Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:56:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506373 times)
naplam

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 06:30:11 PM

CrunchPool just moved to a new server in Canada, with low latency to US and Europe, you can still mine AUR, SPA and more coins with us!
http://p2pool.crunchpool.com:12347/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
naplam

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 06:49:05 PM

what s up here? Auroracoin still alive? Are there any devs left?

hard to say. Haven't heard of balduro in a long time. However someone managed to get the second airdrop going (end of july, still in progress, 4500 claims so far. Has ebbed down, though with ~1.4 million AUR claimed. Surprising for most of us: the claim amount was raised 10-fold to 318 AUR per person).

Who knows.. it's a long unlikely shot now and it doesn't look good. Doubt any Icelanders are doing much of anything but selling their airdrop coins.

I think that they only way to salvage this coin is to abort the airdrop and for all the remaining amounts in the pre-mined addresses to be provably destroyed.

That's what SpainCoin has been doing, and the SPA airdrop has finished now: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=500511.msg9034911#msg9034911

solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:41:35 PM

what s up here? Auroracoin still alive? Are there any devs left?

hard to say. Haven't heard of balduro in a long time. However someone managed to get the second airdrop going (end of july, still in progress, 4500 claims so far. Has ebbed down, though with ~1.4 million AUR claimed. Surprising for most of us: the claim amount was raised 10-fold to 318 AUR per person).

Who knows.. it's a long unlikely shot now and it doesn't look good. Doubt any Icelanders are doing much of anything but selling their airdrop coins.

I think that they only way to salvage this coin is to abort the airdrop and for all the remaining amounts in the pre-mined addresses to be provably destroyed.

That's what SpainCoin has been doing, and the SPA airdrop has finished now: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=500511.msg9034911#msg9034911

Wow. Congratulations. I will follow it with interest.

rocanonz

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:33:52 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 09:43:57 PM by rocanonz

Iceland is not so easy to understand.
From what I know, they are hard working, fair and open mind people.
They don't need auroracoin or bitcoin to be wealthy. They accomplish this some time ago.
Auroracoin is about the moist priceless thing: freedom
http://world-information.org/wio/readme/992003309/1135174126

We live in a surreal time when the language of commerce has been allowed to fashion far too many aspects of our social existence. Cities are not brands. They are living entities: eco-systems in relation to which humans have evolved modes of living which in turn have accumulated history. Neither history nor geography is incidental. Neither can be wished away. We can try to re-image the world as though what already exists were of no consequence, but it cannot work. Sooner or later the nitty gritty of matter will disrupt our diurnal dreaming. The rains, the drains, the floods, the sewage, the traffic, the potholes and the rising temperatures. The headaches, the exhaustion, the burn out, the breakdown of bodies battered by the logic of profit.
King117

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:31:34 AM

AWESOME!  Cool
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:04:28 AM

Yeah, don't write off a coin just because the forum thread dies, I sure hope the original developer is dead tho! :p

AUR was an okay idea- I don't think we had seen fair distribution or real progress towards it. It was all 'talk' 

The only country coin I see succeeding is called phcoin and they left bitcointalk months ago with tremendous updates
through official medium of communications to their community on facebook, twitter, irc, and announcement pages.

The original developer has done his job and has done it rather well, it's the community that failed to pick up what needed to be done. I still have a firm believe in this initiative, but have to say I need to finally see some activity from within Iceland first before I pick up again.

Having said that, I think Balduro eventually really has "broken the shackles". Unfortunately not for Iceland, but for crypto in general. Wishing him dead is the same as praying for the end of Cryptocurrencies, for it's persons like him that pave the way by creating new challenges.

If anything, I would have wished for Icelanders to have picked up this initiative more like my fellow countryman have (NLG).

Auroracoin was designed to fail.  It was one of my first looks at cryptocurrency and I was very excited when I heard about the project.  I had visited Iceland the previous summer and of course had fallen in love with the place.  "Awesome!" I thought, and then I read... I read news articles in the BBC that hadn't been sourced, merely passed on, I read that the development was taking place on the mainland, even weeks into the project none of the people I knew and contacted in Iceland had heard of it.  Consider this... Boots on the ground, merchants being set up to use, an informed population, none of this was being done.  Here's a very VERY telling fact... there was a huge rush just to get the system in place for the first air-drop, and days before it was to happen, the software was just being written.

Why

The

Hurry.

There can be no reason other than to foster a sense of urgency, panic, and just 'get-er-done!" and think later.  The whole thing was done without any planning whatsoever, no consultation, no talking to merchants, business-people, and they hadn't even contacted the local small but there cryptocommunity.

Just remember "The Producers", built to fail, just like Urocoin.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:12:53 PM

I see blocks are typically found every couple minutes, but today two blocks were over 2 hours.  These blocks had a larger number of transactions in them.

What is the connection between block size and time to discover?
naplam

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 11:17:52 PM

I see blocks are typically found every couple minutes, but today two blocks were over 2 hours.  These blocks had a larger number of transactions in them.

transactions happen all the time, so if a block takes 2 hours to mine it's obviously going to have a ton of transactions, all those made during a 2 hour period, instead of the few transmitted during the normal period of a few minutes.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 05:13:26 AM

I see blocks are typically found every couple minutes, but today two blocks were over 2 hours.  These blocks had a larger number of transactions in them.

none

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 05:14:07 AM

what's the rally about? any news?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 11:08:53 AM

It's the autoswitching mining Pools. In case you havent noticed, rates allmost doubled yesterday. That means mining AUR became profitable to them. They bashed the hashes for a short time, leaving the network with high diff, but low hash. This results in slower block times. Time for DGW3 shield!

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:06:07 PM

It's the autoswitching mining Pools. In case you havent noticed, rates allmost doubled yesterday. That means mining AUR became profitable to them. They bashed the hashes for a short time, leaving the network with high diff, but low hash. This results in slower block times. Time for DGW3 shield!

Wouldn't merged mining with LTC solve a lot of problems for AUR?
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 07:39:09 AM

Wouldn't merged mining with LTC solve a lot of problems for AUR?

It might, provided there is an option for that. On the other hand, Iceland is the most ideal place to start self supporting mining allowing enough hashing to keep the switching pools out... I believe we still have a plan on that subject ;-)

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
newjobsonline

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:22:13 PM

Auroracoin Added to CEX.IO Trading Platform

Hey AUR users,

Now on CEX.IO you can trade AUR/BTC and as you will already know in the Ghash.IO Multipool we already have AUR available.

We are adding many new coins and fiat options to CEX.IO so we invite all AUR users to come and see.

Mine AUR Trade AUR https://cex.io

Why AUR?  there isn't even a community here anymore. When is the last time the devs made an update?

I think the only reasonable reason they put AUR here is so they can buy it from all others and then keep holding

just a thought
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:21:55 PM

Yeah, don't write off a coin just because the forum thread dies, I sure hope the original developer is dead tho! :p

AUR was an okay idea- I don't think we had seen fair distribution or real progress towards it. It was all 'talk' 

The only country coin I see succeeding is called phcoin and they left bitcointalk months ago with tremendous updates
through official medium of communications to their community on facebook, twitter, irc, and announcement pages.

The original developer has done his job and has done it rather well, it's the community that failed to pick up what needed to be done. I still have a firm believe in this initiative, but have to say I need to finally see some activity from within Iceland first before I pick up again.

Having said that, I think Balduro eventually really has "broken the shackles". Unfortunately not for Iceland, but for crypto in general. Wishing him dead is the same as praying for the end of Cryptocurrencies, for it's persons like him that pave the way by creating new challenges.

If anything, I would have wished for Icelanders to have picked up this initiative more like my fellow countryman have (NLG).

Auroracoin was designed to fail.  It was one of my first looks at cryptocurrency and I was very excited when I heard about the project.  I had visited Iceland the previous summer and of course had fallen in love with the place.  "Awesome!" I thought, and then I read... I read news articles in the BBC that hadn't been sourced, merely passed on, I read that the development was taking place on the mainland, even weeks into the project none of the people I knew and contacted in Iceland had heard of it.  Consider this... Boots on the ground, merchants being set up to use, an informed population, none of this was being done.  Here's a very VERY telling fact... there was a huge rush just to get the system in place for the first air-drop, and days before it was to happen, the software was just being written.

Why

The

Hurry.

There can be no reason other than to foster a sense of urgency, panic, and just 'get-er-done!" and think later.  The whole thing was done without any planning whatsoever, no consultation, no talking to merchants, business-people, and they hadn't even contacted the local small but there cryptocommunity.

It is possible that Auroracoin was 'designed to fail' like you said, and that this project was commissioned by people scared of the change that cryptos can bring and sabotaged from the start. Because the developer chose to stay anonymous then there is no way to deny this accusation. But it is also the case that this is still a project that other people can build on, so long as there are people in Iceland willing to devote their time and lend their names to a movement in order to revitalize this project.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
filipe3x

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:13:14 PM

http://aur.bitember.com/ is up with a brand new interface  Wink
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 10:19:50 PM

Auroracoin was designed to fail.  It was one of my first looks at cryptocurrency and I was very excited when I heard about the project.  I had visited Iceland the previous summer and of course had fallen in love with the place.  "Awesome!" I thought, and then I read... I read news articles in the BBC that hadn't been sourced, merely passed on, I read that the development was taking place on the mainland, even weeks into the project none of the people I knew and contacted in Iceland had heard of it.  Consider this... Boots on the ground, merchants being set up to use, an informed population, none of this was being done.  Here's a very VERY telling fact... there was a huge rush just to get the system in place for the first air-drop, and days before it was to happen, the software was just being written.

Why

The

Hurry.

There can be no reason other than to foster a sense of urgency, panic, and just 'get-er-done!" and think later.  The whole thing was done without any planning whatsoever, no consultation, no talking to merchants, business-people, and they hadn't even contacted the local small but there cryptocommunity.

It is possible that Auroracoin was 'designed to fail' like you said, and that this project was commissioned by people scared of the change that cryptos can bring and sabotaged from the start. Because the developer chose to stay anonymous then there is no way to deny this accusation. But it is also the case that this is still a project that other people can build on, so long as there are people in Iceland willing to devote their time and lend their names to a movement in order to revitalize this project.

This is also true.  I just had a flash of this scene from "Fight Club"....

You know what this is?  It's a bridesmaid's dress.  It was loved once, for a day, and then thrown away, never to be used again, so sad.

*lol*

I don't think a government conspiracy is credible, but one theory was that it was a mechanism for some Icelandic businessman to get his currency in/out of the country and avoid the current strict rules surrounding that.

Activity: 128
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:39:28 AM

You could do something like:      Shocked Shocked

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=403437.4360

http://www.msn.com/es-es/noticias/tecnologia/la-pesetacoin-una-nueva-forma-de-pago-por-internet/ar-BB9O0XC
laitec

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:45:27 AM

any hope for this coin?

BitNet(VPNCOIN)第二论赠币:Vvqo32yAiARGVym2Kb5DvSqP32S9i9Xtrn
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:24:24 PM

any hope for this coin?

could be 50 cent to 5$ easy if only someone was responsible and would start to work on it  Roll Eyes

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: