Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:31:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684948 times)
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 09:20:10 PM

Fyi i continue to support Riecoin and if my comments above were taken I was 'abandoning' it that is not so.

I am however not going to mine if with the best hardware I have access to right now tells me it may be 75+ days on average to hit a block and difficulty is lower now that it has been.  I currently support or pay a lot of attention to very few coins other than the major accepted coins that hve been around a long time and a few that I am involved in development of myself, Riecoin is one of the few.....

For me (personally due to what I own to mine with or cloud resources I have available)  it is stoping mining 'for now' only until other alternatives are available. I never said I was dumping the Riecoin I own or would not purchase it if what I deem reasonable prices come to the market. 

When I have time, in between my own projects, i will see if I can get some type of pool code to work that would be open source and even if it is not working with the fastest miner available and I am no expert in pooled mining development it is on my list of things to give a shot to.

To the poster above who said he had solo mining working or partially developed, please put your work on github , give us a link and let everyone (including the experts here) take a look vs. a pm.  Code talks ....

I will never abandon this coin. I chose this coin because of its potential. Good news is that I will be finish with work by the end of next week and can focus mostly on Riecoin

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
huynhthuan999

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:08:40 AM

please please let e5 2670 config. e5 2670 and run many different ric / day?
thank
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 09:50:48 AM

New feature to the explorer: Largest Wallets!

It's a rich list with addresses aggregated by guesstimated wallets.

Any idea who is the exchange with the #1 wallet?
(if you spot your deposit address in there, you'll know)

northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:19:39 AM

New feature to the explorer: Largest Wallets!

It's a rich list with addresses aggregated by guesstimated wallets.

Any idea who is the exchange with the #1 wallet?
(if you spot your deposit address in there, you'll know)

Probably either poloniex or yPool

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:22:32 AM

i guess i could check on my own, do the block crawlers show many 'unredeemed outputs' of mined blocks ?

i bet not

the 'rich' list blew my mind,

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

vancsj

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:09:06 PM

hi! sorry I'm late for Thursday's update, been very busy.

thanks for the kind words and I'm sorry to keep losing miners... riecoin really takes a lot of my time
As mentioned earlier, pool code that supports stratum protocol has been published but the fastest miners that people use run the xpt protocol. So I'm working in adding stratum support to dga's miner, which is currently connecting to my pool but giving results like this:

Code:
[00:00:32] 2ch/s: 0.0000 3ch/s: 0.0000 4ch/s: 0.0000 Shares total: 0 / 0
[00:00:40] 2ch/s: 0.0000 3ch/s: 0.0000 4ch/s: 0.0000 Shares total: 0 / 0
[00:00:48] 2ch/s: 0.0000 3ch/s: 0.0000 4ch/s: 0.0000 Shares total: 0 / 0
[00:00:56] 2ch/s: 0.0000 3ch/s: 0.0000 4ch/s: 0.0000 Shares total: 0 / 0

still debugging...

wow I saw 1 block mined in p2pool, is it ready?

RIC solo mining with XPT miner @ zjuer.net:10034
northranger79510

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:36:33 AM

Any update this week Gatra?

istudy92

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:14:30 PM

I have been reading the last few pages, and I just want to say, I won't abandon this coin too.  I may not be as active speaking but thats just busy summer life, but mining I still go!
gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 06:09:27 PM

Hi! I've been a little sick  (just a flu) and I didn't touch a keyboard in like 4 days (!) that's weird for me... anyway, I'm still working but I didn't make much progress lately.

One idea I've been fantasizing about: we could make Riecoin2, based on the new ring signature anonymous coins (Monero/Bytecoin). It would be a fork of their code but using out PoW. There should be a way to transition from RIC to RIC2. Maybe we could have a burn period where we would burn RIC to transform them into RIC2, or I could just premine a lot of RIC2, sell them for at 1 RIC on an exchange and after a while just burn the unsold ones. The latter would be easier than monitoring both chains.

What do you think? those who don't like it would be allowed to continue in the current RIC, and the fact that you would be able to use it to buy RIC2 at a fixed price (for a while) would make the price (of RIC) go up. Or would it hold RIC2 down? who knows....

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
Q1WaR

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:01:39 PM

if so then please write it like Ric²  Wink
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:03:25 PM

+1

...and add RAM requirements (shinycoin) to make it a truly a CPU-only coin.
gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 10:13:32 PM

+1

I like Ric²

But right know I don't know how to make it more RAM demanding... (that is, without radically changing the PoW). After seeing the alleged speed of primecoin's gpu miner, I think that a Ric gpu miner will eventually be unavoidable. Newer GPUs will keep getting more and faster RAM anyway.

I was thinking of making the nonce (offset in the block's header) be 512 bits long instead of 256. This would allow for more efficient mining putting us closer to the elusive world record.

Also 5 mins per block: the wallet would sync faster and each block would have more difficulty, getting us closer to that record....

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
northranger79510

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:23:30 PM

Hi! I've been a little sick  (just a flu) and I didn't touch a keyboard in like 4 days (!) that's weird for me... anyway, I'm still working but I didn't make much progress lately.

One idea I've been fantasizing about: we could make Riecoin2, based on the new ring signature anonymous coins (Monero/Bytecoin). It would be a fork of their code but using out PoW. There should be a way to transition from RIC to RIC2. Maybe we could have a burn period where we would burn RIC to transform them into RIC2, or I could just premine a lot of RIC2, sell them for at 1 RIC on an exchange and after a while just burn the unsold ones. The latter would be easier than monitoring both chains.

What do you think? those who don't like it would be allowed to continue in the current RIC, and the fact that you would be able to use it to buy RIC2 at a fixed price (for a while) would make the price (of RIC) go up. Or would it hold RIC2 down? who knows....

Hm..What about all  the current RIC holders? How would transitioning it work? 1RIC=1RIC2?

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 11:25:35 PM

the longer numbers and block time are a great idea, not sure i would favor a riecoin 2 , I am still trying to research methods to mine riecoin

Also I am unconvinced that features of anon tx will hold water

Most that claim it are false now.

Obviously a good area for future research....

would be better to make your choice if you could check out that gpu miner on testnet of primecoin vs. see a demo

i do agree future technology will continue to increase what are the present limits of hardware ect...

+1

I like Ric²

But right know I don't know how to make it more RAM demanding... (that is, without radically changing the PoW). After seeing the alleged speed of primecoin's gpu miner, I think that a Ric gpu miner will eventually be unavoidable. Newer GPUs will keep getting more and faster RAM anyway.

I was thinking of making the nonce (offset in the block's header) be 512 bits long instead of 256. This would allow for more efficient mining putting us closer to the elusive world record.

Also 5 mins per block: the wallet would sync faster and each block would have more difficulty, getting us closer to that record....

Check out my coin Photon

northranger79510

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:04:37 AM

the longer numbers and block time are a great idea, not sure i would favor a riecoin 2 , I am still trying to research methods to mine riecoin

Also I am unconvinced that features of anon tx will hold water

Most that claim it are false now.

Obviously a good area for future research....

would be better to make your choice if you could check out that gpu miner on testnet of primecoin vs. see a demo

i do agree future technology will continue to increase what are the present limits of hardware ect...

+1

I like Ric²

Yea. I agree. Why make a new coin when a perfectly good coin already exist and needs improvement?

gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 03:08:34 AM

it's just an idea... I wanted to see how people felt about it....
I think we would set 1RIC = 1RIC² during the transition phase. (or maybe 1RIC = 1.2RIC² in order to favor RIC, we'll have to think about it carefully)
and you would choose if you move your coins to RIC² or stay in RIC. PoW and mining would work the same... we could even have merged mining... I wouldn't abandon RIC.

anon tx is getting attention, I agree that most attempts won't hold water, but the ring signature approach is the only one I believe that can actually work (at least the theory is sound, I haven't really verified current implementations).

maybe we could add ring signature support and do the 512 bit nonces and the 5 mins per block things as a hard fork in RIC instead of making a new coin... but that's more work...   if we like the RIC² name we could do the hard fork and rename RIC to RIC² and have nice new features without a new coin Smiley

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
Ellieo

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:22:37 AM

Yea. I agree. Why make a new coin when a perfectly good coin already exist and needs improvement?
Neither are the affairs with more than one cryptocoin would work for your investment. You (or they) simply can't focus and please all of them (or you) at the same time. Make up your mind and stick with just Riecoin.

Perfection is likes evolution and it's on going process.
Ellieo

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:38:36 AM

it's just an idea... I wanted to see how people felt about it....
I think we would set 1RIC = 1RIC² during the transition phase. (or maybe 1RIC = 1.2RIC² in order to favor RIC, we'll have to think about it carefully)
and you would choose if you move your coins to RIC² or stay in RIC. PoW and mining would work the same... we could even have merged mining... I wouldn't abandon RIC.

anon tx is getting attention, I agree that most attempts won't hold water, but the ring signature approach is the only one I believe that can actually work (at least the theory is sound, I haven't really verified current implementations).

maybe we could add ring signature support and do the 512 bit nonces and the 5 mins per block things as a hard fork in RIC instead of making a new coin... but that's more work...   if we like the RIC² name we could do the hard fork and rename RIC to RIC² and have nice new features without a new coin Smiley
RIC² likes RIC is noble idea but please think and plan carefully. The market is very sensitive to re-branding and it probably would asks "is there a 3rd generation, etc"? This either works in favor or can back fire dearly.
bsunau7

Activity: 114

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:34:03 AM

I don't believe that 100% anonymous coins can exist(*) and re-tasking for a pipe dream probably isn't worth the risk.  However as a PR campaign it might have some merit.

On other items; I don't think we can avoid a GPU miner for Riecoin just depends on the economics.  Currently a GPU miner would need to be about 40 times more efficient(**) than dga's miner, a bit of an ask right now.  I can't see any way of making this coin RAM dependent, larger memories optionally allow larger (and more efficient) sieves, but even then we are still well within a modern GPU's memory capacities.

(*) at some point you will want to do "something" with your coins at which point you are no longer anonymous.  Also don't underestimate peoples ingenuity..
(**) It took me about $50 of virtual server to mine about 100 ric over the weekend.  People mining are doing it at a loss, not paying for hardware/power or are using miners which are 40x more efficient that dga's.  Only ypool.net can tell if there is a super miner.

Regards,

--
bsunau7
bsunau7

Activity: 114

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:29:36 AM

(**) It took me about $50 of virtual server to mine about 100 ric over the weekend.  People mining are doing it at a loss, not paying for hardware/power or are using miners which are 40x more efficient that dga's.  Only ypool.net can tell if there is a super miner.

Just picked 3 random(ish) blocks from ypool, 5 users are (consistently) claiming 35% of all coins, with the top earner claiming 10%.  To get that 10% 1 person would need the equivalent of ~2000 Xeon v2 (@2.7GHz) cores.

Regards,

--
bsunau7
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: