Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:26:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684948 times)
gym520

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 03:18:12 AM

I need to compile a source CPU mining software version of the windows, I will give you some riecion as reward, if you can help me please email me gymsky520@gmail.com tell me how much you need. thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:22:32 AM

hi all,

i will mining a little RIC, but i have nothing mining .json
what must i do?

i have download rminerd3.1.1, but what i also need?

start = json_rpc_call failed ??

best
makuny
Hello, the miner you downloaded is the first version and enables mining in Solo (directly in your wallet)

Given the high current difficulty of coin you should use one of the optimized miner (see dga-c16 or xptMiner2) that support the Stratum protocol and can be used on RiePool or XpoolX.

ok, i download xptminer. and now?
i create a .bat but don´t work - don´t open ?

Download www.xpoolx.com/xpoolxminer.zip

Unzip.

Edit bat file and paste this:

xptminer -m -o mining.xpoolx.com:5000 -u YOURUSER.YOURWORKER -p YOURPASS -t 8

save it and then open it and you will be mining.

Thanks, for systems with 32GB of ECC RAM, any extra -options I can do?
Never understood the sieve size.
Also I run Linux and Windows, 64bit systems.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
Simba84

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:37:37 AM

Thanks, for systems with 32GB of ECC RAM, any extra -options I can do?
Never understood the sieve size.
Also I run Linux and Windows, 64bit systems.

Hi, the sieve size indicates the size for the allocation of prime numbers table.

For example "-s 1000000" generates a table of prime numbers between the integers 1 and 1000000.

A high value can affect the mining power but it is a minimum improvement...

With 32GB of RAM you can set a value of 3.5/4 billions
PeaMine

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:34:33 AM

Thanks! On Linux, any source files I can compile my own miner with for pool mining?
Or do each of the pools only have their per-compiled miners?
Which one would be best for a Haswell in Linux?

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
Simba84

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:47:36 AM

Thanks! On Linux, any source files I can compile my own miner with for pool mining?

Go to http://www.riepool.ovh/index.php?page=gettingstarted page.

There is the complete procedure for compiling the miner and the installation of all the necessary dependencies for Linux 64Bit Systems.

To compile xptMiner with sets of specific CPU instructions should modify the "Makefile" file before compiling by removing/inserting REMs.

In this part of the script:
ifeq ($(OSVERSION),Linux)
   LIBS += -lrt
   ARCHFLAGS = -march=native
#   ARCHFLAGS = -march=corei7-avx
#   ARCHFLAGS = -march=corei7-avx2
#   ARCHFLAGS = -march=corei7 -mno-avx

endif

To consider the possibility that the miner can crash with segmentation fault error!
Simba84

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 07:33:59 PM

Now someone please explain to me why at least 10 blocks solved by RiePool were magically assigned to XpoolX in a few seconds!

I just want to know why someone is playing games here!
xpoolx

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:15:21 PM

Now someone please explain to me why at least 10 blocks solved by RiePool were magically assigned to XpoolX in a few seconds!

How a guy who modified the Dave Anderson miner (who is a great engineer) improving it to 25%!! it's speed can ask that bullshit?

Do you know what is a an orphan block? or why a block is orphaned?

Nobody is playing nothing, only the FUCKING DDoSer it's harming you.
Simba84

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:55:32 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2016, 12:05:42 AM by Simba84

How a guy who modified the Dave Anderson miner (who is a great engineer) improving it to 25%!! it's speed can ask that bullshit?

Do you think it's normal to have suddenly 10 orphans blocks resolved 40 minutes before??
I have not been attacked today, a few days ago is not today!

About xptMiner 2.0 you're just jealous because it can't be used on your pool. But then... you know the Assembly or you are left to VB6?!?

Those who have tried it and uses it knows well what are the improvements.

Cut it out and grow kid!

Goodbye XpoolX Admin
PeaMine

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 03:42:16 AM

There is the complete procedure for compiling the miner and the installation of all the necessary dependencies for Linux 64Bit Systems.

To compile xptMiner with sets of specific CPU instructions should modify the "Makefile" file before compiling by removing/inserting REMs.

LIBS += -lrt

endif

To consider the possibility that the miner can crash with segmentation fault error!
For Sandy Bridge, which would be optimal? -march=corei7-avx?
Thanks for the help!
Or should I just use the pre-compiled one?

I compiled them using build all, and I get this:
Cannot resolve 'riepool.ovh'. Is it a valid URL?
However I can ping it.
Using -o http://riepool.ovh:8000
Tried with and without -m

one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 03:56:17 AM

No games here. Your pools share roughly 50 % of the network. Due to propagation speed of the 1st block found (in the chain of ten) xpoolx's result got accepted by the majority of the network a little faster than the block your pool has found.
So the thing is, because xpool's block got accepted and yours not (but the network needed some time to find that out and feed that information back to you) xpoolx already worked on the next block, where as you started on the next block while not knowing for a few seconds that the work done by the miners in your pool is based on your (soon the) orphaned block. So hashpower 'was wasted' on a wrong basis (false block), which gave xpool a slight time advantage to find the next block, where as you had to restart work on the basis of the block which was accepted by the network. This happened (unfortunately) 10 times in a row. And my guess it will always happen when booth of your pools have roughly the same hashpower (between 48 and 52 %) of the while RIC network. That is way a 3rd pool would be quite 'nice' for RIC.

Slightly related topic, a form of attack on the blockchain network (and the involved miners) if somebody has more than 50 % hashpower is the following idea. If you have let's say 90 % of the networks hashpower your probability finding a block before anyone else does, is very high (around 90 %). So if you take that hashpower away the rest of the network takes quite a bit longer to find the next block. Imagine the following: You can calculate roughly how long it would take for the rest of the network to find the next block. Let's say 15 minutes in RIC p2p network (just for arguments sake). So you as the evil attacker calculate the block (within 2 minutes), but don't announce it to the network. Instead you keep mining for 10 more minutes, finding 5 more blocks. So just before the others (the 10 % networks share) finds the result and announces it, you announce the all the blocks within a very short time frame (in our example within 5 minutes). You effectively DOS'ed the 10 % of the network and you can start your game from the beginning. Eventually you while loose from time to time in your game, but most of the time you create close to 100 % of all blocks because of your network superiority. The crazy thing is, that you actually don't need 90 % of the networks hash power to carry out the attack, you need just more than 50 %. In the 90 % example, the 10 % guys will give up mining.

one4many

P.S.: Please stop the cry-baby act and THINK before you write accusations like this.
Simba84

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 04:34:27 AM

No games here. Your pools share roughly 50 % of the network. Due to propagation speed of the 1st block found (in the chain of ten) xpoolx's result got accepted by the majority of the network a little faster than the block your pool has found.
So the thing is, because xpool's block got accepted and yours not (but the network needed some time to find that out and feed that information back to you) xpoolx already worked on the next block, where as you started on the next block while not knowing for a few seconds that the work done by the miners in your pool is based on your (soon the) orphaned block. So hashpower 'was wasted' on a wrong basis (false block), which gave xpool a slight time advantage to find the next block, where as you had to restart work on the basis of the block which was accepted by the network. This happened (unfortunately) 10 times in a row. And my guess it will always happen when booth of your pools have roughly the same hashpower (between 48 and 52 %) of the while RIC network. That is way a 3rd pool would be quite 'nice' for RIC.

Slightly related topic, a form of attack on the blockchain network (and the involved miners) if somebody has more than 50 % hashpower is the following idea. If you have let's say 90 % of the networks hashpower your probability finding a block before anyone else does, is very high (around 90 %). So if you take that hashpower away the rest of the network takes quite a bit longer to find the next block. Imagine the following: You can calculate roughly how long it would take for the rest of the network to find the next block. Let's say 15 minutes in RIC p2p network (just for arguments sake). So you as the evil attacker calculate the block (within 2 minutes), but don't announce it to the network. Instead you keep mining for 10 more minutes, finding 5 more blocks. So just before the others (the 10 % networks share) finds the result and announces it, you announce the all the blocks within a very short time frame (in our example within 5 minutes). You effectively DOS'ed the 10 % of the network and you can start your game from the beginning. Eventually you while loose from time to time in your game, but most of the time you create close to 100 % of all blocks because of your network superiority. The crazy thing is, that you actually don't need 90 % of the networks hash power to carry out the attack, you need just more than 50 %. In the 90 % example, the 10 % guys will give up mining.

one4many

P.S.: Please stop the cry-baby act and THINK before you write accusations like this.
I'm not accusing anyone, just expose the facts.
I know what you're talking, I was just wondering how you can solve blocks and 40 minutes after you see that this blocks are taken away and given to others.
At least you gave a complete answer to my question, what that "someone else" didn't, responding only with stupid comments to the Miner....
Simba84

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 04:55:39 AM

LIBS += -lrt

endif

Thanks for the help!

However I can ping it.

avx or avx2 instructions work on Haswell

The "build-all" options I think that create executables for Windows.

Just try:
make clean
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib make -j4

For the launch:
./xptminer -m -o http://riepool.ovh:8000 -u username.worker -p password

Try also with "riepool.ovh:8000" without the "http://"

If you want to try, download xptMiner 2.0 binary from RiePool HomePage.

Maybe you could make comparisons between this miner and xptminer-dga-c16 and see if indeed there is an increase in performance, so someone still doubtful can understand the differences between the two.

For xptMiner 2.0 (RiePool):
./xptminer2 -u username.worker -p password (-t CPU threads number) (-s sieve size)
PeaMine

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 10:28:24 AM

LIBS += -lrt

endif

Thanks for the help!

However I can ping it.

Just try:
make clean

For the launch:

Maybe you could make comparisons between this miner and xptminer-dga-c16 and see if indeed there is an increase in performance, so someone still doubtful can understand the differences between the two.

./xptminer2 -u username.worker -p password (-t CPU threads number) (-s sieve size)

the pre-compiled one works, but trying to compile it from source for my Sandy Bridge.
I can get it to compile, but no matter what I do with the compiled one I get :Cannot resolve 'riepool.ovh'. Is it a valid URL?
Can you compile it on Linux and paste a command line that works for you with the compiled one?
Possibly some tips on optimizing for Sandy Bridge and maybe Haswell (I don't have but a single Haswell so not a big deal)

Simba84

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:29:59 AM

the pre-compiled one works, but trying to compile it from source for my Sandy Bridge.
I can get it to compile, but no matter what I do with the compiled one I get :Cannot resolve 'riepool.ovh'. Is it a valid URL?
Can you compile it on Linux and paste a command line that works for you with the compiled one?
Possibly some tips on optimizing for Sandy Bridge and maybe Haswell (I don't have but a single Haswell so not a big deal)
I tried to compile the original dga and works well with RiePool with the script written above.

I write the steps...

Download xptMiner 2.0 from this link: http://riepool.ovh/downloads/New_Linux64_xptminer.zip
Script: ./xptminer2 -u username.worker -p password (-t CPU threads number) (-s sieve size)
It's the highest performing miner for Riecoin

Anyway for dga-c16 binary download this: http://riepool.ovh/downloads/Stratum_Linux_xptminer.zip
Script: ./xptminer -m -o http://riepool.ovh:8000 -u username.worker -p password

Give permissions to files with the command: chmod +x <filename>

Make the tests you want and let us know what you think.

Thank you
xpoolx

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 05:18:50 PM

LIBS += -lrt

endif

Thanks for the help!

However I can ping it.

Just try:
make clean

For the launch:

This happens to some users. Ping the pool you want: riepool.ovh or mining.xpoolx.com and paste the real ip. You'll able to mining with that config
xpoolx

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 05:25:00 PM

Do you think it's normal to have suddenly 10 orphans blocks resolved 40 minutes before??
I have not been attacked today, a few days ago is not today!

About xptMiner 2.0 you're just jealous because it can't be used on your pool. But then... you know the Assembly or you are left to VB6?!?

Those who have tried it and uses it knows well what are the improvements.

Cut it out and grow kid!

Goodbye XpoolX Admin

I've been grown years ago but im sure not even know how the dga algorithm work cause if yow knew how it works and then read your post about the improvement will understand why some users on the forum are asking the source code.

Or maybe you are using a better code than erathostenes algorithm? so you are a genius, give this men the math nobel

Im not jealous but i dont like the liars and scammers.
Simba84

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 06:10:15 PM

I've been grown years ago but im sure not even know how the dga algorithm work cause if yow knew how it works and then read your post about the improvement will understand why some users on the forum are asking the source code.

Or maybe you are using a better code than erathostenes algorithm? so you are a genius, give this men the math nobel

Im not jealous but i dont like the liars and scammers.
Considering that you are all PROGRAMMERS ..... but you know that you can implement Assembly code with C code?

You know that there are sets of instructions that can be used directly in C, that help you make calls to libraries written in ASM?

Ask to Andersen if you can do it...

I have also already said too much....

After your insults and criticism as a "scammer", "liar" and "shameful" believe you post this blessed source Huh

However happy you all happy!

Bye Bye
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 06:59:59 PM

I think something is up with Rascal's mining proxy. Not accusing him of anything, its probably just a bug. Maybe someone more technically minded on coinbase/stratum and other tech can chime in.

Every so often I mine a block worth 45.3333333 here is an example. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ric/tx.dws?e5a7eb4eae84dd53d78e27f880a40a93b09b41206b4740b2fe9a67207662fc8e.htm

This is the actual block link.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ric/block.dws?410814.htm

Can anyone shed some light on this?

xpoolx

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 07:43:06 PM

I think something is up with Rascal's mining proxy. Not accusing him of anything, its probably just a bug. Maybe someone more technically minded on coinbase/stratum and other tech can chime in.

Every so often I mine a block worth 45.3333333 here is an example. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ric/tx.dws?e5a7eb4eae84dd53d78e27f880a40a93b09b41206b4740b2fe9a67207662fc8e.htm

This is the actual block link.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ric/block.dws?410814.htm

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Can you paste your pool riecoin.json config? maybe there is a fee address
Bigtruck45

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 10:03:54 PM

Is this the correct forum to ask about the riecoin.org website?
It needs some serious updating.
For example several of the exchanges listed are no longer functioning.
Several of the links do not work.
Some of the listed forums are long since closed.
Overall just needs a review and update.
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: