Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:40:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long time holding, is it a smart thing to do?  (Read 4141 times)
samwolf

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:43:49 PM

Long term holding is good, if you are in the right Alt's.

Personally I swing trade, I don't day trade, if something has been pumping, I do my charting, and sell when I think it's at the top, buy when it drops.

If it doesn't drop, don't FOMO in, move on to something else.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ervanikan

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:46:01 PM

holding is one smart choice to make a profit because sometimes when we get token the token price falls from the starting price and takes a while not to return to the original price
copeteya888

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:49:22 PM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
Yes, holding in the long run I think the right choice as long as the project is believed to be able to grow. However, most projects are not able to keep their prices, even falling and far from ico prices.
megaflux7

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:51:21 PM

In my opinon, if the team is bent on making it promises come through by meeting its roadmap because some projects just go M.I.A after ico.if the project is great and team is hardworking. Long term hold is good.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:54:05 PM

Long term holding is good, if you are in the right Alt's.

Personally I swing trade, I don't day trade, if something has been pumping, I do my charting, and sell when I think it's at the top, buy when it drops.

If it doesn't drop, don't FOMO in, move on to something else.

No shit. In this current market is basically impossible to tell if you are in the right Alt because everything goes down with bitcoin. Even really good alt coins can't survive. I would wait for the market to calm down or enter a bull trend, otherwise long term for alt coins is no different than just buying ethereum or bitcoin.
altcoinMyr

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:58:35 PM

Not all coins get dumped when reached exchanges. My friend had regret when she sold the full amount of her bounty token. When  listed in exchanges suddenly got a lower price but partnerships came to that project and it gradually increase up to now.  She had learned, she saw the potential of the project to increase its value, next time she will patiently wait or hold and will not sell the whole amount. Communication and peace of mind is important.
Midori_Team

Activity: 60
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:58:51 PM

Try to sell a % of your holdings when you are in profit. Holding too much can sometimes be bad.
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:06:37 PM

Not all coins get dumped when reached exchanges. My friend had regret when she sold the full amount of her bounty token. When  listed in exchanges suddenly got a lower price but partnerships came to that project and it gradually increase up to now.  She had learned, she saw the potential of the project to increase its value, next time she will patiently wait or hold and will not sell the whole amount. Communication and peace of mind is important.
Our own mistakes will really give us good lesson so save it for the next time around.Holding demands more patience and understanding about the nature of crypto,so if you have potential coins to hold,learn to love them for longer investment.In time they will also give you good returns.Just hold them patiently and as much as possible,stay away from panic selling because it will only cause you more losses.
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:12:32 PM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
I don't think long  time holding applies an all times, may we consider at this time as we struggling hard market.
If you seen huge potentiality of a certain coins to hold for many years then it might be good but if not, it better to sell them off while it have in good market.
SearchingforS

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:13:48 PM

That's doubtable question. Both strategies may bring good profits and for me it seems to be more about luck.

alimarh

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:24:35 PM

Yes long term holding is a very good thing to do with some good projects. selling off too quickly is not really a good idea for a good project because if you sell so quick, you will regret when the price moom

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Quincy01

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:27:44 PM

Actually, long time holding can as well be the smartest thing to do and as well the dumbest thing to do pending on the the particular altcoin that is involved. When one have the coins from a good project with high potential, then holding such coin for a very long time can be worth the wait. On the contrary, when one has the coin of a project that does not seem to have good potential, holding such coin for such a long time will not be the smartest thing to do at that moment, because that individual might end up losing everything.
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:36:10 PM

In this kind of holding, the long term holding, we need to first have the coins that we wanted to be on that process, it must be for long term holding too, don't hold shit coins so that you will not regret what you will do in the future.
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:59:22 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2018, 10:04:39 AM by crazycatwoman03

I don't think long  time holding applies an all times, may we consider at this time as we struggling hard market.
If you seen huge potentiality of a certain coins to hold for many years then it might be good but if not, it better to sell them off while it have in good market.
This had happened to me, I was too busy with school that I loss time tracking the market price of the coins that I was holding and now I see that it didn't just dump but totally dump. I don't know if it it can recover but and I am double thinking whether to sell it now or continue holding.

Long term holding doesn't always end in you earning profit especially with altcoins which have lower rates of recovery compared to bitcoin and ethereum.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Majharul Saiif

Activity: 512

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:02:37 AM

Long time holding is always good.Because everyone wants until the price increase more.The market situation isn't stable now.So,in this perspective,it will better to hold all things for a long time.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Orang Tua

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:25:54 AM

I think fluctuations exist because of different views from each person. And I'm sure bounty hunter will not have the same goal in following the campaign. Some do invest, and some do so to pay bills. But I think if we choose the right project, there will be people who buy even when all bounty hunter sell their tokens.
Gras

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:29:57 AM

I believe long-term retention is a smart strategy, but not for all cryptocurrencies. First of all, I focus on fundamental coins based on own blockchain, as well as on revolutionary startups with a breakthrough idea.

https://www.INTEGRITY.one/
[    JOIN THE WHITELIST!    ]
The Blockchain Platform that Empowers Small Business & Entrepreneurs to WIN[/center
harastvo

Activity: 92
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:31:48 AM

Yes, knowledge does play an important role in any decision! Holding may not sound like a smart job to many traders as they do believe into active trading, but who is making more profits in a given time may decide about the real smartness.

I am a holder.
You cannot miss it as long as you know what you are doing and you are making good use of every moment to increase your portfolio than just holding it all through.
Rudi Setya

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:34:58 AM

For a bounty hunter long time hlding is not qa good idea because most of the crypto tokens prices will fall once reached exchanges so it is better to convert into other coins as soon as possible.But if you think it is a quality project then you may hold it in long term about half of your bounty rewards.So long term holding is smart way to make money but not all coins are worth to hold in long term.
to hold in the long run is a good thought that must be realized. because with the development of coins that are able to continue to increase in the future will be very profitable. so I recommend holding the coins for the long term so that the development is integrated as it increases in the future.

Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:46:35 AM

Here is my two cents. Bounty tokens are earned relatively easily. For a signature campaign participant, for example, you are only asked to make 10-15 constructive posts weekly. For a social media campaign participant, on the other hand, the tasks only involve tweeting, retweeting, liking, etc. Those are very easy tasks. What I mean to say is that you are only risking a little if you choose to hodl your bounty tokens long term. And the reward if ever they multiply their values is really a huge wealth.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: