Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:33:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch IS HERE!!!!  (Read 223004 times)
CarlosWing

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:43:48 AM

In a real free market you can put the orders that you'd like to put. If I see a wall I don't sell cheaper I just don't sell. If I see a buying wall, I don't pay more for buying.
You don't need a Phd to see that. But here we have a whole bunch of people in one side panic selling and in the other side people that want to be a millionaire in 1 month.

So at the end of the day you have a bunch of bag holders in one side and crying babies in the other side..

Investors are taking advantage of all these idiots. In 6 month we'll see the real deal.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Swmovzkbt7KuLq59j1exChkocEznU2VJeH

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shmigs

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:02:44 AM

:emerges from the internet fog:

Hello Kittehcoin community! I do apologize for my absence. I've had some higher-priority commitments come up over the past weeks (aka: my day job) that have kept me from being as communicative as I always want to be when it comes to KittehCoin and for that I apologize. The community has done some very cool things in the meantime including raising funds to help a dog in distress and currently offering a bounty for a twitter tipbot. The team and I are also honored to have been voted the best coin-team of March 2014 as well as winning several other awards- we are very much appreciative of the recognition.

When I picked up KittehCoin it was dead and had no hopes of coming back- it has now grown into something much larger than I could have ever imagined and I have learned a LOT from it and the experience. The problem I'm facing is that due to the time-constraints of my day-job commitments I find myself having insufficient time to give Kittehcoin the attention it deserves from a leader. I have also been presented with the opportunity to participate in a new project and my passion for producing a truly innovative cryptocurrency that doesn't just tinker with the bitcoin/litecoin code (like Kittehcoin does  Lips sealed). This new project builds on that tech and provides value-added services built directly into the blockchain itself- that type of innovation is where my interests truly lie; implementing such tech within a memecoin like Kittehcoin would be silly- let's be honest. In that opportunity also lies the ability to launch a coin correctly from the start rather than picking up something and having to resuscitate it without having any part in its true inception.

Even though I won't be leading Kittehcoin in the long term I will still be part of the team perpetually. I will also still continue to host all of the core properties for the foreseeable future and if the community updates them I will be happy to enable the new team with access to those web properties (wiki, forums, block explorer, website, etc).

The current team and I would never scale back our commitment while leaving Kittehcoin in a bad position for the long term. We have thought long and hard about how to leave Kittehcoin in a strong position regardless of how long it may take for a new leadership team to step up. Originally we had thought about creating a new coin that is merge-mined with Kittehcoin but that only seemed to confuse people and would not leave Kittehcoin itself in the best position long-term if someone weren't able to step in immediately to steer the ship after launching the new merge-mined coin. Because of that, we have decided to change course just a bit for this last release done under the guidance of myself/the current team in order to leave Kittehcoin in the best position possible.

This next release will include some major changes that should leave Kittehcoin in a great place. We have a rough timeline of about 1month to having the release candidate ready and will be coordinating with pool operators to make sure the hard fork is performed cleanly with proper forewarning. A hard fork is coming!! We plan to release the client within 2months so the hard fork will occur within that time period with more specifics to follow.

Updates planned for final Kittehcoin client under my watch:
  • Changing block rewards from random to fixed-average similar to DOGE.
  • Adjusting the KGW variables to improve difficulty adjustment
  • Implementing the max_coin cap at 25bil in the actual wallet code- this would otherwise not be possible until the random reward tiers were complete.
  • Adding checkpoint blocks to the next client release.
  • Merge mining with another scrypt coin- the exact coin is still TBA

This is how the new payout schedule will be structured after the hardfork:
Payout Schedule (pending hardfork):
Blocks 1 — 200,000: 25,000 MEOW Reward
Blocks 200,001 — 400,000: 12,500 MEOW Reward
Blocks 400,001 — 500,000: 6,250 MEOW Reward
Blocks 500,001 — 600,000: 3,125 MEOW Reward
Blocks 600,001+ — 2,000 Reward (flat)

Kittehcoin is an open-source community project and I have no doubt that a fresh group of people will step in to take the reigns. I will hand over control of the assets (including the donations wallet) as the proper entities step forth to take over- please pm me or email dan@kittehcoin.info if you're interested in being that point person; I will not leave Kittehcoin with someone who has no experience in this kind of thing, I'll make sure it has a good home. Although I will still be involved with Kittehcoin I will no longer be leading the initiative as it would be a disservice to Kittehcoin and to the new project I want to focus on. I want to be clear in that this change of focus has nothing to do with the value of Kittehcoin; I would do this even if MEOW were worth 100x its current value. This is about me wanting to do other innovative things in crypto and applying the lessons learned via Kittehcoin to those other more innovative initiatives. Some other members of the Kittehcoin team may be scaling back their commitment as well to join me in this new initiative. Trust me if we had the hours in the day we'd do it all, but that just isn't being realistic.

We will provide more news on which coin Kittehcoin will be merge-mineable with as soon as we have had some more time to speak with the dev teams of said coin(s). In the meantime please feel free to ask any questions you may have- the team and I will do the best we can to answer them in a timely manner.

There are a few development updates we have as well since there has been ongoing development:
  • iOS app is being resubmitted to app store abiding by their updated TOS, should be available soon
  • Block explorer is being updated with QR codes for easy scanning of addresses from explorer
  • SSL-Heartbleed fix has been applied to the Mac and Windows KittehCoin wallet clients and is post to the website or here (mac | win).
  • Bounty is being raised by the community for a twitter tipbot

TL;DR;
- Team will be transitioning to new leadership and is looking for interested parties to lead
- A hard fork is coming with a new release that changes payout schedules, diff algo vars, implements the coin cap, and introduces merged mining
- The iOS app is finally ready to be approved by Apple and the block explorer has been updated to work in conjunction with the app and provide QR codes for addresses in general and SSL heartbleed fix has been applied to both mac and windows Kittehcoin-QT wallet clients- posted on the official website.
- Bounty is being raised by community for a twitter tipbot

that is NOT the news we all were waiting for...

so that roughly means it was a nice training ground for the devs and now they are leaving for a new super awesome project and not leading this one anymore.

it looks like your girlfriend says to you - that was some nice time we had but I love you as a friend you know not as a boyfriend, and you can always call me and chat, but we will not have sex anymore neither do over cool stuff that couples do...  but yeah, lets do it last time so you not look so sad...

I believed in this coin several months ago, I invested some huge pile of money in it and all the way down from 80 to 4 sats I was optimistic because I had faith in our awesome active professional dev team that no other coin had before. I sold 0 kittehs buying even more instead whenever I had a chance.

And know you telling me that you are leaving taking with you the only bright part this coin had - the awesome team? And what future you think is waiting us? Is it bright? Or maybe it is delisting from Criptsy? What should we expect tomorrow?

And yes, you can always tell me - since you've sent me no paycheck I am not obliged to do anything, mister. But that's working both ways - how can we pay you if we have no profits?
But im not talking about the obligations here, im talking about the hopes you gave ppl working on this coin and know leaving it aside...

sry, for this wall of text... feel free to call me a crybaby and a stupid investor... I knew about the risk when buying the coin, but I've never imagined that it would be this bad...

and again - that is NOT the news we all be waiting for...
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:20:21 AM

shmigs.

The main problem for the devs has been that bagholders have donated very little to push the coin forward.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448003.msg6220629#msg6220629

It seems most were just happy to sit back with their coins and do nothing, while the devs worked their asses off.
We have tried numerous times to get people to donate for bounties, but the interest does just not seem to be there or its a case of "I am holding on to my coins, I am sure somebody else will donate".
The hope was ( and still is ) that the community will start taking a more active role.

shmigs

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:53:00 AM

shmigs.

The main problem for the devs has been that bagholders have donated very little to push the coin forward.

It seems most were just happy to sit back with their coins and do nothing, while the devs worked their asses off.
We have tried numerous times to get people to donate for bounties, but the interest does just not seem to be there or its a case of "I am holding on to my coins, I am sure somebody else will donate".
The hope was ( and still is ) that the community will start taking a more active role.

I know that... But taken into account that lots of ppl bought their only million at 60-80 sats makes understandable that they are not willing to giveaway single kitty... of course thats a trap for everyone but still thats a reason Sad(

I personally donated smth round 2,5-3 million meows to different purposes. is that much? No! But if you consider the fact that I bought them at 60sat it would make my donations look not that miserable, right? So that was 5% of all my holdings. My plan was to give away 20% more at the better price range, but I now thinking of just selling it to save the leftovers I got.

Could you advise me then, please - what should I do? How to react to the news I just read?
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:37:57 AM

You are already there, it cannot get worse bottom is bottom, I will simply wait to see if I lose it all.
Not really a BIG amount till meow makes it to .011111111 or so, then would be a good time to sell.
So until then - Live and Learn. All you can, try to enjoy yourself it aint easy....

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:15:43 AM

shmigs.

I know that... But taken into account that lots of ppl bought their only million at 60-80 sats makes understandable that they are not willing to giveaway single kitty... of course thats a trap for everyone but still thats a reason Sad(

I personally donated smth round 2,5-3 million meows to different purposes. is that much? No! But if you consider the fact that I bought them at 60sat it would make my donations look not that miserable, right? So that was 5% of all my holdings. My plan was to give away 20% more at the better price range, but I now thinking of just selling it to save the leftovers I got.

Could you advise me then, please - what should I do? How to react to the news I just read?

Well, look at it this way..
We could just have stopped working on kitteh, so I think its good news that there are still work being done.
So many coins out there just abandoned.

And who knows, this might just give people a kick up the ... and make them finally see that in order for a coin to be successful it does require that bagholders gets off their backsides and actually help.
I totally understand your frustration. We have put in hundreds (if not thousands) of unpaid man-hours into this, hoping that people would start helping us to push this forward.
shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:49:24 AM

in 2 months, 1 commit to github
really working your asses off...
at least thanks for lettings us know you are dumping the coin. do it earlier for the next coin you release

I also donated to dev's wallet few hundred thoudands coins.. from the 3M i had when it was 100 satoshi

and another 1M for the dog's surgery (community gave 9M !!)
but when it was only 6 satoshi

shmigs.

Well, look at it this way..
We could just have stopped working on kitteh, so I think its good news that there are still work being done.
So many coins out there just abandoned.

And who knows, this might just give people a kick up the ... and make them finally see that in order for a coin to be successful it does require that bagholders gets off their backsides and actually help.
I totally understand your frustration. We have put in hundreds (if not thousands) of unpaid man-hours into this, hoping that people would start helping us to push this forward.
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:22:38 AM

at least thanks for lettings us know you are dumping the coin. do it earlier for the next coin you release

I also donated to dev's wallet few hundred thoudands coins.. from the 3M i had when it was 100 satoshi

You do know that current Devs are not the ones who released this coin right?
And yes, we did work our asses off to keep it going and relaunched in a proper way, hoping that we together with the community could bring this to the same level as doge or better.
Hell the MaxKeiser pump/dump happened before we relaunched.
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:17:04 PM

fuck max
we have GPUs Tongue
he even said that there is no reason for kitteh not to pass doge's market cap and he spammed about it
until the releaunch i agree you did a lot of work
but in the past 2 months 1 commit to github
so should we sell all coins before market cap goes lower ?
the core miners power is almost nothing..

You do know that current Devs are not the ones who released this coin right?
And yes, we did work our asses off to keep it going and relaunched in a proper way, hoping that we together with the community could bring this to the same level as doge or better.
Hell the MaxKeiser pump/dump happened before we relaunched.

Merge mining will help a lot with hashrate, so we are focusing on that.
Seeing no return on time invested, and hardly anyone from the community contributing time and/or donations is soul destroying.
Again the main issue we kept hitting was people asking for donation to do stuff. Bit hard to give out when nobody donates ( And big thanks to the few that did ).
As for our own wallets we were/are in the same boat as all the small bagholders. I myself had 7mill mined and bought some at 20sat. And that's about it.

Don't think any of us got 10million+ MEOW from any kind of mining.

We've sunk many many hours into this trying to get back to 100+ but the community needs to take a larger role ala DOGE.
It is the only way a meme coin can be successful.
Hopefully that is what will happen. We are here to help with it as much as possible
helmet

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:39:56 PM

Merge mining will help a lot with hashrate, so we are focusing on that.
Seeing no return on time invested, and hardly anyone from the community contributing time and/or donations is soul destroying.
Again the main issue we kept hitting was people asking for donation to do stuff. Bit hard to give out when nobody donates ( And big thanks to the few that did ).
As for our own wallets we were/are in the same boat as all the small bagholders. I myself had 7mill mined and bought some at 20sat. And that's about it.

Don't think any of us got 10million+ MEOW from any kind of mining.

We've sunk many many hours into this trying to get back to 100+ but the community needs to take a larger role ala DOGE.
It is the only way a meme coin can be successful.
Hopefully that is what will happen. We are here to help with it as much as possible

You may say this, but for the last few weeks the community has tried to stand up and take over a lot of the tasks. There is a group of the core kitteh supporters on IRC that have tried to do this, but communication from Dano/Dev team has been lacking and holding things up. In a nutshell the community wants to push forward with marketing, planning, leadership etc.... and has for some time... So that Dano only needs to code stuff. But for some reason, they aren't allowed to.

Now with Dano's announcement, it seems as if he has interests in other things.... So I wonder if trying to move this coin forward at this point is even worth the effort.
RonnieDoubleA

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:18:29 PM

You may say this, but for the last few weeks the community has tried to stand up and take over a lot of the tasks. There is a group of the core kitteh supporters on IRC that have tried to do this, but communication from Dano/Dev team has been lacking and holding things up. In a nutshell the community wants to push forward with marketing, planning, leadership etc.... and has for some time... So that Dano only needs to code stuff. But for some reason, they aren't allowed to.

Now with Dano's announcement, it seems as if he has interests in other things.... So I wonder if trying to move this coin forward at this point is even worth the effort.

Now with Dano's announcement (of which I share most people's feelings that it's not the positive message we were waiting for) I would say that opens the way for exactly what you say above. Communication has arrived and things should not be held up anymore for others who wish to contribute. Here's your chance:

Kittehcoin is an open-source community project and I have no doubt that a fresh group of people will step in to take the reigns. I will hand over control of the assets (including the donations wallet) as the proper entities step forth to take over- please pm me or email dan@kittehcoin.info if you're interested in being that point person; I will not leave Kittehcoin with someone who has no experience in this kind of thing, I'll make sure it has a good home.

To Dano: as the leadership form was recently turned into group leadership (KittehCommand) I would say that one person steps out or at least a bit down (you) and one or more step in. Could you clarify?
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:31:24 PM

Dano is on EST. So could be a couple of hours before a reply.
But delighted myself that core kitteh supporters are ready!
adamg

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 03:55:34 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 04:12:15 PM by adamg

Hi kittehcoin fans,

This is my first post on here. I am a big kittehcoin fans so would like to thank the devs and community of the coin.
There are a few positives (mining etc) in the announcement and a major negative.

I've asked a few times to do the marketing for kittehcoin on twitter and facebook as this is where my background is. I was asked to be on irc to talk with dano about 2 weeks ago, so I've been on for around 2 weeks but haven't managed to get any contact with dano yet.

My one big regret is that I have still not had a proper conversation with any of the devs despite being on irc a lot of the day for 2 weeks. It makes it hard to know how to market a coin/procede if none of the leaders are around to discuss.

In the meantime I have started working with rodux (or rodox sorry not great with names) on a marketing plan and I have worked with chinatuakong (again not great with names) on doing a Chinese language twitter account https://twitter.com/kittehcoinchina (webibo coming soon)  I've also discussed doing a Spanish one with a community member who will translate the main kittehcoin twitter tweets to Spanish which will increase our reach.

In response to the fund raising question for kittehcoin. The only fundraising requests I have seen are:

•   Twitter tipbot which a community member is going to do for free (think its cryptoargentina)
•   Bitcoin request for entrance to mintpal (https://www.mintpal.com/voting) - which has had good donations this is despite the non ethical element of paying to be listed - we are now 5th or 6th (maybe a kittehcoin address which we transfer into bitcoin for this purpose might also be worth getting more donations)
•   A request to save a dog on reddit which was met.

I can't agree with comment saying that there has been little funds if the marketing of receiving funds has been non existent- you have got to let the community know what the coins are for and how it will benefit the community - no one will give you coins without a cause or reason.

From a marketing point of view I can't see what the benefit was of announcing you want to mergemine with another coin but basically saying you are stepping down was? Surely the other coin will want a stable development team that doesn't look like they are off to work on another coin.

In terms of getting a developer on board to take the reigns what is the process that this usually takes?

Now I am seeing people tweeting about the end of kittehcoin! It is up to people to step up to the plate and get involved -most of you guys have a twitter/fb account that you can  easily tweet and market the coin with the kittehcoin community.  We all have a unique skill that can be utilised with other kittehcoin fans to promote and develop the coin and community. Come onto the irc on kittehcoin.info if you are unsure what you can add and have a chat.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:36:51 PM

that is NOT the news we all were waiting for...

so that roughly means it was a nice training ground for the devs and now they are leaving for a new super awesome project and not leading this one anymore.

it looks like your girlfriend says to you - that was some nice time we had but I love you as a friend you know not as a boyfriend, and you can always call me and chat, but we will not have sex anymore neither do over cool stuff that couples do...  but yeah, lets do it last time so you not look so sad...

I believed in this coin several months ago, I invested some huge pile of money in it and all the way down from 80 to 4 sats I was optimistic because I had faith in our awesome active professional dev team that no other coin had before. I sold 0 kittehs buying even more instead whenever I had a chance.

And know you telling me that you are leaving taking with you the only bright part this coin had - the awesome team? And what future you think is waiting us? Is it bright? Or maybe it is delisting from Criptsy? What should we expect tomorrow?

And yes, you can always tell me - since you've sent me no paycheck I am not obliged to do anything, mister. But that's working both ways - how can we pay you if we have no profits?
But im not talking about the obligations here, im talking about the hopes you gave ppl working on this coin and know leaving it aside...

sry, for this wall of text... feel free to call me a crybaby and a stupid investor... I knew about the risk when buying the coin, but I've never imagined that it would be this bad...

and again - that is NOT the news we all be waiting for...

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:09:27 PM

shmigs.

This is a slightly nearsighted sentiment.
Those who invested their funds at 60, 80 or even 100 satoshi could not be expected to donate those funds as just to donate $100 to the developers it would cost them $1000-$2000.

I have been pretty vocal several times about what I felt were key issues and roadblocks in kittehs path.
I offered to help strategize a plan of action but was not taken up on the offer. That in itself was disappointing as I believe that there were many forms of action we could have taken. Mergemining was not one of them.

We all have lives to live and other responsibilities so it would be selfish of us to hold it against the team for wanting to move on with their lives and careers. We can't necessarily expect someone to waste their time on something solely for our benefit. As much as we may not like this move, we all need to do whats right for ourselves first.

shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:08:02 PM

so why do you people only offer to do stuff ? and not just doing ?

like someone recently wrote on irc quoting someone we all like 'there is do or do not, there is no try'

lazy kittehs we are ? Smiley
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 07:14:23 PM

As snipsnoop pointed out I'm on EST and as noted in my update I'm at work- I don't work the kind of job that I can just be on forums all day, I gotta actually produce code and manage people, so thats why from 9a-9p EST I'm pretty much MIA. That is not fair for Kittehcoin IMO. The lead should be more accessible.

Now, onto these complaints from bagholders that are in the EXACT same position as the entire dev team, except they haven't contributed hundreds (thousands cumulative) of free man hours to this effort-

shmigs.

And that is why WE should continue to provide free development? I appreciate the 3mil donation but we need like 50mil-100mil to make things happen. Reality. We got all of 5mil after lots and lots of pleading. Also the team bought their MEOW right around the same price points as you (or mined, at high diff on the bad algo) so we're all in the same boat together. I have millions of kittehcoin purchased at 55 I'm still holding. Thats a loss right there. Now add my time spent on this effort. Now add my costs for things like hosting, project management solutions, hootsuite etc- all losses for me. I have made nothing off of KittehCoin but that isn't why I'm moving on. How many times do we need to repeat the story WE DID NOT START KITTEHCOIN.

Hi kittehcoin fans,

This is my first post on here. I am a big kittehcoin fans so would like to thank the devs and community of the coin.
There are a few positives (mining etc) in the announcement and a major negative.

I've asked a few times to do the marketing for kittehcoin on twitter and facebook as this is where my background is. I was asked to be on irc to talk with dano about 2 weeks ago, so I've been on for around 2 weeks but haven't managed to get any contact with dano yet.

My one big regret is that I have still not had a proper conversation with any of the devs despite being on irc a lot of the day for 2 weeks. It makes it hard to know how to market a coin/procede if none of the leaders are around to discuss.

In the meantime I have started working with rodux (or rodox sorry not great with names) on a marketing plan and I have worked with chinatuakong (again not great with names) on doing a Chinese language twitter account https://twitter.com/kittehcoinchina (webibo coming soon)  I've also discussed doing a Spanish one with a community member who will translate the main kittehcoin twitter tweets to Spanish which will increase our reach.

In response to the fund raising question for kittehcoin. The only fundraising requests I have seen are:

•   Twitter tipbot which a community member is going to do for free (think its cryptoargentina)
•   Bitcoin request for entrance to mintpal (https://www.mintpal.com/voting) - which has had good donations this is despite the non ethical element of paying to be listed - we are now 5th or 6th (maybe a kittehcoin address which we transfer into bitcoin for this purpose might also be worth getting more donations)
•   A request to save a dog on reddit which was met.

I can't agree with comment saying that there has been little funds if the marketing of receiving funds has been non existent- you have got to let the community know what the coins are for and how it will benefit the community - no one will give you coins without a cause or reason.

From a marketing point of view I can't see what the benefit was of announcing you want to mergemine with another coin but basically saying you are stepping down was? Surely the other coin will want a stable development team that doesn't look like they are off to work on another coin.

In terms of getting a developer on board to take the reigns what is the process that this usually takes?

Now I am seeing people tweeting about the end of kittehcoin! It is up to people to step up to the plate and get involved -most of you guys have a twitter/fb account that you can  easily tweet and market the coin with the kittehcoin community.  We all have a unique skill that can be utilised with other kittehcoin fans to promote and develop the coin and community. Come onto the irc on kittehcoin.info if you are unsure what you can add and have a chat.

Yes I'm sorry I have not been able to get into IRC to chat. My email is posted in every single announcement, email me- DAN@KITTEHCOIN.INFO. If you are so tenacious about marketing kittehcoin, I'd think you'd reach out to me via email. I know we have spoken over twitter DM and I'm sorry I couldn't be in IRC when I intended to be, I instead chose to spend the time with my family and/or was stuck at work on long hours.

But what AdamG is doing is what the whole community should be doing- linking up with each other to form plans and pave the road for KittehCoin. If I see a stronger indication that this is happening in earnst and not just talk then I may spend more time on Kittehcoin but I still think a new lead who can be 100% dedicated to this is needed as my time constraints make it such that for me, continuing to be that person would be a disservice to Kittehcoin.

AdamG- I will be on IRC tonight specifically to talk to YOU. ETA 9pm EST maybe sooner though.

To Dano: as the leadership form was recently turned into group leadership (KittehCommand) I would say that one person steps out or at least a bit down (you) and one or more step in. Could you clarify?

I don't think anyone on the current leadership team has the morale left to continue but I'll let them speak for themselves. I know I feel the same as snipsnoop (also on KittehCommand) if not magnified:

"Seeing no return on time invested, and hardly anyone from the community contributing time and/or donations is soul destroying."

It is really easy to sit back and moan when you haven't spend hundreds of hours on this. NOW IS YOUR CHANCE! (to spend the time for real) The way this will work moving forward is that if there is someone within KittehCommand that wants to take over, I'll happily handover items to them. Short of that I'm waiting for someone from this VERY vocal community to reach out and take over. I won't hand it over to just anyone though- i really do want Kittehcoin to succeed people need to appreciate that- If I didn't I would just not post, not do another release, take down the sites/blockexplorer etc and just be done. It would certainly be saving me both time and money.

The coin is in a great position- it sounds like AdamG wants to do the marketing (will talk with ya tonight). Someone needs to take over the coin dev, the property management, and everything else and you'll be set- shouldn't be hard based on all the voices I'm hearing in here- surely ONE of you are willing to step up.... lack of someone stepping up just confirms my fears that this community is more talk than action, especially when it comes to REAL things like producing sites/services. Collecting money for donation is great and all, but thats much different than actually developing something or raising a bounty and successfully executing it (twitter tipbot effort is solid, and I applaud THAT- but isn't it sad that is the only real effort the community has put forth in that sense?). I won't hand over dev to someone who just wants to pump and dump this, I am lookin for a new lead with experience and a vision for Kittehcoin that make me feel comfortable in them taking over.

You are on the dev team so I'm not gonna bitch at you since you're in a similar position as me. If you read the announcement we aren't dumping (aka just walking away from) the coin- we could do that if we wanted to and just do NOTHING starting now- is that what people want?

Instead we are trying to do the right thing and leave Kittehcoin in a good place if/when the proper lead comes in to take over. With such an active community that shouldn't take long unless it really is all talk. If people feel that these updates coming in the final release under my lead are not of value please let me know, I certainly have better things to spend my time on. KGW update will fix diff issues, fixed rewards will address the issues with randomized reward exploitation and/or very low random rewards, merge mining will give us long term network stability and having an iOS app is pretty unique as well.

This is a huge opportunity for the community and/or the right person to come together and take over Kittehcoin and do all the great stuff they asked so much for in the forums and reddit but never happened due to lack of funds/time/developers willing to work for free.

This isn't an easy call to make by an measure, especially after sinking so much into this effort and I really do love the community. But I have to be honest with the community/investors I'm not going to pretend like I have time to keep working on Kittehcoin to the level I have been when I simply cannot. And I haven't known this for weeks or anything withholding information- I just have things going on in my life that now require more time now. Things like putting food on the table. I have a wedding coming up I need to plan. Things have changed at work and I have more responsibility. This is an open source project not a company; there was no premine; there was no IPO. People need to start treating it more like that. Look at the DOGE community- do they have one single developer that does every single thing? NO. They have a large and active community of volunteers who come together to make it a success. They may have single points of contact for certain things but they don't sit back holding their DOGE asking what the dev team is doing to make it increase in value, they take action- So should all of you.

I'm pleased to see AdamG posting here and actually proposing something viable and I am sorry I haven't found time to talk with him sooner. I will be doing that tonight after work. In the interim where are the crypto devs in this community that can carry the torch? Let's here some solution not whining. And those solutions should not be "more free work from Dano & co."

I'll check back when I'm off the clock.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 07:25:50 PM

I have been pretty vocal several times about what I felt were key issues and roadblocks in kittehs path.
I offered to help strategize a plan of action but was not taken up on the offer. That in itself was disappointing as I believe that there were many forms of action we could have taken. Mergemining was not one of them.

so why do you people only offer to do stuff ? and not just doing ?

+1 I am sick of people saying they have offered to do this or that but didn't because [insert reason here]- JUST DO IT. Coordinate with the community. This has to become more of a decentralized effort. If me stepping down is the only way for people to GET that then so be it. It seems like AdamG has the right idea- the community needs to drive this thing, not me, not one person, not 3 people, a community.

We all have lives to live and other responsibilities so it would be selfish of us to hold it against the team for wanting to move on with their lives and careers. We can't necessarily expect someone to waste their time on something solely for our benefit. As much as we may not like this move, we all need to do whats right for ourselves first.

Thank you. I do appreciate the fact that someone here has the sense to see this- I picked up an open source project with no intention of it becoming what is has become. I'd never compiled a freakin wallet when I picked this up sometimes in January... lots of learning has happened! Its cool it got so big, and I would like the community to keep pushing it forward- but its unfair to hang this on me just because I took the time and proactive steps to make things happen when other decided to sit back and watch or just let Kittehcoin die. Now because I decided to try and help out and things were a smashing success beyond anything I was ready for- I'm the bad guy... for wanting to explore more innovative things in crypto with my very limited free time... really not fair to me or the team especially when we're trying to do what's right in how we transition away from Kittehcoin.

If I were a dev with free time (college kids I'm lookin at you) I'd be stockpiling MEOW and then announcing plans to takeover. Just a suggestion! But like I mentioned, I won't hand over Kittehcoin to just any schmoe, I'm lookin for a solid developer/team that will take good care of MEOW. There is an opportunity here to really make profit since Kittehcoin is so cheap at the moment, and lots of bagholders have already dumped their coins.

As mentioned earlier I will speak with AdamG tonight on IRC, that may yeild more interesting news in terms of where things are headed.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
kievpool

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:53:00 PM

Dear friends, welcome to our new mining pool meow.kievpool.com

We mine Kittehcoin [MEOW]
0% - mining fee, 0% payout fee
PPLNS rewards system.
Minimal amount of coins accepted for withdrawal
Very fast and stable STARTUM server 99.9% uptime
Welcome!
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 01:47:47 AM

I'm on IRC right now answering questions. It looks like a new group a leaders is already emerging. This is what I'm talking about when I say proactive community action!

I missed Adam on IRC cause I got on pretty late GMT time (130a) but locoshibe helped keep things in check while I was away. I am there now and answering questions maybe for the next hour or so then I need to do my own stuff.

Seems like proactive community members are already stepping up- we're lining up an IRC group chat with the new blood to discuss future plans. If you're interested please reach out to me via PM or email, please include how you plan on helping Wink

This is not the end of Kittehcoin by a long shot- this is simply a transition. The community can take this coin further than I ever could on my own. I will keep the community posted, and I will also do my very best to check into IRC at least every other day during a time that both EU and US people are online to continue to provide updates and answer questions. This is not the end, its the start of a new chapter for Kittehcoin.

Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: