Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:37:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684961 times)
aamarket

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 04:45:20 PM

diff 1593 -  still close to the long time low.
It's great time for starting your miner and make some money :
lower diff = higher return Wink

IMPORTANT:http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0,Tips welcome BTC:1AAMARKETmJvfjDwEFmhyYYwfre7ZFVseP  RIC:RGnX6LcJrsVEuYeySDDxkmH7AjRqoprcKt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
northranger79510

Activity: 308

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:34:12 AM

I didn't even know we had this option. Excellent find!
One feature to set RIC apart could be to avoid the creation of change addresses, and send the change back to the original address.

In theory this reduces ECDSA strength, in practice, if this reduction is enough to matter, then ECDSA can be considered broken anyway (if only because exchanges have you reuse the same addresses, and thus are exposed to the same vulnerability, which would completely discredit a crypto).

There are nice benefits however:
  • no need to backup the wallet after every spend, since no new private keys are generated on the fly
  • reduced wallet backup security issues because of the above
  • reduced address/account cross-contamination, and possibility to have proper accounts in a wallet

The anonymity loss from the lack of change addresses is minimal in practice, the anonymity gain from no longer having change addresses being combined is high (combined change addresses essentially shout to the world that two addresses were part of the same wallet).

Also in terms of coin safety, change addresses are probably the simplest way to lose your coins, because if you have 1000 coins at address X, make a backup, then spend 1 coin, your backup is already worthless. The spend will have sent 1 coin to your specified address, and 999 to a new change address, whose private key won't be in your last backup...

You can do that with v0.9.1!
In the wallet, go to settings->options, and on the "display" tab, check the "Display coin control features (experts only)" checkbox.
After doing that, on the "send" dialog you'll see the "coin control features", where you'll have a "Custom change address". There you can set the address you'd like.

Maybe I can add a feature that, when enabled, would automatically use the largest input address automatically. This would make it easier to use, but the functionality is already there!

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
dfirst179

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:44:58 AM

Also, would it be possible to move Riecoin towards anonymous transaction? o.o

anonymous in darksend style, I'd rather not, as I consider it to be kinda bs. Better just use a mixing service.
anonymous in cryptonote/monero style, maybe with a hard fork. It implies some work and I haven't fully understood the whole ring signature whitepaper yet (this means I'm not yet convinced of its security, although it looks solid), but it should be possible... if Riecoin doesn't take off as it should, I'll consider implementing it.

edit: anonymous in zerocoin's style: cool, but the implementation doesn't exist yet.

Yup. I think a perfect coin would have the anonymity of Zerocoin, community of Dogecoin, scientific improvements like Riecoin, energy efficient like gridcoin, fun like Huntercoin, and useful functions like Datacoin.

i like ur idea its a good vision but can we make it happen yo? lets go do it, this will be a good coin
northranger79510

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:38:24 AM

anonymous in darksend style, I'd rather not, as I consider it to be kinda bs. Better just use a mixing service.
anonymous in cryptonote/monero style, maybe with a hard fork. It implies some work and I haven't fully understood the whole ring signature whitepaper yet (this means I'm not yet convinced of its security, although it looks solid), but it should be possible... if Riecoin doesn't take off as it should, I'll consider implementing it.

edit: anonymous in zerocoin's style: cool, but the implementation doesn't exist yet.

Yup. I think a perfect coin would have the anonymity of Zerocoin, community of Dogecoin, scientific improvements like Riecoin, energy efficient like gridcoin, fun like Huntercoin, and useful functions like Datacoin.

i like ur idea its a good vision but can we make it happen yo? lets go do it, this will be a good coin
I don't think we can implement all of it but some.

dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 01:46:32 PM

Gatra, what's your RIC address?
I haven't been doing enough on the miner in the last month due to other stuff.
You deserve the dev fee from the mining more than I do for this period;  I'll ship it over.

gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 02:38:56 PM

You deserve the dev fee from the mining more than I do for this period;  I'll ship it over.

thanks! it's in my signature: RByJXMhtRa2Jc2ix6sWoVRZq3kyK3zb8nY

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
dga

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 02:57:50 PM

You deserve the dev fee from the mining more than I do for this period;  I'll ship it over.

thanks! it's in my signature: RByJXMhtRa2Jc2ix6sWoVRZq3kyK3zb8nY

Sent 351.  Sorry it's not more. Smiley  Tx 9d77ea1f0e0921db6bf91758a1e202a56dfa3ff4e638b464001bd7a7a236b954
Expect another transaction in a week with probably 1000.  Have to go find that wallet.

gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 03:11:07 AM

I don't think we can implement all of it but some.

Of course I'd love to see all of that, but realistically, there are always trade-offs and decisions to be made... here is what I think:

community of Dogecoin
- I don't know how to achieve this...

energy efficient like gridcoin
- I don't like gridcoin because it's centralized (on the owners of the BOINC projects), and I believe it's not actually energy efficient, since the power spent on BOINC projects does not actually help securing the blockchain. In this sense Riecoin is better: it's a distributed project for testing a mathematical problem (like those in BOINC) that also serves as a currency, and mining itself is the scientific computation! As a long term project I want to make it fold proteins too. It may not be possible to make the folding BE the securing of the blockchain, but at least it should be possible to do it in a decentralized way, where work verification is done by the nodes of the network and not by an external centralized entity. But this would probably call for a new coin, not RIC itself.

fun like Huntercoin
- sorry, but Huntercoin is too different to what we're doing here, I don't see how we could make it work together... but hey... prime constellations can be fun too Smiley

useful functions like Datacoin
- with the inclusion of OP_RETURN in v0.9.1, it's possible to easily store metadata on the blockchain. Only the tools to make it user-friendly would be needed.
That's nice, but I don't like it that in Datacoin every node has to store all the data and only the miners get the rewards. People interested in the scientific aspects of Riecoin may not be interested in dedicating a lot of disk space to store other people's junk. I'll try to think of a way to implement this where data is not on the blockchain, so only those who want to can dedicate their storage. And the fees you pay to store data would go to those actually holding your data, not to miners. So if you have storage capacity but not CPU power, you can "rent" your space. This could even work better than datacoin or using OP_RETURN because we wouldn't have the 1MB-per-block size limit: we could store files of any size. You would pay a monthly fee, and nodes that have your data would have to prove they still have it in order to receive the payments.

I have a lot of ideas but they require a lot of work. I wish I could dedicate myself to this 100% but I still have to pay my rent!

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 03:42:55 AM

coin mixing, annon ??

may want to read this ....

http://www.scribd.com/doc/227369807/Bitcoin-Coinjoin-Not-Anonymous-v01

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 06:35:53 AM

Further reflection on the solutions to alleviate the need to always backup the wallet is the seed approach used by electrum

https://electrum.org/faq.html#seed

Basically all keys are generated from a single seed, so even if you lose your wallet.dat, all the keys can be re-generated at a later time if you stored a paper copy of the seed, you'll only lose account names and labels, but never the coins themselves.

Only downside is that keys are only as strong as the seed and the pseudo-rng, but that can be made hard enough to not be the weakest link.

fairglu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 07:18:56 AM

coin mixing, annon ??

The weakness with anonymity usually isn't in the blockchain or mixing anyway, it's at the conversion to/from fiat (for obvious reasons), as well as at the exchanges levels (since those have your email address and your ip address history).

dfirst179

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:33:12 PM

ideas come easy as pie but doing the grind to make things happen and implement stuff isnt yo
northranger79510

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:12:52 AM

ideas come easy as pie but doing the grind to make things happen and implement stuff isnt yo
Yup. But Implementation originate from imagination. Gatra did give some input on what is and isn't possible. He is doing the best he can with one person and is continuously looking to improve Riecoin.

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 01:42:25 AM

this is true but can be somewhat overcome by the use of tor and other tools to obscure things....

some exchanges will not let you log on from a tor exit node however.....

coin mixing, annon ??

The weakness with anonymity usually isn't in the blockchain or mixing anyway, it's at the conversion to/from fiat (for obvious reasons), as well as at the exchanges levels (since those have your email address and your ip address history).

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 01:46:43 AM

I applaud all efforts of Garta and development of Riecoin.

As a developer myself this is one of the few threads I regularly read and one of the few coins I follow and believe to have serious long term life.

My only wish is that mining (solo mining vs. in a pool with closed source software) was at least 'possible' or within reach of an individual.

I tried running several large 'droplets' to mine riecoin for 48 hours last week and while I am no expert in configuration I hit not a single block.

Still it is easy enough to obtain on Mintpal (or other exchanges I imagine as well) and not very expensive.

Yup. But Implementation originate from imagination. Gatra did give some input on what is and isn't possible. He is doing the best he can with one person and is continuously looking to improve Riecoin.

Check out my coin Photon

dga

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 02:21:21 AM

As a developer myself this is one of the few threads I regularly read and one of the few coins I follow and believe to have serious long term life.

My only wish is that mining (solo mining vs. in a pool with closed source software) was at least 'possible' or within reach of an individual.

I tried running several large 'droplets' to mine riecoin for 48 hours last week and while I am no expert in configuration I hit not a single block.

Still it is easy enough to obtain on Mintpal (or other exchanges I imagine as well) and not very expensive.

the pool is closed source, but the miner is open source with a very permissive license - anyone is welcome to take the core I wrote and adapt it for solo mining (or you can use a00k's solo miner) or stratum.

I think that with the new b15 design, it might actually be easier to adapt than before, but it depends a little on how the destination codebase manages its threads.

gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 04:25:31 AM

the pool is closed source, but the miner is open source with a very permissive license - anyone is welcome to take the core I wrote and adapt it for solo mining (or you can use a00k's solo miner) or stratum.

I think that with the new b15 design, it might actually be easier to adapt than before, but it depends a little on how the destination codebase manages its threads.

I was working on the lines of a stratum/xpt proxy and also on adding an xpt server inside riecoind in order to do solo-mining, but maybe what you say could be implemented sooner, I haven't really looked at the source of b15. Does it run on Linux and Windows? I remember there where problems with some versions of your miner under win.

also, I'd like to thank everyone for the support and discussion of ideas that I'm seeing on this thread

I didn't know some exchanges were blacklisting tor nodes... what if the coin's network would also work as an onion routing network?

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
fairglu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 07:39:32 AM

I didn't know some exchanges were blacklisting tor nodes... what if the coin's network would also work as an onion routing network?

IME running faucets & other password-protected sites, TOR nodes are much more commonly used by bots trying to abuse and brute-force than actual users.

Bots don't use TOR for the anonymity but to bypass all the ip-based banning & mitigation protections. A script kiddy with a single cheapo VPS attempting to to brute-force directly will ip-banned automatically very fast. Have it go through TOR, and the cheapo VPS will look like hundreds of IPs.

If the coin network uses onion routing dedicated to the coin network needs, and does not allow random bots to abuse of it, it shouldn't be a problem, as long as it only onion-routes its own transactions.

(as an aside, this btw is why I'm not convinced coin networks that bundle a message service aren't such a good idea: if the message service can be abused, it could jeopardize the coin)

fairglu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 02:39:01 PM

Announcing a beta feature for the Riecoin Blockchain Explorer:

Riecoin Address Watch

When you go to the page of an address, you now have a new "Watch this address" link, where you can then register an email address.

The next time coins are spent from that address, the explorer will send you a notification email.

You can use it to keep track on public funds, addresses that should or shouldn't be spent, etc.

armanperalta

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:03:54 AM

Guys im having a problem running the xptminer on ubuntu 14.04.
It says permission denied when i try to run it on terminal, i already navigate to the folder of the files.

./xptminer-sse4-b15 -o http://ypool.net -u <username>.<workername> -p <password> -t 4

Im using i5-920.
Also, how to create a batch file (.bat) like on windows, so that i can run the miner by just opening the file or putting it to startup programs.

Thanks.
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: