Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:12:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long time holding, is it a smart thing to do?  (Read 4141 times)
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:09:13 AM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
As a bounty hunter I always opt for long-term investments on tokens that I get. I always have high expectations when I get tokens, especially tokens that have good developers and have potential in the future. Too many calculations I do, for example I get 1000 tokens, and now have a price of $ 0.1 I will count when the price reaches $ 10 and I will get a big profit. This is why I always choose long term investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gucci belt

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:19:08 AM

For me, holding a coin for the long run is always more profitable. But of course those who think little profit but faster is better also there. And I think at this time many investors are waiting to buy tokens that will be sold before the release on the exchange. So as long as the project we choose is really good, I think holding it for the long term will not bring regret.
Kulang

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:19:21 AM

In my opinion holding for a long time is somehow a smart move because I most of my friend and also me do this everytime just to make more profits and to earn more and gain more. I also experience that I hold for a long time and by the time that the value that I expected came then that is the time I sell it and it is more profitable for me.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:22:00 AM

Long-term investments are definitely worth the time and can also be a big waste if you don't have the proper knowledge to know what is fake and what is real, what are the ICOs you should be investing in, long term means higher risks but at the same time higher profit if you'd compare it from short-term investments, long-term takes time and has risks but will give you higher profit and yes it is a smart thing to do.
samyang2x

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:33:29 AM

For me long time holding is the best way to do right now.because right now the market is in down situation.but if the market will recover that is the time to sell my rewards or coins.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
fulled

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:37:54 AM

Yap, im hodler for some big coins, but for small cap coin i just trade it every day to raise amount of my coins, but sometime i got nothing when the dev of my small cap coin doing exit scam Sad
meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:07:17 AM

Yes, you can gain more profit in long time holding just like bitcoin, if you bought bitcoin in early like 2016 you could be millionaire in December of 2017 because bitcoin hits up almost $20,000.

bagikoin

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 06:09:33 AM

I hold was over a year and it was my best decision because crypto is experiencing great development. for the future will certainly be better than the current and withstand longer is a good decision to take. Indeed for this year hasn't been too visible results but will definitely go up in some time in the future.

_▄▄▄▄
▄██████
▀"▀██████
     `█████
_▄▄▄▄.  Y████
,███████▄. Y█████
,███P'   `██p`█████
,d███'          `██████
o███P _▄▄██▄▄_    `██████
,████',d████████L    Y██████
d███P,████████████b    Y███████
d█████d██████████████    ]████████
d█████████P'd████████P    d█████████
,██████████'  Y█████████ooo██████[Y████
d██████████'    Y████████████████P  Y████
, ██████████[        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀    d████
 ███████████.         __        ____▄▄███████
█████████████L_       `"██████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     
██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
  ████████████████████████████████████████████ 
     ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ESSENCE OF A PROJECT
ECOSTARTEcoStart will be a reliable platform for creating
applications for financing green projects,
ecology and sharing the economy.
Instant and transparent
financing of environmental
projects.

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER

[....
JOIN
....]
WE CREATE
A CRYPTOCURRENCY
FOR OUR PLANET
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:49:37 AM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
As long as you have been able to buy at a very good value and you are holding a very solid coin from a good project, then long time holding is not a bad idea, but at the same time, rather than holding, over the years, I have noticed there is always season for altcoins to grow hugely which makes it a very good time to also know when to be out of them to take advantage of their volatility instead of just holding for so many years when you would have make so much more or acquire more position trading them.

If you start studying how traders are making money compared to the long term holder, I am sure only those long term holders must be making more returns for their investment. The living proof must be Mr. Satoshi Nakamotto and his one million bitcoin holding. Do we need any other example to show the power of long term holding ?
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:29:02 AM

Yes for the right coin and no for the wrong coin. There are coins/tokens that's only good for short term holding and there are coins/tokens that's good for long term holding. The difficult part is choosing the right coins/tokens to hold for short or long holding. It needs an extensive study of the coins/tokens and the market.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:40:25 AM

all must analyze what coins are held. whether it has the potential to rise in the long term or not.
if misaligned and left behind the information then hold the coins will be useless.
Of course, what is even the point of being an investor and not monitoring the situation of the coin or token you are holding ? The market will not always be in a position for a long time and there would always be time for correction, so in that case, it makes lot more sense, to use those periods of peaks to sell, buy back at dips and you stand to gain a better position in the long run. Holding though is safer without trading knowledge, but to me not the smartest thing to do as an investor.

The difficult part is choosing the right coins/tokens to hold for short or long holding. It needs an extensive study of the coins/tokens and the market.
That is where all the tricks and knowledge matter a lot. All coins are not good for holding. Hence filtering out the improper things will do all the needed jobs. People learn these tricks slowly. I guess in near future scams may get eliminated when most people ignore them.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:21:08 AM

all must analyze what coins are held. whether it has the potential to rise in the long term or not.
if misaligned and left behind the information then hold the coins will be useless.
Of course, what is even the point of being an investor and not monitoring the situation of the coin or token you are holding ? The market will not always be in a position for a long time and there would always be time for correction, so in that case, it makes lot more sense, to use those periods of peaks to sell, buy back at dips and you stand to gain a better position in the long run. Holding though is safer without trading knowledge, but to me not the smartest thing to do as an investor.

The difficult part is choosing the right coins/tokens to hold for short or long holding. It needs an extensive study of the coins/tokens and the market.
That is where all the tricks and knowledge matter a lot. All coins are not good for holding. Hence filtering out the improper things will do all the needed jobs. People learn these tricks slowly. I guess in near future scams may get eliminated when most people ignore them.

Then you are a trader. A fundamentalist wont know how to sell and buy dips, you need trading experience for that and technical analysis. If you bought ''dips'' when bitcoin was crashing from 20k you would be broke right now. You are either someone who holds for a long time, 1+ years or you are a trader who sells and buys every few weeks. Also called swing trader.
unpack

Activity: 292

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:24:21 AM

Well, it's the best choice I think. I'll do it with ETH and with some tokens from bounties too, I always look at the road map and according to the potential I sell the tokens or hold them very long time.
Coremi9

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:25:00 AM

Long term investment Its not smart act I think because if u are trader u know that if one coin have pump after that is going to have dump, I think when u hold any coin when it raise more than 5x its better to sell it after that is going to decrease for sure, u can buy again it.
gokusenpai0302

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 12:46:59 PM

It depends on what you are holding dude, probably the best thing you do is to hold your coins if the coin you are holding has potential growth probably you will gain huge in the long run once the market rises again. If you feel that your coin will explode like the bitcoin had before.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:15:20 PM

Cryptocurrencies are more profitable in long-term investments. Not just saying that hold most of the time but yu should also know when to sell and when to buy and hold. If I may say, it also depends on the situation since now BTC is becoming more unpredictable these days.
Holding during dips is encouraged. You have to brace yourself to avoid panic selling. Panic selling will make losses permanent and by then you can not do anything with that anymore. So be as strong as you can. Try putting your attention to other things. Or search for other things to do in cryptos or find a side line to earn more. Amount of btc will never decrease, you just need to wait.
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:24:54 PM

it might be better to hold the token for a long time, as the token transaction volume gets older and more and it will affect the token price. such as ico when entering the market price will tend to be played, different things with time to gradually when the token is listed in many exchanges. it will make the token price rise many times.
juragane

Activity: 476

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:28:45 PM

of course I will not hold the holding because in my opinion the holding can not provide profit, with holding means money and capital you can not move anymore. you better use for trading.

Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:36:55 PM

Those who hold Bitcoin since 2011 or hold Ethereum since 2015 have now become millionaires. I think this is the main reason why holding coins for a long time is the right decision.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:42:11 PM

It depends on what you are holding dude, probably the best thing you do is to hold your coins if the coin you are holding has potential growth probably you will gain huge in the long run once the market rises again. If you feel that your coin will explode like the bitcoin had before.
Right.Long time holding is a good idea if you have hold those potential coins who will definitely grow in time,and will give you much profit when the price rises up again.But if you happen to hold less potential coins,you can sell it when you see the price had increased already and buy a new potential coin and hold.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: