Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:25:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long time holding, is it a smart thing to do?  (Read 4130 times)
Mary Ofosuhene (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:52:48 AM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
just_strange32

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:01:29 AM

Being a participant in the cryptographic market is a part-time job, so I think long-term investment is a smart decision. I will choose the potential e-currency and buy them at low prices. I will wait when their price is high then I will sell for profit. I have good income when following this strategy!
GhostWithin

Activity: 644
Merit: 145

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:06:49 AM

Depends on what you know and what qualities you have. If knowledge and skills aren't reliable, then it's better to hold. If you still know something, you can earn much more than just holding for long time...
Azna Azhar

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:09:40 AM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
It is their way of making big profits, because they already really understand it. For me to hold a potential coin for a long time is a smart move to do. Moreover, the current market situation is red again, certainly holds a wise choice.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:11:01 AM

For a bounty hunter long time hlding is not qa good idea because most of the crypto tokens prices will fall once reached exchanges so it is better to convert into other coins as soon as possible.But if you think it is a quality project then you may hold it in long term about half of your bounty rewards.So long term holding is smart way to make money but not all coins are worth to hold in long term.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
wirosableng

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:13:10 AM

all must analyze what coins are held. whether it has the potential to rise in the long term or not.
if misaligned and left behind the information then hold the coins will be useless.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:18:28 AM

From the experience of last couple of years, if you mean to get profit, you should know when to buy and when to hold. Just holding for long time won't make you rich. What now be bought by 1$ can't be done by 2$ after 10 years.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:23:25 AM

Seeing the development of cryptocurrency is very convincing. In recent years, cryptocurrency has a great effect, either in terms of one's earnings or others' views of the use of cryptocurrency.

For some users are already much who believe cryptocurrency will have a big impact on the life of someone, at least can facilitate in terms of payment systems.

This is what guides a person to choose a long-term investment because if we look in the mirror from 2017 and the increase in the price of cryptocurrency is very promising, not unlikely this will happen in the next year.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
ichai

Activity: 445

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:23:59 AM

For long periods of time we have to wait for prices, see prices often and if they reach reasonable prices should sell them to make profit, should not expect high prices. This will miss out on the many opportunities to make a profit for your penny.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
wabashky

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:25:41 AM

Of course, daily trading is more profitable, but it requires skills and time. Moreover, the current market is not so profitable as earlier, so I suppose long time hold as a wise strategy.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:27:23 AM

Longtime holding was a smart move if you're one of the holders from 2016 or so especially if you have ethereum and bitcoin, but for now, I guess you can hold but not that long, like years particularly IMO.

For a bounty hunter long time hlding is not qa good idea because most of the crypto tokens prices will fall once reached exchanges so it is better to convert into other coins as soon as possible.
It depends on the tokens they get, if the team's following their roadmap then it's one of the coins to be followed but not that long, and mostly bounty hunters are the reason why an ico token fall when it reached in the market Roll Eyes
Elysio

Activity: 658
Merit: 153

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:28:32 AM

It makes sense to stay long time in. it is necessary to stay constant in this market. I hurt so much. I am depressed.
aggress0r

Activity: 1050
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:28:39 AM

For a bounty hunter long time hlding is not qa good idea because most of the crypto tokens prices will fall once reached exchanges so it is better to convert into other coins as soon as possible.But if you think it is a quality project then you may hold it in long term about half of your bounty rewards.So long term holding is smart way to make money but not all coins are worth to hold in long term.
I agree with you on that just judging by my experience some new tokens fell drastically just when hit exchanges and fell 10 times.
I admit they might never recover.
That's horrible may be they will have some PUMP but it is a doubt about it. Warren Buffet's strategy to buy and hold not always works here with some new tokens.
Om George Kesurupan

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:30:49 AM

all must analyze what coins are held. whether it has the potential to rise in the long term or not.
if misaligned and left behind the information then hold the coins will be useless.
yes, to make a profit in the crypto world all must be considered because the world of crypto is full of risks, I think if to survive in the long run I suggest to choose Bitcoin and Ethereum the quality of these two coins is the best so no doubt.
ZhukovM

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:34:39 AM

Depends on what you know and what qualities you have. If knowledge and skills aren't reliable, then it's better to hold. If you still know something, you can earn much more than just holding for long time...
Think now shot little that interested in moreover, as obtain income. With such a red market they have no time to wait. That is, if they had investments for each month of the year, now they have a large gap that does not give them money for life.
Fafabol

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:37:57 AM

yes indeed.A long time holding is one of the best way to earned much profit.Hold your investments and sell into the near future.These may have some domino effect on the market share because if people will hold their investments for a long time,there would be a huge demand into it and later on,it will reach a high value which will be benefial to someone who holds a number of cryptos.
RNGfight

Activity: 196

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:38:25 AM

As a bounty hunter, you should search for the premium threads for good ICO projects, because most of the time this project is hot, so you can get your fair share.
This is a good strategy, so most of the time I will choose hot projects.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:39:06 AM

Long time holding is the easiest strategy but it surley is not the best one either. If your ultimate goal is to "cash out" and you want to hold for long term then set a target and when reached you withdraw and trade for fiat. Problem with holding is that you can hold your entire life and thus make no use of your holdings that you hold. Holding is good until some point if everything plays well and if prices raise up.
ArkiCrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:39:19 AM

In my experience as an investor not all the time the HODL or long time holding always work if you're a wise man you will not going to wait for a long time until the market recovers and earn profit, you can just analyze the swing of the market and take advantage on it.

It's like a day trading but it's very risk because you don't know what will happen after you sell your coins, so the smart thing to do to make sure you will recover your investment is to wait until it recovers or HODL.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:44:01 AM

Longtime hold definitely is not the best way out there to make money. You will make more when you actively trading it. But as you know, trading is risky, require knowledge, and takes a lot of time. Thus if you wouldn't take the risk, don't have the knowledge, or don't have the time, then go for it. Hold it. Just make sure the asset you are holding is the right one, the asset that will prevail in the future, like Bitcoin Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: