Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:30:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
tengattack

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 09:45:09 PM

hi, do this pool has any pool fee?
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:04:53 PM

It has a small fee which has not been disclosed. All profit averages on the site include fees, so that is the actual amount you will earn.
Terk (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:41:24 PM

It has a small fee which has not been disclosed. All profit averages on the site include fees, so that is the actual amount you will earn.

I actually announced a fixed 2% fee couple of days ago. I might go back to progressive fee idea once I have time to work on it. I need to update the website to reflect recent changes.

pdaddy

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:56:13 PM

Cryptsy deposits mostly went through, unexchanged balance is lowered and payouts were sent.

Underlying stratum server which I built the pool on was really crappy in storing shares in database and I rewrote this part. Vardiff was relying on this and I need to write my own vardiff engine if I want vardiff enabled. This is not difficult but I have more urgent tasks right now. I will lower difficulty to 256 as soon as I deploy a new server for the pool. I will work on vardiff next week. It will be either vardiff or selecting your own difficulty by using a password like “diff-256”. I haven't decided yet. The second option would be quicker to develop, but I don't want people hammering the pool with shares sent every five seconds just because they like when their cgminer output is scrolling faster.

Any new schedule for changing diff to 256?
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 11:37:19 PM

Comparing directly to wafflepool's displayed BTC/MH rates isn't exactly fair, since wafflepool will consistently accept more of your submitted shares, therefore bringing their total displayed hashrate up slightly (and therefore displayed BTC/MH down). In my side by side tests, neither pool stood out for profitability, but wafflepool's transparency won me over. My testing also showed BTC/MH on waffle to be 5-10% higher on average then projected, compared to a few percent lower then projected on clever.
evel

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 11:46:49 PM

Terk, some suggestions:

1. Add an option to auto-exchange to litecoins too, pls !
you could change the password to choose between BTC and LTC:
-p btc   -> will auto-exchange to BTCs
-p ltc    -> will auto-exchange to LTCs

2. Add an option to mine SHA256 coins for the ASIC people ( PPC, TRC, ASC, UNO, XJO, ZET, etc... )
Don't forget to implement here also the BTC/LTC auto-exchange.

3. You need more mirrors in europe, asia, USA, etc... to reduce ping and rejects.

thx for good job you're doing.
Trollope

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:17:46 AM

Hi, today i restarted my miner and my reject ratios turned from around 3-5% to around 20% would you happen to know whats wrong?
Capttech08

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:55:34 AM

My reject rate has been staying around 11%-14% today. According to my miners, I have some odd numbers - 268 Accepted - 489 Stale. Is this normal for whatever we are mining? I have never seen them get this many stale coins since I have been mining. I've restarted them several times through out the day trying to get this to go down. Any ideas are welcome - I run 4 R9 290's, 2 5870's and 1 6970. The all seem to have this issue.

Fore example 6970 @ 430kh/s has 473 accepted and 1370 stale. This is the only card I haven't restarted since about noon today - So 10 hours or so and that's its numbers.

BTC Tip Jar: 11tK3hF4KN9t2kZbRgqdafdcNMDyPW2ru
LTC Tip Jar: LMCBpoiy86H5Gw5Evjt9fRRB6h6ipUCN9V
Terk (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:39:28 AM

We are changing coins a little more aggressively since yesterday, but I'm monitoring pool-wide rejected ratio and it got up only slightly (less than 1% more than before the change).

You should setup your miners to submit stale shares.

When you find a share just at the same time when we switched coins, you should submit it anyway, because it might be solving a block for the old coin (and even if it doesn't solve it, it will be accepted as a valid share). The pool will recognize it correctly and use it for the previous coin, even if the current work is for the next one.

This is even more important now when we change coins more aggressively. We switch coins more often now and if your miner discards work that it solved because of coin change, it isn't good. It should submit it because it might be a solving block share.

Setting your miners to submit stale shares will increase rejected ratio reported by the pool (because you will also submit stale shares when we didn't switch coins, but when a new block for a coin came, and that share will be invalid and rejected), but it will also increase profitability and it's the right thing to do in a coin-switching pool.

Capttech08

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:47:52 AM

We are changing coins a little more aggressively since yesterday, but I'm monitoring pool-wide rejected ratio and it got up only slightly (less than 1% more than before the change).

You should setup your miners to submit stale shares.

When you find a share just at the same time when we switched coins, you should submit it anyway, because it might be solving a block for the old coin (and even if it doesn't solve it, it will be accepted as a valid share). The pool will recognize it correctly and use it for the previous coin, even if the current work is for the next one.

This is even more important now when we change coins more aggressively. We switch coins more often now and if your miner discards work that it solved because of coin change, it isn't good. It should submit it because it might be a solving block share.

Setting your miners to submit stale shares will increase rejected ratio reported by the pool (because you will also submit stale shares when we didn't switch coins, but when a new block for a coin came, and that share will be invalid and rejected), but it will also increase profitability and it's the right thing to do in a coin-switching pool.

Hmm, I'll have to figure out how to do this is GUIMiner-Scrypt. Or finally break down and switch to CGMiner /sigh

BTC Tip Jar: 11tK3hF4KN9t2kZbRgqdafdcNMDyPW2ru
LTC Tip Jar: LMCBpoiy86H5Gw5Evjt9fRRB6h6ipUCN9V
veringtentje

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:15:18 AM

I've been mining here for the last few days, but now I discovered I used my LTC address instead of my BTC address, so I didn't receive any pay outs. Is there a way I can still receive it, or do I just have to take my loss?

(My LTC address is Lhkqt64zX6E8SESssmELcSvynpCQgjD4zn and my BTC address is 1MQDYPuwQ7M9hbwitnwwLPHW7UzHQowQAT)
lordshawk

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:55:35 AM

After an 8 hour mining shift on Wafflepool my calculations show I definitely earned more on clevermining even with the higher reject / discard rate. Looks like ill be making cleverpool my primary.

Cheers.
boubou

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:46:12 PM

Is it possible to tweak the reject rate?

I'm about 15%...The worksize at 512 is too high? Is there some other parameter like scan-times, etc that influe on it?

BEHNZiP6UZunp41vurNaQi4r2hvgG57yzi : BdG
Terk (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:06:34 PM

Average pool-wide rejected ratio is around 5-6% and it's normal on coin-switching pools.

If you experience higher rejected ratio, please read 2nd and 3rd part of this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448649.msg5063819#msg5063819

Terk (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:07:21 PM

I've been mining here for the last few days, but now I discovered I used my LTC address instead of my BTC address, so I didn't receive any pay outs. Is there a way I can still receive it, or do I just have to take my loss?

(My LTC address is Lhkqt64zX6E8SESssmELcSvynpCQgjD4zn and my BTC address is 1MQDYPuwQ7M9hbwitnwwLPHW7UzHQowQAT)

No worries. If you can prove that you own Lhkqt64zX6E8SESssmELcSvynpCQgjD4zn then I can change it to your bitcoin address. I'll send you a PM.

Hotsauce

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:54:59 PM

FWIW, just as an alternate opinion on this issue, I don't require any of this kind of transparency at all to point my hashes at clevermining. I also don't need a well-designed website. I have hashed at middlecoin and at wafflepool and their pedestrian websites don't put me off at all. I do not care what coin the pool is mining at any given time. I really only care about maximizing my profit and I don't need @Terk to tell me how he is doing that as long as he is actually doing it. I also don't care what his fees are. If his fees are literally 5 times higher than the fees at middlecoin or wafflepool, but I am still banking more coin to my wallet, then I am happy to pay those fees. In my reality, there is no such thing as "fair" fees. If @Terk figures out how to get me more coins for my hashrate than I can get elsewhere, then he can charge me whatever he wants to put more coins in my wallet than I can get elsewhere.

The only transparency that I need is as follows:

1. The indisputable and irreversible BTC deposits into my wallet should match up with the claimed stats on the website
2. Nobody else who is mining at the pool should be reporting discrepancies in what they are actually being paid

For me, the reason that I am currently hashing at clevermining is that from the care of design of his website and from his responsiveness in this thread, I believe that @Terk is putting in a good-faith effort to create a more profitable pool and based on the quality of his work that I have seen so far, I think it is possible/probable that he may be better at it than others. But I will switch to another pool as soon as I don't believe that anymore.

So far, for me the results are still inconclusive. On the plus side the reported history of profitability looks to me a bit better than middlecoin and a fair bit better than wafflepool, though I don't think there is enough history yet for that to be conclusive. My own experience is that my daily earnings at clevermining have been roughly on par with my daily earnings at middlecoin - within the statistical noise that mining is. But that is also not conclusive to me because I haven't mined long enough at either pool to get past the statistical noise.

I'm not saying that you are not correct for yourself and others requiring the kind of transparency that you are asking for in order for clevermining to gain more hashers. You might be totally right about that. I'm just saying that that is not true for me. Given the ease of pointing one's miner at another pool at a moment's notice, I just utterly fail to see how @Terk could possibly be taking advantage or scamming anyone. As long as the payouts are hitting miner's wallets, I just don't see any space available for ripping anyone off. And obviously the moment the payouts are not happening, or are not competitive, it will be completely obvious to everyone and there will instantly be no more clevermining.

At absolute BEST, @Terk might be able to walk away with one day's take before everyone left. My guess is not even that. And given what he has obviously invested in sweat so far, my judgement is that he has much more financial incentive to make the results as competitive as possible and pull in his percentage for the long haul.

That's my 2c.

Very well said, don't get me wrong - I agree 100%. Personally, I am more than happy with CleverMining the way it is and love the site. It just pains me to see other new pools have such success and achieve over 1GH/s in a short amount of time while CleverMining struggles to get to 800 MH/s, even though I feel CM deserves the more hash.

The points I mentioned were simply the only reasoning I could come up with when thinking what it is these other pools have that CM doesn't...
tengattack

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 05:15:22 PM

I actually announced a fixed 2% fee couple of days ago. I might go back to progressive fee idea once I have time to work on it. I need to update the website to reflect recent changes.
thx, I'm now mining in your pool
& I think you should put the pool fee in prominent position of the website.
Kennet_h

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:04:13 PM

Hello everybody!

I'm totally new to this, is it possible for me to use guiminer to mine in this pool?
If so, i would use,

Host:us.clevermining.com
Username: BTC adress
Port:3333
Password:Doesn't matter

Correct?

Sorry for the noob question btw, looking forward to really getting into the cryptocurrencies! Smiley
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:40:31 PM

Hello everybody!

I'm totally new to this, is it possible for me to use guiminer to mine in this pool?
If so, i would use,

Host:us.clevermining.com
Username: BTC adress
Port:3333
Password:Doesn't matter

Correct?

Sorry for the noob question btw, looking forward to really getting into the cryptocurrencies! Smiley

You cannot use GUIMiner. Use GUIMiner-Scrypt or CGMiner.
igroock

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:54:56 PM

Not to rain on your parade, but I just connected all 10.3 Mhash I have to your pool and I am getting more than 50% rejects. I have more rejects than I do in regular shares...that aint right. I dont know if youre having issues with your pool or whatnot, but its not my end because I never had a single pool give me those type of stats. I will let it run for a little bit, but so far its not looking good. I am on the East Coast by the way.

I do like your website and its transparency. Great design as well. I wanted to look for a Middlecoin alternative and yours seems to fit well, but the connection issues is something that might drive me away.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: