:41 PM by smalltimer

@smalltimer

i think we basically agree that the present way of 'inflation' and 'flooding markets', reminding fiat currencies, is incorrect and that the airdrop has come to an end - otherwise it wont lead to a bright future.
yes, the bounties shouldnt be that high, as i mentioned first. but i dont see destroying coins as an adequate method, in my opinion its a too radical method to let the price explode, rather i prefer a natural growth of the marketcap and would leave those unclaimed coined "to be mined" ..but wait, thats not possible, so it might be right to destroy them!

the longer you hold coins in the background the longer market will be wary. Release all coins in circulation as soon as possible. Destroy the remains. Overcome greed and forced control and let this game begin. All coins into circulation as soon as possible. Hold back as little as possible. The market is intelligent. Unleash this monster already! Destroying coins hurts nobody. Not destroying them hurts us.

edit:

doesn't matter if only 8 million are in circulation instead of 18 million. Coins can be diveded into 100million bits.

If you think its 'radical' look for other words. Don't call it 'destroy' coins. Call it 'take out of circulation permanently and irreversibly due to low demand'. It's the same. Crypto needs to be trustless. Don't play central bank.

Could also be a good idea to let people vote democratically on things what to do with remaining unclaimed coins, if that is possible.
kkcoin

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:03:05 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 11:18:31 AM by kkcoin

yes, looks like its even necessary to take the remains out, now that there is just low demand for them. i agree.

doesn't matter if only 8 million are in circulation instead of 18 million. Coins can be diveded into 100million bits.

of course thats correct aswell, even if there were just 8 million, would be more than enough.

my intention never was to regulate aur, rather to prevent it from being manipulated like its happening right now.

democratic vote sounds good
smalltimer

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:21:43 AM

yes, looks like its even necessary to take the remains out, now that there is just low demand for them. i agree.

of course thats correct aswell, even if there were just 8 million, would be more than enough.

my intention never was to regulate aur, rather to prevent it from being manipulated like its happening right now.

democratic vote sounds good

sounds good. I am sure we will see a very good correction once airdrop is 100% completed and ideally active devteam is in place. I am sure volatility will be high at first but will also come down over time once the market has decided a fair value. Good luck to all participants.
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:10:09 PM

people are right. Don't drag that airdrop out and don't make it 10x or do you want it to fail? Whoever is deciding about the airdrop makes an impression as if working for the government and wanting this to fail right now. Or just has no brain. Devalue aur by 50% while it only has 70k$ cap? This is going to be a shitcoin and beyond repair after a 10x airdrop. Very likely. Do you want it to fail? Then carry airdrop out as planned. Nobody will want the coins. People won't even bother to claim them because they will be fractions of cents. If you give them 30 or 300 will not make a difference. The price will be the same. It will be another huge blow for crypto if you screw this very easy task up. The solution to cut the coins and remove unclaimed coins is very easy and fully rational. The longer this is dragged out the more likely it will fail completely. Please make the right decisions not only in the name of the first adopters, supporters and investors but also in the name of the citizens of iceland. Don't act stupid with the coins and don't drag it out. This is the last moment of hope. If it is traded below 50k$ cap it will be added to the necro-thread and forgotten (would fullfill all requirements to be on there listed as dead after trading that low for some extended time and without dev). Thank you very much for making the right decisions in this critical moment.
ontopicplease

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:04:14 PM

people are right. Don't drag that airdrop out and don't make it 10x or do you want it to fail? Whoever is deciding about the airdrop makes an impression as if working for the government and wanting this to fail right now. Or just has no brain. Devalue aur by 50% while it only has 70k$ cap? This is going to be a shitcoin and beyond repair after a 10x airdrop. Very likely. Do you want it to fail? Then carry airdrop out as planned. Nobody will want the coins. People won't even bother to claim them because they will be fractions of cents. If you give them 30 or 300 will not make a difference. The price will be the same. It will be another huge blow for crypto if you screw this very easy task up. The solution to cut the coins and remove unclaimed coins is very easy and fully rational. The longer this is dragged out the more likely it will fail completely. Please make the right decisions not only in the name of the first adopters, supporters and investors but also in the name of the citizens of iceland. Don't act stupid with the coins and don't drag it out. This is the last moment of hope. If it is traded below 50k$ cap it will be added to the necro-thread and forgotten (would fullfill all requirements to be on there listed as dead after trading that low for some extended time and without dev). Thank you very much for making the right decisions in this critical moment.

I am just curious, to who are you talking? Not willing to insult, but things are strange here. Many posters are addressing to some kind of person and they don't know themselves to whom they are talking to. At least this is how it looks to me. can anyone explain me what's going on here. Is there anyone who knows who decided to tenfold the airdrop. I havea lot of aurora and kept buying until now, prolly very dump.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:25:48 PM

strange indeed ontopicplease.

I don't know who controls the airdrop and I don't know who would know, either.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:05:15 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 12:41:48 AM by balu2

lol. WTF? altcoins really suck. let's make a takeover. Open source no? We need poeple who can do it. Fork it and remove the rest of the premine, push out new client, make new thread and website, done. Only trusted dev please.
Seen so much fail here when things are really not that hard to get right. Lack of communication, hiding and vanishing devs and so on. I am sick of it. I am going to leave alts if this fails. There is no hope for alts.
Investing is not even possible around here. Daytrading is the only option.

So we hereby declare aurora a failed shitcoin and Balduro the same wothless crap than all those other devs or what? Aurora was a scam? Abandoned in the first weeks? Where can i launch my own shitcoin please? I think this is not about speculation, crypto or anything else. This is a game of who can fool people better. I am going to launch my own 500 shitcoins and rob you pricks blind because nothing of value is produced around here. Every person in altcoins is a fool now. Crypto is one big scam.

Get the responsible person for aurora in here or make a fork and takeover if he can't be found or else all of crypto is going to fail. I am serious. I am going to bring you scams you can not even imagine because that's what crypto is all about. It was only invented to make scams possible. There is no other usecase for crypto than robbing people. Surely we can and will adapt.
kkcoin

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:19:17 AM

lol. WTF? altcoins really suck. let's make a takeover. Open source no? We need poeple who can do it. Fork it and remove the rest of the premine, push out new client, make new thread and website, done. Only trusted dev please.
Seen so much fail here when things are really not that hard to get right. Lack of communication, hiding and vanishing devs and so on. I am sick of it. I am going to leave alts if this fails. There is no hope for alts.
Investing is not even possible around here. Daytrading is the only option.

So we hereby declare aurora a failed shitcoin and Balduro the same wothless crap than all those other devs or what? Aurora was a scam? Abandoned in the first weeks? Where can i launch my own shitcoin please? I think this is not about speculation, crypto or anything else. This is a game of who can fool people better. I am going to launch my own 500 shitcoins and rob you pricks blind because nothing of value is produced around here. Every person in altcoins is a fool now. Crypto is one big scam.

Get the responsible person for aurora in here or make a fork and takeover if he can't be found or else all of crypto is going to fail. I am serious. I am going to bring you scams you can not even imagine because that's what crypto is all about. It was only invented to make scams possible. There is no other usecase for crypto than robbing people. Surely we can and will adapt.

+1

finally someone who perceives that altcoin-business as scam! im tired aswell to be dependant of obviously wrong, undemocratic decisions of people, who seem not aware and responsible for what they do. i thought that is the reason why we all are into crypto!??

you cant even use aurora for daytrading. i was successfully daytrading and long term holding (had no idea of the second airdrop) and lost about 75%.

its just a big f****** scam.

i hope you, balu2, realize the idea of your 500 shitcoins - you will get rich and when people lose all their money they be like "whats the next coin?"

the airdrop has to be stopped immediatelly, if not, lets truly make a fork.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:30:07 PM

the airdrop has to be stopped immediatelly, if not, lets truly make a fork.

I don't know if/why/what, but it seems the airdrop is somehow halted. Either that, or no one is claiming any more: there are only about 3 transactions of 318 AUR per day since about 1.5 days.

Anyone know what's up?

Can someone with an Icelandic IP check what the claim page says?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:37:24 PM

Aurora is so difficult to mine that the 350 "gift" bestowed by the air drop to the people of Iceland is very generous, saying that I don't have particular problem with it (even though I have a hard time to mine even 100 AUR  Cool and reason why is that only AUR in hands of many and in the substantial amount can lift it's value, speculations we have already experienced and there is no reason to repeat it, no more fast money for the few, airdrop is correct way thing to do and in some ways AUR is "property" but shared globally among people of Iceland

thank you
kkcoin

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:09:38 PM

according to auroracoin.org 25.29% airdropcoins are in circulation ( 2.655.603,4 total). last figure i remember was around 10% and it wasnt that long ago
(im not from iceland)

@q327K091

you can see that there arent many interesting in claiming aurora, even when its free.

so, having a balanced price, which is not driven by speculation seems utopian to me.

there need to be 'fast money for the few', a reward for the fast/first/pioneers and speculation is a basic thing of crypto and fiat currencies.

even when 'll we have an established crypto - we still have a market, with profit, egoism and stuff. the rules of a market will still work and that requires 'winners' and 'losers'

those who wont claim now cant be 'winners'
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:25:25 PM

according to auroracoin.org 25.29% airdropcoins are in circulation ( 2.655.603,4 total). last figure i remember was around 10% and it wasnt that long ago
(im not from iceland)

@q327K091

you can see that there arent many interesting in claiming aurora, even when its free.

so, having a balanced price, which is not driven by speculation seems utopian to me.

there need to be 'fast money for the few', a reward for the fast/first/pioneers and speculation is a basic thing of crypto and fiat currencies.

even when 'll we have an established crypto - we still have a market, with profit, egoism and stuff. the rules of a market will still work and that requires 'winners' and 'losers'

those who wont claim now cant be 'winners'

will be completely honest with you here, meteoric rise months ago was so unexpected and so sudden and dare to say "manipulative" that it bears the question (overall) as to purpose of crypto currencies in general.

Fortunately I have skipped all that and stayed out from AUR (was not caught up did not lose a cent or kilowatt of electricity), did not rent expensive rig, nothing, sensed something was wrong,

Now in peace and quite one can mine/air drop and resurrect concept of local currency with an accent on maybe just maybe on local economy (such as are in my mind "country" coins)

If Iceland decides (and they will have to do this) crypto is viable for them as an alternative to standard way of doing business, then coin will go places and my hope is used in commerce over there, and I actually believe it will, bitcoin is going to see such a strong rise that will catch many by surprise but prices will be beyond reach of local (but growing) economies

Personally I do have a problem (conceptually) with too large of an accumulation in hands of a few ONLY because they can manipulate markets/prices although! people can counter balance buy purchasing back coins that are sold by the "exclusive club" with access either to machinery or just FIAT

I checked quickly TOP 100 AUR richest addresses, and gladly see large number of 10 to 100 holders , this is very nice to see and possible hope

http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-auroracoin-addresses.html

Its all my opinion and for every 100 people asked what they think of crypto you will get 100 answers  Cool
kkcoin

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:33:16 PM

thank you for you answer, which do appers honest to me

of course it is about speculation (rise and fall) and the previous hight aur reached a couple months ago probably was nothing but a hype.

guess i share the position that you have: i do prefer a rather natural, steady grow of marketcap, no bubble (aurora lately, in my

opinion, seemed healthy and was on a good way, for the long haul)

you said, you've skipped aur by now, so the present low price might be good for those who will start now, but i'm thinking about the coinholders (besides me)

that got 'punished' for their early participation - i think thats not correct (continuously being in the logic of 'steady growth')

the accumulation of aur in few hands is, when you ask me, a natural result of a free market

we will see what happens Smiley
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:12:26 PM

Use TOR, set Exit-Node-Rule "Iceland-only". There are > 10 Iceland exit nodes.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:23:14 PM

Damn! This coin is still around?

I dumped all mine back in March when it was worth something.

Anyway, good luck.
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:35:33 PM

thank you for you answer, which do appers honest to me

of course it is about speculation (rise and fall) and the previous hight aur reached a couple months ago probably was nothing but a hype.

guess i share the position that you have: i do prefer a rather natural, steady grow of marketcap, no bubble (aurora lately, in my

opinion, seemed healthy and was on a good way, for the long haul)

you said, you've skipped aur by now, so the present low price might be good for those who will start now, but i'm thinking about the coinholders (besides me)

that got 'punished' for their early participation - i think thats not correct (continuously being in the logic of 'steady growth')

the accumulation of aur in few hands is, when you ask me, a natural result of a free market

we will see what happens Smiley

my pleasure, I understand where you are coming from (large AUR holding), long term crypto will happen, it is just psychologically we all want to see fast "results" usually this is called profit  Cool
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:37:14 PM

Damn! This coin is still around?

I dumped all mine back in March when it was worth something.

Anyway, good luck.

look at you! great timing must have been precognition
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:43:07 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2014, 12:58:54 PM by V500

i think it would have been better to send every icelander bottlecaps in the mail to replace their crona because they would have been easier adopted than this constantly more worthless shitcoin. Let's see what happens when it is traded at 2000$ cap and if that helps the manipulation afterwards?
The hostile stance towards gains and speculation will kill this coin and make it highly manipulated. Because the whales just eat it all for nothing and then you are crying in the end. The logic is flawed. Anyways. This fails because you give the coins to the whales for free. They are happy to keep gobbling it up. These cheap coins really only benefit the whales and it is breeding a highly manipulated market in the future. Either it dies because noones supports it or the whales have it all in the end. Well done being hostile towards gains and investement. Send them bottlecaps in the mail is better, i tell you.

It is also shocking nobody feels responsible. Fuckin muricans. Murican failcoin.

Beat the investors to death and see what you will gain. HAHAHAHA

Let this market be cornered by whales. You are doing a great job!

This hostile blabla towards gains and speculators is utter nonsense.

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: