Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:06:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352319 times)
johnngbluntzky

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:49:19 AM

Why would anyone switch their money or BTC into karmacoin?
Wouldn't they have to preemptively think that they might tip someone in the future so they will have to go out of their way to buy these karmacoins?
Why wouldn't they just tip in bitcoin?

What is the point of this coin?
This sounds like the bogus health-care coin all over again.

i think it's more like reddit karma than doge tipping

yes but you have to pre-buy these coins to do the tipping.
It's like going to an arcade and having to buy arcade tokens instead of just putting your damn quarters in the machine.
No one wants to do that.

or you could mine them.. same with doge homie. in the end, there's always someone in every coin launch saying something like this. if it lives it lives, if it don't it don't.. whatever. chill. every coin is really worth nothing.. it's all thin air. free market buddy.

der_laufer

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:50:01 AM

http://karma.hashstrike.com
SEND confirmation e-mail PLEASE !!!!
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:50:46 AM

Runtime error on both computers.......never happened before......another buggy coin.

nothing wrong with it on mine.

It only worked when i removed the conf file......weird

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

johnngbluntzky

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:51:03 AM

try hitting the unlock button again, that sent it through for me.

TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:52:27 AM

Wouldn't they have to preemptively think that they might tip someone in the future so they will have to go out of their way to buy these karmacoins?

It's like going to an arcade and having to buy arcade tokens instead of just putting your damn quarters in the machine.
No one wants to do that.

or you could mine them.. same with doge homie. in the end, there's always someone in every coin launch saying something like this. if it lives it lives, if it don't it don't.. whatever. chill. every coin is really worth nothing.. it's all thin air. free market buddy.

yes, me or you could mine them, but thats not the point.
People are not going to see a news article, think "wow what a nice guy! i should tip him some karmacoins!" then go out and mine the fucking coins are they. No, they are certainly not.
The OP wants the world to use these coins, but there is no incentive to.

Lastly, some of these coins actually do provide something new and something useful.
Coins like this are just cluttering up the community and diverting dollars away from unique and innovative coins.
johnngbluntzky

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:54:50 AM

No one wants to do that.

or you could mine them.. same with doge homie.

People are not going to see a news article, think "wow what a nice guy! i should tip him some karmacoins!" then go out and mine the fucking coins are they. No, they are certainly not.

.. i highly doubt op expects the whole world to use them.. maybe just the community. either way, you're points are intangible at best.

i like how you edit your posts as i'm replying.. maybe jus say it once then make a new post..?

der_laufer

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:55:04 AM

Thank u friend  Wink
johnngbluntzky

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:55:42 AM

Thank u friend  Wink

word up man, it work?

dmgta

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:56:12 AM

What does it do that bitcoin/litecoin/shitcoin don't already do?
NOTHING

Do you not understand altcoins? what a ridiculous comment!!!
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 08:57:25 AM

This is the first boat for which i am on time Grin . But only 80 kh 30k so far
ezvm

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:58:58 AM

thanks for the info  man, looks like its working

bykardinal

Activity: 1792
Merit: 513

<3 DeepOnion

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 08:59:04 AM

diff growing so fast now. looks like doge #2

der_laufer

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:59:39 AM

Thank u friend  Wink

word up man, it work?
YES  Wink
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:01:48 AM

No one wants to do that.

.. i highly doubt op expects the whole world to use them.. maybe just the community. either way, you're points are intangible at best.

I think that you are using the world intangible incorrectly.
Me saying that this coin was poorly conceived is pretty fucking rational isnt it?
This whole coin is based on an intangible concept.

-Our goal is to see Karmacoin donation addresses appear in things like news articles about people who went above and beyond to be good.  Soon after someone reads the article like that they will now have a way to reward the person who did good.

in "news articles" (i.e. adopted by news networks, everywhere), not "just the community".
I understand you are mining this so you have a vested interest in it succeeding so that your hashing time is worth more. But you are supporting crap. Not saying it won't make money. But this coin offers nothing to the community and you shouldn't pretend it does.
It's our duty to point out crap and call it as such.
johnngbluntzky

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:06:18 AM

No one wants to do that.

Me saying that this coin was poorly conceived is pretty fucking rational isnt it?

-Our goal is to see Karmacoin donation addresses appear in things like news articles about people who went above and beyond to be good.  Soon after someone reads the article like that they will now have a way to reward the person who did good.

in "news articles" (i.e. adopted by news networks, everywhere), not "just the community".
I understand you are mining this so you have a vested interest in it succeeding so that your hashing time is worth more. But you are supporting crap. Not saying it won't make money. But this coin offers nothing to the community and you shouldn't pretend it does.

i mean your points are not easily grasped.. this coin was just released, there is no way to know what you are saying is true. for some reason or other though, you are obviously trying to slow any momentum it could build. i'm gonna stop talking to you now.. cuz you are obviously a trollish biatch.

Xamda

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:08:17 AM

No one wants to do that.

Then why don't you just go somewhere else and mine one of those that you think fulfill your dreams?
alinda

Activity: 887
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:08:25 AM

karma to the moon

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Khaoimon

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:09:51 AM

I feel bad for abandoning my doge for the moon so now I need to get some karma.
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:11:55 AM

What does it do that bitcoin/litecoin/shitcoin don't already do?
NOTHING

Do you not understand altcoins? what a ridiculous comment!!!

There is nothing about "understanding altcoins" to understand here. We already have coins (hundreds in fact) that can be used for this exact purpose.
Why wouldn't news networks adopt bitcoin or litecoin for this purpose? Both have been around longer, are easier to obtain and can function in exactly the same way.

Considering you registered in december I would venture that it is you that doesn't see the picture here. I mine and trade. I've followed most coins on these forums. Ever fucking day there is new scrypt copycoins with NOTHING new. They are just copying the code, changing the reward scheme and releasing it as the next big thing. In a word, it is detrimental. If you don't see that then you don't "understand altcoins".

So why should we adopt this coin and help it succeed? Ohhh right... the name, we are supposed to use it for this purpose because of the name! How could I be so stupid.
One Six

Activity: 281

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:12:15 AM

http://karma.hashstrike.com/ << There has been no confirmed for past 1 hour. Why?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: