Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:07:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch IS HERE!!!!  (Read 223004 times)
shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:28:59 AM

I think there isn't any retarget algo. which can fight... .the big waffle.. Smiley
the commit i sent to git is suppose to at least slow down the diff jump - right now its jumping from difficulty 1, 2, up to 20 - in one step?
so this commit suppose to raise difficulty in smaller steps.

I didn't test it yet. i can do it in testnet it will take some time (i will try this weekend).

I think it is urgent to fix retarget issues
and then we can add new stuff.

about block reward, maybe we can make it fixed at 25k until block 400k, or at least 300k ?
might give nice amount of coins to miners until 250MH/s asics are shipped (if not shipped already?)
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
liyanhong

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:31:51 AM

Wow, seems like because of recent good news we are going up again!
sebar25

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:52:40 AM

Yeah, ride like a hell Cheesy
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:57:28 AM

Yeah, ride like a hell Cheesy
Anyone got any chart link?
tuaris

Activity: 765
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:04:47 AM

Here's a new faucet:
http://faucet.securepayment.cc/meow/

Maybe someone can design a nice template for it?

rubenaco

Activity: 378

NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:11:19 AM

Quote from: jackleszz link=top48003.msg6507167#msg6507167 date=1399032841
Hey guys just wanted to pop in and let you know I haven't dropped off this I just have been unfortunately slammed w/work and my mac (only computer) stopped allowing me to login on Monday so I was down Monday+Tuesday imaging the disk, reinstalling OSX, and then reinstalling everything else needed to code and such (everything was encrypted too makin the process painful).

Anyway, @TheMightyX I got your PM and I will reply tomm, want to give it the proper attention it deserves.

Also just throwing this out there someone has offered to do an italian translation of the kittehcoin site for an undisclosed "bounty"- anyone want to throw out some MEOW to get that done?

Sorry I haven't been around I've just been burnt out after the workday and then spending the night just installing stupid apps. Will def catch up with those who have PM'd me and emailed me tomorrow; appreciate everyone who is stepping up to keep things going while I'm busy. I haven't received any pull requests to the new kittehcoin branch but I am looking out for them!

More news to come as I catch up with the proactive community members looking to keep MEOW rollin!
I think in totality there has to be a promotion of kittehcoin. Lets face it... our coin is a memecoin. So why cant the CAT get as much Attention as the DOGE? Especially when its a much better memecoin to begin with.   !!!!!!!WE NEED TO EXPAND!!!!!!!! different languages would be a start.. I honestly think meow will explode in Asia, Japan, China because kittehs cats as a meme are popular there to begin with. Im also willing to be a part promoting the coin once that point comes..

I personally offer a bounty of 1.5 Millioin MEOW to anyone willing to do a translation into all the following languages

-japanese
-mandarin
-italian

ANYONE feel free to add to the bounty MEOW:K8UwcYyCngKLaQT95UrhMkKCBDj6jT6qQu

I can do spanish translation Wink good luck

open your mind!!
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:31:09 AM

I personally offer a bounty of 1.5 Millioin MEOW to anyone willing to do a translation into all the following languages

-japanese
-mandarin
-italian

I commend your enthusiasm but you may want to hold off on paying anyone to translate anything as there may be some major changes coming soon.

Next- I replied to TheMightyX just now and he seems like he may have some solid plans to move Kittehcoin forward with the other people who have stepped up. I don't want to say anything preemptively I'll let him announce the news when he's ready.

I'm just now starting the process of contacting those who have volunteered their time and services to kittehcoin.

This will be a regrouping process and may take a few days to sort things out.
After we tally our forces we can start our developer recruitment.
Following that will be an announcement for our plan moving forward and a renewed marketing effort.
As well there are some key features that will be announced and some drastic changes to the protocol.

The new focus of Kittehcoin will be Sustainability, Marketability and Charitability.
Ok I made that last word up. But it sounded nice, right?

No Kitteh is not dead, its only used up 1 of its 9 lives (2 if you count previous dev takeover).
Our Kitteh still has a long life to live and will have learned many lessons along the way.

Theres not much else to say at this point but hang in there everybody!

nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326

King of all the land

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:36:35 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 04:48:44 PM by nomoreheroes7

Quote from: themightyx

Lol this picture's perfect. Hang on fellow kittehs!
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 09:45:23 PM

-japanese
-mandarin
-italian

I commend your enthusiasm but you may want to hold off on paying anyone to translate anything as there may be some major changes coming soon.

Next- I replied to TheMightyX just now and he seems like he may have some solid plans to move Kittehcoin forward with the other people who have stepped up. I don't want to say anything preemptively I'll let him announce the news when he's ready.

I'm just now starting the process of contacting those who have volunteered their time and services to kittehcoin.

This will be a regrouping process and may take a few days to sort things out.
After we tally our forces we can start our developer recruitment.
Following that will be an announcement for our plan moving forward and a renewed marketing effort.
As well there are some key features that will be announced and some drastic changes to the protocol.

The new focus of Kittehcoin will be Sustainability, Marketability and Charitability.

No Kitteh is not dead, its only used up 1 of its 9 lives (2 if you count previous dev takeover).
Our Kitteh still has a long life to live and will have learned many lessons along the way.

+1 I am working with TheMightyX to make sure the transition is smooth and he and future contributors have everything they need to make Kittehcoin the succcess it deserves to be. We are working behind the scenes (there are a number of people involved at this point) to coordinate marketing, management transition, next client features/release and possible hardfork points and much more. Also trying to coordinate a Hangout/Skype Call to expedite some of the communication and question answering.

Couldn't have stated it better myself:
Theres not much else to say at this point but hang in there everybody!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
blue_bit

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:51:26 AM

go on , meow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Thief

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:30:52 PM

http://s019.radikal.ru/i614/1405/58/bd1aa9912c0b.jpg
MEOW!
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 03:46:16 PM

Hey MEOW'er,

Just a reminer, our pool is: http://www.hasher.ca

Low fee PROP reward system
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage, no account registration or email addresses
Paid directly to MEOW address after block confirmation.
Auto ProfitSwitching Ports (coming soon, currently testing)

To mine:

Username: your POT wallet address
Password: anything
URL (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3414

Cheers and Happy Hashing!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
dieorlive

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:48:44 PM

Quote from: jackleszz link=top48003.msg6507167#msg6507167 date=1399032841
Hey guys just wanted to pop in and let you know I haven't dropped off this I just have been unfortunately slammed w/work and my mac (only computer) stopped allowing me to login on Monday so I was down Monday+Tuesday imaging the disk, reinstalling OSX, and then reinstalling everything else needed to code and such (everything was encrypted too makin the process painful).

Anyway, @TheMightyX I got your PM and I will reply tomm, want to give it the proper attention it deserves.

Also just throwing this out there someone has offered to do an italian translation of the kittehcoin site for an undisclosed "bounty"- anyone want to throw out some MEOW to get that done?

Sorry I haven't been around I've just been burnt out after the workday and then spending the night just installing stupid apps. Will def catch up with those who have PM'd me and emailed me tomorrow; appreciate everyone who is stepping up to keep things going while I'm busy. I haven't received any pull requests to the new kittehcoin branch but I am looking out for them!

More news to come as I catch up with the proactive community members looking to keep MEOW rollin!
I think in totality there has to be a promotion of kittehcoin. Lets face it... our coin is a memecoin. So why cant the CAT get as much Attention as the DOGE? Especially when its a much better memecoin to begin with.   !!!!!!!WE NEED TO EXPAND!!!!!!!! different languages would be a start.. I honestly think meow will explode in Asia, Japan, China because kittehs cats as a meme are popular there to begin with. Im also willing to be a part promoting the coin once that point comes..

-japanese
-mandarin
-italian

I can translate it into Chinese . I am a local speaker.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:49:00 PM

What's with the h?
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326

King of all the land

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:42:59 PM

What's with the h?

The h is silent.
helmet

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:30:37 PM

This is a slightly nearsighted sentiment.
Those who invested their funds at 60, 80 or even 100 satoshi could not be expected to donate those funds as just to donate $100 to the developers it would cost them $1000-$2000.

I have been pretty vocal several times about what I felt were key issues and roadblocks in kittehs path.
I offered to help strategize a plan of action but was not taken up on the offer. That in itself was disappointing as I believe that there were many forms of action we could have taken. Mergemining was not one of them.

We all have lives to live and other responsibilities so it would be selfish of us to hold it against the team for wanting to move on with their lives and careers. We can't necessarily expect someone to waste their time on something solely for our benefit. As much as we may not like this move, we all need to do whats right for ourselves first.

And who are you? You seem to not have any involvement in kitteh. I know I have never seen you around, and I have been around since before the relaunch...........
adamg

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 06:03:50 PM

Spanish is already online (https://kittehcoin.info/espanol/ was put on about hmm 3 weeks ago) and we also have a twitter account, myself and cryptoargentina worked on it. cryptoargentina looks after the Spanish twitter account.

-japanese
-mandarin
-italian

The mandarin (simplified) is about to be put online and is close to completion so no need for a bounty for that - but its a great idea for a bounty.  I've already had a offer for a free translation of Japanese, Russian, Portuguese Brazilian and dutch translation from members of the community and fans of kittehcoin which I have sent the document off for to translate which I will code up when they come back.

I don't know how you can decide on a new focus without having discussed it with the community or myself (I work on the marketing), personally I've just pulled 5.5 btc buy order for kittehcoin as your approach is not very involving - do you have any credibility/experience to take this coin forward?
helmet

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:21:33 PM

I don't know how you can decide on a new focus without having discussed it with the community or myself (I work on the marketing), personally I've just pulled 5.5 btc buy order for kittehcoin as your approach is not very involving - do you have any credibility/experience to take this coin forward?

From what I saw the folks writing in chat, it looks like he is trying to come in and take over the new foundation that the group has been working on building and setting up for the last month or so.
adamg

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 07:06:12 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 07:22:05 PM by adamg

From what I saw the folks writing in chat, it looks like he is trying to come in and take over the new foundation that the group has been working on building and setting up for the last month or so.

Yeah just went onto IRC and it sounds like he has annoyed a lot of the community already with his my way or the highway attitude. TBH I haven't seen him on irc before which is concerning as I have been in there most the day for the last few months. Also he pm'ed me offering me rewards for marketing the coin when I market it for free. This raises the question of how he can find rewards for such a task. This isn't my main concern, my two concerns are his love of multipools (which I hate as they go against my ehtos and what I thought kittehcoin was against) and he wants to go Proof-of-Stake instead of Proof-of-Work which will rule out merge mining with dogecoin and others. Overall if these changes go ahead I'll be dumping my coins on the market which will surely crash it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmuYtriCAAARo9h.jpg
helmet

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:23:53 PM

Yeah just went onto IRC and it sounds like he has annoyed a lot of the community already with his my way or the highway attitude. TBH I haven't seen him on irc before which is concerning as I have been in there most the day for the last few months. Also he pm'ed me offering me rewards for marketing the coin when I market it for free. This raises the question of how he can find rewards for such a task. This isn't my main concern, my two concerns are his love of multipools (which I hate) and he wants to go Proof-of-Stake instead of Proof-of-Work which will rule out merge mining with dogecoin and others. Overall if these changes go ahead I'll be dumping my coins on the market which will surely crash it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmuYtriCAAARo9h.jpg

That's good to hear since you are in the top of the new foundation group. Thanks for standing up for us who want to see a community group operate the coin. I think for sure that if TheMightyX wants to be involved it should be part of your group, not as taking it over. If he takes it over, I'll put my coins on the market as well.
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: