Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:25:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684949 times)
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 03:33:32 PM

might be, but this would not only be a hard fork: all the miners would have to be updated too.
if we only added the superblocks, those mining in a pool wouldn't be affected - only the pool server would have to update the riecoin client.
You are proposing a more aggresive move.

Yes, you're right.

If we were going to change the PoW in such way, we'd better make it accept alternatively 7-tuples, 8-tuples and 9-tuples each with different difficulties, so we could easily break all records every day.

In that scenario would it be possible to accept 6 to 9 tuples?
Or more precisely allow the current miners to keep working on the "old" 6 tuples, while allowing new miners to mine greater tuples? perhaps with a small bonus to give an incentive to upgrade

The appeal of world records is strong Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 03:59:02 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 06:05:50 PM by gatra

Or more precisely allow the current miners to keep working on the "old" 6 tuples, while allowing new miners to mine greater tuples? perhaps with a small bonus to give an incentive to upgrade

yes, 6 to 9, to 10, whatever.

Moreover, if my math is right and can be generalized this way, we would break the twin prime record in 11 minutes and the largest prime number in 16hs.
The problem is that verification of each of those blocks would take some minutes, so the client would take a lot to sync. That's why I choose 6-tuplets: easy to verify, hard to find. But if we made it superblocks only once a month, syncing wouldn't be so bad, so it would be possible!
Also, since block verification would take so long, we would be prone to DoS attacks by someone submitting fake blocks that would take a lot to verify.... if we could mitigate this, we would break records from twins to many-plets. Or even the largest prime number. We would be sacrificing a bit of the usability of the currency aspect in favor of the distributed computing aspect of the riecoin project.... and... there's a 150k USD price for primes larger than 100 million digits... I'm starting to think some reengineering of the mining process, and strengthening of the DoS protection could make us get there...

getting too excited, need to think more about this...

edit: verification would take prohibitively long for single primes and twins, even if we did it once per month. Probably for triplets too

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
vancsj

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:50:55 PM

hi! I've been away a couple of days. Still debugging the miner's windows issue: I'm almost sure it's a race condition. After that I'll try to check the android wallet with the api

It's hard to keep developping, especially when the price is so low.
THANKS gatra.

Some ppl don't develop just for the money envolved Smiley

Yep they deserve my respections:)

RIC solo mining with XPT miner @ zjuer.net:10034
bsunau7

Activity: 114

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:58:43 PM

I'm afraid that doesn't work. Imagine that you did find p-2 and p+18 prime. So you have a septuplet. But, you started from a sextuple so p+12 is also prime. This means that your septuple is also an octuple: it has 8 primes in the range p-2 to p+18. A difference of 20. But Athony Forbes tells us that the minimum distance possible for 8-tuples is 26, so the 8-tuple with distance 20 cannot exist. But we said it did... this absurd comes from assuming you could find p-2 and p+18 both prime.

So the test is needs to include a "p4 or p12 not prime" test as well.

Sorry for any false hope!

Regards,

--
bsunau7
bsunau7

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:31:04 PM

edit2: fixed & updated zip, now with 122000 primes.

Quick turn around & thanks!

Regards,

--
bsunau7
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 10:53:35 PM

ive been following, i agree to verify proof of work of just large prime could be a very long time

would be a great proof of work algo but block times would be very long

edit 1 i am sure you are familiar with this work

http://primes.utm.edu/bios/code.php?code=G13

http://primes.utm.edu/index.html

edit 2 another idea http://primes.utm.edu/curios/first.php

yes, 6 to 9, to 10, whatever.

Moreover, if my math is right and can be generalized this way, we would break the twin prime record in 11 minutes and the largest prime number in 16hs.
The problem is that verification of each of those blocks would take some minutes, so the client would take a lot to sync. That's why I choose 6-tuplets: easy to verify, hard to find. But if we made it superblocks only once a month, syncing wouldn't be so bad, so it would be possible!
Also, since block verification would take so long, we would be prone to DoS attacks by someone submitting fake blocks that would take a lot to verify.... if we could mitigate this, we would break records from twins to many-plets. Or even the largest prime number. We would be sacrificing a bit of the usability of the currency aspect in favor of the distributed computing aspect of the riecoin project.... and... there's a 150k USD price for primes larger than 100 million digits... I'm starting to think some reengineering of the mining process, and strengthening of the DoS protection could make us get there...

getting too excited, need to think more about this...

edit: verification would take prohibitively long for single primes and twins, even if we did it once per month. Probably for triplets too

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 12:04:38 AM

ive been following, i agree to verify proof of work of just large prime could be a very long time

yes, thanks! I didn't pay much attention to it before because I hate it how they use the "comic sans" font... Smiley

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 12:22:44 AM

the font sucks but the ideas for different types of primes with unusual properties, i.e. with x number of consecutive zero's or any number

or with y number of non consecutive intigers (would probbly use a lot more memory)

the variations are endless, not really useful from a 'scientific' standpoint,

do you remember when the rsa used to post the bounties for primes ??

then they just stopped,  i often wondered if they came up with a much more advanced way of factoring and deriving primes that they never bothered to share with anyone else,  probably far fetched but they did pay those bounties and some were for big money ,

they paid them at the time because they needed to know how quickly people could find large primes and factor thier numbers for 'security'

lol

looking back with some of the things we know today it seems kind of funny

i often point out to people that in the 1980's 8 bit encyption was consider ok

lol imagine a few primes 8 digits long was considered 'secure' 

i also often joke that a child with a smart phone can crack that encryption now,

i wonder if in 5 or 10 years if technology will continue to leap ahead and what access 'normal' people like us will have who are doing things because we want to
(not because of the value of the coin like that other person said)

take your time and think it over, the superblock is a pretty neat idea, and i certainly favor anything that can take riecoin ahead of prime coin in the record books and personally i don't care about the value the coin unlike almost everyone else......

i remember reading a paper about 3 or 4 years ago about possible scientific applications of 'unusual' prime numbers but i honestly can't remember what the application was , if it was 'real ' or just a proposal and exactly what they were looking for,  maybe i can find that paper !!

whatever you decide you have my support, especially now that i am comfortable building wallets on the btc 9.x codebase

the most recent build i did as a test of the new iX coin client on 9.2 (coded by ahmed bodi) used open ssl 1.0.1i , qt 5.3.1 and min gw 4.9.1

if you fork the client and don't mind please suggest which versions of the tools you are using if different from the most recent bitcoin tools,

i remember the 8.x series of riecoin used qt 4.8.3

thanks much

yes, thanks! I didn't pay much attention to it before because I hate it how they use the "comic sans" font... Smiley

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
fairglu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 06:33:53 AM

take your time and think it over, the superblock is a pretty neat idea, and i certainly favor anything that can take riecoin ahead of prime coin in the record books and personally i don't care about the value the coin unlike almost everyone else......

This kinds of discussions makes the value of Riecoin, it's lot more interesting than mixing and mashing hash algorithms!

The value of the coin eventually matter in that if it were high enough, it would incentivize some dedicated prime computing silicon, which eventually could have other uses. I guess NSA & similar have such silicon, but it's definitely beyond the budget of us mere mortals.

I am surely moving the goalposts here, but would it be possible to amortize the verification over many blocks?
Sort of a distributed partial Rabin-Miller (is that practical and can it be made provable?)

This would obviously have DOS issues, if a superblock is found incorrect after many blocks, you can't go back in time to try another, so that superblock would be "lost"...
It could be alleviated if for the superblock, up to X candidate prime clusters could be "registered" as meta-data, apart from the difficulty requirement, those would only have to pass low-probability primality tests, cheap enough in terms of computing but hard enough to filter spam (possible?). The registration could be allowed for a few blocks after the super-block (to minimize the network stall).
At this point the reward for the super-block would be zero, with tx vout with an amount of zero per candidate (just to keep track of their addresses).

Over the next N blocks, partial rabin-miller tests would be performed on those candidates alongside the usual PoW.
After the N blocks, candidates that failed primality would be rejected, and the superblock reward would then either be split among those that passed the test or attributed randomly.

It all hinges on the provability of a partial Rabin-Miller test, which may be a pipe dream Smiley

bsunau7

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:57:33 AM

This kinds of discussions makes the value of Riecoin, it's lot more interesting than mixing and mashing hash algorithms!

Yes, this coin got me looking into ARM and SMID which I never had before.  I am pretty sure I've got some very clever tricks in my sieve which no one else has considered (well, aside from riecoin there isn't much use for a fast p6 sieve).

I've said it before but this coin is a side project, making profit would be a bonus.

The value of the coin eventually matter in that if it were high enough, it would incentivize some dedicated prime computing silicon, which eventually could have other uses. I guess NSA & similar have such silicon, but it's definitely beyond the budget of us mere mortals.

There are some quite well known Montgomery multiplication design patterns for FPGA's and have been for years, same for binary exponentiation.  I have been wondering if those old crypto accelerator cards could be leveraged into riecoin (that is my pipe dream).  Also the main FPGA makers are supporting OpenCL.  Yes; write OpenCL and compile it into hardware.

I am surely moving the goalposts here, but would it be possible to amortize the verification over many blocks?
Sort of a distributed partial Rabin-Miller (is that practical and can it be made provable?)

It all hinges on the provability of a partial Rabin-Miller test, which may be a pipe dream Smiley

This looks like a job for a pool where state across multiple miners can be maintained.  Maintaining validation and reward allocation across a distributed network would be PhD material.

Regards,

--
bsunau7
Ellieo

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:00:04 AM

This looks like a job for a pool where state across multiple miners can be maintained.  Maintaining validation and reward allocation across a distributed network would be PhD material.

Regards,

--
bsunau7
May be the solution to the so called Multi-armed Bandit Problem can provides further insight. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-armed_bandit
Also read: Overcoming Limitations of Game-Theoretic Distributed Control by Jason R. Marden and Adam Wierman
www.cs.caltech.edu/~adamw/papers/price_of_BB.pdf
gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 05:55:49 PM

the font sucks but the ideas for different types of primes with unusual properties, i.e. with x number of consecutive zero's or any number
the variations are endless, not really useful from a 'scientific' standpoint,
agreed... our primes all have lot's of consecutive 0's when written in base 2.... not an interesting feature though.

then they just stopped,  i often wondered if they came up with a much more advanced way of factoring and deriving primes that they never bothered to share with anyone else,  probably far fetched but they did pay those bounties and some were for big money ,

yes, many of us still have this question... did they lost interest, or did they find a secret algorithm? probably they just knew the records would be broken soon and decided to use the money for other things...

i remember reading a paper about 3 or 4 years ago about possible scientific applications of 'unusual' prime numbers but i honestly can't remember what the application was , if it was 'real ' or just a proposal and exactly what they were looking for,  maybe i can find that paper !!

whatever you decide you have my support, especially now that i am comfortable building wallets on the btc 9.x codebase
thanks, and let me know if you find that paper!

if you fork the client and don't mind please suggest which versions of the tools you are using if different from the most recent bitcoin tools,

i remember the 8.x series of riecoin used qt 4.8.3

I use gitian to make the builds. I usually use the same as the latest available bitcoin release, since it's supposed to be well tested. Here are the latest deps: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/v0.9.2.1/doc/release-process.md they still use qt 4 for compatibility reasons.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 06:05:51 PM

Yes, this coin got me looking into ARM and SMID which I never had before.  I am pretty sure I've got some very clever tricks in my sieve which no one else has considered (well, aside from riecoin there isn't much use for a fast p6 sieve).

+1!

yep, we are talking about millions of digits... so only verification can take days. For single primes, maybe not Rabin-Miller but this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas%E2%80%93Lehmer_primality_test or this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas%E2%80%93Lehmer%E2%80%93Riesel_test

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:21:24 PM

Any updates this week Gatra?

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
alc

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:06:54 PM

yes, many of us still have this question... did they lost interest, or did they find a secret algorithm? probably they just knew the records would be broken soon and decided to use the money for other things...
They have a page to address exactly this question but it's a bit vague.
gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 04:10:22 AM

We're waiting for dga to merge the stratum code. I'm hoping he could make new binaries for Linux and Windows: that would leave miners no excuse for trying other pools.

I've started working on the superblock thing which feels like the new priority, I'm thinking on the easiest and safest way to implement the difficulty adjustments taking superblocks into account. I'm determined to break at least one record.

Thanks for keeping pushing me to write the updates!

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 03:20:36 PM

We're waiting for dga to merge the stratum code. I'm hoping he could make new binaries for Linux and Windows: that would leave miners no excuse for trying other pools.

I've started working on the superblock thing which feels like the new priority, I'm thinking on the easiest and safest way to implement the difficulty adjustments taking superblocks into account. I'm determined to break at least one record.

Thanks for keeping pushing me to write the updates!

Argh - sorry.  This is still on my todo, I'm just lagging a little.  I will try to get it done by tomorrow.

Robin37s

Activity: 124

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:02:24 PM

could any guy tell the total volum of the ric now?
many thx.
fairglu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 03:46:05 PM

many thx.

You mean number of RIC generated so far? about 6.2 millions

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ric/

Robin37s

Activity: 124

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:52:30 PM

many thx.

You mean number of RIC generated so far? about 6.2 millions

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ric/

well received with many thx
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: