Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:47:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch IS HERE!!!!  (Read 223004 times)
helmet

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:53:28 PM

Mintpal will let in any SCAM coin, if someone pays for the "votes" - simple as that. Cant see any benefit's from being listed there. And certainly do not recommend anyone to buy votes for Kitteh in that page.

Making people pay for votes is a scam and just a money making scheme.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 05:11:11 AM

Mintpal will let in any SCAM coin, if someone pays for the "votes" - simple as that. Cant see any benefit's from being listed there. And certainly do not recommend anyone to buy votes for Kitteh in that page.

I disagree, it's not a scam, it's obviously a newly popular exchange, this is the way they choose to make money, they are upfront about it; I may not agree with it but it's far from a scam..

DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 06:02:30 AM

I disagree, it's not a scam, it's obviously a newly popular exchange, this is the way they choose to make money, they are upfront about it; I may not agree with it but it's far from a scam..
Big money fro adding the coin and also asking for commision? That's maybe a bit too mutch.
naglas

Activity: 233

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:22:48 AM

http://www.altcoinfever.com/bought-1-billion-kittehcoin/

has this been posted yet?
DubFX

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:40:33 AM

Interesting article...who and why would do that?
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:12:45 AM

Cannot find the buy order, charts show no such purchase, do they mean a buy wall somewhere on some odd exchange ?

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
DubFX

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:13:39 AM

Cannot find the buy order, charts show no such purchase, do they mean a buy wall somewhere on some odd exchange ?
Would be also nice to get a screenshot or a link.
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:03:55 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 10:26:51 AM by freddyfarnsworth

If I had 60btc to buy with, Meow would be at 40 50 sats now.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
votemp

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:25:44 AM

kitteh is dying...people has other "good" scamcoins to mine Sad

Kitteh was never a scam.  The Devs put a lot of work into it.  It sucks that scam coin devs can make bank and run off with people's money through premines and ipos, Kitteh team isn't like that.

Most of the altcoins, except a few POS coins are taking a beating now.Have to wait for a BTC rise.

Respectfully disagree.  When I last checked the voting on MintPal it looked like Kitteh was pretty near the top of the voting list.  Cryptsy is dead, but if this coin was on MintPal then this would renew interest in the coin.   Keep voting is all I'm saying and who knows where this could be with news from dev + listing on Mintpal = the moon (and back again).  Great coin, great team.  MintPal has tons of BTC floating around on it at the moment waiting for good oppurtunities, but this coin has been around a while and it may take a bit of time to get a sustained rise.  The future is very bright.

Voting on mintpal has only a few people (2-5) real support. So it is not an indicator of interest for this coin. Dev also make me disappointed. I am still waiting for big new features was announced since beginning of February (merged-mining, zerocoin integration, and nameID/coincontrol integration etc.).
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:48:52 AM

they are talking about the whale in cryptsy, think its still the same one now with big buys on 4 and big sells on 6 and above, he initially had a 60 btc buy wall. he has prob 500,000,000 - 800,000,000 kitteh i wld say. hes been buying for last 2-3 weeks!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
dadikul

Activity: 188

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:37:49 AM

they are talking about the whale in cryptsy, think its still the same one now with big buys on 4 and big sells on 6 and above, he initially had a 60 btc buy wall. he has prob 500,000,000 - 800,000,000 kitteh i wld say. hes been buying for last 2-3 weeks!

So we will see kitteh at 50-60sat in the near future :>?
alijiba

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:42:06 AM

If the coins is profitable to mine , multipools will mine it. It's simple as that. KWG is just to prevent pools switching in and out and taking advantage of the difficulty.
But if the coin is the most profitable to mine , even with the increase difficulty , multipools will mine it and dump it.

snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:25:02 PM

Not sure what you expect -- daily updates from the devs? If this was some sort of major corporate project, weekly projects would be a reasonable expectation, but we're lucky we get the updates we do for a side project done in dev's free time!!

Look to Twitter, Reddit, and IRC if you want to keep up to date, that's where the more productive conversations are happening -- seems this thread has just been hijacked by FUD and market speculation..  Undecided

Thank you Zachamo, as always you are a man of reason among a flood of complaints.

For those who have joined said flood, please take into consideration the following:

-We did not premine at all, Satoshi premined 5% of Bitcoin, yet no one is waiting for updates from Satoshi..

-Not only that but we did not start KittehCoin, like many of you, we liked KittehCoin and wanted to see it live which is why Dano, I and the rest of the team took it upon us to restore it to where it is now.

-We are not huge miners and did not have as much of a chance to instamine it as the most people did in the first few days (I own about half a MH myself which is negligible).

-We ALL have daytime jobs and wive's/girlfriend and some of us have kids too.

-The weather we've been having in the past couple of months have made us all sick, a couple of times at least!

-Lack of funds has put a huge damper in our movement, we've had so many projects flawed because we simply could fund our projects and donations to our development wallet has been EXTREMELY scarce.

-We have a winning team, but without funds, a winning team goes nowhere and puts in hard work and effort on projects that can never come to light.

-Not only do we deal with the development side, the business outreach side, the social community side, but on top of that we have to deal with people complaining that we are not doing enough? As if we were actually your employees!

-I have invested a good amount of my own personal funds not on speculation but on actually getting things going for KittehCoin, I know everyone in the KittehCommand has as well and so have some of our contributors. I've invested hundreds of hours towards this project, unpaid; I could have done overtime at my work and actually gotten something out of it; in fact I've left my work many times early to make sure our team reaches deadlines. We've NEVER asked for a paycheck from anyone.

-IMO, any new coin that comes out must have an IPO to survive all of this(with escrow of course). We have proven we are not a scam, but very often are accused of such without any basis whatsoever.. If we were running a scam, we would actually make money, right now were not even close to being compensated for our time.

this
mneehon

Activity: 174

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:41:23 PM

Announcing our 1 MILLION DOGECOIN Giveaway

<<huge image deleted  Smiley>>

We are giving away 1,000,000 DOGE in a prize draw - available to everyone who mines at any of our pools (including MEOW) starting from today. As you mine, you will earn "tickets" to the prize draw. The more tickets you have the more chance of winning. The first draw will be made when we have found our first DOGE block.

Starts right now - click here to learn more

Mine at our MEOW pool

Our thread here on BCT

I can confirm that the prize is for real - I mined both DOGE and MEOW there and won cool 100k DOGEs.  I like this pool a lot and you can still get 0% promo codes for mining there (not sure if they are for MEOW only, but the codes are available on the MEOW dashboard).

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:12:07 PM

I'm doing a research project on coin distribution for both older and new coins. I'm interested on gathering some data for top addresses and how much of the coins the top100 have. This along with the number of people (addresses) actually holding any amount of coins.

I have some info from bitinfocharts on a few coins but I really do need some data on other coins along with less exposed or new ones.

If anyone knows an explorer with this feature drop a line.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
247mining

Activity: 161
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:09:53 PM

I'm doing a research project on coin distribution for both older and new coins. I'm interested on gathering some data for top addresses and how much of the coins the top100 have. This along with the number of people (addresses) actually holding any amount of coins.

I have some info from bitinfocharts on a few coins but I really do need some data on other coins along with less exposed or new ones.

This?

http://coinia.net/kittehcoin/getbalance.php?top=100
Lovok

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:30:15 PM

kitteh is dying...people has other "good" scamcoins to mine Sad

Kitteh was never a scam.  The Devs put a lot of work into it.  It sucks that scam coin devs can make bank and run off with people's money through premines and ipos, Kitteh team isn't like that.

Most of the altcoins, except a few POS coins are taking a beating now.Have to wait for a BTC rise.

Respectfully disagree.  When I last checked the voting on MintPal it looked like Kitteh was pretty near the top of the voting list.  Cryptsy is dead, but if this coin was on MintPal then this would renew interest in the coin.   Keep voting is all I'm saying and who knows where this could be with news from dev + listing on Mintpal = the moon (and back again).  Great coin, great team.  MintPal has tons of BTC floating around on it at the moment waiting for good oppurtunities, but this coin has been around a while and it may take a bit of time to get a sustained rise.  The future is very bright.

Voting on mintpal has only a few people (2-5) real support. So it is not an indicator of interest for this coin. Dev also make me disappointed. I am still waiting for big new features was announced since beginning of February (merged-mining, zerocoin integration, and nameID/coincontrol integration etc.).

Also removing random block value still nowhere, until that, I'm no more interested in mining MEOW. Value rises, multipools exploits high value blocks, value falls ...

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:33:03 PM

This?

http://coinia.net/kittehcoin/getbalance.php?top=100

Purrfect. Thanks Smiley

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 11:00:14 PM

Big money fro adding the coin and also asking for commision? That's maybe a bit too mutch.

It's really a question of what people are willing to pay, I agree, it's asking for a lot, but they are being transparent about it so I really do not see why someone would call it a scam.

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 04:37:09 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 10:16:10 PM by danosphere

:emerges from the internet fog:

KittehCoin Status Update and Hard Fork Pre-Announcement

http://kittehcoin.info
@KittehCoin | Google+ | Facebook
KittehCoin Forums | KittehCoin Reddit
Lead Developer: dan@kittehcoin.info
Open Source GitHub: https://github.com/kittehcoin/

Hello Kittehcoin community! I do apologize for my absence. I've had some higher-priority commitments come up over the past weeks (aka: my day job) that have kept me from being as communicative as I always want to be when it comes to KittehCoin and for that I apologize. The community has done some very cool things in the meantime including raising funds to help a dog in distress and currently offering a bounty for a twitter tipbot. The team and I are also honored to have been voted the best coin-team of March 2014 as well as winning several other awards- we are very much appreciative of the recognition.

When I picked up KittehCoin it was dead and had no hopes of coming back- it has now grown into something much larger than I could have ever imagined and I have learned a LOT from it and the experience. The problem I'm facing is that due to the time-constraints of my day-job commitments I find myself having insufficient time to give Kittehcoin the attention it deserves from a leader. I have also been presented with the opportunity to participate in a new project and my passion for producing a truly innovative cryptocurrency that doesn't just tinker with the bitcoin/litecoin code (like Kittehcoin does  Lips sealed). This new project builds on that tech and provides value-added services built directly into the blockchain itself- that type of innovation is where my interests truly lie; implementing such tech within a memecoin like Kittehcoin would be silly- let's be honest. In that opportunity also lies the ability to launch a coin correctly from the start rather than picking up something and having to resuscitate it without having any part in its true inception.

Even though I won't be leading Kittehcoin in the long term I will still be part of the team perpetually. I will also still continue to host all of the core properties for the foreseeable future and if the community updates them I will be happy to enable the new team with access to those web properties (wiki, forums, block explorer, website, etc).

The current team and I would never scale back our commitment while leaving Kittehcoin in a bad position for the long term. We have thought long and hard about how to leave Kittehcoin in a strong position regardless of how long it may take for a new leadership team to step up. Originally we had thought about creating a new coin that is merge-mined with Kittehcoin but that only seemed to confuse people and would not leave Kittehcoin itself in the best position long-term if someone weren't able to step in immediately to steer the ship after launching the new merge-mined coin. Because of that, we have decided to change course just a bit for this last release done under the guidance of myself/the current team in order to leave Kittehcoin in the best position possible.

This next release will include some major changes that should leave Kittehcoin in a great place. We have a rough timeline of about 1month to having the release candidate ready and will be coordinating with pool operators to make sure the hard fork is performed cleanly with proper forewarning. A hard fork is coming!! We plan to release the client within 2months so the hard fork will occur within that time period with more specifics to follow.

Updates planned for final Kittehcoin client under my watch:
  • Changing block rewards from random to fixed-average similar to DOGE.
  • Adjusting the KGW variables to improve difficulty adjustment
  • Implementing the max_coin cap at 25bil in the actual wallet code- this would otherwise not be possible until the random reward tiers were complete.
  • Adding checkpoint blocks to the next client release.
  • Merge mining with another scrypt coin- the exact coin is still TBA

This is how the new payout schedule will be structured after the hardfork:
Payout Schedule (pending hardfork):
Blocks 1 — 200,000: 25,000 MEOW Reward
Blocks 200,001 — 400,000: 12,500 MEOW Reward
Blocks 400,001 — 500,000: 6,250 MEOW Reward
Blocks 500,001 — 600,000: 3,125 MEOW Reward
Blocks 600,001+ — 2,000 Reward (flat)

Kittehcoin is an open-source community project and I have no doubt that a fresh group of people will step in to take the reigns. I will hand over control of the assets (including the donations wallet) as the proper entities step forth to take over- please pm me or email dan@kittehcoin.info if you're interested in being that point person; I will not leave Kittehcoin with someone who has no experience in this kind of thing, I'll make sure it has a good home. Although I will still be involved with Kittehcoin I will no longer be leading the initiative as it would be a disservice to Kittehcoin and to the new project I want to focus on. I want to be clear in that this change of focus has nothing to do with the value of Kittehcoin; I would do this even if MEOW were worth 100x its current value. This is about me wanting to do other innovative things in crypto and applying the lessons learned via Kittehcoin to those other more innovative initiatives. Some other members of the Kittehcoin team may be scaling back their commitment as well to join me in this new initiative. Trust me if we had the hours in the day we'd do it all, but that just isn't being realistic.

We will provide more news on which coin Kittehcoin will be merge-mineable with as soon as we have had some more time to speak with the dev teams of said coin(s). In the meantime please feel free to ask any questions you may have- the team and I will do the best we can to answer them in a timely manner.

There are a few development updates we have as well since there has been ongoing development:
  • iOS app is being resubmitted to app store abiding by their updated TOS, should be available soon
  • Block explorer is being updated with QR codes for easy scanning of addresses from explorer
  • SSL-Heartbleed fix has been applied to the Mac and Windows KittehCoin wallet clients.
  • Bounty is being raised by the community for a twitter tipbot

TL;DR;
- Team will be transitioning to new leadership and is looking for interested parties to lead
- A hard fork is coming with a new release that changes payout schedules, diff algo vars, implements the coin cap, and introduces merged mining
- The iOS app is finally ready to be approved by Apple and the block explorer has been updated to work in conjunction with the app and provide QR codes for addresses in general
- Bounty is being raised by community for a twitter tipbot

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: