Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:29:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
pdaddy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:54:28 AM

@Terk I get very frequently a message from cgminer that says "Rejected untracked stratum share from pool 0"
Is this normal? I tried to lower the intensity as recommended on various posts but it does not solve.

When cgminer sends shares via stratum, it does not send the share and then wait for the response as this might slow down the sending of other shares. This means that the response back from the pool is processed separately from the share submission (to make the most of a truly multithreaded environment). However there is never a guarantee that the responses come back in the same order you send them. So cgminer stores a copy of each share as it sends it to the server in its own local database of submitted shares. When it gets a response back about that share from the pool, it deletes the copy of that share. Now stratum is meant to be an uninterrupted connection to the pool, and if you lose that connection, it is assumed that your "session" is no longer valid. So if you send some shares and get disconnected before you get a response, cgminer has to assume that those shares have been lost - otherwise it may end up keeping copies of heaps of shares that it will never get a response to and wastes memory. If you manage to reconnect, sometimes the pool will actually tell you "oh by the way those shares are ok" - however cgminer has now thrown out the record of what those shares were and can only say that the pool said a share was accepted or rejected. Then cgminer just says it's an "untracked share"." (c) ckolivas
oktay50000

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:55:29 AM

where is operator....no response Angry
add more stats please and lower refresh time 1hour is too long

BTC : bc1qqz9hvv806w2zs42mx4rn576whxmr202yxp00e9

feel free to buy me a bear
pdaddy

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:59:16 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 12:48:07 PM by pdaddy

Oh be reasonable, it's Sunday for crying out loud!
igroock

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:03:18 AM

I want to give you guys some constructive criticism, positives and negatives.

I like your overall design, good colors, charts, layout. I think its by far the best looking Auto-Switch pool yet. However, I think you should remove the main page that basically describes your pool and why you should join. You have a whole page dedicated to the same link, and that is to start mining. One would do, you can even put it on top somewhere where its not so much in your face. If people are mining, they will figure out which link to follow. It just makes it look cleaner and more professional.

I believe its to your advantage to list which coins are being mined. Take this pool as an example, http://coinsolver.com . You are not revealing your algorithm, nor a pattern at which your pool selects its coins, so its impossible for someone to figure out your code. I have seen this mentioned on several occasions, and its just downright silly to think someone will figure out your trade secret simply through listing your minable coins. Not only does this show MORE transparency, it allows people to decide whether your pool is better or not. Your charts are nice, but they are no different than other sites. In this day people want information and as much as of it as possible to make their decision. While you supply more than other pools it would be to your advantage to list all coins being mined on your site - you dont have to list current coin being mined like Miltipool.

I think you should allow people to create an account to select their settings. I personally would like to get paid only once per day, like on Middlecoin. I dont see the point in getting multiple payouts, its just more information to track at the end of the day.

You have to disclose your fees. If you want to be transparent as you state on your website, then its essential for you to disclose fees.

I will continue to monitor your speeds and profits. I think Middlecoin needs a competitor and you are the first that has similar features in terms of payout structure (not enough info to know if profits are close). It would only be to your advantage to implement the things I mentioned, its the type of things people look for and mostly comment on when they see new pools pop up.
I also want to give you a heads up, CoinWarz pool will probably be the best AutoPool once it comes out of beta, so you have a lot of ground to cover. I will likely not use Middlecoin once Coinwarz is out of Beta.

oktay50000

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:03:56 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 12:06:01 PM by oktay50000

im mining with 12mh for 10 hours and no payout til now...
is this normal?

here is my address : 1KYPapEzhxvpLwb6eZB1DBg9joq2hVsz55
i cant see the profit graph only reject graph and hashrate graph
also im getting 5x 0.00000001 btc unconfirmed in my wallet what is this???

BTC : bc1qqz9hvv806w2zs42mx4rn576whxmr202yxp00e9

feel free to buy me a bear
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:47:09 PM

Since Terk seems to be offline, I'll try to answer questions. I'm not a staff member, but I was one of the beta testers.

like the site ! beautifully done ! grats. just directed 3.66 mhs to your pool & looking fwd to join forces.
how long do i have to wait before i see some results ? 1 hour ? how often do we get paid ? daily ? (UTC time pls) hourly ?
will be great if some tips can be posted here on how to setup for auto switching pool config in sg/cgminer.

happy mining.

There are 10 minute stats which are updated every minute.

What is the fee schedule  I cant find anything about fees?

Right now it is 2%. All profitability stats on the site have included the fee, so you won't have to subtract 2% from the stats.

By any chance you are going to add port 80 ?

For what? I don't think so.

where can i see list of coins and currently mining coin ?

You cannot, since Terk does not want competitors from copying his system.

There are 10 minute stats which are updated every minute. Please scroll down.

im mining with 12mh for 10 hours and no payout til now...
is this normal?

here is my address : 1KYPapEzhxvpLwb6eZB1DBg9joq2hVsz55
i cant see the profit graph only reject graph and hashrate graph

You have been paid a sum of 0.03122056BTC 47 minutes ago. You have a pending payment of 0.03224157BTC, but the coins are unexchanged.
pjv

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:17:21 PM

this "satoshi spam" has nothing directly to do with CM. see here.
m4ttyd

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:41:13 PM

have 4 x r9 290x's

I am running cgminer

I would really love a conifg setup as im a complete noob

If anyone has any advice how to setup my 5th card as well I would v grateful and would compensate for their time of they are willing to share it with me.

Best

matt
Alpharoid

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:18:33 PM

have 4 x r9 290x's

I am running cgminer

I would really love a conifg setup as im a complete noob

If anyone has any advice how to setup my 5th card as well I would v grateful and would compensate for their time of they are willing to share it with me.

Best

matt

I have te same card, my configuration is:
-w 256 -v 1 -I 18 --thread-concurrency 33792 --log 3 --gpu-powertune 20 --gpu-fan 80 --scan-time 1 --expiry 1 --queue 0 --gpu-powertune 20 --gpu-memclock 1400

If you add a card it is necessary to download a fresh copy of cgminer and delete the old one! Read this: http://www.thecryptomaniac.com/2014/02/getting-most-hash-power-mining-with.html
Actually i have 10 percent of rejected with this config but i'm not sure that lower intensity can improve things without lowering too much hashrate.

Someone else with a r9 290x? What is the value of intensity used to not having too high a percentage of rejected?
pdaddy

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:20:22 PM

With a diff of 512 and these fast coins my reject rate is getting too high. Pity, but at the moment switching to waffle.
spiderdk

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:24:32 PM

With a diff of 512 and these fast coins my reject rate is getting too high. Pity, but at the moment switching to waffle.

Same here. Waffle i can set the difficulty from 64 to 1024, better for me, I got a 320 kh/s rig, a 720 kh/s rig and a 1470 kh/s.

Is there any specificy configuration for auto-switching pools?
like, no-send-stales? any way for the cgminer to continue the block and send even a delayed block to the server and get no rejects regarding the coin switch?

thanks,

byt411

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:30:58 PM

Same here. Waffle i can set the difficulty from 64 to 1024, better for me, I got a 320 kh/s rig, a 720 kh/s rig and a 1470 kh/s.

Is there any specificy configuration for auto-switching pools?
like, no-send-stales? any way for the cgminer to continue the block and send even a delayed block to the server and get no rejects regarding the coin switch?

thanks,

Please take note that stale shares are still paid. The 512 diff will be changed to 256 soon, and vardiff will be back up soon.
spiderdk

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:40:36 PM

so no-submit-stales should be false?

the thing is that on a regular pool without coin switch, my reject is bellow 1%, here i just tested again and got average of 8%.

on waffle now its bellow 1% (but waffle seems very unprofitable so far, havent tested for long, that sucks), i want go back to clevermining.

please set difficulty like waffle, when you can choose from 16 to 1024, it would be perfect
pdaddy

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:06:42 PM

the thing is that on a regular pool without coin switch, my reject is bellow 1%, here i just tested again and got average of 8%.

on waffle now its bellow 1% (but waffle seems very unprofitable so far, havent tested for long, that sucks), i want go back to clevermining.

please set difficulty like waffle, when you can choose from 16 to 1024, it would be perfect

Waffle's choice starts at 64, not 16. 16 Would bring too much load om the servers I guess. As soon as clever will give this option to set a fixed diff I'll be back.
byt411

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:41:16 PM

Waffle's choice starts at 64, not 16. 16 Would bring too much load om the servers I guess. As soon as clever will give this option to set a fixed diff I'll be back.

It will have an automatic vardiff of 16-1024.
XliptTit

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:43:26 PM

I have been mining on this pool for about 10 days, with ocasional switches to other pools to test proftability, so I think I am gonna list some things that may help you.

- I am using the exact same .bat file that I used on other pools with exception that I put -queue 0 and to submit shares.I have tried --expiry and --scan-time but I couldn't notice any real difference so I just delete them form the .bat .

- the best way to measure reject rates is to leave the miner for about 1-2 hours then look at the site on your user stats, A good reject rate is one that accompany the pools reject but is always 2-3% lower. I gave up on trying to measure reject and stales by cgwacher and cgremote, I couldn't figure everything out.

- Vardiff will be implemented soon.It lauched that way but it got disabled to help with the troubleshooting.

- the fee is now at a fixed 2%.Terk is going to study a variable fee, so the in the good days everyone wins more and in the bad days everyone wins less,think this as a perfomance fee.IT IS NOT YET IMPLEMENTED and expect a proper announcement before it is.

-Terk is working in the site to reflect the recent changes in the pool, fixed fee and other things.

-Dont worry if you reject goes up in a interval, the pool sometimes mine fast coins.The things you must look are the long term rejects(should be close to 5% or less) and your rejects compared to the pool's.So if your reject goes up to 10% but the pool's is 15% you are fine.Even thought Terk doesn't reveal the formula of coin switches he said that it does take in account the high reject rate implied on mining fast coins.

-The pool now provides graph of reject rate of each user, just search your btc adress in the homepage.

With exception of the 2 first topics , I think everything else was said by Terk(the pool owner) somewhere in the thread .

Hope it helps
Alpharoid

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:09:04 PM

I have been mining on this pool for about 10 days, with ocasional switches to other pools to test proftability, so I think I am gonna list some things that may help you.

- I am using the exact same .bat file that I used on other pools with exception that I put -queue 0 and to submit shares.I have tried --expiry and --scan-time but I couldn't notice any real difference so I just delete them form the .bat .

- the best way to measure reject rates is to leave the miner for about 1-2 hours then look at the site on your user stats, A good reject rate is one that accompany the pools reject but is always 2-3% lower. I gave up on trying to measure reject and stales by cgwacher and cgremote, I couldn't figure everything out.

- Vardiff will be implemented soon.It lauched that way but it got disabled to help with the troubleshooting.

- the fee is now at a fixed 2%.Terk is going to study a variable fee, so the in the good days everyone wins more and in the bad days everyone wins less,think this as a perfomance fee.IT IS NOT YET IMPLEMENTED and expect a proper announcement before it is.

-Terk is working in the site to reflect the recent changes in the pool, fixed fee and other things.

-Dont worry if you reject goes up in a interval, the pool sometimes mine fast coins.The things you must look are the long term rejects(should be close to 5% or less) and your rejects compared to the pool's.So if your reject goes up to 10% but the pool's is 15% you are fine.Even thought Terk doesn't reveal the formula of coin switches he said that it does take in account the high reject rate implied on mining fast coins.

-The pool now provides graph of reject rate of each user, just search your btc adress in the homepage.

With exception of the 2 first topics , I think everything else was said by Terk(the pool owner) somewhere in the thread .

Hope it helps

About the intensity parameter do you think? Are you using the maximum working for your gpu or do you think should be lowered to achieve a lower percentage of rejected?
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:21:03 PM

Hope it helps

Could u please clarify what is the effect of "queue" exactly?

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:28:52 PM

Difficulty does not matter.

Go read up on how mining works since you clearly do not understand.
spiderdk

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:30:16 PM

where? i could not find it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: