Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:30:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RollerBot - Alpha testing begins soon!  (Read 18579 times)
shaun2007182

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:36:01 AM

march 15th ish sounds good seems you moving pretty well

USDe - GYWpEVSNJMdiirfx5fxqrY6rJGnLtsFDJV

★★★  USDe    THE FREE PEOPLE'S CURRENCY  ★★★
chanberg

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:17:03 PM

looking good
jondecker76 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:05:07 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 10:18:08 PM by jondecker76

Lots of good stuff today.

The new API cache daemon system is running great on the backend.  Right now it's only running against Cryptsy and BTC-e (mainly because I haven't updated the other exchanges yet to use the new system).  Those two exchanges alone are cacheing 542 API calls in real-time effortlessly.  The daemon thread monitor script is doing an excellent job of throttling the API calls(by spawning and removing parallel daemon scripts) to keep the age of the data at the desired setpoint.  
Tonight I should be able to update all the exchanges to use the new methods and get a full load test in.
Next on the plate is to get backend plugins running, at which time I'll be able to start storing trade history to the database again.

I've also drastically reduced the number of database queries.  Up until this point, I was storing the nonce for each account API in the database, querying to retrieve it each call, then querying again to increment the value.  With so many API calls, this was adding up to thousands of queries per second, which are now eliminated due to using a better method based on microtime instead.

The exchange landscape is really looking good lately. I've seen quite a few new exchanges popping up in the last month, almost all of them with a full trade API.  I fully expect to support 20+ exchanges by the time Rollerbot launches!

Other good news is that HHVM recently included mysqli support, so soon I will be running everything through the HHVM JIT compiler for a huge speed boost and better memory management.

Here is a screenshot of one of the daemons running in the background.  If you look across the bottom,  you'll see that the daemon spawned 22 parallel threads, with 5 symbols being queries per thread (this specific daemon is querying cryptsy for trade data).  If the queries take too long, then more threads are spawned until the average execution time is where it should be.

RollerBot Advanced Trading Platform
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447727.0
BTC Donations for development: 1H36oTJsi3adFh68wwzz95tPP2xoAoTmhC
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:29:36 AM

HHVM is now compiling on the backend server.  Hopefully I can test running the Rollerbot code through the HHVM compiler tonight!  I already have benchmarks finished running the code through the PHP interpreter, so this should turn out interesting!

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:36:06 AM

It looks excellent so far.
This could change trading for the better in a short time.
Keep up the great work I cannot wait to try it.

HHVM is now compiling on the backend server.  Hopefully I can test running the Rollerbot code through the HHVM compiler tonight!  I already have benchmarks finished running the code through the PHP interpreter, so this should turn out interesting!

Bitcoin_Mafia

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 03:33:12 AM

This looks extremely cool, even if I do not yet completely understand all of its potential capabilities. I'm not a programmer, but if you are ever looking for someone to team up with on a web based GUI, feel free to hit me up.

shaun2007182

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:31:21 PM

im so excited cannot wait to review this

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:10:40 AM

Not a whole lot to report today.  I was pretty short on time, but the couple of hours I did have went towards testing things out with HHVM.

Unfortunately just a few days ago the HHVM redis support got broken with an update (I'm testing with the nightly builds ATM while waiting for the stable release that includes mysqli support).  I spent some time with one of the devs on IRC and the fix will be pushed out in the next day or two - after which I expect to have a successful test of Rollerbot running on HHVM.

Bitcrea

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Bitcrea.com

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:55:46 PM

Newest work I did for RollerBot!

Client: RollerBot
Project: Advanced trading platform
Type of logo:  Simple, professional, memorable and trendy.
Solvation Logo represents a roller, turn-over, never ending profit.  I've used colors and shapes that has associations with robot.

Any feedback is highly appreciated! Cool

Currently I'm working on: 2 projects.
Am I available? YES!
Please write me a PM or email bitcrea@yahoo.com
My official graphic design thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444106.0

Precise and high quality work guaranteed!
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 05:07:00 PM

Newest work I did for RollerBot!

Client: RollerBot
Project: Advanced trading platform
Type of logo:  Simple, professional, memorable and trendy.
Solvation Logo represents a roller, turn-over, never ending profit.  I've used colors and shapes that has associations with robot.

Any feedback is highly appreciated! Cool

Currently I'm working on: 2 projects.
Am I available? YES!
Please write me a PM or email bitcrea@yahoo.com
My official graphic design thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444106.0

Precise and high quality work guaranteed!

woot!
Awesome job!

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:17:41 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 04:52:20 PM by jondecker76

Thanks to the excellent work by Bitcrea, Rollerbot now has a finalized logo (I only changes some of the color scheme to fit my tastes)!

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:25:50 AM

Very cool Logo.
I am looking forward to the beta test and to use it.
I am no good at trading this would help so much.
Thanks for the updates.

shaun2007182

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:00:50 AM

Thanks to the excellent work by Bitcrea, Rollerbot now has a finalized logo!

great logo i like it

gmouse138

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:35:12 AM

Please add me to beta.

Thanks !!
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:49:42 PM

Just checking in while I have a brief moment.

I've done countless tests with HHVM now, and spent a lot of time talking to the HHVM developers.  Unfortunately, HHVM doesn't really fit my use case of having a lot going on in parallel - mainly due to the heavy memory overhead of HHVM.  As it doesn't support threading yet, I would have to spawn many hhvm instances which is just too resource-intensive.  So for now, I'm going to stick to the normal zend PHP interpreter.

I've spent the last few days doing a lot of benchmarking, and it has helped me come up with a plan for moving forward. 
Initially, I wanted to launch fully supporting every exchange out there.  Unfortunately due to resource allocation costs it would just cost way too much up front to provision the resources needed to process so much data.  What I may have to end up doing is launching supporting fewer exchanges so that membership costs help to get the provisions needed to enable the rest of them (I'm thinking of starting with 8-10 of the exchanges enabled, then bringing more in as the userbase grows (which is just basically flipping a switch in the database for each exchange).  This will balance my risk to the point of being manageable in the case of a slower-than-expected startup, while still offering way more than the competition.

With the benchmarking out of the way, I can continue forward with the programming, having a much clearer path ahead.  If anyone has input on which exchanges they would like to see starting up, it will be taken into consideration.

Back to work!

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:12:40 PM

Updating the thread for the day

Today I got my standby daemons working well.  What they do is slow down the api queries for markets that aren't currently being traded.  This lightens the load on the API provider, as well as the Rollerbot servers.
I've also put some work into the plugin system today to support backend plugins, which will run on a separate machine than user/tradebot plugins.  The first backend plugin to run will be the tradedata plugin, which will do nothing but look through the API cache for new trade data on each exchange and each market, and put them into the backend database.  This allows Rollerbot to have instant access to historical data without having to wait for dozens of API calls to complete.

I've also been putting a lot of thought into the best way to hit the market with Rollerbot.  I've decided to go ahead and fire up two more Amazone EC2 instances so that I can launch with every exchange supported (contrary to yesterday's post).  The whole MtGox situation is a prime example of why I wanted to build Rollerbot in the first place - to diversify as much as possible so that if one exchange gets hacked or is dishonest, then my holdings are spread out enough to absorb such a blow.  To that end, I need to be sure to offer as much diversity as possible when Rollerbot launches.  The sooner users can protect their investments (myself included), the better.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:41:22 PM

That last paragraph speaks volumes as to how many of us feel right now.  GoX was nothing but a ripoff and they are trying to figure out not how to give the BTC back to it's clients but keep it for themselves.

I cannot wait to try this out.

Updating the thread for the day

Today I got my standby daemons working well.  What they do is slow down the api queries for markets that aren't currently being traded.  This lightens the load on the API provider, as well as the Rollerbot servers.
I've also put some work into the plugin system today to support backend plugins, which will run on a separate machine than user/tradebot plugins.  The first backend plugin to run will be the tradedata plugin, which will do nothing but look through the API cache for new trade data on each exchange and each market, and put them into the backend database.  This allows Rollerbot to have instant access to historical data without having to wait for dozens of API calls to complete.

I've also been putting a lot of thought into the best way to hit the market with Rollerbot.  I've decided to go ahead and fire up two more Amazone EC2 instances so that I can launch with every exchange supported (contrary to yesterday's post).  The whole MtGox situation is a prime example of why I wanted to build Rollerbot in the first place - to diversify as much as possible so that if one exchange gets hacked or is dishonest, then my holdings are spread out enough to absorb such a blow.  To that end, I need to be sure to offer as much diversity as possible when Rollerbot launches.  The sooner users can protect their investments (myself included), the better.

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:04:54 PM

Daily update:

Today was an excellent day of coding.  The plugin system is now reworked and can support plugins as a frontend service, a backend service, or any future service that may be added.  I now have the backend trade data plugin running, and things are working as expected.  I also went ahead and threaded the plugin system.  Each plugin (frontend, backend, etc.) will run in it's own thread and have it's own thread controller.  This will give me tons of flexibility moving forward.  There are still some small additions needed yet, but nothing I can really do much with until I complete the strategy system.  As of today, the rework of the backend services is nearly finished (probably around 90% complete).  The few bits that still need to be done have to do with auto-scaling features that will allow more Amazon EC2 instances to spin up as needed along with demand.

Performance-wise, the backend services are doing very well.  I'm currently running the backend API cache system on 10 exchanges, along with the trade data plugin at about a .25 CPU load.  Not too shabby!

Moving forward starting tomorrow, I'll get back into the website/user interface and get back into the guts of the strategy system.  Once this is done I will mostly only have to concentrate on website and UI work.

That's about it for now.  Things are looking good to meet the March 15th Alpha testing start date!

afxxx

Activity: 52
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:49:04 PM

Hello,

would love to beta test this. Have linux / shell experiance. Also potential customer Wink

Thanks!
Bitcrea

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Bitcrea.com

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:50:38 PM

very excited about this Smiley can't wait.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: