Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:00:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long time holding, is it a smart thing to do?  (Read 4141 times)
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:39:25 AM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
Well it is a smart thing if the market does not get better and you are afraid to take the cutloss step. Everything will be fine if you still hold it, but some people feel very frightened to keep holding it and they start selling panic to stop bigger losses.
It probably depends on how long you plan to hold and what project you're planning to take on. You're right that day and swing traders have a tendency to affect the price movement of a coin but if you're looking at holding for a few years, then the few daily and weekly movements would be irrelevant to you

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:54:00 AM

I am a long time holder and I do not regret it. If I did trade, I would lose a lot. The only thing that I do is when a coin increases unnecessarily, I sell it because I know that it will be dumped in several hours.
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 07:58:15 AM

This tactic was very useful a year ago, but for now, it may be suffering into a minor stumble. The long term holding of the coin takes a while to generate a profit because of many investors and bounty hunters are panic selling their tokens once it hits on the exchanges. My plan for this? Is to go with the wave, do what somebody does, and when the price falls hard, that's the time you re buy and try to hold as much as you can.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
dilandanmilea

Activity: 283
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:59:42 AM

for the next few months may hold a coin or token in the long run is the most appropriate thing to do because of market conditions that make it most appropriate to do, over the last few months has been several times the market had experienced a long but not long-lasting increase, whether until the current market conditions will continue to happen, maybe this situation will end when the market has recovered.

🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸 [ MOOZICORE ] WORLD’S FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN 🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺
https://tokensale.moozicore.com/
CryptYeah

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:22:14 AM

Clever this decision or not will be known a month or two after the investment, when the investor will again check the cost of the token) Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:46:53 AM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
It is a smart thing to do if you are busy and cannot update the present situation in the market. But if you are not busy with and you can monitor the market from time to time I suggest that you cutloss if the market is declining. You also need to choose a stable coin or preferably top coin in coinmarketcap. 
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:04:10 PM

Can be said so, as we know that it took almost 10 years for bitcoin to skyrocket and popular as it is now, it proves that nothing is instantaneous from crypto investment, it all takes a long time.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:12:01 PM

One of the best practice anyone in the crypto sphere should adopt is to hold. Those investors usually do that because they want to be in control of that particular token by causing panic to the small investors, after the small investors finish dumping they will buy all from them making them the highest holders of the token and wait until the project team finish developing their product. Then they will come out with huge profit.
owlman

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:24:14 PM

It's no secret that in the market, crypto currency can manipulate the prices of some coins, but whether or not our coins are sold depends only on us. Not always long holding can provide us with profit, because everything depends on the individual coin. Therefore, we always need to monitor the market situation, and make decisions based on it.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
aldrin6697

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:31:06 PM

Hodling can be good but too long investment can sometimes lead to unprofitable and loss. You need to have a goal or term when you are going to sell it, as long as it is in your budget then go for it.
Itcher

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:33:51 PM

The biggest money is earned in the long run. Who will understand it will become very rich.
ZirconiumX

Activity: 286

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:34:37 PM

I really dissapointed in long term holding. Mostly all coins dumping in the end, it is to hard find coin that will  grow in future,truly it is lottery.Last months i sell all fresh coins i have.
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:49:13 PM

I think this depends on the situation, even many coins that previously looked promising but it was a scam, and before the coins can not be traded then we must immediately sell despite the conditions of losers.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:50:35 PM

If you do not have time to engage in other types of crypto-currency activities, then this is probably the smartest thing you can do with your means. But if there is time, it is better to predict and follow the schedule.
Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:53:15 PM

Long term investment is the best thing to do of only you want to maximize your profit and avoid unnecessary lost. The fluctuations in crypto investment makes short term investment a bit risky  

RGMan

Activity: 232

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:53:31 PM

If it concerns crypto currencies, which already have a market share and are confirmed by assets, this is a good strategy. I myself have more than 15 different crypto currencies in the cryptort port today, which I do not intend to sell.
loismanny88

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:16:01 PM

I think this depends on the situation, even many coins that previously looked promising but it was a scam, and before the coins can not be traded then we must immediately sell despite the conditions of losers.

Well it certainly depends on the market and that's why you follow the news and adjust accordingly. The only ones that are safe for long term are BTC and ETH, the rest is questionable.
awazieik

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 04:30:24 PM

It depends on the bounty hunter. If you believe that the token will increase in value in the future then Hodl is a great strategy . However, most BH get the coins for make quick bucks. For me, I tend to join projects that have great value in the long run

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
wiro 212

Activity: 218

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:33:39 PM

Holding can be a good strategy when the market is turbulent, but because the market is so unstable, then when a high price use it as an opportunity to sell.
GWS My Boy

Activity: 600

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 04:40:41 PM

Before long hold any coins you should know the potential and whether there is a sense in it. Just have coins that are used on exchanges for trading, there are coins for storage and exchange. Different meaning of the coin.
true, see and know the information about the potential of the coin for the future, if it is good for the long term then hold the coin until the price rises high, and vice versa there is also a coin to trade that is very feasible for it because the current price is hard to guess and when this remains patient and resistant first

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: