Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:04:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long time holding, is it a smart thing to do?  (Read 4141 times)
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:55:38 AM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?

I learned not to HODL when crypto crashed this January.

While I do not have a loss as I've already pulled out all fiat exposure + 200% gains last December 2017, I would have had more money now if I didn't hodl and can even buy more crypto if I have decided to park in USD or USDT last mid-January.

For bounties, HODL only until the token reaches a very good exchange. Then keep at least 10-20% as "souvenir" as you'll never really know what a coin or token will do in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lerosaeyan6

Activity: 375
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:08:03 AM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
all must analyze what coins are held. whether it has the potential to rise in the long term or not.
if misaligned and left behind the information then hold the coins will be useless.
yes, to make a profit in the crypto world all must be considered because the world of crypto is full of risks, I think if to survive in the long run I suggest to choose Bitcoin and Ethereum the quality of these two coins is the best so no doubt.
I think it's okay to hold altcoin for a long time can also be beneficial because if the altcoin price we have held up we can get a good profit then than that now many people hold and hold their altcoin until everything recovered

rraymundo

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 08:26:54 AM

I think it really depends on the situation as a bounty hunter. As I can see investors usually dump their coins when the coin hit exchange market. So eventually the coins that we are holding will have a lesser value, so we have to sell it in order for us to survive the pump and dump trend. But if you see the project is promising and very capable then I think you should hold your coin for greater profit.
gawuk

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:13:41 PM

Yes it could be, Hodling is a better choice when you want to enjoy your life away from stress. Doing Commerce every day takes a lot of your time and drains the mind. You need something new for the current news going on in Crypto Market. Knowledge and skills are also needed, even more important than anything else.
rohican

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:11:01 PM

From my experience of the last few years, if you intend to make a profit, you must know when the right situation to buy and when to wait.
Durable will not guarantee you will be rich, What is now purchased for 5 $ you can not do for 5 $ after 10 years.
koshkatrol

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:17:31 PM

I believe that it is not necessary to hold altcoins. Not all cryptography is good in the long run, it's a fact .
rasp

Activity: 900
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:20:49 PM

Many bounty hunters do campaigns as a full-time job, they earn their living from the tokens they are rewarded with.
They try to sell the coins as soon as these drop in the wallets, so long-term holding is a bit irrelevant here.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:23:25 PM

Long term holding is not only a smart thing to do, long term holding is also very sensible and logical in a market such as cryptocurrency market that is largely considered to be unstable versatle and flunctuating!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
mithon2017

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:44:46 PM

Holding is always good.  holding is better than sell.  If you are long time holding BTC, you can get lot of profit. but you need the proper knowledge about Cripto market.  You can say it is a smart thing.
almiani

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:46:09 PM

if you see this incredible decline in value you certainly think this is a stupid thing, but seeing a lot of people suddenly become millionaires, I think it would not hurt to try

Runbitup

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:55:33 PM

this is the way they make big profits, because they already really understand it. but first analyze what coins to hold. whether it is potentially rising in the long run or not.so holding long term is a smart way to make money but not all coins are worth to keep in the long run
safem

Activity: 454
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 05:16:25 PM

I want to agree that long time hold is a smart thing to do. Majority of bounty hunters are yet to fully comprehend the benefits that are attached to long time hold of their tokens. Many don't even know that it is possible for them to sell their tokens most times at ICO price and sometimes higher than ICO price if only they can hold  but rather, they go ahead dumping  tokens at low value price because they did not invest money to get the tokens. This long time hold is what most investors do practice that makes them to make more profit since they invested their money to buy the tokens.The actual secret of making bigger profit in crypto is long time hold. 

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
luckyluigi

Activity: 239

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:35:41 PM

I believe that truly investor needs to perform all the opportunities that is present here, he must trade some of the coins, he must holds some of those for the long-term, also him as my new promising coins from the market.
suzanogbomo

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 09:37:50 PM

Holding is a good thing to do,only on the condition that you are holding the right tokens,tokens that have huge potential for growth and you bought at a good price
sunshine82

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:56:05 PM

I prefer long time holding rather than day trading or short term holding, I think that with day trading you could get more profits but you have to spend alot of time doing research and overall awareness of the crypto market, with long time holding you avoid that and just focus on the growth of the altcoin in general.
Electrified

Activity: 286

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:03:23 PM

Many bounty hunters do campaigns as a full-time job, they earn their living from the tokens they are rewarded with.
They try to sell the coins as soon as these drop in the wallets, so long-term holding is a bit irrelevant here.

You have a point mate, not all coins are worthy to hold, sometimes you will also consider if its really have value for a long term. Be wise and be careful you still need to have an analytical and strategic approach on how to handle a coin so that it will be waste and worthless and the effort you invest  might be lost.
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 10:13:46 PM

If you have a promising coin that you believe in, then keeping it for a reasonable time would be a good thing. As for being a bounty hunter, same principle applies. If you think the rewards you received are worth keeping, then keep them until you think it's time to let go. Personally, I do not keep my rewards longer than a month. I'd rather trade them for top coins that have more potential to generate profit.

a_t_e_e_b

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:11:27 PM

it's completely up to you if you have the patience and the strategy that you can hold the coin for long period of time then you should hold it since you are a bounty hunter you might hold on your coins for some time and meanwhile take part in some orher bounties
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:17:03 PM

Investment is only good if you plan long-term. Longer you plan it
on higher profit you can count. I plan to hold 2-3 years, it's my initial
plan. More than a year already passed and until now I'm satisfied.
   I'm always watching my investment. Until now I'm not changing
anything, I'm just adding more money into when I can. In some time
I will review all my investments and maybe in will sell something to
buy something else, but for that I will see when times come.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
yakovsevsk

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:24:39 PM

In my opinion, such a rapid growth in value, as in 2017 will no longer be. The market is stabilizing and will be relatively stable. So I look at the coin as a technology. If the technology, that the project develops is interesting to me, then I buy this coin and hold it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: