Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:07:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What affects your decision to take part in a Bounty Campaign?  (Read 2045 times)
Manc89

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:09:23 PM

I do bounty campagnes of ICOs i'm personally going to invest in. I don't want to sport a signature of something I can't personally get onboard with. I see it as a good way to earn some extra coins/tokens and also help the project get the attention they need for their fundraiser. So my advice would be to do something similar, look for a project you personally think can achieve its goals, if you don't believe in it, then you might want to refrain from participating as you get paid only if the ICO succeeds.
Actually what you did above is reflection of you are the true believer to the project. You use the signature just for extra income because you are also as investor. This is the reason should be done by us. Not only bring signature withput knowing the true believer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
m. yasir

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 04:18:41 PM

Everyone has the criteria in choosing bounty in different ways. The way I use to choose bounty
1. Looking at the allocation given to bounty, to determine how many coins I can get
2. Website website, to see the project being run, professional team and road map
3. How many investors have entered
DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1232
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:47:52 PM

Hello everyone!

I faced several Bounty campaigns and I have seen a lot of them with pretty similar conditions and requirements to participate. When I had a look at their Spreadsheets, I have found that the number of bounty hunters is different! There was a huge difference between the number of participants and the date of Bounty Campaign launch was the same (there was a difference of several dates between the launch dates). Their ideas were great, very promising, and the relationship between community managers and their community was excellent: great potential investors attention, fast replies, polite and useful explanations...

My question is: "What makes you choose one Bounty campaign and not another? What are the key factors that highly influence your decision? What are you looking for at the first sight and what do you expect from it before starting your participation and register in the Bounty?

(Don't know if this or similar topic exists, I haven't found one, sorry if it's already created)

bounty platform, bounty allocation, their long term goal, the public profile of the team, and also their partners. those are my basement for my judgement if I were gonna become part of a certain bounty campaign.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Way2Paradise

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:56:19 PM

it depends on how high the campaign's money pool is and how interesting the project is.

from that depends a lot on how many people take part of the campaign.
Sabinas17

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:32:36 PM

first of all, my own opinion and intuition, when I go to the site, I immediately understand whether I like the project or not, if not, I immediately leave the site, and if I like, I start to study the product, look at the team (for me it is very important) then I study the white paper, then the road map, and I also important bounty Manager, because there are managers who cheat and do not lead the table and at the end of the company begins the turmoil.  I don't like this and I love responsible bounty managers!
TYPEcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:46:29 PM

The thing is simple, I wuold always look on the team of developers, and if they had a succesful projects in a past - it is a good sign, that their  new project would also have a success, maybe also the rank of a bounty manager affects it..
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:50:05 PM

Hello everyone!

I faced several Bounty campaigns and I have seen a lot of them with pretty similar conditions and requirements to participate. When I had a look at their Spreadsheets, I have found that the number of bounty hunters is different! There was a huge difference between the number of participants and the date of Bounty Campaign launch was the same (there was a difference of several dates between the launch dates). Their ideas were great, very promising, and the relationship between community managers and their community was excellent: great potential investors attention, fast replies, polite and useful explanations...

My question is: "What makes you choose one Bounty campaign and not another? What are the key factors that highly influence your decision? What are you looking for at the first sight and what do you expect from it before starting your participation and register in the Bounty?

(Don't know if this or similar topic exists, I haven't found one, sorry if it's already created)

I consider a lot of things when joining. First, I look at who is managing the campaign, since different bounty managers have their own rules and regulations in managing. Some managers take a lot of time on finishing spreadsheet which is one of the reasons why bounty payments are delayed. Another thing is the project it self, I choose project who has a good potential in succeeding in their ICO and getting in a good exchange.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:52:08 PM

The best thing to do is to review the white paper to look if the project is legit. Even if the bounty is successful, if the project is not legit the bounty token will not have any value in the market. You should also look for a reliable bounty manager since lately there are bounty managers who are running with the bounty payments.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:53:22 PM

Like many others, my first priority is the bounty manager who is managing the campaign. I check out their post history, ranking and date of account creation to make sure whether that particular individual is worth trusting. Once I find a legit manager, I focus on factors like the whitepaper, development team experience(Don't care if they show their faces or not), social media interactions by the development team and number of participants along with the bounty fund allocation.

eipeng

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:07:36 PM

In my own opinion, I always look for the manager for his/her previous campaign if it's successful and also those Legendary manager like needmoney, ocalytus, sylon and many more. I also search the ICO if it's rated like 4.0 above look at the whitepaper, the road map if it's attainable.
Deshich (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:54:21 PM

To begin with, I look at the managers with whom I worked successfully and there were good projects, then the interest in the bounty of the company and the project itself.

But if the manager of the campaign is not well-known yet? How do you value him and what do you expect from a good manager?
How do you know if the project is interested in bounty? As far as I have seen, all the ICOs are launching the bounty campaigns. Isn't it?  Cheesy
Deshich (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:00:16 PM

There's a few factors I look at. Quality of project is top. I don't want to waste my time with shitcoins that will never be listed or that won't reach soft cap. Bounty amount - I usually look for bounties that are offering around about $500k or more because when it is less that that you usually end up with a low payout due to number of participants. The bounty manager is important but not as important as picking a quality project. Any project that are offering a decent pool and already have guaranteed exchanges lined up are good to go for because even if the project starts to look bad it is easy to sell, but I initially join bounties with the intention of holding the tokens and waiting until way higher than ICO price and that is why picking quality projects is the most important

That's an interesting point, however, how do you analyze the quality? How do you look at it? There are projects that seem to be great ones but after some time, they resulted to be a SCAM. I am new in this industry, but I would like to hear opinions from the ones who have enough experience and confronted SCAMs Wink
altcoinanalyst1

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:03:56 PM

For choosing bounty the key factor for me is participation number. I open their spreadsheet, count participants, see the token base price and bounty allocation and estimate stake then calculate how much I may gain.
Deshich (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:04:30 PM

In my own opinion, I always look for the manager for his/her previous campaign if it's successful and also those Legendary manager like needmoney, ocalytus, sylon and many more. I also search the ICO if it's rated like 4.0 above look at the whitepaper, the road map if it's attainable.

Great, thank you very much for your opinion! Thank you for sharing your tactics and ways of choosing the right bounty campaign. çby the way, at which ICO ratings do you look for? Does the manager rank on Bitcointalk forum affects your decision?
Thank you very much for your reply  Wink
Deshich (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:06:43 PM

For choosing bounty the key factor for me is participation number. I open their spreadsheet, count participants, see the token base price and bounty allocation and estimate stake then calculate how much I may gain.

To look for a number of participants seems to be a great way of finding our if the project's bounty campaign is demanded or not. çhow you can calculate the stakes if they depend on the number of tokens that others get?
Thank you very much for your advice  Smiley
Deshich (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:13:37 PM

Like many others, my first priority is the bounty manager who is managing the campaign. I check out their post history, ranking and date of account creation to make sure whether that particular individual is worth trusting. Once I find a legit manager, I focus on factors like the whitepaper, development team experience(Don't care if they show their faces or not), social media interactions by the development team and number of participants along with the bounty fund allocation.

Wow! Pretty detailed explanation about the right way of making a decision about your participation in a bounty. Thank you very much for your answer. However, I think that the bounty manager's reputation is not a significant factor since I have seen managers who are unknown but the attention to the participants is excellent
Deshich (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:18:13 PM

The best thing to do is to review the white paper to look if the project is legit. Even if the bounty is successful, if the project is not legit the bounty token will not have any value in the market. You should also look for a reliable bounty manager since lately there are bounty managers who are running with the bounty payments.

That's what I have faced, I didn't analyze the whitepaper, I mean, I haven't analyzed it deeply, I went through the idea and I liked it, then I decided to take part in its bounty campaign. I believe this was my mistake. Thank you very much  Cheesy
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:19:36 PM

Always choose the best according to your own liking and your own research. There are lots of projects that do have bounty programs which as a bounty hunter this would somehow a very tough decision for us to make.
Bounty hunters do have their own criteria on choosing but the most common advise you would able to hear out is that you should always seek out for projects potential ,like seeing its whitepaper, the team behind and the innovation or benefit of the project itself.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:25:14 PM

How do you know if this manager has a great reputation or not?

well you can easily determine if the manager has  great reputation if it is wering green numbers on their profile  which is the feedback of some reputable person here in forum as well, but for me it's not about the reputation of manager when it comes joining campaign through bounties section or contributing in ICO project 'cause in fact it depends on the team behind not on the manager, so before joining or doing something must gain some information first about the team behind if it's really good or not 'cause the progress of the project is on the hands of the team actually which is the one who really manage the project.  
cryptomonotize

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:25:27 PM

Some key factors are bounty manager's history, Whitepaper, Social activities and responsiveness, Participation number. These are the factors that I think need to be checked before joining bounty.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: